Silverlight Terrace And the wolf whispers back, 'I am the storm.'
32 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Zaavier I'm not sure how far south you guys are going but I thought I'd move them a bit north if you want to meet them here

It was midday when the tiny family had stopped, Akazia grabbing Jaida by the scruff gently to stop her from bounding off as she chased a butterfly. The mother rolled her eyes at the child's antics, rubbing against her daughter affectionately. The land around them had seem to recover fully from whatever disaster had taken place, the foliage and animals returning in full. Hunting was easier and Akazia took advantage of that opportunity, gaining back whatever weight she had lost. Jaida too had recovered, pleasing the young mother greatly.

Catching the nearby scent of raccoon, she tapped Jay's foreleg to warn her to be quiet. Crouching down into a hunter's position, she moved silently through the undegrowth and towards the weasel relative. Jaida followed after, serious for once and mimicking her mother's stance. The two came across the creature as it washed a dead fish in the water, a strange habit that most raccoons seemed to have. 

Creeping up silently, Akazia leapt from the brush and snatched the creature up by its leg with a snap. Stepping back and dropping the raccoon, 'Kazia allowed Jaida to rush forward and snap the mammal's neck. Most wolf packs wouldn't allow a yearling, especially one as puppy-like as Jaida, make the kill on any creature. Jay had a rare opportunity to learn that most young ones of her stature wouldn't have gotten in a crowded pack and was showing aptitude for becoming a fine hunter one day.

The mother licked her child's head in pride, the two digging into their lunch with wagging tails.
You can break my soul, beat me, hurt me, kill me. But for the love of God, don't touch her.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Jay stopped at the grasp of her scruff, glancing up at her mother with a small giggle before she was suddenly hushed. The girl perked up, sniffing the air curiously and catching the same scent her mother had. Feeling a small surge of excitement, Jaida mimicked her mother's stance as she followed slightly behind. 

Cocking her had at the curious behavior of the raccoon, Jaida watched as her mother broke the raccoon's leg, absorbing the movements and tactics like a mini sponge. Following Mama's beckoning, Jay scampered forward and grabbed the bandit masked weasel by the neck and gave a harsh bite. The raccoon fell limp and Jay dropped it, beaming at her mother in pride.

Mama licked her head, nudging the fluffy girl towards the raccoon and digging in.
I think a lot, but I don't say much.
If "Plan A" doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.
155 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Appologies for the late reply! I will be busy the rest of this week, but after that, I should be pretty cleared up! <3

The large king padded through the meadow, his broad shoulders rolling as he walked. His wound was beginning to scab over, and he knew it would leave a very large scar. Thuringwethil had got him good, and had tore a good hunk of flesh and muscle from his already damaged shoulder. It had mostly closed, leaving only a few small spots of pink, inflamed flesh. The fur around it was ragged and crusty with dried blood, as the wound had never seemed to stop bleeding until it began to scab. 

Large ears pricked as the immense creature heard the screeching cries of a raccoon. A raccoon? He lowered his head to the ground, searching around for a scent trail. His tail raised as he finally found a trail. Instead of a raccoon trail however, he had stumbled upon the scent of a wolf -- or two. He followed it on silent paws, despite his size, and soon found them feasting on a dead raccoon. That must have been why the masked creature had called out. The brute's stomach rumbled, but he had no intention of stealing away their well earned meal.

One wolf was white, and obviously feminine. The other was a female too,  just reaching the brink of adulthood. Her pale fur was still downy, but she was almost at her full height. He guessed she had just turned one. He flashed them a warm smile as he approached, tail wagging to show off his friendliness. "Hey there," he rumbled, eyes warm and soft.

32 Posts
Ooc —
that's okay, I'm just happy they get to meet finally!

Immersed in the meal, Akazia hadn't noticed anyone appearing and scolded herself internally for that. Just because Minna and Pyx had been kind didn't mean that others wouldn't be like the Molech worshippers. She turned towards the other, a rather tall male with thin muscles like her own and a russet-grey pelt that didn't surprise her. Most of the wolves they had encountered had been red or reddish in color, this male was no different. An initial wariness entered her eyes, ingrained in her from her past experiences of males, though it faded slightly at his friendly expression.

Brushing Jaida's hip with her tail as she turned, Akazia dipped her head in greeting. "Hello there. I am Akazia and this is Jaida." Akazia introduced as she often did when meeting new people, figuring it would be obvious her relation to Jay given that the yearling was a mini carbon copy of herself. 

Don't touch her and I'll be civil towards you. The mother hoped he understood what she was trying to communicate silently with her glance, a wary once-over of him revealing he was already wounded like herself but his was far worse. "What brings you here, the raccoon? You may have some if you wish." Akazia offered, nudging the carcass towards him a bit in case he was hungry.
You can break my soul, beat me, hurt me, kill me. But for the love of God, don't touch her.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Jaida had been munching happily on the fruits of their labor, not noticing the wolf until he spoke just as her mother did. Jay turned with Mother, eyes widening slightly at just how tall the male seemed. He loomed over her mother and was practically giant to the short yearling. She hadn't had much experience with males given their nomadic lifestyle, the only two she had met had been recurring figures in her nightmares which were less often now. 

Mother didn't seem to be afraid of this man, though she brushed her tail against Jaida in a cautionary gesture. Jay watched the man with guarded eyes as her mother spoke with him, nudging the raccoon towards him. Ms. Pyx had said not all wolves were bad but the yearling had trouble remembering that now when faced with another male.

Jaida didn't go so far as to hide behind her mother but she slid a bit closer, hazel eyes locked on the stranger warily in case someone else made to attack Mama once more.
155 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
They both turned around. He nodded to each in turn with a warm smile, listening to their introductions. Akazia and Jaida. Zaavier mouthed the names silently as if tasting them upon his tongue. They were nice names.. beautiful. "Hello Akazia, Jaida." He spoke softly, meeting both girls' gaze. "I'm Zaavier." 

She sent him a harsh glance, and someway, somehow, he immediately recieved the message. She must've been treated harshly beforehand, and the enormous brute completely understood. He stepped forward, a tiny step as to not seem threatening. "I mean no thread," he added, ears pricked in interest. Akazia offered him part of the raccoon, and he shook his head in denial. "I wasn't the raccoon per say, more of it's cries that drew me over. Some wolf was attacking it, and I wanted to meet whoever it was. Luckily for me, I came across you lovely ladies," He gave Akazia a wink to let her know he was joking, plonking himself down on his rump. "I'd rather save that raccoon for you two, you need it." 

He let them eat, and possibly finish their meal before speaking again. "So what brings you around these parts?"

32 Posts
Ooc —
Akazia had never been good with males, her own father had been a shit parent to put it nicely. Beyond that, Akazia hadn't much experience with the opposite sex outside her brute of an ex husband and the ones she had encountered here. He took a step forward and she tensed, watching him warily but soon calmed as he  reassured her, sitting where he was. 

Akazia simply blinked at him, unsure if he was flirting or if that was simply the way all males were here, or perhaps just Zaavier. A small smile, rare for the closed off mother, crossed her face as she came to realize that he meant his words. She wouldn't find any threat from this male at least. 

Nudging her daughter silently, The two finished off what remained of their meal. Akazia still kept an eye on Zaavier, aware that just because he didn't seem like to attack them didn't mean she should let her guard down. 

"We're travellers. Nomads if you wish. There was no reason to come this way, we just did," Akazia tried to explain, it was just life for the tiny family.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Jay watched the man warily, not speaking yet though her mother didn't seem to mind him. She had inherited her ineptitude with males from her mother, the only two she had ever met had attacked her mother and Jaida wasn't so sure this one wasn't going to. 

Jay kept close as mother nudged her, moving to finish the raccoon meal quickly before returning to watch the tall man, Zaavier as he called himself. Mother spoke of how they travelled, how they didn't have any reason to come to this particular area. 

"Why?" Jaida spoke up bluntly, wondering why Zaavier was so interested in what they were doing here. It wasn't meant to be rude, Mama wouldn't tolerate that, only direct.
155 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Zaavier watched with an intent expression as they finished off their meal. Tail thumped against the ground as she spoke to him. She avoided telling him her name, which was all fine and dandy for now. Ears pricked as she mentioned that they were nomads. They are lone wolves. All wolves need packs, whether they know it or not. It was like an instinct that was drilled into each wolves brain. Maybe they would join him, especially because she had a child to care for.

The yearling spoke, asking why Zaavier wanted to know. He smiled at her andm opened his mouth to answer her. "I wanted to know if you needed a home or not. I am starting a pack and you could join us if you'd like." He told her, tail swishing.

32 Posts
Ooc —
Akazia too was wondering why he was curious, though she had never been as forward as her daughter. She turned to Jaida and nudged her as if to say, 'be nice.' Akazia turned back to Zaavier as he spoke, surprised as yet another wolf offered her a group to join. Pyx had been unable to guarantee her a place but it still had been an offer.

Akazia pondered the notion, sifting through the possible consequences. There was a safety in numbers surely, it would be safer for Jaida if they had a group around. The mother had yet to teach Jaida how to fight, given the girl hadn't yet begun to develop muscles. It wasn't as if many would be willing to take such a wolf in as Jaida, already a yearling and unable to do much. Especially if the pack already had young ones of their own.

Before she could agree however, Akazia had to know something. "Your group, is there any in it that practice a religion? A cult-like religion?" Her tone was wary yet curious for if he could not assure her there wasn't, the small family would go nowhere.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Jaida felt the nudge but didn't respond, listening as the man spoke directly to her which was unexpected. Most directed their words to her mother even if she was the one who had spoken. Jay felt a small shift towards the male, a bit of respect that he could speak to her directly. 

It was obviously Mother's choice if they went or not, just as it had been when Ms.Pyx had offered them a place in Moonspear. Jaida had been afraid to go to Moonspear in fear there would be more males there but now found she wanted to go join this group. They were loners like them, it made sense that the pair would go with them.
155 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Akazia questioned him once again, her tone wary. He looked at her for a moment, wondering if she was joking. "Nope," he reassured her, shaking his head. "None that I'm aware of." he joked, tail swishing with friendliness. He was telling the truth, his wolves practiced no religion. His wolves were allowed to have their own beliefs, but they did not practice one as a whole. That's the whole reason why he left his old pack in the first place. Zaavier is not a religious man.

His eyes swept from Jaida to Akazia and back again, awaiting the white woman's decision. The air was crackling with energy, but Zaavier didn't care. He just hoped she would come along, as they were both able bodies that seemed to be loyal.

32 Posts
Ooc —
Akazia nodded, having made her mind up as he finished speaking. Still, she tried to think of any way this could go bad or endanger her daughter. Unable to think of a reason, the pale fey shifted slightly in decision, squaring her shoulders resolutely. 

"We will come with you then," she conceded, glancing to Jay to see her thoughts on the matter. Akazia got to her feet, moving to Zaavier and sniffing him to familiarise with his scent since they would be traveling together.

"Lead the way," Akazia murmured softly, gesturing for Jaida to follow. Worry wrinkled her brow slightly, concerned with joining this new group even with the excitement of having found her people.
27 Posts
Ooc —
you can archive if you want or reply again

Jaida watched her mother blankly, giving no encouragement or discouragement to the decision to be made. She wanted to go with this group, Zaavier seemed like the least scary male she had met as of yet, besides she wanted to meet his pack. Perhaps there would be other wolves her age to play with. 

Mother agreed, Jaida's face breaking out in a grin and her tail wagging eagerly. Her head cocked as her mother sniffed Zaavier, having never seen her do that, but with a shrug she too moved forward to sniff him. He was very tall and Mother seemed to be a head shorter than him, Jaida barely reaching his shoulder.

Jaida moved alongside her mother, following after the other two as they were led to the group.