Bramblepoint Debts to be paid
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
All Welcome 
@Pearl For my timeline, set before STM pack meeting

Steady had not forgotten the deal he had made with the Alpha of Broken Antler Fern. She had been gracious enough during the famine to allow him and two of his pack mates to hunt and eat with her and her pack. Steady had promised he would be in her debt, and now he planned to repay her. As he made his way between the two packs, he tried to think of what he might be able to offer her, but he just wasn't quite sure. Maybe she had a need of something he wasn't aware of, and he could decide after they started talking. 

He came upon Bramblepoint and skirted around the outside of it. He had quite a hike to Pear's pack, and he didn't want to make it rougher on himself by going through the middle of the thorny bushes. His nose caught a scent, and he was distracted. Following it, it seemed to skirt around, too, and then veer into the bushes. Steady sniffed around, hoping he would get lucky and find the little bugger. The scent wasn't too recent, but he would still look. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl had gone back up to where she and her packmates had originally fought and killed a bear, with hope that there other traces of prey. She avoided most of the brambles, preferring to not reopen her shoulder wounds. Still making her way around the edge, she came across the fresh scent of one of the Silvertip wolves that had helped in the hunt. Following it further, she found the big black coated man at the edge of the bushes. 

"Careful you don't cut yourself," she called to the man, wondering what he was doing all the way back here.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He stuck his head into a sizable hole, just large enough to fit it in. His nose continued to inhale the scents, his stomach rumbling at the thought of a meal. Unfortunately, Steady was simply too large to be able to fit through there to go after the creature. Just as he made that decision, a voice behind him caused him to jerked back, thankfully not snagging his fur in the thorns too badly. 

He turned to face the female, who happened to be the reason he was on this journey to begin with. He smiled, his tail wagging. Thank you, he said to her comment about his safety. Happy coincidence to see you here- I was just heading to your borders, he said. He was a little glad he may not have to go all the way there now, not wanting to leave his pack for too long. I wanted to see if there was anything I could do to repay you for your kindness during the bear hunt, he explained. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl had been wondering why Steady was all the way down here. She figured it was for the same reason she was, for any remantants of a meal. But apparently it was a good thing she had come farther up than normal. "Very convienent, then," she said, happy that he didn't have to travel more than he had to, especially in these conditions.

She was nevertheless suprised when he offered to repay her kindness from the hunt. It was only natural to her to share, and it was better if everyone was kept alive. She cocked her head slightly, trying to think of anything that he could possibly do. "I don't think there is anything needed, but I appreciate the gesture." she said, shrugging her shoulders. An idea then popped in her head. "Would you happen to know anything recent that has happened in Donnelaith?" she asked, wanting to know how her old pack was fairing.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He nodded, agreeing that it was convenient. But, it seemed that Pearl didn't need anything in return of her kind gesture toward him and his pack mates. Steady was about to disagree, when she mentioned another pack, asking if he knew of anything that had happened there. 

He took a moment to think, then shook his head side to side. I know they're close to us, by the shore, but I don't know of anything that's happened to them, he admitted. To be honest, I haven't left the pack lands very often before this famine, and I generally stick to the wolves I call family. His expression conveyed his regret that he couldn't help her with more information. Then, he had an idea. I could send a message for you, if you like, he offered.

534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl hadn't gotten her hopes too high, since she and her pack hadn't really left their lands often during the famine either. Well, except Ambrosia, and who knows how far she went. She gave a nod of understanding, careful not to convey much dissapointment. 

He offered to send a message, though, which immediately brightened her up. "Yeah, if you're willing, that would be great," she said, nodding again happily. "One of the leaders there, a white female named Aria. If you find her, could you tell her she's welcome to visit, and to pass it on?" 
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She seemed to instantly perk up at his offer, and he smiled, glad he could do something for her. He nodded quickly, Absolutely. I can make a quick stop home, and then go straight there, he said confidently. He would most likely take another pack mate, as going to another pack's borders may not be safe, even with a message from their friend.

Are they a friendly bunch? he asked. He knew not all packs welcomed strangers to their borders, and some would rather run them off immediately, no matter their business there. Steady wouldn't blame them, but he wanted to know what he might be getting in to.

534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl was happy not only because she could get a message to her old beloved pack, but that she was able to give Steady something to do. Truthfully, she couldn't have thought of anything else she and or pack possibly needed from them. As far as she knew, their packs were on good terms, which was more than enough for her.

"Yes, unless there's been a sudden change in leadership, they're a very friendly bunch. I doubt they've changed much. They won't harm you, if that's what you're asking. Thank you again," she said, giving the full statement. Lasher's pups were older and might not remember her all that well, along with inevitable newcomers. Other than that, Pearl was sure of an uneventful visit.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He was glad to hear that, last she knew, they were a friendly pack. He figure, like her, that unless there had been a leadership change, then all would be well. He knew there was always a chance of a new leader, as he took over STM. But, he would hope for the best, and plan for the worst. 

He smiled to her. No problem at all. After all, you helped my pack when you didn't have to. You could have run us off, he stated, knowing it was true. She would have had every right, and the wolves to back it up, to run him and his pack mates off. But, she hadn't. If there's nothing else you need, I can start heading back now, he offered, figuring the sooner he got the message to the pack, the better for her. 

534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl kindly smiled back at the dark male. "I know I didn't have to, but it was in everyone's best interest to eat." she said. It wasn't actually the reasoning behind her decision to let them in on the hunt, but it was best to keep that to herself.

"Nope, but thanks for taking the message. See you around!" she said, turning to head back. Maybe there would be some other tracks she could follow on the way back.