Silver Creek Finally reaching the border
45 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
Joining 
She'd taken her time approaching the pack's borders. Since her talk with Laika weeks earlier the grass had started to grow back. The appearence of grass marked the end of her goal, though she'd almost died several times along the way for her ignorant thinking. As a result she was still severly under weight, more so then the female would be if she hadn't been so stubborn.

Now at the border, she paused and watched her surroundings. Surly there would be a pack wolf somewhere nearby. Just in case, she raised her snout to the sky and howled to let everyone know she was there. The brown female then took a few steps back from the border and sat to wait. However, she was impatient and stood once again to pace.
I promise I will love you forever.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
The beta heard the howl and was quick to arrive at the scene. She did not recognize the howl at first, and with her new mission put upon her from Spring, she made sure to stay close to the borders to be able to arrive at every call. Tomorrow, she would take a trip outside the territory in search of possibe recruits, but for now she would stay inside to guard. She approached the scene, tail high and eyes hard with focus. Spring had chosen her to be the beta, and she would make sure every stranger knew that. However, most of her dominant stance disappeared as she recognized her brown loner friend. "Mella!" She cried, trotting to the border to touch her nose to the girl's shoulder. "I haven't seen you in a while. It's good to see you again." 

She let her eyes trail along Mella's slender body, which was quickly giving away to boniness. She frown, worried for her well being. "When have you last eaten? You look awfully skinny." Her tail was stilled and her eyes grew concerned.
45 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
At the white female's arrival, she stopped her pacing to face her friend. She smiled and returned the touch. Because of the time she'd taken to get there, she didn't know of the shift in authority. "It's good to see you too." A sigh escaped as she mentioned the state she'd put herself in. She had to go back through her memories to find the answer, and it was one to worry anyone. "Well, I usually managed to catch a small fish every three days, but for the past four there hasn't been much luck." She forced a smile, trying to make it seem like the situation didn't bother her. It was a poor show, as it soon disappeared. The fact that she'd traveled along the river most of the way here was the hardest thing for her to face.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Laika noted her fake smile that quickly disappeared. It had taken a lot of effort from Mella to preduce that smile, and she could tell the girl was tired. "You need to hunt, Mella," she stated firmly, looking at her with hard eyes. She needed to get her strength up to survive just a little longer without a pack to support her. 

Without hestitating, the white beta stepped over the borderline and began to make her way over to the river trickled outside of their territory. She didn't stop to wait if Mella was coming, she just kept plodding ahead, making sure that the territory boundaries were still in her sight. Finally, she reached the bank and already spotted shimmering fish in the depths, It was a grand sight to her, especially with the re-growing plants as the backdrop. She wagged her tail and gazed into the water. "You know how to fish, right?"
45 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
"Believe me, I've tried." Mella answered, not caring if she wanted one or not. She'd looked away from Laika but still felt the female's eyes burning into her. Her friend had taken a few by the time the brown female noticed that she'd moved. Without much thought she followed the beta to the river. Noticing the spot was away from the border surprisingly made her relax.

When asked about fishing she sighed. "Wouldn't have made it this far if I couldn't." She looked down at the river and the fish below. Her mouth started to water and she shook her head.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Laika nodded as Mella told her she knew how to fish. "Let's fish then," she said matter-of-factly. She swished her tail and waded into the river. It's currents tugged at her fur, willing her to come with it. A very small fraction of her wanted to jump into the rushing water and let it take her where it will. Engulf her it's cold tranquility and take her away from reality to a place where she wouldn't have to face famine, and death and unneeded responsibilities. No. People needed her. The pack needed her. Spring needed her. She couldn't leave. Not now. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, focusing on the task at hand. The fish had dispersed when she entered the water, but now they were wandering back. She pinpointed one and lowered her head, preparing herself for the hunt.
45 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
Mella followed her friend into the shallows. She watched the silver flashes move away each time her foot hit the surface and sunk. The current almost pulled her down stream with it, but she managed to keep her ballence with the use of some of stones and short water plants. Before she could think of catching food, she first had to drink. When she finished, her head remained low so she didn't have to move as far.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Hunt roll: 8 -- success!

Laika watched Mella wade in for a couple seconds before turning back to the fish she was targeting. She crouched ever so slightly and leaped, plunging into the water, paws grabbling to catch the shiny, slippery body. Fourtunately, her claws snagged on scales as she was able to pulled the fish up, grabbing it quickly in her jaws. She burst through the surface with a wriggling fish in her jaws and faught the current with all her might. It swept her downshore a couple feet, but soon her paws hit hard ground and she trotted to dry land.

Her sides heaved and she snapped the fish's spine, killing it instantly. She smiled towards Mella and carried it over towards her friend. "Here," she said, dropping the slippery cracass at her feet. "Eat this. It's barely anything, but it'll but something in your belly." She told her with serious eyes. Once again, she left no room for an arguement. If Mella began to argue, Laika wouldn't give in. Laika was like that when it came to protecting the ones she cared about.
45 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
Mella was about to test her own luck at catching a fish when Laika jumped in. The brown female's concentration was broken as a few droplets landed on her face. She turned to face where her friend had been, only to find her drifting down in the current. Her attention went back down to search for the flash of scales.

She was about to try again when the other spoke. Turning, she looked down at the fish laying close to her feet. Though they'd talked little from her view, she could already tell she wouldn't be able to say a word to refuse, not that she was going to anyways. Grabbing the limp fish she stepped out of the shallows and shook each foot in turn. Dropping the scaley thing in the newly growing grass she muttered "thank you" before filling her belly.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Laika nodded. "Of course," she told her, settling down on her rump. Soon, she just gave up and lay down on her side, letting the sun soak into her white fur. It felt so good, and she closed her eyes as her friend ate. "So, anything new with your life?" She asked her, eyes remaining closed. 

Short post, I have no idea what to write!! :D
45 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
And also short, I'm trying to get responses out tonight since I won't (and haven't) had a lot of time lately.
She took her time answering, savoring the feeling of a meal. "Unless you count near-death by starvation, then nothing really." Her answer was an attempt at a joke, and a bad one at that. This hadn't crossed her mind as Mella had simply spoken the words that came to mind first.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
No worries, I understand. <3

Laika listened to her friend, brows furrowing as she mentioned her near death expiriances. She eyes Mella carefully, noting every differance. She seemed to be getting better, and in a few days time, she should be slowly on her way to returning to her normal self.

Glancing at the sky, Laika noticed that it was getting late in the day. She should probably be getting back. "Well Mella, I've ought to be going. Make sure you get enough food. I'll expect to see you looking healthier when I see you next." He voice was half teasing, half stern, but she wore a look of genuine happiness. She loved her friend, that's for sure. "I'll see you soon!" With tha said, Laika turned and headed back into the Slver Creek borders. 
Thought I ought to close this one up to give you one less post to reply to!! <3