Blackfoot Forest And the walls came tumbling down
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna was searching for @Aaron. The last time they had seen each other, it had been on ill terms and resulted in her temporary demotion. Her anger of that fact had faded, however, replaced by the confusion and fear of suddenly having your leader overthrown. She seThis one was a ruse she was willing to play, her plan was taking form, though filled with holes and various hurdles. She would have to revise, edit, until she was satisfied with everything. For now, she searched merely for Kierkegaards trust, willing to play any role she must to get it. So far respect and piosness had worked, however she had seen no one since the new male had arrived and feared for them. She had sought out Leto, but not found him, and wanted to run to him immidietly. She withheld, and instead followed whatever scent she could find of her fallen leader.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Aaron laid in his den, Amara's sweet scent lingering around him as he laid. His neck still stung and if he moved too quickly the wound would begin to bleed, so he just laid. He was not hungry or tired, simply defeated. Amara had done a fine job patching him up-- but only time could heal pride. His head rests just outside of the den entrance, his blue eyes closed and his ears perked. He's resting-- a sort of rest anyway-- but is still on high alert for any signs of their new ruler.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna found her alpha, lazing in his den with the scent of Amara around him. But something about Amara's scent... Minna ignored this feeling, not knowing what it was and not particularly caring. She stepped toward him, slipping into sight, and chuffing quietly to announce her presence. She did not speak, or approach more then the two meters distance at which she now stood, both out of respect and another feeling she could not identify. It was not anger, not shame, but something in between. Because, deep inside, Minna could not help but feel that, in a way, Aaron had failed them.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
He hears her pawsteps before her chuff, and his ears flick forward. Aaron opens his pale eyes to see the tawny coat of one of his newest subordinates-- now packmates. "Minna," he says quietly. "Hope you are having a fine day." He has no questions for her, no reason to scold or praise, no news to share with her. He is not fully sure he has any conversations to start with her. But she's here, so she must have something to say herself-- so he rambles on. "Did you see? The trees have begun to bud again."
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
His response unerves her. She has expected anger, shame, something of more importance then idle small talk. She shared his rank now, though that may have been something to boast of in the days previous, it means nothing now. Now this rambling small talk. She is angered by this, and for a brief moment her hackles raise. But her pelt smooths, and she remembers why she is here. She must speak quickly, for she knows not when the alpha may come stalking into sight. "True, and the famine lessens." she said, eyeing her alpha for a moment. Was he alright, in the head? "They are angry, Aaron. They will not stand for this, and I fear for them. He will hurt them, should they speak out." She wanted to shout, to rage, of how this brute was tearing the pack appart. But she steadied herself, pain flickering across her face. "Aaron, you must know this, and know I speak the truth now. My loyalties are to you, no matter what may occur in the coming days." Weeks. Months. Who knew? "No one must know, Aaron, for I feel my plan will fail if such a thing comes to pass."
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"Minna," the man says quietly, his ears flicking cautiously. "I appreciate all that you have said-- but please look at the situation-- listen to what you have said." Aaron rises slowly, wincing at the pain along the back of his neck and holding his breath until he has finished moving. He now sits at the mouth of his den, exhaling loudly.  "I do not trust this man and neither should you. I am quite proud that so many of you feel this way already," he begins, his voice still hushed and his ears pivoting as they scanned for warnings that the king may come. "It pains me to leave this in your hands-- as your leader it should be my duty to defend you. But I was blindsided and wounded, and I do not have the strength to rise up now. Should you feel that you cannot wait-- rise now. Band together and strike as a real pack should." 

He leans back gently, wincing again. "I am sorry I have failed you in this way, but I trust in all of your abilities. You are not part of Rosings out of sheer luck." 
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
She listens as he speaks, dipping her head in respect. The uprising of the pack against the new king would be a noble, heroic thing to do, but dangerous. Leto could fight, she could she, but she was tiny. Amara and Liri seemed the peaceful sort, and she was unsure of Aveline and Emily, the latter seeming to have disappeared of late. But his words brought confidence to her and she dipped her head in strengh. It would be best to strike now when he was weak, but there was so much that could go wrong. He was a vicous, brutal specimine of a wolf. Still, his last words caused her to dip her head in silent thanks. "Aaron, you speak wisely and we should strike now, while he is weak. But weak is a relative term, and he is brutal. We stand to lose from such an attack. Packmates could be injured, mauled, killed, he is brutal and does not tolerate insubordinance. I feel a route of planning and cunning would perhaps prove fruitful, but you are rightful alpha. If that is your wish, I can gather the pack on your behalf"
She dippped her muzzle, eyes on him, waiting for his remarks. She respected his wisdom, though he had his faults, he was a true leader.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
He smiles to the woman, his tail thumping weakly against the ground. "If you can stand it, wait on me. I would much rather be a part of any attack you have planned. But if not, gather the pack. Out of everyone I trust Liri and Samuel to lead. They have been here the longest, they know the territory and Samuel is a skilled fighter," he tells her. "Otherwise, you have told me you are a warrior. Use your knowledge to defend the pack, do not make dumb decisions that could endanger your life or others unecessarily," he dips his head in return. It is not the polite dip of his head that he often gives to his subordinates, but one of respect to a packmate. 

"Although I appreciate your words, I am not currently your alpha. Gather on your own behalf and your own actions. This is no longer my decision," he adds in regards to her last comment. He wants to tell her to fight back, or to at least wait on him, but he has no true control over them, and he refuses to endanger them if they are only fighting for him. He is not worth it.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
They can not wait, she knows this but does not say it. Kierkegaard was swiftly gathering power, and the longer they waited the poorer they would fare in such a fight. She listened intently, mind turning over a plan of action. After a moment of consideration, pride in her after seeing him nod respectfully to her, she speaks. "I will gather the pack, one by one. I will see who will fight, who is willing to participate in such an attack. We will band together, plan, and report back to you. When we are prepared, and the time is right, we will strike, and we will be ready." her eyes hardened, and she added "I will try and gain his trust. Perhaps, in the end it will take but a few herbs to send him on his way. If I could somehow taint his food, with something not to kill, but to cause pain-a fight could be avoided. " she said, thinking of Liri and her knowledge. She did not want to kil the wolf, but a few painful hours would not be bad for him. To quote him ,he would only come out of it or the better. She looked at him, respect in her eyes. "You will be leader again, Aaron. This wolf will not last, not here."
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Aaron smiles, dipping his head again. "I appreciate this, Minna. It means a good deal to me-- and to Amara as well, I am sure. But you should not discuss so openly. When you gather your packmates, do so in the caves. Liri knows their location, I cannot help but assume that Kierkegaard does not," he tells her, his ears flicking again. 

With pride and hope, he dips his head one more time. "You should go rest, I must do the same. As soon as I am able I will join you all in your quest," he says, smiling. "Thank you, Minna." With that, the man settles himself back down, his head falling to his paws. He is still unhappy with the situation, and his pride is still wounded, but he now is hopeful, and has something to look forward to. Something to root for. He only wishes he was of more use.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
As before, Minna listened in silence. Her ears are perked forward, yet occasionally they flick behind her, trying to catch footsteps, if any, before they catch her of guard. When Aaron finished speaking, she nods accepting all he has said. "I will go Aaron, and gather them quickly before they try to confront Kierkegaard. The caves-I will use them, as I, Leto, Aveline, Liri and Samual know where they are. I will teach the others, and do it all discreetly. Rest Aaron, and gain strengh, for you will always be our alpha, and no brute will change that" She spun on her heel, disapearing into the trees, who, as Aaron had said, were beginning to bloom. She trotted swiftly, already seeking out the scents of her packmates, and guaging who was closest.