Two Rivers Isle A bed for mr.daddy
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Private 
@Burke Set after Aeronwyn and Mal are done marking the borders on the same day that Burke is sitting the pups. @Vassago @Pyro if you want your character to explore their new bed :3

After their long trip around the territory, which seemed to be entirely surrounded by rivers, Aeronwyn and her had departed. Now, the scarred woman's goal was to tell her man how lovely and wonderful this place was, and what they had already done. Marking the borders had gone by so fast with the women's small talk, and Malice couldn't wait to show Burke the den she had found and claimed as her own. Surely Vassago and Pyro would love to sleep in such a place again, and if not, they had no choice but to obey their parents.

Malice trotted happily through the hills, seeing one big tree on top of a hill. It looked old, but it was so big it could easily provide shade to a whole pack. Malice was too excited to tell Burke about the den, so she ignored it for now. Perhaps later she would check the hills out better, but not now. She followed the scent of Burke, which was surprisingly strong despite them having been there for only a few days, and soon enough the gray mass of a man came in sight, two little pups by his side.

Malice smiled, now running toward her family. It had been a while since she had ran, and the wind felt so good in her face that she closed her eyes for a few seconds. Before she knew it, she was near Burke, and planted her butt on the new grass, happily wagging her tail from side to side on the ground. She stuck her head up to kiss the chin of bunnybutt and whimpered. Burke, I have found something I think you'd like.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
It was quite a hassle to get the pups to the point where he would meet Malice. He had licked Pyro dry and carried him while he let Vassago walk up the hill for talking back to him. Little bastard. The large male settled by the hill with the tree stump.

It didn't take long for Malice arrived who seemed to greet him quite excitedly. The male lifted his chin a bit when she licked it. "Oh yeah? What then?," he asked her. If she was not going to ask about the pups well then he was not going to tell her how Pyro fell into the river.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
For now, she didn't notice that Pyro's fur was all messy, scruffy and damp. She way to excited. Then, her mischievous side took a hold of her, and she darted around him for a moment. She giggled happily, like a young pup or something, realizing now that Burke was indeed a whole lot mature. 

She picked up little Vassago, raising an eyebrow for a moment, but then decided to ignore it until they were by the den. Follow me. She said mysteriously, and took a few steps toward the forest, to where their new den was.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

A Journey Only Just Begun
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Burke meant to punish the little chestnut boy by making him walk, but using his own paws both warmed Vassago and helped him to master the all the better. He pranced happily along at his fathers heels, soon to be amazed by the fact that his paws were MELTING the earth around him! 
Or rather the water of his paws was mixing with dirt to make mud, thus getting it all over both front paws. He wasn't as wet as his brother, no, but Pyro was also being carried. 
The boys bright blue eyes were drawn to a rapidly approaching figure, and with his tiny little ears straight up Vass hid under his father. When he realized, however, that it was his mama, the boy rushed next for her; slipping in the mud of his own paws in his haste to bounce around her yipping. For a while she was more interested in daddy, and the boy watched intently as words were passed.... Nothing. He had no idea what they were saying. 
FINALLY, Malice picked him up, the brown older brother going limp in her jaws save for his ever swiveling face. She took them into the woods, and Vassago's little worm tail began to squirm.
Follow The Tracks I Lost Long Ago

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched how carefree Malice was acting. He saw this as a good thing. It was probably the first time he had seen her so happy and carefree. Vassago seemed happy to be with his mother. Burke let it slide for now as he was carrying Pyro. He was still a bit wet looking. The pup was a bit lighter as his brother, easier for carrying.

The male followed Malice into the forest, wondering what she wanted to show him. Burke nodded. He also wanted to tell Malice a few things. The forest was dense and nicely packed with trees, soon the animals should be returning and they would have full tummies once more. Burke placed Pyro down when they came closer to a den. He could smell that Malice had claimed it. It looked perfect. The entrance even looked big enough for him to enter.

"It looks lovely," he spoke, watching the entrance. It would be the new alpha den, he decided. "Malice, I was thinking of calling this place Riverrun," he spoke to her. He tried a bit of his weird/cute smile again. He still didn't have it down fully. The male's docked tail wiggled a bit. "And I made another discovery." After all this were all important things Malice needed to know.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
It was true that Malice was feeling a lot better. Not even a prison could break her spirits, but it did help to finally be free once again. She didn't blame Burke for asking if she wanted to join the Dark Brotherhood, for it was her stupid mistake to go with him. Not that she regretted it, though, for now they had this beautiful land all to themselves. Malice was almost prancing through the forest toward the den, close by that of Aeronwyn, one that fulfilled to all their needs. Vassago and Pyro would grow up here, she felt it in her bones.

A proud smile painted her scarred face as she placed Vassago near his little brother, who was still a little damp. She frowned, sniffing the darker child over. It wasn't saliva, that much she could tell, but what was it then? Before Burke could comment on anything, she asked. What happened to Pyro? He's all wet. She said as she gave the child a lick over his tiny body to straighten down his fur.

I knew you would like it. She said with a smile, happy to have pleased her man. Next part came a little unsuspected. RiverRun. Huh, that rolled off the tongue nicely. She liked it. That sounds nice. It really fits these mesmerizing views. She commented. Next her ears perked up. Please, do share. She said with a curious glint in her yellow eyes.  
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Feel free to post any time you want RavenMarie!

Burke inhaled softly when the watchful mother looked over her pup. The male looked at her with a bit of a deadpanned expression. "He fell into the river, but I was in time to save him," he stated without much impression, like it wasn't a big deal. Though it has scared him a little bit. But he wouldn't admit that ever.

The large male quirked up his lips and nodded, pleased that she liked the name. That was settled then. It did have a nice ring to it. "Well as I was looking through the territory for prey and while patrolling the borders I realized that there wasn't any scent of bunnies or any bunny droppings! So that probably means that there are no rabbits on this part of the land," he informed her. He did not know rabbits couldn't swim, or rarely did so. Which meant a common prey was not available here.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Ohmy... Malice breathed out, sliding the pup closer to her to lick him even more. Suicidal thought on such a young age is not normal, little one, no no no. She smothered the child in kisses and kept him in place with her left paw. I'm glad you could save him. She said, her words directed at Burke.

Malice looked up to listen to Burke. No rabbits? Well, at least we'll have fish. And who knows what other animals have found this place and now call it home. She answered, keeping Pyro close with one paw.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched how Malice belittled him and showered him with kisses. "Let me add that I called him and he ran away from me. You shouldn't reward him like that," he pointed out. Or smother him. He would want to kill himself if she would smother him with kisses like that. The male's eyes looked a bit strict. At least Vassago listened already, till a certain point. The pup still growled at him for growling at Pyro.

Burke nodded shortly. "The fish is abundant, and we have other bigger prey returning soon. Plus I smelled some raccoon while marking the borders, those are tasty too," he commented. The male lifted his head a bit. "We have a new recruit named Shink. I liked him, so that is saying a lot. But don't let him too close to our young yet," Burke spoke.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
T-They still don't hear very well. Malice tried to defend Pyro. He was the smallest of them all, someone had to step up for him. She sighed, softly letting the child go. At least his fur looked a little less messy now, which already felt a lot better. She was so lucky with her family, and now even the river was threat. Let's not let them near the rivers until they are old enough to understand rivers are dangerous. Malice proposed. Her ears drooped around her skull, her cheeks getting hot for some reason. They hadn't been alone together since the great escape.

She scooted closer to him, surprised that Burke knew of so much already. Malice had no real favorite food, so she was just happy to hear there was at least food. She nodded before the subject of a new recruit came. Shink? Huh, how nice of him to accompany us. She then shook her head in a no. Of course not. She said. Aeronwyn she trusted around her pups, but a strange mystery male like Shink she didn't. Aeronwyn and I talked a bit while marking the borders. She's actually really nice.
~Adopt Avalon!~

209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Vassago, put beside his brother, copied his mother and groomed Pyro for a short minute. All the while, his little blue eyes roamed, and though he had only short range vision, he could clearly see and smell the den Malice had marked as her own. It smelled like her, and within seconds the chestnut boy had made a break for it. They were close, and it wasn't like he really thought about Burke or Malice snatching him up, but instead rushed tripped right in. His paws seemed to tangle in each other, and he did a somersault into the place he would now call home. 
Sitting upwards and still, momentarily, the little troublemaker gazed around in awe. It was so BIG! And, though he'd never seen it before in his life, it smelled strongly of his mama. How was that? 
Oh, right, she'd been absent today, when daddy yelled at Pyro for getting into the water. Already it was in the back of Vass' mind, hidden in the shadows as his light of attention was pointed to the cave. He began to yip and bounce, poking his head out and fixing his eyes on @Pyro as if to call him in.

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke let out a snort. "Woman, they hear well enough and you know it," he commented towards Malice, it was not him trying to be mean but she shouldn't talk bullshit with him because he was not the guy for that. He argument was weak. They could not understand their words but they could understand the tone of how he said things. "I can agree with you on that," he commented and then laid down by the den. He was rather tired. He would soon locate to the inside of the den, as Vassago had vanished inside before him. But it was still nice weather outside so he rather enjoyed the sun a bit.

Malice shifted closer and Burke did lean against her. "Both are good recruits. They will be the founders with us. Hopefully they are here to stay," Burke commented on a certain tone. If they wouldn't then there was only one thing left to do, drown them in the river if they would show their face again after betrayal.
Life has a beautiful, crazy design
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Being yelled at was no fun. Although the little Tyke didn't yet understand a word of what his father said, he got the message just fine. Blue cold toys are, in fact, not toys, and they are bad. But as quick to forget as was a pup, Pyro was already itching to go back to playing with Vass when Burke found mommy.

Pyro rushed to her the moment he touched ground, and felt the love of her tongue (and his brother's) rolling over him as they licked the wet off of him. For a moment it felt good, but then they got to the skin under his belly, which caused him to shriek and jolt in giggles. It tickled! It was so funny but so uncomfortable Pyro didn't even know how to react.

After things calmed down, and the old guys had a senseless word-exchange, Pyro rushed behind his brother to explore the new den. It didn't take long for the little Tyke to decide that he absolutely loved it. It was so spacious and warm that Pyro felt more comfortable than ever. So much that showed it by peeing himself right in the middle of the cave. Ahh... That felt even better...
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
I know, I know... She sighed, letting her head droop down in fake sadness. Burke was so blunt it was funny to make him a little mad, and hopefully he couldn't see the grin on her scarred face. He must feel terrible for not saving Pyro before he got all wet. She was lucky to have him, for she herself would've never been able to save such a small pup in the river. Malice watched him lay down as little Pyro and Vassago darted in their new home, ready to explore with their senses that got a little better every day. She lay down next to Burke, this time behind him more to change things up, and rested her head on his neck. She sighed. The view was stunning from their den, and she couldn't wait for their little ones to grow even bigger and see this view even clearer.

We have truly found something amazing here. She commented dreamily. After long days spent locked inside a den, this almost felt like heaven. She frowned. I don't ever want one of the Dark Brotherhood to find us here. How about we do not let our recruits speak our real names outside of the borders? Word spreads easily, and if it reaches Blackfeather Woods, chances are they'll get us in no time.
~Adopt Avalon!~

209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Vassago was elated when Pyro joined him and at once decided that now was the time to mark what was theirs. No questions asked, the chestnut boy accepted his brothers movement and decided to copy him on the other side of the den. Standing tall and proud, tongue hanging out of his mouth, Vass loosed his own stream of urine onto the stone. This did feel good, no wonder Pyro was doing it! 
Yep, this was home! After he was done, the boy pranced on over to Pyro to cover him in sniffles and licks. What were they gonna do now? The older brother nibbled at the darker flank of his littermate, inviting play and swinging his head around to fix Pyro with playful puppy blue eyes.

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke nodded, only agreeing with her words because they had been lucky with this territory. It was a good distance away from the brotherhood too. He had escaped that without a scratch. He could be proud of that. It would be more than two to three days traveling, so he doubted that those wolves would go scout for him that far.

"Good idea. Even though I am not a fan of hiding we should come up with names that others, and we ourselves could use outside of the territory," he spoke, after all Malice made a valid point. Cicero was a very good spy and if he would find out where they were then they might not as long as they expected to live.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice had traveled further than what they had done just a few days back, but never was she hunted by some weird group of wolves that were all equally as mental as LuciferPeak wolves. At least her father had been so humane as to let her go. This time they had escaped. It was a good thing they did too; for if Potema would have got a grip on her kids, they'd all been eaten alive and sacrificed to this Meldresi. Okay, maybe they wouldn't have done that, but one could never be too sure.

Malice did not have to think long before a name plopped into her head. Her mother's; Absinthe. Always had she secretly admired the beautiful name her mother had been given, though never had she said it. She would wear it with proud and glory, the shine which her mother deserved. Absinthe. It was my mother's. She said softly. I think I would be giving the name the honor my mother so deserved. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was a bit surprised that she wanted to use her mother's name, all he knew was that she killed her on mother. Yet he was not commenting. Burke then had something in mind. He could use the name Sebastian, they looked alike, but that was also dangerous. Hm.. What name would he have instead of Burke. His second name was the one his son carried. Bastard.

"Yours sounds so fancy. I think I will go with... Thor... then," he spoke to Malice. He was not sure how he came to that name, but he might have heard it in passing and he liked them short names. Thor. Hm.. He still preferred Burke but if it was only a fake name. "Thor and Absinthe," he repeated. Sounded like a good cover. The male got to his feet. "Lets go to bed," he spoke after he stifled a yawn. He went inside their den. Pyro's pee by now soaked up by the ground. Burke laid down, and waited for Malice to lay next to him.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Her head moved proudly at the word fancy. Never would she describe her own mother with that, but her name did indeed sound beautiful. And somewhat she was proud to carry the name of her mother. Not that she was a scruffy-tawny old hack, but because they were related. The Lanius family was not big, or maybe it was-she didn't know what her brothers were up to- And so she would have to spread it. At least her young carried the Lanius pride.

Thor... Now when had she heard that? She had forgotten, for never had she payed any attention in the classes that the LuciferPeak provided to their young. She was sure she had heard it somewhere, but did not care either where. At least they will now not recognize us by name. She hummed softly as she followed Burke inside the den, her yellow eyes glinting at the sight of Pyro and Vassago. She lay down, curled up against Burke like the good old times and picked up both pups to lay them at her belly. Sleep sounded good.

Goodnight, Burke... And just as she was closing her eyes, she whispered in the softest tone she could manage; I love you...

-END?-
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke had placed his head down by the time Malice came into the den. His pale eyes followed her until she laid next to him. "Agreed," he spoke, and closed his eyes. It only took a moment later for him to snap them open again because she whispered I love you, or so he thought. Burke glanced to the side at her.

That was something else he had to face. Of course as he would be leading he would need a queen by his side, or well, he liked to have a queen by his side. He would talk with her about that later. Something to deal with later. When they were officially settled perhaps... Burke inhaled softly, trying to ignore he heard it. "Goodnight, Absinthe," he spoke in return, with a hint of a smile on his lips to hide the fact of her whispered confession he thought he heard.

-end-