Boartusk Heights Friend or Foe, you decide
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Private 
@Aeronwyn @Burke Set at the foot of the mountains. Dated a little later, probably, frick timelines. @Pyro and @Vassago for visibility 

They traveled further and further, but in the end; they had to rest. Malice was too tired to go on, and the cries of Pyro and Vassago said enough: They were hungry. She was quite hungry too, and so Burke had decided to go hunting while Malice rested at the foot of the mountain, protectively laying around her children. And so she waited there; staring into the distance, the towering mountains behind her that they were supposed to climb over.

Short because little time aahhh
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Aeronwyn didn't know, exactly, why she had followed the trail.
Perhaps it was because she didn't quite trust the arrogant yearling and the vengeful woman to run a pack. Maybe it was because she had admired the stone coloured male. She didn't know what had driven her yet, but something had. So she had stepped over the scent line, perhaps for the last time, and followed the trail at a lope. Night had fallen when she had begun her journey, now the sun shone once more. 

The wraith did regret never discovering the secrets of the forest. The shadows she had never investigated, the people she hadn't met, the places she had never explored. However, there were bound to be more places like it, she reasoned, and so she trudged on. It was as she neared the end of her journey that she thought she ought to hunt, as her visit may seem hostile. So the wraith trample around the mountainside, a half hour later a shining trout gleamed in her jaws, body limp as it cooled.

The dark woman soon became apperant, her pups around her. Aeronwyn knew to not approach to closely, as a mother who thought her pups were in danger could become like a raging tornado. And so she approached, but stopped a distance away, watching the tiny squirming pups a moment before looking at the woman. 

She chuffed in neutral greeting, waiting to see how her presence would be treated. She didn't see Burke anywhere, however, though his scent lingered. She took a single step forward, gleaming peace offering growing ridgid in her maw. Scales coated her muzzle, and she yearned to clean them off, but for now she stood perfectly still.
facilis descensus averno
A Journey Only Just Begun
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Vassago, though who could now see and stumble around, was unsure why they had left the den that smelled like them. He was quiet for most of their journey, falling in and out of sleep every few hours. Finally, he felt the rumble that told him his belly needed food, and Vassago was not a soul to keep quiet about what he wanted. They started as little whines, but eventually rose to howls and squirming. He won, his mother laying down and curling around both him and his brother to let them eat. The paler boy was a little easier on his brother, if only because he now had the ability to see and avoid him. Vass didn't even notice the white woman coming closer, didn't care, as he settled himself into nursing. 

Please, go ahead and skip Vassago xD Ill post when something happens, his reactions and all that, but theres little point posting each round with a little potato :x
Follow The Tracks I Lost Long Ago

Life has a beautiful, crazy design
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Again, just a cameo... Like RM says, you can totally skip me because I have zero impact in the thread lmao

He did not like at all what was happening. Back in the cave he had all the warmth and food he wanted, and he could sleep when he wanted, and he was at peace concealed by shadows. Now none of those things were the same. He was in plain daylight, which hurt his still blurry eyes, and he could only eat when mom decided he could eat, which was pretty sporadic and only after long sessions of uncomfortable riding. At least he did not have to deal with Vasaggo as much now, which was always good. That little monster was a pain in the ass!
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Her belly rumbled and she wondered when Burke would be back with food. Of course, she didn't want to rush the older male, but she couldn't stop her body from being hungry with that, now could she? She had drunken as much as she could to prevent her going hungry sooner, but that didn't help for long. Yes, it gave a sort of full feeling, but nothing compared to some sweet bloody meal. She looked at her children, both their eyes open, taking in this new world of light. Of course, the two would have no idea what was happening, which was good. Traveling while they were so young was way easier and better for their young minds.

But soon, the scent of Blackfeather entered her nose, and her hackles raised. She was alone with her pups, she was defenseless. She let out a low growl, despite her calm nature and the fact the white female was far away. Get away! She barked. She didn't know the female, but anyone with the scent of the Brotherhood on their fur (though faint) was a threat now. She barked for Burke, her only hope in this situation.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
The dark woman seemed to panic, and called for Burke. An angry father was not the kind of person she wished to deal with, and she gave a frustrated sigh. She dropped the fish, and it fell with smack at her paws. She looked at the female wryly, eyes for a second landing on her pups. "If my intent were to harm you, you would already be dead" It was true. A tired mother was no match for her, though perhaps Aeronwyn did not understand the full extent a mother would go for her pups.

She smacked the fish with her paw, it scoffed against the rock and landed a meter from the female. Taking a moment to feel pride in her aim, she sat unthreateningly. Her ears flicked toward the female. "They are not fit to lead. They are brash, arrogant. I offer my  assistance to you and Burke. He, at least, seemed reasonable." It was quite clear who she meant by they, she did not have to voice their names. Though their personalities were admirable, they were simply not fit for leadership. She sat in silence, steel orbs on the female and hoping that Burke didn't show up and lunge for her throat. Of course, the pack would be angry, but she did not know if they would lead a hunt. Would it be worth it to find an old leader, his pups, and a woman? She doubted it, but rage could propel you.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Only now did she notice the sparkling fish in the white female's maw as it dropped to the ground. Her stomach did a backflip and made a loud rumbling sound. Maybe you like your victims sugared before you eat them... Malice fired back in a bit cooler voice. I mean, how could Malice trust her? Sure, she had not been with the group at the horrible day the pups were born, but still she was of the Brotherhood. Or, was she?

Malice flinched at the sudden movement the fish and her paw made, and her hackles raised as it came closer to her. Surely it was poisoned, too. Malice, despite her hunger, ignored the meal that was now so close to her. She could not smell any herbs, but just because one couldn't smell it, didn't mean it wasn't there. Veritas had told her even the pits of an apple were poisonous, and they did not smell, like, at all. But the woman's next words made her reconsider. She had left the Brotherhood for an old man, a bitchy mother and two adorable brats? 

He was the most reasonable man in the Brotherhood, and they kicked him out without mercy. They locked me and my pups in a den for weeks to either get fed or die. They are the most disgusting beings I have ever met, all except Cicero, and still you were one of them. Malice preached. How can we trust you, if you have once been part of a pack that has pained Burke and me so much?
~Adopt Avalon!~

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Aeronwyn listened to the woman's words unflinchingly. She did not touch the fish, that proved she wasn't dull, than. Had the woman immidietly eaten the meal offered to her by an assassin, Aeronwyn doubted that she would survive long. She obviously didn't trust Aeronwyn yet, which was expected but annoying. Aeronwyn herself wasn't sure exactly why she had come out here. "I can not deny that I was part of the Dark Brotherhood, nor can I deny that darkness and death does not phase me. However, my loyalties are not with them. Burke seemed the most sensible, level-headed, most fit to lead. And yet they scorned him and rebelled against him, and did you an injustice by holding you a prisonner."

She paused a moment, tail lashing beore she continued. "Do not forget I made the decision to come after you on my own free will. The Dark Brotherhood does not dictate my actions, and though they showed promise they have not yet won my loyalty. I have not lingered long in the Brotherhood, the scent of the dark forest fades quickly from my pelt." 
Short post, sorry!
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke had been out hunting, he could not focus well with the thought that Malice was alone with her young out in the open. Yet, the male managed to catch a pathetic and dying rabbit. It was a scrawny little thing. Burke was not entirely pleased by it but it meant that Malice at least would have some food.

When he was returning Burke was surprised to hear voices. He creeped closer and saw the pale female from the Dark Brotherhood stand there. The female he had not been so nice too. Burke's heart skipped a bit. That almost felt like he had a bit of a heart attack. The male charged forward though she was lucky that he was holding a rabbit.

He did not attack immediately, after all it seemed they were just talking. Burke looked very suspicious. Yet then he saw the fish before Malice, letting the rabbit fall next to it. His docked tail up and his stance protective. His pale eyes looked troubled for a moment, uncertain if she was to be trusted. "So you will follow us then?," he asked, not one to trust easily.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Good. Malice replied to the first part of the woman's ramble. Malice was skeptical about the death and darkness she was talking about, for she never would go back to her feral state. Yes, she still worshiped Satan deep down, but that was because it had been carved into her design. Never would she undo what had been done to her, she would only learn from it. The least she could do for her father was to keep his beliefs and that of the Lucifer Peak pack.

A lingering kept a close look on the fish, looking for any green or odd things, but she could find none. Perhaps this lady was telling the truth, but Mal, after all the liars and cheaters she had gone through, didn't quite trust it yet. She raised an eyebrow, silently asking; "Is this poisoned?" One after another, the Dark Brotherhood will die out with Damien as it's new leader and the reckless Nemesis as his co-alpha. I think you have made a wise decision not to stick around there, they're mental. Malice spoke softly. 

Not long after the sentences had left her lips Burke came into view again, and Malice chipped happily. He was carrying something consumable, which was the only thing she needed right now. Perhaps, soon, she could go hunt for herself again. a questioning look was cast upon the two wolves, afraid to interrupt. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
It did not take long for the charcoal male to charge into the scene, a rabbit limp in his jaws. Aeronwyn felt relief at the woman's seeming acceptance at her statement, though the arrival of Burke had her tense. Would he tear out her throat? But he stopped, which Aeronwyn thanked. She had been right to trust in the level-headed male, for he was reasonable. He asked her a question, and she flattened her ears against her skull and dipped her head. It was simple, her answer, and she did not hesitate to deliver it. "I will follow you, Burke, and you, Malice."

Aeronwyn remained silent, but after a moment raised her head in the slightest. She knew not to speak now, for she waited Burke's judgement on her promise to follow them.
A Journey Only Just Begun
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Belly full of warm, sweet milk, Vassago decided now was the time to practice his walking. Teetering away from Malice, the puppy noticed the silvery form of Aerowyn from a distance, though she was too far to make out clearly. Well, why not kill two birds with one stone, and practice his walking to see the stranger? He didn't, of course, realize this was a bad idea, or that Burke would likely scoop him back up if Malice herself didn't. Vass couldn't hear all that great yet, but one way or another no words could pierce him just yet: he simply didn't understand yet, was too young for vocal language.
Follow The Tracks I Lost Long Ago

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was not easy with others in trust, but if the female was really honest or not he would only find out to be close to her. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The male gave a firm nod towards the female. "Alright," he returned to the pale female. She might come in handy with hunting, maybe they could catch more now she was around.

Burke faintly heard her words and was pleased to hear them. The male sat down too. "Soon we will leave for the mountains. Be ready," he spoke to the both of them. Burke had accepted her for now but he was keeping an eye on the female. It would take awhile before he would even faintly trust her.

The end!
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist