Hideaway Strath Tell the wolves I'm home
32 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
anyone is welcome, set after her first thread :P

Akazia had not stop running until she was sure they were far enough to slow down, even then they didn't stop moving. She kept her daughter continuously moving and for once Jaida didn't complain, likely sensing the danger they were in. This time they weren't just at the risk of someone who might've wanted to eat her daughter, or an apex predator, this time they had come across a cultist group who had wanted to sacrifice Akazia and induct Jaida into their group. Akazia still shuddered when she thought of Jaida growing up in that place, if she had been allowed to live. 

The wound in her flank burned horribly, the adrenaline had long ago worn off and now it throbbed with every step she took. Jaida had fretted aloud at the sight of it, mking her stop so that she could lick it clean before they began to trek once more. Akazia hadn't paid much attention to where they were going, just following the river south. As they passed through the entrance to a small, peaceful valley; Jaida nearly fell headfirst into it due to her fatigue. 

Feeling guilty for working her daughter so hard, Akazia led the fluffy girl to a sheltered area and nudged her into lying down. "Sleep, Jay. I'll watch for them." 
You can break my soul, beat me, hurt me, kill me. But for the love of God, don't touch her.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Jaida plodded after her mother, hardly caring about the scenery as they passed through the different lands. The pair didn't stop for anything, only stopping once so that Jaida could clean her mother's wound upon seeing it for the first time and constantly pestering until her mother gave in. Jaida didn't complain, knowing Mother was under enough stress with the fear of the red people finding them.

As Jaida nearly fell into the valley, black spots coming across her vision, she felt Mother's teeth gently grabbing her scruff. She was too big to be carried but she stumbled after Mother, collapsing onto the spot indicated and laying down to sleep. "Night, Mama."
I think a lot, but I don't say much.
The puppet to my emotions
98 Posts
Ooc — Otis
The scent of festering flesh drew the rosy boy to their hideout. His copper gaze was curiously levelled as he padded forward, keeping his body low to the ground and his auds trained forward, eager to catch the movement of possible food. He rounded the hilltop, his fur fluffing out in excitement as the enticing scent drew closer by the second. Wind whistled through his pelt as he slowed to a hold, surprise causing his eyes to widen as he took in the figures of the white canids in front of him. One, a young wolf, was sleeping soundlessly beside an older female, presumably its mother, who also held the wound. He was not one for rational thinking; the odour of blood had left a red haze in his mind and he crept forward, lips beginning to peel back in what one could describe as a snarl.
32 Posts
Ooc —
Akazia glanced up, wary of the sounds coming from the brush, the mother shifted closer to her child in case something dangerous appeared. A wolf, male, appeared from the brush with a snarl coating his expression. It seemed the small family could not catch a break from crazy wolves who either wanted to kill or eat them.

Akazia stood, posturing defensively over Jaida as a snarl tore from her throat. "You have three seconds to get the fuck away from us before I come across this clearing and rip your balls off." Akazia warned, leaning down to lick Jaida's head to rouse her.
You can break my soul, beat me, hurt me, kill me. But for the love of God, don't touch her.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Jaida awoke, feeling her mother lick her head, blinking wearily about them. Surprised that it was morning so quickly, Jaida yawned and began to get to her feet. She was stopped by the low rumbles of growls in her mother's chest, glancing up to see whom Mother was growling at.

The male across the clearing had an angry expression on his face, though Jaida wasn't sure why. Jaida crouched beneath her mother, fear coloring her features. A small stab of fury reached her, why couldn't all these bullies leave her Mama alone?!
98 Posts
Ooc — Otis
Despite the obvious option which was to retreat, the circumstances told Shink to do the exact opposite. He was starving; his hunger a gnawing pain in his belly, and he continued forward, his pelt bristling in anticipation. "I'll be doing you a favour," he growled, his copper eyes sparked with aggressive determination. With slinking movements he crept closer still, features trained eagerly on the red flesh clearly visible amongst the white hairs of the woman. He lunged in a blind attempt to sink his teeth into whatever meat his canines could snag, ignoring the vicious words and the cowering innocence of the pup.
32 Posts
Ooc —
gonna take that as permission to pp, feel free to pm me if I need to edit anything. Im okay with injury, just not maiming or death

Bumping Jaida's foreleg with a paw, part of their secret gestures, Akazia felt the pup skitter backwards into the roots of the tree behind them. Assured the girl was safe, Akazia charged forward like an angry mama bear; and Shink had just poked that bear with a stick.

Just because that creepy cultist had torn a chunk from her flank didn't mean Akazia was out of the count. Adrenaline surged in her veins making it almost impossible to feel the pain of her wound. "The only favor that'll be done is the one to wolfkind when I render you useless for breeding." The words were a vicious snarl torn from her lips as she lunged for him.

Her teeth found purchase near his throat, the two scrabbling in a fight that Akazia was certain she would win. She couldn't lose, she had more at stake than her own life.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Jaida moved backwards as she felt the tap on her leg, climbing into the small hole between the roots of the tree. Even if Mother were to fall, which Jaida was certain that she wouldn't, Jaida would be safe there. The hole was too small for the stranger to get into and the tree was sturdy enough that he couldn't force himself in. 

Jaida watched the fight with round eyes, whispering fervently to whomever may be listening to let Mother win. Eventually she worked up the courage to cheer for her mother. "Get him, Ma!" 
98 Posts
Ooc — Otis
Your post is fine by me. Just please try not to kill the little bastard ;) I'm fine with a little injury though

His eyes squeezed shut not a moment after she made a move for his neck. A high pitched whine escaped his lips as her teeth made contact with his throat, searing pain burning through him the instant her canines pierced his skin. Blood trickled menacingly down his shoulders to form scarlet rivulets dripping down his forelegs. In blind panic, the boy gave up his snarling and twisted his cranium round to nip at her ear, kicking out with his back legs as he did so, in a desperate attempt to loosen her grip. His breaths were coming more slowly and in ragged shifts and he could only hope his manoeuvre had done the trick.
32 Posts
Ooc —
His teeth found her ear, blood dripping as they tore in painfully. Akazia grimaced around the fur of his throat, ignoring it as she knew she had to if she hoped to win. Losing wasn't an option, if she died who would care for Jaida? The adolescent was learning but if her mother were to die then Jaida wouldn't last long without a pack. 

He twisted in her grasp, pulling himself free with a whine. Akaiza moved back, head held high over the younger male. Her stance screamed dominance and rightly so, the wound on his throat looking more gruesome than her ear felt. Akazia snarled at him again, ready to lunge once more if he hadn't already learned his lesson.

Akazia, unlike this male had proven with his attack, didn't like to kill or eat her own kind unless absolutely necessary. "Go." Akazia spat at him, leaving no room for arguments. He would leave or she would kill him.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Jaida, still hidden within the safety of the tree trunk, let out her own snarl as the blood dripped from her mother's ear. The noise was more like an angry squeak but the meaning was clear. Jaida was tense, eyes flicking between the two brawling adults. 

Mother seemed to be winning, albeit that could have been biased since it was her mother, though between a bite to the ear and a bite to the throat Jaida would have picked the latter. Her mother commanded the male to go and Jaida watched with bated breath to see if he would obey.
98 Posts
Ooc — Otis
Her commanding growls said it all and, as the pale woman released the boy from her grip, he crouched cowering for a moment feeling the blood drip menacingly down his neck. The red haze had begun to fade, leaving him with only feelings of guilt and burned out pride; no longer fueling the urge to rip and tear at other beings. Eyes wide with fear, he rose unsteadily to his feet, tail whipped between his legs and ears pinned flat to his skull as he shuffled sideways away from her line of fire. A hoarse whimper escaped his throat and ended in a rasping retch as he heaved himself, panting, to the top of the rise before turning tail and limping off before she could change her mind.
32 Posts
Ooc —
He left amidst a string of whimpers and scrambled over the opening to the north. Akazia watched him in case it was an act, waiting until he was gone before her form relaxed. Pain could be felt now that he was gone, both in her haunch and in her ear. Akazia walked back to the tree slowly, feeling her exhaustion hit her like the weight of a boulder.

"Jay, you can come out now. It's safe." The mother assured, laying down by the tree, knowing her daughter would want to clean the wound on her ear. The yearling came wriggling out, clambering onto her mother and licking away the blood. Akazia licked what she could reach of her daughter, an effort to calm her after seeing the fight.

Once Jaida seemed satisfied with the cleanliness of her freshest wound, Akazia nudged her to lay back down. Resting her head over the child's back, Akazia lay down to rest as well. "Sleep. Tomorrow we'll find food before moving on again, the blood will attract others." With that, Akazia fell into a light sleep that could be awoken by the smallest sound.
27 Posts
Ooc —
The male dissapeared, Jaida sticking her tongue out at him though he couldn't see. She waited until Mother gave her assurance that it was safe before climbing out, knowing it would upset her if she came out beforehand. Jaida climbed out, licking her mother's fresh wound meticulously.

Once it was clean, Jaida rested over her mother's forelegs as her tongue rasped over Jaida's fur comfortingly. At her mother's words, Jaida felt slightly angry at the male for ruining this for them though she knew they couldn't stay indefinitely. Jaida fell asleep, hoping no one else would come across them in their travels.