Silvertip Mountain A bad system can destroy good people
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
All Welcome 
@Krypton

What had he done? Everything was falling apart, and the Alpha knew it was no one's doing but his own. Odette and Stoic were nowhere to be found. Steady hadn't even seen Stoic during the pack meeting, but Odette had been there, at least before he placed the meat of her dead mother before her and ordered her to eat it. She had run off then, and Steady had been glued to his spot, dumbfounded. In his heart, he knew he had only been trying to keep them alive, but in his head, he cursed himself, berated himself for acting so morbidly. He just hadn't known what else to do. His family was dying left and right, and he had grasped at anything to make it stop. 

His heart physically ached, for he knew the absence of the pups, and the wolves that he felt were sure to leave, him was his fault. He wouldn't blame them. He stood over his brother's grave, staring at it, silently begging for FitzDutiful to come back. His brother would have known what to do, would have known how to make this right. A sob slipped from his throat and his body dropped to the ground. Brother, please, he begged. Help me. He had no idea if Fitz could hear him or not, but he pleaded anyway. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
She knew very well how everyone was taking the fall of Zaria. The pups were scarred and ran off, the pack members were all guilty, and steady was the whole reason of it. But he wanted everyone to survive, and he was doing his job. Krypton felt bad for him, and decided to go and try to comfort him as much as she could.

she took a little longer than expected to find steady, but at least found him in one piece. She walked over, settling down next to him. She first lay her head across the top of his neck and shoulders, hoping to reassure steady that she was still here, and still ready to help with anything.

"you did nothing wrong" she whispered, soon moving her head and setting it on the ground next to Steady. "You did what you had to do steady, you are not at fault."
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Logically, Steady knew his brother as not coming back, but it didn't stop him from voicing his need of him. He was at a loss of what to do to pull the pack back together. Honestly, he was sure it was even what they wanted after what he did. Did they still want him as their leader? 

Pawsteps reached his ears, but he did not rise. Krypton's scent flooded his nose as she laid next to him, lending him her comfort. She heard his words, but his heart didn't believe her. Isn't it though? he asked of his fault. I'm the one who chose... No, I ordered the mutilation of her body by the pack... In front of her own children. They had ran, and he expected they went as far as their legs would take them. All the time he had spent with Odette, he thought she trusted him enough to give him the benefit of the doubt that he had her best interests at heart. But, she was still young, and he didn't think she understood just how dire things had gotten, even after seeing her brother starve to death. 

But, Steady knew better. These were drastic times, and he had taken a drastic measure to try and keep them all alive. Should he have let them die? Would others forgive him for that, but not for trying to keep them alive? Zaria would have been dead either way, and he knew for a fact she would have done the same as he did. Why, then, did he feel so horrible?
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
He was right, he did order them to feast upon the fallen body of their own, but he did it for the good of the rest of the wolves that were alive. Zaria's body provided them essential nutrients to keep living. Her children, the last of her and Fitz, needed to survive. Survive for them, live on for them, be the new faces of Silvertip. But for now, they were spread about in fear, scared about what had happened to their mommy. Krypton looked at her alpha with saddened eyes but did her best to comfort him.

"Steady," she said softly, hoping to catch his attention. "You ordered us to eat Zaria for a reason. That reason was to survive and keep Silvertip prosperous. You did what was needed and said what no one could say," the gamma spoke to the darkened man, hoping to ease the pain. The turmoil within the mountain pack was outrageous, but could be set under control. It would just take time and, hopefully, the children would return during that time period. "She would have wanted it that way, she wanted her children to live on, even if it meant using her own body as food."

Zaria made the ultimate sacrifice for her children and was a dutiful mother. Krypton was honored to have lived with the courageous girl- no, woman. Zaria was no mere yearling, she was something much more than just that. She had a drive, a drive to take care of those around here no matter what. 

Krypton gave Steady a sad smile. "She was braver than any of us," she said softly, almost whispering it into her front paws. "And you did what she would have wanted, do not beat yourself up because of this."
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He listened quietly as she spoke, taking in her words. She understood exactly why he had done what he did, and he didn't even have to explain it to her. She seemed to sympathize with what he was going through, and more than that, she didn't hate him for doing what he had do. He could only hope the pups, if they didn't come back, found someplace safe to grow up and came to understand the reason for his actions. Maybe they would hate him a little less.

He knew for a fact Zaria would agree with him, as she had tried to get Odette and Stoic to eat Solemn after he passed. He had told the then-Alpha that it wasn't a lesson they should learn that day, but now he second-guessed himself. If they had learned that lesson then, maybe they wouldn't be gone now.

He pushed the thoughts aside, knowing he was digging himself deeper into a pit he would never get himself out of if he didn't do something soon. He looked to Krypton, studying her for a moment. He really couldn't respond to what she had said without getting emotional, but listening to her did make him realize something else. You've been here for longer than I can remember, he said softly. You've never wavered in your loyalty to Fitz, Zaria, or me, he added. He shifted, facing her directly. I'm not so prideful that I can't admit when I need help... And I need help. Will you be my Beta, Krypton? If she said no, if she had no desires to be a leader, he would understand and do this the best he could with no Beta, since there was no one else he would ask. But, he knew he could do it better with her.

545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Krypton looked to Steady calmly, happy to know her words healed his hidden wounds. That task was taken care of, so Krypton believed it was best to depart and leave Steady to his brother's final resting place. However, he stopped her with new sentences, catching her attention quickly. He spoke about her loyalty to Silvertip, never once washing away. She smiled wider, happy to know her loyalty was being recognized, but the question that arose made her wonder. Was Krypton ready to become the Beta wolf for this mountain pack? She had been one in the past, but it went down in flames.

Yet, her sister wasn't here to sabotage anything. The brutish girl had her doubts but shook them off like pesky bugs. She looked at Steady and nodded her head. "It would be my honor to be your Beta Steady." She returned to him, her smile turning into a full grin. It wasn't the promotion she was after, nor power, but instead knowing she was trusted with her family fully.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Your new ava is hypnotizingly beautiful!

She had made his heart feel a little lighter, and for that he would be forever grateful. He knew he could always count on Krypton, both for himself and for the rest of their family. Which is why he could only see her as his Beta. She was last of the pack as he'd known it before death began to claim them, but she was strong enough to stick by them instead of seeking out better opportunities. The other wolves, while he knew they were loyal, had not had the time to prove that yet. 

He smiled, finally, when she accepted his offer. The honor is mine, I assure you, he said confidently. To be honest, he had felt alone up at the top, being the only leader, even though their pack was thriving with members. Knowing Krypton was there took a little weight off of his shoulders, and he would be forever grateful to her.

He lifted his muzzle to the sky, announcing Krypton's promotion to Beta of Silvertip Mountain.

545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Thank you! I saw everyone getting new avatars, so I was like 'welp, time for another one' XD Steady's looks amazing as well, you're always able to find avatars that match him perfectly!

His responce made her feel proud to be apart of Silvertip, her tail wagging quickly in excitement. Her once glossy eyes were uncovered, gleaming with undying happiness and pride. Steady soon let out a howl, announcing Krypton's big promotion. She yipped lightly, almost as if it was a squeal in excitement.

Once mroe, she dipped her head towards him once his song ended. "I will forever stay loyal to this family, I promise you that, Steady." Krypton looked towards the dark alpha, noticng how much he changed. Either it was his position or just his attitude of guiding the pack, both made him really come off as a mature wolf.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Thank you ^_^

She pledge her loyalty to him, but he knew from her actions over these past months that she would do that, without her having to say it. Still, he acknowledge what she said. I really do appreciate that, Krypton. You've been a great friend. I don't know what I'd do without your support, he said, a soft smile upon his maw. 

He hoped the other wolves could take a page out of her book. Through the easy times, and the tough, she had never faltered in her duties. He knew other wolves would come and go, it was the nature of the things. But, it was nice to have at least one he could always count on being there.

545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
With his words of kindness washing over her like the bright rays of sun, Krypton felt herself become proud. She was proud to hold the title of being the beta of Silvertip since Silvertip meant so much to her. It was her first and only pack to let her in. She grew to love each and every member, becoming close friends and attatched. But with great love came great pain. Her blessings were cursed with death and loss, wars and wounds filled with bloodshed.

But it was worth it.

Krypton heaved herself up, dipping her head once more in respect and thanks before setting off to patrol the borders. Though her mind was still a bit fuzzy about what had just happened, Krypton knew that she was another wolf that would leave its' mark on the mountain.

((last from me! Thanks for the promotion!))