Broken Antler Fen The World Was Wide Enough
Darkness exists to make light truly count
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Odette was very interested with her new home.  It was very different... in a good way though.  The sleeping arrangements were very different, but it really seemed to help bind an the pack closer together as a family and the layout of the land was so much more different compared to Silvertip Mountain.  For one reason.  Broken Antler Fen was a Fen, Silvertip Mountain was a mountain.  Still it felt wierd to not feel the ground start to rise beneath her paws, because a piece of her missed that feeling, but Odie ignored any urge to go back to Silvertip.  Sebastian, Pearl and the rest of the pack were much better than that place.  So much better.  Plus she doubted that she would have a friendly welcome if she went back.  Steady would probably be angry with her for leaving him, as he had once claimed that he didn't know what he would do without her, and she was sure that other members would be upset with her upon her return if she ever did for various reasons.

Silvertip for bad though.  They had cannibalized her Mother.  Never would she forget that image, nor Solemn's or anyone other innocent being who happened to die in the course of her lifetime.  Odette's character was just built that way.  Every innocent life that was taken would affect her.  Would mark her.  Forever.  No matter how hard she tried to push that trait away, it would always be there.

Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy's leg hurt less and less each day, and with Sebastian's bandage on it she'd been extra careful. His words of losing her leg rang though her head each time she did anything more than walk, so she'd been easy on herself physically. In the past few days, she'd been sleeping outside the Cove, preferring the silence and solidarity of her and Aduins den in their almost-regrown grotto. Today she was only out to stretch her legs, and happened across Seb's daughter. 
The copper female wondered if Odette was supposed to be out of the Cove or not, but didn't push it. She'd simply keep the pup safe for the time being. Nothing else to do anyways, plus the aspiring beta was intent on meeting and bonding with every packmember. Would the alphas pick someone to help them soon, or did she have time to prove she would do a good job?
        "Hello, Odette. I'm Brandy."
She knew the little ones name only from the pack meeting, and was unsure if her own was common knowledge: so she made it so as she padded closer with a smile on her maw.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Odette spun around as soon as she heard the bronze wolf's greeting, startled.  Her instincts told her to run, but she didn't because suddenly she noticed that she recognized this wolf.  She had been at the pack meeting when Odette had meet everyone.  Yet Odie couldn't remember whether this bronze female's name had ever come up.  She didn't think so, yet it was still possible.

"H-hi."  Odette squeaked back a greeting.  "You're f-from the meeting r-right?"  Odie stuttered nervously.  She wondered how long this bronze wolf had been here.  Did she still have a family?  Odette hoped so, she didn't want anyone else to be an orphan.  Despite Seb and Pearl kinda taking on the parent roles in her life, her true parents would always be Zaria and FitzDutiful.  Always.

Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The little pup was startled, and Brandy lowered herself immediatley. Laying down across from Odette, the copper girl smiled, tail wagging. The brown pup recognized her, thankfully, and Brandy gave an affirming nod. 
             "I was, yes. I would have come to say hello but I figured you were overwhelmed enough."
 Being around a tiny wolf made her think of her own future kids. How far away was that? They would be with Aduin, right? She loved him, she wanted them to be his, but would life allow such things? Only time could tell. Brandy pulled herself back to now to listen to Odette, doing her best to take her mind off of all her own issues. 
                       "Are you fitting in well?"
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Odette was relieved when the bronze female lowered herself to the ground.  It just made the female look so much less intimidating this way.  Then the bronze female began to speak, answering her question with a yes and then explain why she didn't come over to say hello.  Odie nodded.  It made enough sense, because she had been overwhelmed enough during that meeting.

Then the wolf was silent for a little bit before speaking again, this time asking if she was fitting in well.  Odette was not sure how to answer that.  Everyone seemed to well... adore her, but now that thought about she didn't really know anyone.  Sure she knew some names, but she didn't know there story's or where they come from.  She didn't fully know anyone here.  Although she had to admit that Pearl and Sebastian where now seeming to be her adoptive parents so she sorta knew them, she didn't fully know anyone.  Wanting to keep her answer to the bronze female short and sweet, Odie quietly responded.  "No, I d-don't know a-anyone's story h-here."  The fluffy pup replied.

Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
It seemed to help a little bit, in truth, but apparently the little one wasn't as comfortable here as Brandy'd hoped. 
She had to fix that. 
Smiling, the copper girl launched into her own story. It wasnt right for Odette to feel not at home in her HOME, after all. Putting one paw on the other, feathery tail waving behind her. This was a good distraction, right?
            "Well, then here's mine: My mother gave birth to me and my siblings a little over a year ago, in a pack called Midnight Shadow. I didn't know the place, my siblings didn't survive, and it was hours later that Ambrosia took me and left. For seven whole months we traveled the lands, keeping to ourselves. We tried joining a few places when I got older, but we kept getting turned down or betrayed in each. Finally, we made it to the Teekons."
Stopping for a moment, Brandy paused for breath and turned her lemon eyes on Odette to see what she thought. After a second, she finished. She didn't tell her what fate befell her siblings or that it was connected to the scars marking her eye. 
                              "Sebastian found us at the lake, and offered us a home. This place is home now, and my aunt's son, Embry, he found us not long ago."
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Odette found herself saddened by Brandy's story.  Her siblings were gone much like Odie's were, except Brandy could never see them again.  Odette would never see Solemn or June again, but she could possibly see Stoic or Adeline again.  Maybe.  Yet she was still seperated from her family, she was alone familywise here in Broken Antler Fen.  She had Sebastian and Pearl of course... but it would never truelly be the same.

"I'm sorry to hear that."  Odie  said quietly.  "Two of my own siblings died along  with my parents, I am unsure of where my other two siblings are."  Odette told Brandy, sharring a piece of her story with the yearling.  She wondered where Adeline was though, she had not seen Addy at the scene of there Mother's death, but who knew maybe Adeline had found out and gotten far far away from that place.  Maybe not.

Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Odette had a story semi close to her own, but the pup had to actually go through life and see it all. Brandy was glad she'd never known her family, for it pained her mother a great deal to be away from them and the yearling knew it.
            "They're in a better place, not suffering from the hunger of famine now. Healthy, happy, and perhaps they'll watch over you."
She wasnt a religious girl, but liked to believe the ones lost still watched over them, like angels. Right or wrong, it gave her comfort that she hoped to pass to Sebastians adopted daughter.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Brandy's response was comforting and she wanted to believe the same herself, but what if death brought nothingness, you were just gone forever.  The thought deeply scared her and she did not want that to be true yet deathh had many possibilities.  Rebirth into a new life, dancing in the stars, becoming a ghost, going to a place that was or was similar to heaven, watching over your descendants from up above as Brandy had said or maybe something happened that no one could ever give words for.  The unexplainable, well in ways that was what death was.  No one knew what truelly happened, although their were religous beliefs and all that in the end death led on to the unexplainable, something that nobody could probably ever predict until they died themselves.

Odette made no response to Brandy, just timidly staring at the ground.  She hoped that whatever had happened to Solemn, June, her Father, her Mother and anyone else who had succumbed to the fate of death had gotten a happy ending after their end in whatever death led to.  Her eyes stayed on the ground, thinking about her family.

Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Unawares of the little girls thoughts, Brandy hoped and liked to think that she'd helped. She believed it herself, of course, assuming that her siblings were the ones watching over her from, well, wherever. Her father popped into her mind every now and again soon, but there had never been a decision to hope he was watching her or not. She knew what'd happened, naturally, but did that mean Midnight didn't love her? Would he have, if he'd have survived and somehow been able to see the babies?
Odette stayed quiet though, and there was no way to really be sure. Brandy's head sunk lower, slowly, and eventually her tongue flicked out to preen gently at the little ones shoulder for comfort. Should Odie let the yearling keep going, she'd likely get an almost full bath.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Brandy began to groom her and Odie continued to think about death.  Had her family felt pain as they died?  Unimaginable pain?  Perphaps, but maybe not.   Maybe they had just slowly drifted off  and the next thing they knew they were dead.  Odette wasn't too sure that she really wanted to find out though.  Not yet at least.

She stayed silent for a few minutes more before she finally spoke up again.  This time deciding that she wanted to go on a little walk to clear her mind, therefore take her leave.  "I'm going to go take a walk Brandy... thank you for talking to me though."  With that Odette began to pad away to take a little time to herself to think.