Ankyra Sound Try not to be antisocial
56 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
come meet Bain!
With his recent acceptance to the pack, Bain decided it would be best to meet some of the wolves he would be spending the majority of his life with. However, he wasn't the best at starting conversations, so he waited. He could come off as a bit brash and just a little overbearing when it came to first impressions, and had already proven that to Kjalarr when he came off just a bit too strong at their first meet. Bain decided to wait, not wanting to make another mistake; he would be in a lot of trouble if he slipped up again.

He looked around for anyone to talk to. He was a social butterfly but just didn't know how to get there, and the moments where he thought of starting conversations were quite distressing. The coywolf sat and pondered, his mind drifting to his father. Was the man even in a pack? Well, Bain was in one, and he wished his father could see him now. Maybe he would be impressed, though Bain doubted it. He let his thoughts shift off of his father for once and sat up straighter, hoping to catch the attention of a passerby.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
The famine had ended, at last, but Ondine wasn't in a good mood because of that. She was finally one with the sea again, the siren's home. She hummed quietly. Into the sea, hold you close to me, slide neath the waves, down into the caves. She gracefully walked near the coast, her blood covered face and her one aqua blue eye pointed toward the sky for once. Perhaps her singing would attract someone to share this day with. Kiss me my love, come rest in my arms, dream your dreams with me, slide beneath the sea. Her bi-colored eyes now rested upon a stranger in the distance who she had only smelled before. She smiled.

Come to me my love, forget the land above. She ended her song and sat down in the moist sand to look at the young male for some time. She was not going to approach him, not yet.
"I simply... Don't remember."
56 Posts
Ooc —
A voice reached him before a face did. It was a dreamy sort of noise, beautiful but somewhat ominous. It melted in with the waves, quiet yet very easy to hear. Bain's fur was ruffled, and he looked around for the source. He caught the scent of someone from his pack, and he let his worries wash away. Someone from his newfound pack would not try to attack him, and he wanted to meet some new wolves anyway. Bain's gaze landed on a she-wolf in the distance, striking in more ways than one. Her muzzle seemed bloody, the colors clashing with her blue eyes.

Curious, Bain decided to walk a bit closer. Once he was a few steps in front of her, he decided to keep his respectful distance and sit down. The coywolf dipped his head down as a sign of repsect for his pack mate. "My name is Bain, and you?" The male asked politely, his gaze flitting to the she-wolf before staring back down at his feet.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
It was true that the siren was a sight, but never had she seen herself as ugly. Far from it- if she was being honest. Sure, she was a little strange, but perhaps some boys liked that. Her tail swished high from side to side in a wave-like motion as she sat there, waiting for the stranger's approach. She thought she recognized the male, but she couldn't be sure. Finally, he came her way, and she swore she wasn't nervous as all. She blinked her bi-colored eyes as he sat down and a nice smile settled upon her feminine features. He soon looked away though, giving the impression that he was scared of her. She tipped her head. If he was scared of her, why come closer?

It is my pleasure to meet you, Bain. She said in her British singing voice. I am Ondine Água, nice to meet you. Her cheeks soon became hot and she looked away in embarrassment. I already said that... She mumbled softly. She decided to brush it off and keep the conversation going. What do you seek so close to the sea? 
56 Posts
Ooc —
"Hello Ondine," the gangster smiled. This she-wolf had appeared to be a mysterious siren at first, but was proving to be a more approachable female than he had thought. He watched as she trailed off, face becoming hot. Was it something he did? Hopefully that wasn't the case. Behind the bloody first-glance, she was sort of sweet in a way. "It's a pleasure to meet you too," Bain added with a wink. His shameless efforts to seem appealing were his trademark.

The conversation was quickly switched to something else, and Bain simply followed along with it. "I don't really know," the coywolf answered. "I suppose I joined because a pack seemed like a family, or something of the sort. I belonged to a gang in my early years, so I'm more used to that than being a lone wolf."
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
She nodded at his greeting, even though she found the conversation still a little awkward. What if this was her future mate and she made this first impression on him? Would he leave her with their kids to care for? Oh hell no, he would not. His wink caught her off-guard though, especially since she had never got extra attention from a male back at home. Was he flirting with her, or was he all natural? She wasn't sure about him at all, he could very well be faking it all.

He explained, though it did not explain why he was here. Perhaps she had to be more specific when asking questions. An explanation from her was not asked for, but she still felt like sharing it. My friend lives here, so I followed. Though it does help that the sea has a natural calling for me. The siren said. She blinked a few times. Do you know Slancio?
56 Posts
Ooc —
He listened to Ondine's reason of joining, realizing he wasn't the most specific when delivering his own. Should he clarify what he had said? Oh well, it was too late now. Bain's attention snapped back to the present when he heard a question directed towards him. "Slancio? I'm afraid not," the gangster answered, trying to match a face to the name.

The coywolf was somewhat perplexed when Ondine said she was drawn to the sea. He hadn't heard of someone having a natural calling to a place, but he supposed it made sense."I do enjoy the sea as well. It just seems like the right place to live by -- I'd rather live near the open ocean than high up on a mountain," Bain added in agreement.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Perhaps Slancio wasn't the most popular of the pack, which would explain why this Bain didn't know him. She found him to be intriguing, but perhaps not everyone saw him as she did. Oh? Well, he lives here among us. He's very nice, I recommend you seeking him out once. She said with a puzzled face. She didn't know what she felt toward Slancio, but it was a lie that she loved him or anything. She liked him, but not like that.

Perhaps being born near the sea bound her to the shore, though it could be anything that made her return to the waves every time. It was a bond she could not break, for to do so would bring mum's spirit to haunt her, or so she believed. Mountains do look fun from afar. She said. Though I'm terrified of being so high. She giggled nervously at only the thought of being on a mountain, feeling her body shudder.
56 Posts
Ooc —
The gangster raised a brow. "Perhaps I should seek him, he seems a lovely fellow," Bain responded while trying to picture Slancio. He shook his head, turning his attention to other things. 

"I suppose I've had my handful of strolls in the mountains," the coywolf thought aloud, reminiscing on his past journeys. He had met his father near them, but that was a story for another day. Bain grinned when Ondine spoke of her fear of heights -- he had not expected that, but it wasn't like he possesed some power to read others.

"I bet you're tougher than you think," he grinned, nudging the female a bit. Though he seemed as if he were merely jesting, Bain took her words into consideration, and decided to add a few words. "I suppose we all have our fears, though."
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
He is. She said, rather dreamily. She quickly snapped out of it though, shaking her head. Not in that way, eheh. She said, closing her eyes embarrassed. Slancio was nice and a good companion, but she didn't feel a magnetic pull toward him at all times- her description of love.

You've never fallen off, have you? She said, kind of shocked that he had even attempted going up those really big rocks. He seemed to be amused by something, and Ondine was so humble that she looked behind her to see of something funny was going on there. She returned her gaze to him, confused and somewhat dazzled. 

His nudge only added to the confusion. Was he encouraging her to go up those scary things? Thehe, better not try my abilities now. She said, her ears lowering in awkwardness. I mean, what if I slip and fall down to break three legs and then have to stumble to some place where they can fix me- only to find out it had been a trap all along and they dismember me right on the spot! She rambled, and froze. Or something... She mumbled.
56 Posts
Ooc —
Bain raised a brow when Ondine checked behind her for something he didn't know if. It seemed she had merely misread the situation, causing another amused grin to slip to his features. By the way Ondine reacted to this Slancio fellow's mention, the gangster was intrigued. However, he pushed those thoughts to the side when the ghostly white woman asked him a rather alarming question.

"No, I have never fallen off," Bain said. "That's like asking a wolf who strayed to the ocean if they have drowned. Of course, each place has its dangers, but it's your choice to take the risk," he mused aloud, gazing off to nowhere in particular. "The mountains are not my sort of place, but they aren't all that horrible. Maybe we could go sometime and see how scary it really is," he grinned, glancing at Ondine. Chances were, she would probably turn that offer down in a heartbeat.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
She could almost swear that she was blushing under the coat of blood and white fur. What was so amusing about her that it made the man grin? Was there something stuck in her coat? She looked at what she could see of her own white pelt, but only spotted some sand on her feet. This was weird and somewhat awkward- a perfect explanation of her, if she was being honest.

My family wanted to drown me, so what if another family wanted to throw their kid off a cliff? She questioned bluntly. Drowning children had been normal back at home, though perhaps these wolves weren't her former pack's kind. Her eyes got wide at his next words. Duh-uh-uh.... She stuttered for a moment with her mouth open. On the one paw it could be some romantic trip, on the other hand she could die. Risk taking.. is that sexy? Sure. She puffed out her chest proudly. Though if I fall and die, I'll haunt you till the end of your days.
56 Posts
Ooc —
sorry if my responses don't make sense--I'm trying my best to catch up on mobile while on vacation!
Bain raised a brow at Ondine's blunt statement, though he was more attentive to the first half of it--the part about her nearly drowning.Well, it seems you didn't die. If a pup gets thrown off a cliff, it may just get back up. The gangster wasn't the best when it came to comforting words and hoped he didn't sound like a fool. He flashed her a grin as she stammered, mouth hanging agape.

"Oh, you're going to go?"Bain asked, not able to contain his excitement. "And you can try and haunt me, but I'm not sure if you'd want to."He said to the she-wolf, flashing her another grin.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Pfft, my kind doesn't just drown. She answered vaguely, her one eye sparkling with mystery. His grin somehow made her blush again, her looking away with a goofy smile. It was not every day she had conversations with someone as attractive as Bain. With Slancio, it was different. He was nothing more than a friend, and she hoped he got that. Not that she thought of herself beautiful enough to fall in love with, but no one could deny her her dreams.

I'll trust in your ability to help me conquer my fears. She answered honestly with a slight nervous twitch of her both ears. She just didn't want to look like a chicken, for that really didn't fit her bloody "make-up". I'll haunt you till the point of insanity. Insane wolves are fun. She said as she blinked a few times, drying to get a bit of sand out of her eye that had been blown in.
56 Posts
Ooc —
"Oh? You sound fairly certain of that. Not sure if I have the guts to test it," Bain mused, catching the mysterious glint in her eye. Perhaps there was something else there that he did not know of. He pretended to seem preoccupied when Ondine looked away, knowing full and well that she was blushing too much to make eye contact. 

"I hope I live up to your expectations, then. I'm not a miracle worker, but I can do a damn good job," the gangster drawled, rolling his shoulders back in a shrug. 

He couldn't help but grin again when the girl spoke. "Insane or not, I wouldn't mind the company. Anyway, you wouldn't want to haunt poor little me, would you?" 
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
She smirked, nose twitching. Of course she was sure. Sirens were made for the sea, it would be embarrassing if she would just drown one day. Falling off a mountain sounded way more glorious and bold!... And more terrifying too. Well, anything was better than burning to death. Wait, what was this conversation about again? Y-you better not test it! She exclaimed with hot cheeks, making up scenarios about Bain kidnapping her under a full moon and throwing her into the sea. Maybe it sounded fun in her head, but she was sure it would be hella awkward if she survived.

You sound fairly sure yourself... She said, pulling up a frowning face with a suspicious look. I am a struggler, and I will fight in stressed situations. Just a heads-up before our trip... TO DEATH!  She said dramatically, fake-fainting, letting her body fall to the ground with both her eyes closed. She blinked her black eye open to see if he was impressed with her drama skills, getting back up soon after.

There was something about his grin that -she could not deny- was attractive enough to be in her dreams. His words somewhat flattered the romantic, already planning out her life after death haunting him. Could one have a spirit mate? If it meant spending more time with you after my horrible, bloody and glorious death- I would haunt you forever.
56 Posts
Ooc —
He grinned. Perhaps it would be wiser to listen to her and not push his limits, seeing that he was much more likely to drown than she. He loved the ocean, but admittedly wasn't the best. At least he could stay afloat for a while instead of sinking like a rock. "You're right, perhaps I shouldn't," he surrendered. 

He grinned as she spoke again, seemingly more flamboyant than before. Her display of theatrics was not only funny, but almost a bit...cute. "I must admit, that was quite the display," the gangster grinned, watching as the female got back up from her faux death scene.

Her next words caught the male off-guard, skin burning hotly under his fur. Bain knew he was the charming type--or at least his ego led him to believe him so...but this was not what he had expected. The male had only just met her, but found himself tracing her with his gaze every so often. In fact, he was doing so right at the moment, an awkward silence falling between the two.

The male pulled himself away, leveling his gaze with hers as a playful grin spread across his lips. "Well, the thought just sends shivers down my spine," he mused, hoping his play on words was clever enough to even sound cool.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
I'll be going on a short vacation tomorrow. I'll be back on next Monday- just so you know :)

Would she feel bad for drowning someone that was trying to drown her? Perhaps it would make the water mad at her for leaving a dead, stinky body in it. But burying your killer sounded so awkward and grim. The scenes in her head now could fill a whole horror movie- and all its bad sequels. She smiled victoriously. Victory, at last! She voiced, pointing her muzzle gracefully toward the sky like in those dramatic scenes in cartoons. I'm sure Steven Universe would be her favorite.

If only she could read thoughts... Hopefully she hadn't made a fool out of herself for acting out her thoughts and emotions. Perhaps it was better she couldn't hear what Bain was thinking - she'd be too flustered to keep a conversation going. She dusted herself off with her muzzle. It's a work in progress. She jokingly commented. Perhaps next time she should try it with a flower of some sort, holding it down with own paw against her chest as she was "dead".

Ondine didn't pay much attention to where the other was staring at- mostly being so humble to think it wasn't her that was keeping his attention. Maybe he just really liked sitting here, and she was bothering him, but he didn't want to move! Oh boy, did she ruin it? Well, it would be his own fault for not being honest- honesty was very important to her.

Her bi-colored eyes met his, and she could almost feel the weird yet somewhat satisfying tension between them. M-My death or, you and me, t-together? She stuttered, moving her head a bit back. Maybe he was a killer in disguise, under a mask of charm and handsomeness getting ready to strike! He would shove her off the mountain! Someone, anyone, heeeelp!... But that was just a theory- A GAME THEORY.
56 Posts
Ooc —
don't worry about it! also I see your SU ref, I love that show!

He grinned, watching Ondine's display of theatrics as if he were the whole entire audience. He didn't find it strange at all -- she was quite the talented impressionist. "A work in progress? Well I'd sure love to see the finished result," a grin forming on the gangster's lips, still eyeing the girl.

There was a moment where he thought she hadn't noticed his eyes tracing her, but her eyes met his as soon as he reassured himself. He listened to her stutter, glad that she broke the awkward, tense silence that had formed between the two. M-my death or, you and me, t-together? he heard her say, another grin slipping to his features. 

Bain took a step closer to Ondine, leaning over to whisper in her ear. "I don't know, I suppose you'll have to guess." The gangster leaned back, giving the girl a charming wink. He couldn't help it -- flirting was in his nature, along with having an equal amount of self confidence.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Steven Universe is my favorite show at the moment! :D

Ondine had a little problem. With her troubled childhood, she often hid emotions with the mask of theatrics, making jokes out of her pain rather than facing her fears. It was not something she was proud of, but she guessed it wasn't that bad either. She was glad to share her "talent" with Bain though, having never performed for someone before. You will. She promised with a wide grin and a nod. Perhaps he had some hidden acting talent as well. Oooho, maybe they could do a show together for the others! Romeo and Juliet perhaps? 

She was not used to flirting of any kind, having never felt beautiful enough to be flirted with or being too humble to take any boy seriously. She felt quite awkward, yet she also didn't want Bain to stop. It was a weird fight between her pride and her insecurities. 

He leaned in, and Ondine almost thought he would kiss her or something, but luckily he was only whispering. Her hackles bristled, yet not because of anger, but because of a shiver going up her spine. His words were so weird. Guess? Well, that was the choice between life and death! She was flustered, even as he retreated and winked, something she also didn't understand. Did he have something in his eye? The wind indeed blew sand everywhere... Twisted... She murmured, a face of a girl deep in thought.