Silver Creek people to meet, lessons to give
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Private 
@Amber! Set a few days in the future if that's okay. :)

Having heard the sad tale of Spring just the other day, Shreya was reminded of Amber — the cheery newcomer she'd become acquainted with, and sister to the Alpha. So as the sun began to set, the old wolf, who'd recently hurt her paw over the borders, set off on a limping expedition to track the girl down and see what she was about.
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Amber had been lounging across the Creek lands the past few days, taking time to think about herself and what she wanted to do for the pack. There were two things she was sure of: her love of the stars and an interest in poisons. A Naturalist, yes, that was one. But that was more giving herself knowledge more than it helped the pack, she decided. Perhaps a Chronicler would suit her?
The shadowy queen was meandering through the forest alone, submerged in her thoughts, when the pawsteps of Shreya drew her attention to the right. The elder came through the undergrowth and, with a smile, Amber turned to chuff a happy greeting of her.
[Image: Z077D80.jpg]
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Shreya's sense of smell wasn't what it used to be, but it had served her well over the years and didn't let her down today. She found Amber shortly, which was a relief given that she couldn't limp too far at the moment. I've been looking for you, missy, she announced like a headteacher on the prowl. We've yet to have a proper chat.
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Shreya limped closer, and a frown presented itself upon her dark maw as she inspected the paw she favored. What'd happened? Before she could ask, however, the pale woman spoke with both friendliness and authority, claiming she'd sought her out for a chat. Worry spiked her mind, but the easy demeanor of the other woman told her it was nothing bad. Shifting back onto her haunches with a respectful dip of her head, Amber prepared for whatever Shreya threw her way.
                                                   Should have called, I couldn't ignore the summons of the wise elder.
             "My apologies, Miss Shreya. What is it you wish to know from me?"
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Just Shreya is fine, she responded with a slight smile of amusement. She knew how she came across at first — strict and a touch demanding — but definitely wasn't up for claiming a title. "Just Shreya" was correct.

When Amber accepted the invitation, she nodded and took a seat, the tip of her tail whipping back and forth with lazy friendliness. Your ambitions here at the Creek, she replied. That was what she was curious about. I ask because I've made it my business to listen to and guide the younger wolves here.
227 Posts
Ooc —
The womans correction widened Ambers smile, and that too was accepted. Just Shreya, even if her rank was high and she deserved the respect. Just Shreya sat with the Ciel woman, and inquired about her trades. Feathery tail wagging around her, the soot colored femme was easy to talk. If anything, she needed to talk it over for her own benefit. 
              "Well, I know for a fact I intend to be a Naturalist. Astrology and poisons are things that spike my passion. As for the other one, perhaps you could be the one to steer me in that direction? I've got a good memory, and I like having knowledge: perhaps I could be a Chronicler?"
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
And so started the musing. As was common in younger wolves, there was a bit of wondering here and a bit of guessing here, and Amber had a few ideas about the path she could take. The problem was, Shreya didn't know her at all, so couldn't advise more focus just yet.

She wasn't sure what Amber meant by "the other one" — it was as if the girl had room for only two ambitions. But one of those sparked some curiosity in the older wolf. Poisons? she quirked a brow. That's an interesting one... why poisons?
227 Posts
Ooc —
Sure, the woman could do anything and everything she wanted, but she could only claim two official trades, right? Amber couldn't be sure if Shreya was happy or unsure of her choice of specialities, and she questioned the most dangerous one of Toxocology. 
             "A lot of people know about the healing herbs of the world, but I believe not enough know of the fatal ones. It might be useful one day, and it might also save somebodies life because I can reverse effects."
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Toxicology — or rather Amber's interest in it — was genuinely intriguing to Shreya, who was not often intrigued. Very true, she agreed. If you'd like, I can teach you what I know of poisonous plants and their remedies. But beware, she added by way of warning. An interest in poisons can be a dark one. I once heard of a wolf who was convinced someone was trying to assassinate her by poison. So she took small increments of every poison she knew, in an effort to make herself immune. She went through terrible pain and suffering to do this — and no one ever did try to assassinate her.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Amber's ears perked at Shreya's offer, and her feathery tail began to wag. A teacher would be wonderful, but before the ebony fae could say as much the elder went on to talk about the darkness of poisons. The story horrified her, widening her soul searching eyes and stilling her tail. A wolf would take poisons to protect herself? How strange. 
                "I'd be honored to have a teacher, Shreya. I assure you, I won't be taking any of them. I couldn't intentionally do that to myself or those I love."
Shuddering, she could only imagine the symptoms the wolfess had to deal with. All for nothing? Such a thing didn't appeal to Amber, not at ALL.
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
In her years, she had discovered that some wolves did have a dark interest in poisons — but it seemed Amber's interest was for the light. The well-being of others.

She gave a firm nod as if to say good, and added: alright then. How about you start by telling me about the poisons and remedies you already know of.
227 Posts
Ooc —
This newest interest of hers was passionate, but it was also new: there were very few things she actually knew of. Tipping her head and glancing up at the sky for a few moments, Amber collected a few thoughts.  
           "Poison Ivy, I know very well. The rashes and blisters."
She turned to the pale elder again while she answered her, smiling and wagging her tail.
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Poison ivy was a classic, and Shreya nodded. Young Amber was quite right to wag her tail and look pleased with herself. Indeed. And do you remember the remedy? Stinging backsides everywhere would thank her if she did.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Unfortunatley, this she didn't know. There were some healing herbs she knew, but she wasn't sure if poision ivy worked the same way as the things she did know how to treat. 
                  "Well, I would assume bathe in a stream. I know nettle leaves are good for rashes, but does that apply to the ivy blisters?"
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Your intuition is fair — bathing in the stream can help, she agreed, and approved of Amber thinking things through even without knowing the answer.

You mean dock leaves, she corrected the girl when she claimed that nettles could cure rashes. Shreya believed knew what she meant: dock leaves could cure nettle rashes. And dock leaves can be of use, yes. The best remedy I've come across is this little weed called jewelweed. Heard of it?

If Shreya had her way they would continue on like this, discussing this one plant in particular. One step at a time was, in her opinion, exactly the way to go.

Shreya is now a PPC, so please feel free to either fade out here or reply again and fade! <3
227 Posts
Ooc —
*Sobs* Im gonna miss RPing with you/Shreya! On another note, the herb list lies xD I referred to it for that last post, hm....

While Amber got the bathing part right, she burned in embarrasment at Shreya's correction. However, this was the way to learn, through trial and error. 
           "Right, yeah, sorry! Dock leaves or Jewelweed.... I can recognize dock but not jewelweed."
They went back and forth for a while, going over a handful of herbs and their uses, both good and bad. As Amber had guessed, the elder was a phethora of knowledge, and the shadowy fae was thrilled with the knew skills she'd learned. After a thank you and a friendly lick to the pale womans shoulder, the Ciel slipped away to go over this new information.