Silvertip Mountain Guilty Pleasures
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
It had been some time since he were here. This exact spot, it was where Chaska told Mason and June the tale of the moon rock. Just thinking to that brought a smile to his face. The joy, the interest they showed. They had loved that story. It was what got him into continuing telling stories in the first place. Now, he may never do that again. Not with any pups. For all he knew, they all ran off or died.

That thought turned his smile upside down. He became frustrated. Not at them, not at life, but himself. He left. He had left them. One more wolf could have made so much more of a difference. But he left. He stamped a paw down, not realising a small rock was there. But he ignored the pain and the warm liquid trickling out. And instead turned away and stomped off.

@Krypton
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
She watched him from afar, wondering what had caused him to change so drastically. Chaska never really acted so secluded before, so why now?

swallowing dryly, Krypton soon followed her pack mate. Her ears were pricked forward with each step, her murky eyes scanning the ground to make sure she didn't step on anything that would reveal her presence.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska had not noticed his silent watcher. He just kept going, faster and faster. He kept going until he leaped ontop of a rock. That was then the small rock in his paw was embebbed even more. He cried out, looking down in realisation of his new injury. Carefully, he took out the rock and spat it away. But he did not lick his wound clean. Instead he stared.

Then he sobbed. Seeing blood on his paws brought back the memory of that young boy he saw. That young boy who gave chase. That young boy, not much older than  nine months, who came after him and paid for it. Chaska sobbed more and more, laying his head onto the rock with his paws inbetween.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Chaska's cry in pain made the beta almost crane her neck and call out, but her tongue was silenced by her ears. The racking sobs rumbling in the scarred male made her heart lurch and tear. Krypton couldn't just stand and watch from afar. Instead, she loped her way over, not even caring how loud she was. Stopping before the face of the rock and the snout of Chaska, Krypton lowered her neck to look into Chaska's eyes once they would open.

It was not an act of portraying dominance, but wishng to see what was going on in his head. What was causing him so much pain and trouble, what was making him act different? Krypton whined to Chaska, worried about him dearly before placing her paw onto the rock, close to his. "Chaska..?" she asked quietly, wondering if she had his attention.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska had just wanted to be enveloped in the darkness between his eyes. Just him and the darkness. But then he heard something outside. He was afraid to open them, afraid that it might have been some ghost coming to take vengeance. Until it spoke.

Slowly he opened his eyes, one ear perking up at the voice. He saw Krypton there with a worried gaze. Instantly he realised that she heard him crying. He had cried before, but not like this. This was full on sobbing. "K-Krypton. Nice to see you..." He tried quickly to think of something to play it off. "I-I was just thinking of a sad story I heard."
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
His reason for crying was a strange one to say the least. Krypton soon sensed something was hidden beneath his words and decided to shake them off. He was lying once again and trying to cover something up. She laid her chin on the rock, though it was at an angle that made her head elevated a bit. "You're lying again," she said softly. "Chaska, please be honest with me-" Krypton looked at him with worried eyes. "What is it that pains you?"
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Liar liar, fur on fire
Unlike last time, he did not flatten his ears when she called him liar. He simply ignored it. Until she went on. "It's nothing. I got into a scuffle, that's it!" he replied, raising his voice. He glared at her, until finally giving in. She wasn't one to give up. Something he knew. "How about I tell you it my way?"
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
XD That was pretty good Cody

His raised voice and harsh glare made her sink back a bit, almost as if she was cowering to him. Her body form reflected a pup about to be beaten for doing something wrong. Although Krypton was gifted with a monstrous body, she still had her sensitive personality. He seemed to give in though, making the beta rise again and look at him. With glossy eyes, she nodded her head slowly and said nothing.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He remained laying down as he went into storyteller mode. Something he hadn't done since leaving. When he was alone, he liked reflecting on those yet never said them aloud. Now that he was back, he might as well get back into routine. 

"This is the story of a wolf who sought out revenge against his pack's killer. This wolf...let's call him Cha." He purposefully made the similarity with the wolf's name and his name, since this was his story. "Cha had found a pack after his pack's death. He made a new life, began anew. But old grudges are hard to forget. So he left one day, hoping he would never have to return. To see the hurt on their faces from him having left. He believed he had betrayed them in doing so, so he wished that this would be his final journey." He took a breath, then continued on.

"After many days and many nights, he found the killer. Yet this could not have been the killer. he was kind, a father with many children. A respected alpha. But Cha, he was blind to this. As soon as he saw the alpha, they both recognised each other. Cha challenged the alpha to a duel..and won." The next part, he mentally prepared himself for. He was afraid of what had happened, afraid of sharing that one detail of what happened next.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Silently, the girl listened to Chaska's story with her fullest attention. The name, Cha, was quite close to Chaska. Krypton then believed that both were the same, but Chaska was merely telling the story this way to be indirect. With that in mind, Krypton already felt pity and sadness grow in her heart. She could see Chaska was in pain telling this story, soon making her want him to stop. "If you don't want to go on," she started off, looking at him with sorrowful eyes. "Then don't."

She wanted to make him feel comfortable, or at least not pressured. If he wished to keep the rest to himself, then Krypton would hold nothing against him. He sounded as if he went through enough as it was.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska felt the urge to stop there. But he never let a story go unfinished. This was just another story. A personal one, yes. But a story at that. So he chose to continue, much to his own dismay. Though not before a long, heavy sigh.

"Cha left soon after. He expected to be filled with pride. But no, he was only filled with shame. He only pulled himself further into his own despair. He ran as fast as he could, not looking back for the second time in his life...But he was followed." Another shaky breath came. "A young boy...barely n-nine months old. He looked so much like his father...Cha...The resemblance sent him into a fury after the boy attacked...I s-saw him lying th-there, d-dead eyes looking up at me." Chaska couldn't stop it. He sobbed just like how he did when he saw that young boy.

"Why didn't I s-stop myself?! Why couldn't I?! I-I just c-couldn't? Krypton, why couldn't I?" His entire body trembled as he continued to speak. He just wanted so badly to go back, to change it all.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
His story continued, Krypton listened quietly with perked ears and saddened eyes. She hated seeing a friend in such a sad mood, his story made things worse for her. She connected everything together, piece by piece. Chaska had killed his original pack's killer, along with his son. Krypton didn't hold that against Chaska, hate and vengeance were dangerous and hard to avoid. Succumbing to both of them was normal, and shouldn't be held against someone.

With that in mind, Krypton continued to listen until her finally cracked. He trembled before her, making the girl rise and embrace him. She felt his fur and entire body shake and tremble rapidly, making her whine. "You feel their pain though, Chaska." She said softly, looking at him. "You know what you did was wrong, you know what you did wasn't right. But you understand that, and you are repenting for it." Chaska understood what he did, making things easier for Krypton to understand. As long as he knew he messed up, everything flowed easier. "You may have not stopped yourself, but you see the errors of your actions." It is a tough lesson to learn, a gruesome one too. But sooner or later a wolf must learn.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I'll get this to fade. Thank you for joining the thread

Chaska stopped trembling, taking it a step at a time. Trying to rein himself back into self control. "T-Thank you...for listening...You have been a great friend to me." He settled himself, laying down. He felt tired, wanting to rest. "Krypton? Do you mind if you stay near until I'm asleep?" He felt calmer with someone nearby as he drifted off to sleep.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
ooc: No worries for fading the threads quick! And thank you for having me :D

He settled, showing his thanks and gratitude towards her. She could only smile, feeling a bit enlightened to know her friend stopped shaking so much. Hopefully, he could move on from this and go on without another thought on the situation. His request was simple, making her nod her head. "Of course, anything for you Chaska." She said, settling down near him quietly.