Shadewood Walking ghost
The puppet to my emotions
98 Posts
Ooc — Otis
All Welcome 
It had been a long hike yet, as the boy emerged from the pressing shadows of the trees, the sunlight greeted his gaze and he knew it was worth it. The famine had taken his toll on him on his family; many of them had not made it through the spring, yet by some miracle Shink had managed to pull through. His deep copper eyes scanned the fringe of the forest, searching for signs of life as his paws carried his forwards to the very edge of the foliage and he reclined back onto his haunches, his orbs silently observing the terrain before him.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Aeronwyn's paws led her to the north of the territory, the scent here well established by her and Malice earlier. She dove into the river, and it was with revusion that she noted that she would have to do this often, ever time she was to leave the territory. She slunk up the opposite, water streaming from her fur, and violently shook her pale pelt. Droplets flew, and soon she was fairly dry once more. 

Her paws led her to the forest, the one with the thick foliage and shadowed ground. It reminded her of the forest of the Brotherhood, but this one was more regal then malificent. Perfaps she ought to explore these woods, learn some of the territor to the north of them. 

It was then she saw the wolf, reclining on his haunches. He was a fair distance from the borders she had set, but still in the vicinity. But after a moment, Aeronwyn reconsidered her protectiveness. Perhaps this one could be persuaded to join them?

With a chuff of greeting, the beautiful femme approached, halting a short distance from the male, who was rather tall in stature. "What seek thee in these lands, sir?" Her voice was not unkind, but sincere. If he expressed interest in what she hoped he did, she would call for Burke. But for now, she would handle this alone.
98 Posts
Ooc — Otis
The boy turned his attention to the pale femme as she approached, her gentle chuff alerting him of her presence. "M'lady," he called out in his usual relaxed tone, rising to his paws to greet the newcomer. She seemed friendly enough, seemingly well fed despite the rough conditions the famine had caused, making him wonder who was aiding her health. Perhapse it was a pack or at least a band of wolves working together to push through the tough months, in which case Shink would quite happily like to hear more about. With a casual wave of his tail, the boy trotted towards her, letting the sun fully engulf his rosy form. "I am merely here to seek refuge," he explained briefly, "The famine left my former pack with heavy losses so, naturally, I decided to depart their comforts in search of somewhere more stable." He had picked up on her tense attitude yet nature told him to remain lighthearted until proven otherwise and he dipped his head, a slight smile beginning to form on his lips.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
M'lady certainly sat well with the wraith, and at that she offered a small smile. He continued his speech, seemingly lighthearted and cheery. He spoke of his search for refuge, of his previous pack falling to famine. All this Aeronwyn took in, and after a moment she had but a few questions to ask. "What is your name?" This she needed to know, it would not be proper to simply address him as stranger of 'you'. "Do you search for a pack?"

She herself had no say in whether this male would find a spot in their forming pack if he so desired, but @Burke and @Malice definitely did. She wanted a full affirmative from him before she called the leaders officially, though she hoped they might arrive here on a patrol, perhaps. She watched the stranger curiously, noting that he seemed perhaps a little young.
98 Posts
Ooc — Otis
Her questions seemed to be of natural curiosity, something that the boy was all too familiar with yet, in his oblivious gestures, he failed to take note of the underlying seriousness of her words. "Shink," he voiced soon enough, his auds pricked with interest, "And yes, I guess you could say I was looking for a group to join." Bluegrass Meadow had been a magnificent force, one in which the boy had quite literally grown up to adore, yet their reign of prosperity had been swept away like saplings in a storm. The last he had seen of his kin was of a straggling band of a few canids before he had diffused into the shadows of the wilderness. "Say," he spoke calmly, turning his focus back towards the stunning she-wolf, "Are you of a pack?"
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Shink, was his name, and yes, he did search for a pack. She smiled then, and after his question begun smoothly. "That I am, though we have yet to lay complete claim to these lands. We are small, but strong- the alphas are wise and level-headed, and we are a tightly knit group." Aeronwyn liked what she saw in this male, though young he was cortious and spoke clearly of his thoughts. She admired that about him, and after a moment said to him, "I will call for Burke, our alpha, now. I do believe he might like to meet you, sir. Malice is busy with the pups, I think." offering him a rare smile, one of encouragement, she lifted her finely crafted muzzle and howled for the heavens, one that called for Burke, and that she sopke flew from her muzzle like an arrow and found him, where ever he might be.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
I had this post drafted from the moment I was tagged xD

Burke happened to be on the edges of the territory, to check if the borders were surrounded by the rivers as Malice told him. He believed her of course, but Burke wanted to see for himself and do some scent marking. Just in case a loner would cross these waters and have to face his scent as a reminder that there were other wolves here.

His ears perked up when he heard Aeronwyn's howl. Burke howled towards Malice to let her know he was exiting for a moment. He wanted to know what Aero's howl was all about. The large male trotted at a quick pace towards her. The male approached her, though he did not catch any of the conversation. He looked from the guy to Aero. "I assume Aeronwyn called me because you want to join my pack?," he asked. His docked tail raised.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
98 Posts
Ooc — Otis
Her answer came to no surprise to the rosy male, for a wolf in her condition would certainly have tied bonds with others soon enough. Though, at the mention of alphas, his ears pricked in anticipation and a slight feeling of uncertainty slid deftly into his features yet he returned her smile, hoping to hide his nervousness. "If this is what it takes to be accepted," he begun, dipping his head in anticipation, "Then I'd be quite happy to meet this alpha of yours." Encouragement coursed through his veins as she lifted her muzzle to release her song to the skies and he listened intently, admiring her confidence and proclamity within the situation. "Thank you," he paused, grateful for her acceptance, before lowering his gaze to await the arrival of Burke.

No sooner had he spoken then a grey blur appeared upon the crest, the stocky build of the wolf clearly visible in the light of day. With a polite wave of his tail, the boy didn't raise his his orbs from the ground, rather keeping them glued to the dusty surface in a sign of respect. He wouldn't have needed the females words to know that he was the alpha; his commanding tone said it all. "Of course," he spoke in reply, shooting a confirmative glance towards the silver woman before returning his focus the the ground.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
This male was good; he submitted, showed repect, was quick-thinking and polite. He was quick to submit to Burke, which was wise of him, and he thanked her, which was good of him. When he shot her a look, she gave him a quick nod, he was doing well. But now she would not interjected, this was simply between Burke and Shink. Though she could not help but hope that Shink would be accepted, he showed qualities that would be useful, admired, in any pack; and she hoped the he joined their budding one.
Feel free to skip my posts if needed! Aeronwyn will pretty much be standing there :D
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched the respectful male and instantly grew a liking to him, so far he could grow a liking to someone he just met. He nodded softly towards the male, not sure if he would see it because he was looking down. "We plan on settling close to here, on the piece of land between two rivers. The higher your skills and trades are, the higher your ranking will be." Burke wanted that explained because he was not sure if Aeronwyn had or not. "If Aeronwyn already told you that then my apologies," he added just in case.

At the Dark brotherhood borders he would be far more vicious. Burke still had his suspicion, but trusting Aeronwyn seemed a good decision, so maybe he could trust this male too she picked. He was really making some progress. "Swear your loyalty to me and the rest of the pack, and I can't see why you wouldn't be accepted." Maybe now accepting this male had gone rather quick, but Burke was aware too that they needed man power if they wanted to defend their lands. This male seemed respectful enough, and alive after the worst of the famine has past. So that indicated enough for Burke, plus if he lacked skills he would stay at the bottom of the pack.
98 Posts
Ooc — Otis
At the introduction of the slowly forming group, Shink felt his heart leap in relief. Traveling alone had been tough from day one and, with food so scarce, the thought of being allied with others, aiding their fellows and protecting their goals, was enough for him to emit a quiet chuff of excitement. Yet, he kept his cool, raising his line of sight to rest upon the brutes paws as he shifted onto his stomach, his legs tucked neatly out in front of him as he strove to reply. "No, she did not inform me of your ranks," he started, his auds pricking curiously at the mention of trades. He was a stranger to this new system; his former pack allowing wolves to rank up depending on their show of dominance within the clan. "And I know that I'm still young," his words were low but riddled with sparks of interest as he continued, "My skills may not be that developed compared to most others yet I would like to learn and am willing to push myself to achieve all I can."

A flicker of uncertainty wormed its way into his words at the prospect of what was to come. Suppose he would be rendered useless to the pack, nothing but dead weight just tagging along to survive. The thoughts brought fear to cloud his mind and he let out a brief shudder, forcing his gaze upwards to graze that of the alpha in hope to prove his worth. "I promise you will receive my unwavering loyalty," he spoke softly, dipping his head once more. Perhapse the brute would be true to his words and play fair with the boy; the least he could do was to trust that whatever decision was to be made, it would be the right one.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Permission from Aeronwyn's player to skip her

Burke lifted his muzzle when the other spoke, he was not worried that the male would be a failure. In fact seeing how hard he wanted to work it only made Burke more pleased about the fact that this male was joining them. "Not to worry, Shink. As a pack we will help you find the trades you like doing, and make sure you get plenty of opportunities." Burke appreciated that he was really to give his 100% for his new pack.

"Good, hereby you are accepted in our pack, or soon to be pack. Let us walk you back to the territory we want to claim. You can put your scent mark on the borders to show that we are one wolf stronger," he spoke to him, turning towards the territory. Burke disliked leaving Malice too long alone and undefended, especially while there were three strong and healthy wolves standing right here.
98 Posts
Ooc — Otis
At the leaders encouraging words, the boy let his tail thump against the dusty ground, sending clouds of silt to rise up and drift towards the river. He rose to his paws to stand in an eager posture, his head still lowered slightly in the universal show of submission. The fear and uncertainty he harboured still resided within him yet he trusted that the burly brute, the pale woman and their fellows would be able to guide him forwards. Burke's words confirmed his hope and he nodded eagerly, parting his maw to voice his regards. "You have my thanks," he flashed a smile to the duo. He would gladly riddle the lands with his scent in order for their forming band to rise to prosperity, much like his father had done for Bluegrass. With a curious twitch of his ears, he took a step forwards as he waited for them to lead him back towards their settlement.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
It was finished, and the boy had joined their ranks. With a quick glance at Burke, she stepped forward, with all the feline grace that she possessed. She glanced at Burke, and spoke, "If you so wish me too, Burke, I can show him around our Isle." She looked back at Shink, silver orbs gleaming. "Welcome, Shink." she said with a small smile.

Ever since their frantic journey, the pale wraith found herself smiling more and thirsting for a fight less. She noted this change within herself with surprise, not knowing quite how she felt on that subject. But this male showed promise, he should loyalty, and many other qualities that would prove themselves worth of the Isle in time, she was sure.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke gave a short nod. "I'd like that Aeronwyn. I'd like to go back to Malice so she isn't undefended," he spoke and gave both wolves a nod. "Feel free to stay close to the alpha den. Then Malice can meet you later," Burke spoke to the two. The male himself turned and trotted away knowing they would see each other in a few hours perhaps.

This was a nice start, they could use someone like Shink. He was very optimistic that this claim was going in the right directions. They didn't have the numbers like Dark Brotherhood had, but once they were settles he was certain more loners would drop by and want to join them.

- burke exit! -

Any of you two can archive it! There is a new thread for Aero and Shink I believe! :3
EDIT; WHOO 1300 POST FOR YOU!