Big Salmon Lake Fate whispers to the wolf; 'you can not withstand the storm'
32 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
After leaving Pyx behind in the mountains, Akazia and Jaida had continued on their path with a bit more of a spring in their step. The mother was still cautious though she knew now that not all the wolves in Teekon were wild savages, some had decency and kindness to them. Jaida too seemed to come out of her shell more, no longer keeping so close to Akazia or being fearful at every noise.

The child returned to her playful rompings as they moved, splashing in puddles and chasing any bugs they came across. While Jaida's antics amused Akazia, it often left her in need of grooming when they stopped for the day and exasperated Akazia at the same time. The two fell into a more comfortable routine, stopping to hunt their meals and to sleep at night. The press of finding somewhere before winter still lingered in her mind, the two would have to find somewhere eventually to settle and store food to survive the winter even if they didn't join a pack.

Still Akazia pressed on, certain there was some reason she felt the draw to travel west. It wasn't that crazy cultist's idea that Molech was drawing her but it was something. They stopped at a large lake, the sight of plump fish drawing Akazia's attention.

The mother crouched over the water, murmuring softly to her daughter to try as well and to be still until the fish was right beneath her. Akazia waited patiently, the reflective scales on a fish catching her eye as it swam right under her outstretched paw. With a jerk of her paw, 'Kazia slapped the fish up onto the bank before quickly biting into it to kill the fish.
You can break my soul, beat me, hurt me, kill me. But for the love of God, don't touch her.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Jaida had liked Pyx and had been a bit sad to see her go, though she soon got over it. Traveling with her mother held its own kind of adventure, Jaida was often intrigued by the landmarks they passed or slept at for the night. Her mother was good at picking secluded out of the way places that no one would bother them in. Jaida no longer hid by her mother's side, learning that not all the wolves were like the red people or the scary male. Some were like Ms. Pyx, kind. Thus Jaida often spent her days playing as she walked by her mother's side, sometimes including Mama in her make believe games as well.

Today they had stopped at a huge lake, one that seemed to stretch on forever to the small adolescent. Mother pointed out the fish to Jaida, the fluffy girl licking her chops at the thought of catching one of the juicy fish. The aquatic prey didn't seem effected by the famine given that they lived underwater and the underwater plants hadn't been eaten. No established packs claimed this lake which meant the fish were still abundant.

Jaida crouched, copying her mother's stance and outstretching a tiny paw. Watching Mama carefully, she tried to reenact the movements but her slap lacked the finesse of her mother's, she was too slow and Jaida's fish swam away safely with the rest of the school following behind.

Watching in sadness, Jaida's ears flattened as she turned to Mother. She felt bad taking any food from Mama, given that her mother always gave up food to make sure Jaida was full. It made her feel guilty but the child was ravenous after a day of traveling, glancing at her mother's food hungrily.
I think a lot, but I don't say much.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
The tiny femme had gone on yet another journey from her pack. Wolves, even Leto, had made themselves sparse, and she ought to do the same. And so she had journeyed east once more, to where she had met the wonderful woman, and further. The journey, due to its vast length, took her a couple of days, but it was well worth it. It meant that she didn't have to pretend to be loyal to the false king, didn't have to train and plan for the day they would overthrow him. It was, thankfully, a few days of blessed peace.

It was soon after her waking that she came across a pair, two women. Both had clean, pale pelts, though one of the two had wounds marring the pale fur. She simply watched them for a moment, as one of the two women flipped a fish out of the river. After deeming them to be of no obvious threat, she stepped toward them, features set to a kind but neutral expression. She chuffed a hello, wondering as to why these two women were travelling together. Sadly, should they be searching for a pack, she could be of no help as Kierkegaard prevented any from joining their ranks. At least until Minna and her rebellion overthrew him.
32 Posts
Ooc —
Akazia watched Jaida's failed attempts, smiling reassuringly when her daughter looked to her. "It's okay, Jay. You'll get it eventually." It was Jaida's first time fishing, Akazia knew everntually the youngster would learn how to fish. The mother tore off a chunk for herself, nudging the larger portion towards her child before gobbling it down.

Glancing up at the chuff, Akazia found the voice belonged to a petite female whom also unsurprisingly had a red coat. Her's was peppered with silver but still Akazia was wondering if all Teekon wolves had a red base, was she the only white adult in the land? It was beginning to seem that way with all the red wolves.

Smiling in a friendly way, Akazia returned the chuff. "Hello, I'm Akazia. This is Jaida, my daughter." Akazia gestured to the yearling by her side, whom was busy stuffing her face hungrily with the fish.
You can break my soul, beat me, hurt me, kill me. But for the love of God, don't touch her.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Mother reassured her but Jay still felt bad as the adult pushed the larger portion to her. Still, Jaida dug in hungrily at the scent, feeling full before she could finish. The child had thoughts of giving it back to Mama to eat when a stranger entered, chuffing in greeting. Jaida moved to nudge her mother, drawing her attention to the stranger but it wasn't necessary.

Jaida was silent as her mother introduced them, glancing to Mama for permission to approach the stranger shyly. She stopped a few feet away, laying down the last piece of fish before moving back to her mother. "Hello." Jaida spoke, knowing Mama would want her to greet the stranger. "That's for you."
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna smiled at the woman, returning her introduction. "Greetings, Akazia, and Jaida. My name is Minna." her eyes fell onto the little pup, a little chubby, proof that her mother must dot on her. The pair seemed close, they must be to survive this famine. Still, the green was returning rapidly, to her delight; a night ago she could have sworn she had scented a deer. Perhaps she would lead her packmates on a pack hunt sometime. 

The little girl surprised her, by offering her a portion of her own meal. Looking to Akazia quickly, unsure if she were to take it, she offered a wide smile to the girl. "Thank you, Jaida. That's very kind of you!"
32 Posts
Ooc —
Akazia smiled as the woman introduced herself, sensing this woman was like Pyx. Nodding to Jaida as if to give permission that she could move closer, she watched with approval as Jay greeted Minna and gave her the remainder of the fish. 

"It's nice to meet you Minna. May I ask you which pack you're from? I can smell it but it doesn't quite smell like another we met from Moonspear." Akazia explained, unsure if it would be rude to ask such a thing.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Jaida smiled bashfully, moving back after receiving thanks from Minna. She wasn't quite so frightened around strangers but the yearling still held a shyness around people. It was natural for her, given that she spent most of her time with her mother growing up. 

"Oh that was Ms. Pyx, she was very nice. You kinda look like her, do all the wolves here have red fur?" Jay asked, a bit more up front than her mother. All they had encountered were red wolves though Minna wasn't quite as red. How odd it would be if she and Mama were the only white wolves around.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
The woman spoke again, Minna chewing a bite of the fish as she spoke. She quite liked fish, however, was horrible at catching them. After the woman finished, Minna hesitated a moment before speaking. "I'm from Rosings, a pack nestled at the base of the mountains." She stopped, and sighed. "Where times different, and you looking for a home, I might have led you there, but pack politics have been...violent." she said softly, sadness flickering briefly across her gaze. She hated being kept apart from her packmates in order to attempt to not rouse suspicion, but would stand it for as long as it took.

Turning her attention to the girl, who she judged to be perhaps only 6 months old or so, perhaps 8, she smiled. This girl was sweet, and Minna answered her question in a kind tone. "Nope, not just red. White, black, brown, beige...there are many different pelt colours here, honey."
32 Posts
Ooc —
Akazia nodded sympathetically, feeling sorry for the girl and her pack's turmoil. "I'm sorry to hear that but thank you anyways," she murmured, feeling she should give thanks to the kind woman for offering even if she could unfufill it.

Akazia too had been curious if all the wolves here were red or red toned but had been resigned to finding out herself. Leave it to Jaida to ask so forthrightly. Akazia nodded, keeping Minna's words in minds. Maybe it was just coincidence that all the wolves they had come across were red.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Jaida was curious about Minna's pack and its violence but was smart enough not to ask that question. She might be forward but she wasn't rude or cruel. It was obvious Minna was upset about it and so Jay left it alone. 

"Oh," was all she could find to say, slightly surprised and wondering when she would meet another white wolf.