Broken Antler Fen Few Days Too Late
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
All Welcome 
Something was wrong. The yearling was warm, too high temperatured even for the Summer day, and as she trotted through the painful limp that'd formed on her injured leg, she found herself more irritable than even of late. She and Aduin had been distant the past week or so, even though she still made a point to do something for the pack each day. Be it hunt, patrol, or strengthen bonds with packmates, Brandy managed to do something. 
Today, however, she noticed the pus oozing from her wound. It was slight, only just starting to turn sour a day or two ago, but it hurt like fury and was becoming unbearable. It was time she called Sebastian, let him look at it. She'd tried to keep it clean, swimming and licking it when she thought it was needed, but apparently it hadn't been enough. Sitting down underneath a tree with a pain-laced whimper, she loosed a howl for @Sebastian. He would help her, fur sure.

Medic thread for Seb (so let him post first), but anyone else is welcome to join after :D Maybe @Aduin ?
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian lifted his head up at the howl and was quick to turn his direction towards the howl. He howled back to tell Brandy he was coming. Maybe she wanted to talk to him about Aduin, that would be funny. Hopefully that would give him some insight.

The alpha trotted towards the female that called for him. Yet when he saw her laying down he wondered if there was something more serious. She had a wound that was clearly infected. The male's face turned into a worried one. "That is infected," he instantly spoke to her. But he barely had any herbs! Oh no.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin heard it as well. He was ready to get to her, but then he remembered his talk with Seb and what he had taken out of it. She didn't always need him right there. His drive to be there for her got the best of him, and he was soon running to her. He got there after Seb, but just in time to hear what he said.

Skidding to a halt, his face drawn in horror. What had he just said? "No...No..." Somehow he was still standing, but his legs did feel wobbly. He gathered his strength to go to Brandy to nose her cheek with a low whimper. Unable to say anything else.

So distraught. He thinks it's much worse than it actually is
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy was much less worried than the males seemed to be, but over twice as cranky. From where she lied against the tree, she saw both Seb and Aduin approach: both of which came to her and one that came really close. Aduin nosed her face and though she apreciated his affection, now just wasn't the time and she pulled away slightly. The copper girl gave a quick lick to his face, but then turned towards Seb with a frustrated sigh at her wound. Her mate couldn't have missed the heat coming from her, or especially the wound he hovered by, and a trained caregiver like Sebastian certainly wouldn't.
                "I tried keeping it clean. Swimming, licking it. But the day before yesterday it started hurting really bad. I figured you would be able to help me...."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked up when Aduin came and was all worried. Sebastian let out a soft grunt. "Aduin calm down, if you don't relax you can go," he spoke to his young brother. He was a medic and he needed control of a situation.

"Aduin, I want you to grab a stick and catch cobwebs for me," he spoke to him. That would make things better. He focussed on Brandy. "It might not be serious now but if we continue like this you can lose your leg," he explained to her. "I need Marigold. But I might not be able to find it. Not much herbs here."
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin stopped repeating that word 'No' when Seb spoke. He listened, wanting to do anything at all possible to help. "S-Stick on cobwebs! Got it!" He didn't even bother realising he had mixed up the words. Right away he rushed out of sight to find a stick and cobwebs.

Not too hard to find, since fallen logs were abundant with cobwebs inside and sticks were basically anywhere. Yet still, he got the words confused. "Stick on cobweb. Stick on cobweb. On stick cobweb. Stick on cobweb." As soon as that was done, he headed back, yelling ahead of him, "I'm coming!"

I actually got it confused the first time
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy's ears were starting to twitch with irritation from her broken-record mate, and though she kept her sharp lemon eyes on Sebastian to listen to his words, she was immencley grateful that Sebastian said something before she did. Her alphas next words, however, brought her hackles raising momentarily and her eyes stretch white in fear. Lose her leg!? How was she going to hunt, or fight, or even do ANYTHING without all her legs?
              "I-I don't want to lose a leg, Sebastian."
Her voice, though low and shaky, was calm. The yearling was doing a good job of restraining herself, knowing that fear would take her nowhere. Listening to Sebastian and what to do was her best chance at survival.... But lord did she wish Ambrosia were here.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian helped Ambrosia up. "Come with me," he spoke and helped her towards the closest stream. The young male placed her by the water that was running quite quickly. The young medic started to lick it clean, and let the fast water make part of the puss drift off with the water. The young male went to work quietly. He was not going to feed her with more scary stories.

"Let the water flow over it. Don't move till I come back," he spoke and then jumped over the stream to the other side, to then hear Aduin come back. "Aduin. I need more cobweb. A lot of it." Sebastian then turned on his heels and went to another fen where he thought he had seen Marigold before. Seeing that the plants were eaten he could try it with the root of the plant.

The male sniffed the ground and tried to locate it. He grabbed the thicker root after digging it up gently. He was not sure if it was the right one but the other's didn't need to know that. Sebastian started chewing on the root while he made his way back to Brandy. He had learn the use of marigold from when he had an injured shoulder. When he came back most of it was turned into pasted. "Plwace youwre paww wheeree." His mouth was full and his pointed with his paw where she should place it. Then Sebastian started applying the paste of root and saliva. Now he needed to cobweb to keep it in the same place.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin gulped. They needed more. In his mind, they had a short time to help Brandy. In his mind, he thought that the leg wouldn't be the only thing missing. The mind of a very anxious and naive lover. He set the stick with cobwebs down on Brandy's side of the stream, then ran off to get more. 

This time, after much running back and forth and almost tripping over his own feet, he managed to gather five more sticks. It was possible he took Sebastian's meaning of 'more' a bit too far. He set them down next to her and lay next to her but not so close as to not get in the way, murmuring words of comfort. "It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay." To whom these words were to, that he was unsure of. He watched as Seb carefully applied a paste to her leg.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy was easy to limp after her alpha and follow his every order, wincing every step until she lay in the water. The water felt cool against her hot skin, and she calmed her nerves in the time she had alone. 
It felt like seconds they were gone, and the copper girl was still just as irritated as before: but much cooler and less pus-filled. She shifted at Seb's command, a slight whimper coming from her throat. Soon Aduin was behind her and laying down, but he was wise not to touch her right now. Again, however, he began to sound like a broken record, and her ear twitched a couple times.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked to the side and found that Aduin had caught even more sticks. Though he placed them on the ground so that was not to smart, Sebastian grabbed a bunch of the stick and then pressed it against the poultice. It didn't stick on the first try but as he applied more and more of the cobweb it seemed to go better. He only used the cobweb on top of the stick not what was laying on the ground.

Sebastian looked at his work which looked a bit messy. "Well, I think this will do the trick. But let me know if you still feel bad in a couple of days. I will apply new herbs," he spoke. He didn't want to think of the fact that he might have to bite off her leg if it stayed infected.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Permisson to skip, and its my last post. Sorry Brandy's being a butt, she's going through a crisis within her.  

Brandy set her head on the ground, wincing and grumbling the entire time but not moving a muscle. When he'd finished, Aduin had went quiet, and Seb told her hed have to change it again in a few days if she wasn't feeling better. 
Silent, the yearling stood, at first wobbly, on three legs. She tested her bandaged leg and, upon finding it could at least hold her, gave a solemn nod to her alpha. Ears drooping, eyes lowered, she gave a lick to Aduins shoulder before slinking off into the lower, wetter, but flatter part of their home.  The copper female didn't want to talk to anybody right now, wanted no company and actually already planned on finding a hollow log or something to sleep in tonight.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian realized that having such a wound could be really shocking, hence why Sebastian thought that she was distant because of the shock she went to. The male didn't think too much of it. The male watched the female leave, his face falling a bit into a frown. "A thank you would have been nice," he let out under his breath.

It was common sense and polite to thank someone that might have saved your life. Plus he had been called and instantly come to her aid more often than any pack member. Sebastian frowned a bit as he went his own away. She was probably in too much pain to think of manners.