Broken Antler Fen Instead of a meal I adopted a kid
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
I couldn't help but post a private meeting for @Odette's new mommy @Pearl! Reply when you have time! <3

Sebastian was kind of getting a bit nervous as they came closer. He adopted a child, instead of bringing home a meal. The male approached their border and then crossed it. He howled for his mate. He had missed her, yet he also had big news for her. What he didn't know was that he had missed his father in the process. Not that the male minded too much.

The larger male nudged Odette in a friendly matter. "Well this is it! Soon the greenery will return and it will be beautiful. Lots of water to play in and catch fish," he hummed. Hopefully she liked water, otherwise she would have a bit of a problem. Sebastian hoped that the meeting would go smoothly, though he had the feeling it would. Pearl was so caring and loving. How could she say no to this little face? Still Sebastian stood protectively by Odette.
Darkness exists to make light truly count
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Odette was very tired by the time that she and Sebastian reached Broken Antler Fen.  Never in her life had the pup gone this far.  So as soon as Sebastian howled and then gave her a friendly nudge, after crossing the border, soon beginning to talk again.  Odie felt like she might just collaspe on spot.  Still through sheer will and determination Odette managed to stay on her paws.

When Sebastian mention playing in water Odette had a quick flash back from Silvertip Mountain.  The time when her Mother, Adeline, Stoic and herself had played in the water while Solemn stayed in the den probably uninterested with what was going on... or maybe he was just suffering from hunger pains.  Odette whinnied at the thought, sadness overtaking her.  Her tail drooped a little.  "Playing in woter... sunds fun."  She mumured half heartedly.

534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl jerked her head upwards from her paws, hearing the call of her mate roll through the fens. It wasn't too often he called for her, but this one was right after a scouting trip, so it must be important. She got to her feet, eagerly awaiting to hear the news and embrace Sebastian.

Yet again at the borders, the eyebrows still held surprises. Not too far from Seb she could see a smaller figure, and nearing there, her eyesight proved true, revealing a small pup. What on earth was he doing with a pup? And why bring the poor thing here? 

"Hey Seb, whatcha got there?" She said, wolfishly hugging him and licking his cheek.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked down at the young pup that didn't make it very clear to him if she liked water or not. The male walked a bit more into the territory as Pearl came closer. His tail wagged so fast it was quite adorable.

"Pearl!" he greeted happily and licked her cheek back. The male stepped a bit back and turned to Odette. "Well I was planning on going to Silvertip, to visit Mason, as I told you. But while I was going there I found Odette. She doesn't have a home anymore," he explained to his mate and casted his pale eyes at her.

"Odette, this is Pearl my mate. She leads this pack with me. Pearl, this is Odette," he introduced one to the other. The male quirked up his lips a bit. Sebastian wanted to be a father quite badly. He couldn't wait till they were able to have children of themselves. Yet in the meanwhile they might be able to offer refuge to this little one and have their way with some form of parenting.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
When the white wolf appeared Odette had a flash back into the past.  It was a very smudged memory, so everything was blurry around her.  There was a pale colored wolf, just like the female, but this one was by a brown wolf.  The pale colored blurred wolf smiled at the brown furred wolf - her mother? - then he was gone quick as that and left.  Maybe more happened, but Odette was not paying attention to that much.  She couldn't move to stop him, she was rooted in place.  Who are you?  What is this?  Why can't I remember you?  Odette wanted to call out.

Suddenly she was jolted back into reality when she heard the word.  Silvertip.  Odette's world just seemed to freeze.  Sebastian knew the Silvertip wolves.  The group of cannibals.  Although Odie knew that at least one wolf in Silvertip might be good, she didn't believe in that place anymore.  She doubted that she ever would again.  Although she was surprised that Seb said he was going to visit Mason.  Her half-brother.  Mason hd eben gone a while since after his sister died.  Odette frowned for a bit, confused.  Did Sebastian not know this?

When she was introduced to the white wolf named Pearl, who happened to lead with Sebastian and also was by his side as his mate, Odette looked nervously up at Pearl.  "Hi."  She whispered nervously.  Then her head whipped around to face Sebastian.  "Don't go to Silvertip.  They are cannibals.  I am from there.  I ran away..." Odette gave a sob, "I know I said that my family is dead and they are, except my brother Stoic and I suppose my sister Adeline.  The rest of Silvertip Mountain is dead to me.  Almost all of them cannibalized my Mother.  Including..." Odie whimper, releasing five sad sobs, "including my uncle, Steady and so many more that I trusted."  Odette cried out and then began to sob, harsh sad sounds, feeling very depressed and sad all the while.  There had been so much death, to much death and so many, too many horrible memories to accompany it.  "I... n-never ever... w-w-wan ta go... b-back... dere."  Odette finished in a whisper, contiuning to sob as she spoke and after.

534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl nodded to Seb, her eyebrows furrowed with concern. If the pup didn't have a home anymore, she'd be glad to offer one to her here. She looked at the pup as she began warning them of Silvertip, which was confusing at first, then became apparent as it was revealed that they had stooped to cannibalism. And for them to tell her about it? Or had they been so careless to eat her mother in front of her? She really couldn't picture Steady doing that to a pup, but then again she had only met him twice. 

Instantly Pearl was by Odette's side, licking her face tenderly. "No no no, don't worry, you're safe with us here. We won't make you go back. It's alright." she said, casting a worried glance to Sebastian. "Do you think Mason knew?" she asked her mate. Going off of what Seb had told her about him, Mason would've never consented to let this happen.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
The story was tough to hear for Sebastian. He didn't know that Silvertip was that kind of pack. He knew Mason well, and he didn't seem like the guy to allow that to happen. Yet the girl had told him that she had been left by anyone. Maybe the death was a lot to take on Mason, and if the famine was that bad on the mountain..... Maybe they would have resulted to that way of living if they didn't have the fen.

"Don't worry, Odette. You are going to stay with us and we will do no such thing," he assured her after Pearl was licking her. Sebastian looked at the female and winced a bit. "Living in the mountains is tough even with plenty of food. Deer live in the valley right? I am not condoning it but, well, they don't have our lands," he spoke. "Though it is curious. Very curious." He would visit Steady later, ask about the whole ordeal himself, and well, to tell Odette was safe with him. "Come Odie, We will show you your new home!"
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
As soon as Pearl was by her side, licking her face tenderly, Odette thought of her Mother.  Would Zaria have assured her this way?  Would her Mother have agreed with her choices?  What about her Father?  She hoped so. The feeling was comforting and for some odd Odette felt all the more safe as Pearl did this.  Then the gorgeous white female began to speak and Odie listened, after heaving another sob of loss.

What Pearl said contiuned to comfort Odette, but when she asked Seb if Mason knew, Odie was about to tell her that Mason had left.  That he was gone.  Gone, gone, gone.  Yet before she as able to say anything, Seb began to speak.  He assured her too that she would be better off here, that this pack was not like Silvertip.  Although she soon found herself zoning out as Sebastian began to speak to Pearl.  The subject of Mason enetering her mind once more.  Was it right to tell them?  For a moment Odette ws tempted, but then decided against it for now when Seb began to speak agin, telling her that it was time to show her her new home.  "Okay."  Odette whispered quietly.  Then the timid girl began to get mentally prepared to meet her new family as she eyed land of Broken Antler Fen that lay before her.