Firefly Glen Too Much Death, Too Much Destruction
Darkness exists to make light truly count
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Private 
For @Sebastian  Takes Place around Midnight after this thread.
Odette hadn't stopped making distance from Silvertip Mountain since her Mother's death.  Death had fuelled the pup to move away from Silvertip Mountain, that cruel place of death.  Odie didn't want to go back there.  Ever.  Everyone had eventually left her in a way.  Steady, not Uncle Steady, but just Steady had told her to eat her Mother.  Her Mother for crying out loud.  Didn't he get the point after Solemn's death?  Plus it seemed that it was wrong to cannablize.  Burrying seemed more reasonable.

With her quick departure, Odette had done a quick, sloppy search for her Brother yet had found no sign of Stoic. She feared for the worst.  Had her brother killed himself after seeing to much death?  Or had he run from his fears... just like her.  Odie felt weak and sick, from hunger of course, but mostly from running from her fears.  Still Odie couldn't make herself go back.  Plus, Odette had discovered that she was pretty much loss.  Which was great.  Just great.

The ground beneath her paws had turned uneven now and very squishy and now Odette found herself panting and walking slowly, the exhaustion finally truelly setting in.  She wanted to go home.  Not back to Silvertip Mountain of course, but back to true home.  Her family.  Her Father FitzDutiful, her Mother Zaria, her Solemn, her Adeline, her Stoic, her Krypton and her Steady.  She wnated her family back, not the jumble of a mess that it was know, but Odette wanted a true family.  A full family.  Yet in life there was always a plan B.

Odette slumped into a sitting position, beganing to cry and wail.  She missed her old life.  The good one of the before, but even Odie knew that she could not go back.  Death had already proven that multiple times.  Odette wished that death could feel her pain, whatever that thing was, but that thought just made her cry and wail even harder.  There had been too much death, too much destruction.  A body of water caught the pups eye and so she struggled towards it lapping up water as her tears slide into the water.  Her cries silenced by thirst.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was planning to visit Mason and his pack, maybe they could team up and do something together with this famine. If they would encounter big game then they might be willing to share it. Unknown to him it seemed that BAF wolves and STM wolves were getting along quite well. Pearl had shared with them before.

The large male traveled by night because it was cooler than during the day. With his lack of food he did not do well with the heat. Sebastian needed to drink a lot, especially with traveling and with this summer heat. There was also less shade now with the lack of canopies. Sebastian made his way forward, also on the look out for prey. It was like Ambrosia told him, nothing was out there.

Sebastian grew worried about other packs, Broken Antler Fen had a lot of water, which helped them survive. They even had fish they could eat from time to time, but mountain wolves? Sebastian decided to drink a by nearby stream when he heard some wails. Cries. Where those puppy cries? Sebastian's heart went out for the heartbroken sounds. He wanted to be a father badly, but nature had not been on his side yet. Sebastian lifted his muzzle, making drops fall back in to the stream. His ears listening as the sound silenced.

The grey male moved towards it with caution. After all he didn't want to deal with a raging mother. Sebastian was careful to place his paws down. Once he was close enough to watch what had been making the sounds he was surprised to see a 3 month old pup. The male instantly looked worried and confused. Sebastian was a large male like Steady was, though his brutish size had slimmed down into a slender form. Giving him a tall yet lean body. He let out a soft chuff to know that he was there on the other side of the stream. "Hi there," he greeted on a soft tone. "Are you lost?," he asked. Silver tip would have to wait for his visit.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
The sound of a voice made Odie spin around, eyes wide.  Normally she would have shrunken away fearfully, but Odie found that she just couldn't right now.  This was another living. breathing wolf.  Maybe he could help her.  He did seem freidnly enough after all... right?  The male was on the other side of the stream though, so at least that was kind of close to a barrier in case he tried anything... of course it was a very weak border.

Odette listened to the males question and greeting.  Was she lost?  Well... that qestion made the pup think for a minute.  She was lost in these news lands of course, but was she lost from where she started.  No.  Odie had tried to get to get away from Silvertip Mountain.  She was here on her own terms... sorta.  Death was the true factor here.

Odette took a few deep breaths to slowly stop her wailling and sobing to a few cries, so that she could speak.  "Hi."  Odette began softly, eyeing the ground nervously.  "I... I... I..."  Odette stumbled for words, another sob racking her body.  "I weft."  She finally whispered, in an unsure tone.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian decided to lay down so the pup wouldn't feel to threatened. The stream was small and his paws were half laying into the water. The pup slowly stopped sobbing and tried to tell what was wrong. She was so young. "You left?," he asked to be sure and then looked at her, her eyes down.

"You don't need to be scared of me. I promise I won't hurt you," he spoke to her. It sounded very much like what he had told to his shy sister. Yet, this pup didn't know him so he had to change that if he wanted to make her feel less afraid. "I'm Sebastian, but you can call me Seb okay?," he told her on a quiet tone, calm too.

The young male wondered where her mother was, or her father for that matter. She could be an orphan, so if he would ask about them it might set the wrong tone. Yet, if she did have a father or mother look out for her then it might be bad if he took her in. "Why did you leave? You smell like you have a family," he decided to say.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
The calmness of the the gray wolf's tone slowly helped calm Odie.  She listened quietly while the male spoke, asking her more questions, yet giving her his name, which Odette found rather helpful.  Odette didn't have to ponder Sebastian's questions for too long, because she already knew the answers through ever tramatic event in her life.

"My f-family is dead... I don know wah happened ta my Brother... Stoic."  Odette told Seb quietly, another sob following.  In her eyes it was true that her family was dead.  Of course not everyone who she considered her family was truly dead... they just seemed... gone to Odie.  Her Mother Zaria had died, her Father FitzDutiful had died, her brother Solemn had died, she had no idea what happened to Adeline, Steady tried to get her to eat some meat from her Mother,  most of the pack had cannibalized her Mother and no one had tried to bring her back from what Odie could understand.

"I'm Odette ah Odie."  The thin fluffy pup then told Seb quietly.  Then suddenly an idea sprung into the pups mind.  Maybe she could leave with Sebastian to escape Silvertip Mountain.  Maybe he even had a pack.  Now normally Odette would not so suddenly be accepting of someone else, but today was an exception, plus Seb was nice and Odie liked that about him.  "Da you haav a pack?"  She asked him quietly, a little bit of hope shinning in her eyes.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian watched the young pup that seemed to start talking more, though it was clear that she was very young. It shocked him to hear that her family was dead. It must have been the famine. How terrible. Sebastian instantly felt bad for her. The young male nodded slowly, trying to tell her that he understood. He wanted to hold her close and tell her that it was all alright.

"Well, Odette. I do have a pack, in fact. I am the alpha of Broken Antler Fen. We live south from here in the lowlands," he explained to her, his pale eyes on her, though not in a threatening way. The male pushed himself to his feet and crossed the stream so he could sit next to her and lick off some mud on her cheek. She had looked at him with such a hopeful glance that he could not even reject her. "Tell you what. How about you come with me to my pack. We don't have much food yet, but the greens are returning so I think more prey will show up soon. I have a mate called Pearl, she is really nice. Then you can come and live with us. Would you like that?," he offered her.

Sebastian normally might not offer her such a thing, because it could be terribly creepy but he believed her when she said that she lost her family, that she was all alone. He didn't want to say that he would be a her new dad, that might be disrespectful. But if she would see him like that later on he would not mind. "We have a big family pack. We all sleep together so you won't be alone again," he assured.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Blinded by her need to get away from Silvertip Mountain, Odette listened intensly to what Sebastian had to say.  Praying that he did have a pack so that he could possibly take her away.  When Seb finally announced that he did, one called Broken Antler Fen, Odette felt like melting with relief and fear.  Her fear intensified even more though when Sebastian pushed himself to his paws and crossed the stream to her side, proceeding to lick some mud off of her cheek.  Odette wanted to pull away from the touch, but something in her just couldn't do it.  The touch was a little comforting, despite the creepiness that some wolf that she had just met was doing it.

Odie then listened as Seb contiuned to on to ask her if she wanted to join his pack.  Yes.  Her foolish heart told her.  It would be better than going back to Silvertip after all Odette quickly told herself silently.  Any place seemed better than Silvertip Mountain right now though... Odette also assumed that it would just be kinda nice to start a new life.  He also said that Broken Antler Fen was like a big family and that they all slept together.  Sounded... nice.

"I wan ta go wit you Seb."  Odette told the blue eyed grey male in a quiet voice.  "No mo dannnger der dough, right?"  She quickly asked him after her statement of going with them, escept this time Odie's voice was much more demanding on wanting to know whether or not the place they were going to would be dangerous or not... dangerous with death like Silvertip.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian watched the pup and smiled when she spoke about going with him. Sebastian nodded. "I don't know what to say to gain your trust, but I promise to keep you from danger. I intend to protect you from it. Like a father would," he explained. Though her perspective on parents might be different because they both died.

The male nudged her in a friendly matter. "This way, follow me," he spoke. It was still a bit walking though but the large male made sure to keep a pup-friendly pace. He knew that if he would take one step Odette might have to take three or more. Sebastian's tail was up. He wondered what Pearl was going to think, or the others. They would accept her. He was certain.

"We have a clearing in the woods, called the Cove, and there is where we all sleep, usually one big pile. Though you can sleep between me and my mate if that makes you feel more safe. Her name is Pearl and she is really nice. I think you will like her," he explained a bit to her, so she would know what to expect. Sometimes coming into a new pack could be scary. Maybe Odette could help with Aviana, pups were innocent, and maybe that would help her relax.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
As Odette listened to Sebastian contiune on about Broken Antler Fen and plans for the future.  Although she was most surprised and curious when Seb told her that he would protect her like a Father would.  Odie didn't know what that really meant since she could not remember her Father.  All she knew were a few facts about him, his highs, his lows and that his name had been FitzDutiful or Fitz for short.  Then the pup listened to the rest silently.

When Sebastian finally finished speaking true realization of the situation began to sink into Odette.  She realized that now she was leaving Silvertip Mountain.  For real.  She also realized that she was probably never going back, at least not willingly at this point in time.  Though maybe one day Odie would learn to forgive... who really knew though.  The events at Silvertip Mountain had scarred Odie.  Scarred Odie probably for life.  So with a deep breath Odette let that place go for the moment, ready to follow a new leader and become part of a new family at the place called Broken Antler Fen.

"Lead da way."  Odette whispered quietly, then got ready for the grey and blue eyed male to take her to the destanation of her new beginning.  Her new adventure in life that would all start at Broken Antler Fen.  Maybe this way she could have a fuller family.  Still Odette was bound to have nightmares about the events at Silvertip.  Maybe even night terrors.  Still Odie felt that it would be better this way, away from the mountain.  Hopefully for good.