Hushed Willows If I ever get out of here, everything will be different.
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
All Welcome 
Stark was stewing more. It happened sometimes, thoughts coming up obsessive, considering the best course of action. Since the evening he'd spent with Octavia he had found his sister and his thoughts flipped between the two women frequently. His thoughts towards Banner were pure, but, he flipped on if it was smart or not to introduce Banner and Octavia. The two would have plenty to talk about - and he'd be the main focus of discussion without a doubt. 

Stark shook his coat out, tail twitching behind him. He made a little sound as he did so, the motion ebbing into a full body stretch. He'd been taking it slow considering the heat was already becoming so heavy. He hated the heat, but, he hated not working. Stark headed towards the crook, seeing if anyone was about to perhaps give him a distraction. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
The summer would be a hot one, and she was already feeling intensely lazy from it. Sleeping inside of the Crook was a boon when the pack was smaller, but now that they had almost doubled in size, the cavern was oddly warm, and the drone of constant activity (either from slumbering beasts or their wandering paws) had Tavi itching for an escape. Perhaps that was why she, with a sluggish gait and a sleepy look upon her face, slipped out from the Crook without any mention to anyone, and went for a wander.

Or a hunt. It was more like a hunt. Except her attention was not directed at the starlings which had begun to reappear among the tree branches, or the tiny signs of green that had begun to spread across the grotto; she sought a body, and that body came in to view within a few minutes of her randomly selected path. When Tavi caught the dark face of Stark within her eyes, she grinned to him, and her languid steps became more fervent. As she approached, she nudged his cheek with her nose.

Hey, she intoned sweetly, and then began to nibble at his jaw, only hesitating when she heard something behind her crack, as if someone might see her being awfully affectionate towards her friend. I was looking for you.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
It seemed if he thought hard enough things just happened, Octavia appearing before him and Stark offered a bright smile. The corners of his eyes even crinkled a bit and the dark male nuzzled against her for a moment before they both looked back, expecting to have been found. "That so?"  Stark crooned, smiling gently at her once he was assured of their solitude. "How lucky for you I decided to wander back this way." Stark offered. 

His tail swayed behind him pleasantly, and a brief but welcome breeze drifted across them to offer some relief. It was needed, and he wished that there was more space on the Crook to help keep them all cool too. "What's on the agenda today, lovely?" Stark asked, looking the silver female over with an easy smile. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Lets go somewhere. A trip, maybe. Somewhere close but away. She answered without missing a beat. Her voice was a low croon, trying to remain quiet in case someone was watching them, but excited by his presence. Tavi didn't know how she really felt about Stark; it was like having Ukko back, but with a honeymoon phase. Having a best friend again was of great importance to her, and this time she wouldn't mess it up. At the same time, Stark made her want to do things, things she'd only ever done with Reek, and this time nobody could stop her. Perhaps she was a little bit drunk on that aspect of this relationship, or whatever it was. Tavi could control every little thing about this, whatever it was. Nobody could drive her out for her actions.

She nuzzled close to him, preening at the fur of his neck and nosing at his throat, down from his jaw and then back up again. There, she hummed softly, and pulled back enough so she could talk through the darkness of his pelt. I can get someone to look after Tam for a few days. He's doing well now, and with the plants returning... I think Trick could care for him. He offered. She nibbled at his jaw and her mouth found its way up to his nearby ear, and the base of it became her new toy. Hmm? You wanna?
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
To say that Stark was surprised was a bit of an understatement. He was all but melting into her touches, smiling gently at the notion of going somewhere with her. He'd like that, certainly, but he didn't know if right then was the best time. "Gonna sneak off for a bit?"  He murmured in response, dark nose burying into the soft fur behind her ear, teeth teasing the fur right there as he pulled back a bit to look at her. "Trick?" Stark repeated, not considering the male as the first candidate for watching  over Tambourine. 

"What about Harlyn?" Stark suggested. It would be the more logical choice for the dark male - the other mother and leader had experience with children. She was also loyal to Octavia and Stark was certain of that. He didn't know about the rest of the pack. Well, save for Nova Rose. He knew she hated Octavia unjustly. "Hmm...There's... Another option. I found my sister. Banner. She and I are closer than I am with Captain. I could see if she's ready to settle down, I know she'd protect him." 

Because as strong as Stark was, Banner had him beat, and anyone foolish enough to cross her would be in for a world of hurt. He licked Octavia's cheek, making a quiet little sound. "I want you two to meet... It's... Important to me."  Not just as his sister and Alpha, but as the two most important women in his life. 
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
The mention of her partner in Alphaship made her pause, because quite honestly, she had forgotten all about her. Things had begun to slip from her mind lately, but Octavia assumed it was because of all the pressure being placed upon her by everything. Thus, the vacation. She nodded as she accepted his next flow of words, but looked off to the side, at the tree branches that hung all around, drifting.

Right, right, all good choices. Harlyn would be busy managing the group while we're gone - but she was cut off mid-thought as he mentioned his sisters. Plural. How many family members did this guy have? Was he the only guy, surrounded by a gaggle of (oddly masculine) women? Tavi smiled as she thought of the quiet protector, Captain, and listened as Stark spoke of this other sibling, Banner. Odd names sure did run in his family.

Then, as he got more pointed and thoughtful, she looked at him. Really looked. An expression that resembled amusement tinged with concern (if only slight) passed across her features. You sound nervous. That isn't like you. Which was true. She hadn't known Stark to be so coy. Are you afraid of how she'll react to me, or the other way around?

Before he could answer that, Tavi drew in a deep breath, and smiled again. I'm sure Captain would be around to keep everyone safe. If you'd be more comfortable having Banner here too, I'd be down to meet her, and we'll see. If you trust her, then I trust her. At this point Tavi would say anything to get the conversation over and done with. She wanted her vacation. Maybe they'd head to the beach and she could relax by the sea, with Stark waving a palm frond at her through the day, and then their nights could be filled with all kinds of mischief together.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
He was a bit nervous. When it came to the two women Stark would feel quickly outnumbered, but beyond that, he actually cared what they thought of one another. Without trying to label things (because that was TOO too real for him) he did actually care for how they felt about him, and the others, about involvement. All of it. He swallowed thickly, canting his head to the side. "When we come home, I'll go get her then."  Stark offered with a little smile. 

Harlyn might barely notice another puppy, and Tambourine might enjoy bring around the others too - maybe it could all work out. Maybe he'd be able to make it work for the sake of all of them. "So we'll escape for a little bit. I'll catch us something for dinner, we can just enjoy things for a moment. Take a breather. You deserve it."  Stark, in his always utterly humble opinion, thought she had been doing enough. 

"I can fill you in about my family too. Some of the reasons - okay, most of the reasons - I was on my own in the first place. Wouldn't trade it though. Found you, didn't I?" He said with a little grin. "Come on, your majesty. You have a harem boy who should be properly worshiping you."  
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Hmmm. I suppose this should happen before the pack meeting, then they can do the vacation after that.

Good. Everything was falling in to place and Tavi was getting precisely what she wanted. She resumed grooming at his scruff as they began to walk towards the Crook again, although she eventually stopped doing that the closer they got to the cave opening. Finding Harlyn would be easy enough, and she could discuss things with her after the grand old party she planned on holding. Once everyone was all together and enjoying the sunshine, she thought, everyone would be united and things could settle down.

Mm, I'm down for some story time, she murmured when Stark mentioned his illicit past, and then found herself laughing as he continued to talk, finding the concept of herself as a Queen to be absolutely hilarious and only a little strange. But I do like the sound of that. Come, slave - and I mean that both ways, a spark caught in her eyes and she leered hungrily at him, and beckoned him towards the Crook and out of the sun. That had been his target location, right? They could get down and dirty later, when they were off gallavanting across the known world.

Then another thought, one that jarred her from the oddly timed innuendo and returned Tavi to the topic of Stark's familial connections: I guess I could meet your dear sister before we leave, right?
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Her devoted harem boy continued to grin, preening her and pressing a few kisses along her jaw and cheek. "Yes ma'am," was his throaty response, instantly keening for her touch as he had the other night they had shared, so eager to please her and give her what she wanted. "I live to please," He crooned, grinning at her as they headed back towards the crook. He gave a final fond bump before stepping a space away from her, not wanting to seen anything other than professional. 

The pack already questioned her too much and he felt like his involvement might only give them more fuel for their unnecessary fire. Stark refused to be a liability to her. The dark male tilted his head as Octavia suggested meeting Banner first. "As soon as you want, really."  Stark said. There was no hesitation in him, not when it came down to it, even if it was a little worrying. "I can take you to her - or bring her here. Your call." 
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Okay, she mumbled, passing beneath the shadow of the Crook's jagged doorway. She peered in to the Crook to see if anyone was milling around, and when she realized Banner couldn't be expected to be lingering there, of all places, she withdrew. I'll meet her now then.

She wasn't feeling that nervous about it. As Tavi dismounted from the rocky pathway leading to and from the Crook, finding an irregular path off of the uneven ground and in to a patch of fresh grass, she paused and looked back to Stark. I'm assuming she isn't chilling somewhere inside the territory... Which meant they could go on a little adventure to find her, and maybe right after, they could depart on the vacation.

Oh, except that the party Harlyn and Octavia had agreed upon still had to happen. Sigh. She just wanted a break. If you bring her somewhere neutral and then call me, I'll be sure to find you. That works, and it keeps strangers off of my lawn -- she thought aloud, and then snickered softly towards the dark man. Not that she's someone to be wary of, I mean... Gotta follow Warbone's old rules lest the natives.. go native.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark shook his head when Octavia asked if she was waiting somewhere. He wouldn't do something like that and not tell her. Not that he'd just rush random people into the pack either, he was too concerned with being as proper as he could manage given everything that had happened lately. The pack needed time, he wouldn't rock the boat. He chuckled as he guided her towards the pack's borders - back towards where they had originally met. "No need to fuel that fire." Stark agreed. "They don't even know how good they have it." Stark muttered with a little sigh. 

When they had made their way away from the Crook and he felt more confident he leaned over, nuzzling her pale shoulder. "We'll show them." Stark said confidently. And if they couldn't fall in line, they'd be shown the door and wished as much luck as they could find elsewhere. Already Stark was on board to send Nova Rose away, but to do so without question would spell the death of the old woman. Surprisingly he didn't care. 

"Just so you know - she's gonna be really nervous. Probably shy. She's got anger issues, and she thinks it makes her this sort of monster." Stark said, frowning. "She's not as bad as she thinks - but I imagine I'd be just as upset if it was me in her shoes..." He'd speculated often what he'd do with Banner's little troubles, but, having a bad temper and sometimes flying off the handle wasn't nearly as bad in his eyes as his green eyed sister made it seem. 
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Wait, so you're saying you are the most normal of the bunch? Hm, as she spoke Octavia took on a jokingly offended expression, her nose scrunching. One sullen sibling, one the opposite. Sounds like fun. Actually, her face relaxed; in fact the rest of her did too, and she looked up and away, off in to space as she remembered, sounds like family.

Truthfully, if this sister was more of a firebrand than Captain, Octavia would welcome it. She did not require any more layabouts or wolves she could not trust. Emotion wasn't a problem for her; Octavia was an emotional individual, had become one since being pregnany and having her hormones go nuts.

She waited, watching him for a few seconds, and then with a toss of her head commanded in a cheerful tone, Come on, lets get moving. I wanna meet this chicka.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark laughed warmly at her guess, giving a boyish grin as he looked to the pale woman. "I mean..y'know. Normal is what it is, and I'm not sure that's me." He liked the idea just fine and all. She might consider him to be actually even tempered and that was almost laughable. Maybe he had mellowed. Maybe. Or maybe that was Octavia's benefit and he could roll with it. 

"Yes ma'am," Stark grinned and picked up the pace, starting towards the river in Raven's Watch where everything had changed for Stark. If he had just kept on, or maybe if he'd found a place in Lasher's pack, he might have changed everything. This was much better though, he figured that there was nothing better than the life he was establishing for himself. 

"I'm excited," He admitted eagerly, tail waving behind him. If this worked, if everything ended up evening out, he might actually get everything he wanted.