Silver Creek Keep Your Eyes On That Clock
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Private 
A little confused with current time line, but I'm just gonna say that this takes place earlier today.

Spring had something to tell Laika.  Something very important.  She had hesitated a little to offer this to Laika, but had finally decided after some time that she should and would.  Laika after all did seem that she would be good at this job if she accepted, which Spring was sure she would... or at least hoped she would.  So the new Alpha tilted her head back and howled for her friend to meet her immediately.

Then Spring began to wait for her white furred friend to come and found herself a little nervous with the offer that she was about to give, but she was careful with her features, not wanting to give anything away yet.  So she just kept her gaze neutral and ahead.
I promise I will love you forever.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
White, slender ears pricked as Laika was once again summoned to Spring. She smirked to herself in amusement as she thought about it. Lets see... once yesterday, again today... she thought. She sure liked to summon her subordinates. She guessed that another howl was to come again soon, she just had to wait. She turned from the border and headed to the sound of the call. Before Spring had howled, she had been freshening the borderline scent markings. 

As she neared, Spring's smell grew stronger and stronger until she finally had closed the gap between them. Spring's face was neutral and calm, and Laika had absolutely no idea why she had called for her. "What's up, Miss Alpha?" She teased, but love for her friend shone bright in her eyes. She sat down upon her rump, tail thumping against the the ground joyfully.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring didn't share the joy that Laika had, do to the other troubling things that had happened recently, but found herself feeling much better about talking to her friend as Laika appeared.  She kept the calmer neutral expression as Laika teased her, still feeling a little bit nervous about what she was about to ask of her friend and hoping and praying that Laika would accept her request.

"Laika."  Spring began, adressing her friend solemnly.  The Alpha paused for a few moments before continuing.  Still using that formal, solemn tone to speak about this position to the white pelted female.  "I have something very important to ask of you.  It will put on presure though I am sure... as it has seemed to be cursed a few times in the past, but I need help in a situation like this from someone that I can trust... someone that I think would truely help Silver Creek for the better good."  Spring paused for a full thirty seconds, giving a single sigh.  "Laika, I would be honored if you would be the Beta of Silver Creek."
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Laika's jaw nearly dropped to the floor. Through all the devastation and sorrow that has come over Silver Creek from the past few weeks, Laika had been forcing herself to stay cheerful and calm. She thought that maybe if she was happy, she could cause others to cheer up a bit too. It seemed to work at times, but others it didn't. Either way, she continued to do it and the whole thing began to like a fantasy. Saena wasn't gone, the pups weren't motherless, Silver Creek wasn't losing members. But with that question, it all hit her, and it hit her hard.

She took long breaths, fighting back tears of both joy and sorrow. She raised her head to meet her best friend's gaze and gave a swifted but firm nod of her head. "And I would be honored to be your beta of Silver Creek." She told her, barely able to get her words out. She was truely honored to be put in this role and she vowed to herself she would always stand there for Spring.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Getting you all titled up.  :)

Spring heart seemed to mend a little at Laika's words.  It was lovely, just lovely to know that her friend was going to stand by her side at a time like this.  She felt like crying out her joy and gratitude to the world, but she kept that formalness in her posture, although her eyes filled with gratitude and relief.  "Thank you Laika.  Thank you so much."  Spring told her newly appointed Beta gratefully, the smallest of hopeful smiles falling upon her features.

Just then Spring remembered a task that she was going to be giving to Laika if she had accepted the position, and she had, so once again Spring adressed Laika.  "I have a mission for you now though, as Beta of Silver Creek.  It would be excellent if you could try to bring in new members into our ranks.  If you could Laika, I will be forever grateful as your friend... if you choose to accept this mission.  You would start tomorrow."  Spring told her Beta, hoping that once again Laika would accept, with all the hope that she could muster up.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Woohoo! XD

Laika smiled as Spring thanked her, but once again, she didn't need thanks. She told her of her first "mission" and she smiled with amusement, but also with seriousness. "Sure thing, Spring." She told her, tears slowly clearing up from her eyes, while others slid down her cheeks unbidden. Despite the rush of emotions, Laika felt oddly peaceful. She stood from her spot and nodded to Spring. "I shall begin tomorrow then." She wagged her tail, but she was still washed with sorrow from everything that had happened, and the wags were weak. It all happened so quickly, one after another. Just like the tragedies in her old pack. Could Spring keep Silver Creek standing with her help? Well, they just had to try.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Fade with your next next?

Spring was ever so grateful for her friend and as tears began to fall from her friend, Spring walked towards her and tried to give Laika a sort of wolfish embrace.  "Thank you so much Laika.  Thank you."  Spring thanked her friend again.  Feeling some of her own relief start to some of her own tears, but she blinked quickly to hide them, not wanting to cry in front of her friend.  She had to stay strong.

Spring finally took a step back after a while and stared at her newly appointed Beta with grattitude shinning in her eyes.  "That is excellent.  I wish you luck tomorrow Laika."  Spring told her trusted Beta and friend.  Then the Alpha turned around and began to walk away, a little more relief running sweetly through her.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Sure, we'll fade with my "next next" >:D  ^

Laika smiled as Spring embraced her and she gave a long, heaving sigh. She could tell that some of her stress had definitely been relieved after this conversation, and the silver female was glad she could help her in some way. She bid her goodbyes, deciding she had other duties to tend to before the day ended too. She turned and began to trot away, her new responsabilities beginning to flow through her brain. Could she do it? Yes, yes I can. I have to at least try. She thought silently to herself, a small smile resurfacing upon her delicate features.