Broken Antler Fen Open Season
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Pack Activity 
PACK HUNT! Mandatory. We want to take down that moose guys! Excluded are: @Valtyr because you are on Holiday and @Brandy and @Ambrosia because they are both injured.

@Pearl @Aduin @Kareja @Embry @Stitch @Horosk @Aviana @Odette

Prey was back. Sebastian was still hungry. He needed a good meal. He needed it, and much more of it if he wanted to have his body weight return until winter would bring scarcity once more. The male howled for everyone in the pack. Sebastian wanted little Odette to be with them too, she could watch from a distance and learn. Now it was especially a vital time she was starting to watch and later join them.

This time Sebastian was keen on taking down a moose, their main source of prey had returned. They would need to be tactical with such a large animal. First everyone needed to gather. Sebastian howled east from the Sage Bush Fields, normally where the moose were resting after being in the water. He wouldn't allow Brandy to join, even though he knew she was dying to try moose hunting, she was not recovered yet. Not with such an infected wound. She needed her rest.
"I don't need saving," Arya Stark
75 Posts
Ooc —
Kareja hurried, her paws fumbling as the girl scrambled across the territory comically. Her tongue poked out slightly as the clumsy female focused on not tripping over her own feet. Food food food! The mantra repeated in her head, stomach grumbles leaving her abdomen angrily as it protested her thin form.

Kareja was the first to respond, narrowly managing to stay upright and not tumble head first through a bush. Private Kar reporting for duty. Kareja's nod seemed to say as she sat nearby and waited for instructions.
The lion and the tiger may be mightier but the wolf doesn't perform in the circus.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
As soon as Pearl heard the howl that indicated a hunt, she couldn't help but leap up in the air where she was and bark, "FOOD!" as loud as she could. Then it was only a matter of time before she arrived at the scene, overjoyed that the moose had returned. 

Though she hadn't had much (if any) experience hunting moose, she figured it wouldn't be too much of a difference from elk. Heck, if she could lead a hunt to take down a bear, how hard could it be?

Pearl dashed into the scene, practically skidding into Seb, thankfully not knocking him over. Not sure who was taking the lead, she just stayed by her mate and shook out her coat.
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Gonna throw Brandy in here anyways, but she'll probably sit (butthurt) with Odette or something after she gets sent off. xD Ammie is out of the borders for a few hours also (assuming I have my timeframes correct), so she wouldn't have heard the call even if she was allowed to join.

Brandy came to the howl as she normally would, excited for the call of food. Her leg was healing well, though she had to admit it still hurt a little. She'd been easy on it, trying not to hurry anywhere or push herself hard, and was quite proud of the fact it was beginning to finally close. Her inner problems were far from solved, but a good pack hunt was what she'd been waiting for, maybe it would help her out? Ambrosia was home too, though she couldn't find her today, and that in itself made the yearling push down her anxiety. 
Coming into view of the already gathered wolves, Brandy smiled and dipped her head in respect to both alphas. She flashed another smile at Kareja too, but over all stayed silent. The copper female obviously had no idea Seb planned on holding her back, and she set to circling the group to look for scents but stayed relatively close.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She had been exploring the territory, trying to get accustomed to being in one area, rather than on the go all the time. She knew she could leave at any point, go wherever she wanted, as long as she didn't stay gone for too long, but she forced herself to stay within the pack lands. If she was going to make a home of this place, and she did want to, she had to learn to be at ease.

Pack activities forced her to be around the other wolves, and she didn't quite like that just yet. She was more comfortable meeting them one on one, but the howl that reached her ears promised of food, and that was not something she could ignore. It had been a long time since her belly had been overfull from a meal, and her rumbling stomach told her she was a fool if she passed this up. Seeing as how they would all be in view of each other, no one could harm her, right? And since it was Seb calling, she reminded herself that he was extra protection.

She rerouted her path to head for her brother, and whoever else might already be there. Would Valtyr be there? She hoped not. She still hadn't figured out the bad vibe she got from him, but never before had she been so ready to attack. She would need to steer clear of him, she knew. She slowed as she came upon the group. Several others had already arrived, all of which she knew, all of which she liked. She lowered her head and body, and gave a short wag of her tail in greeting before placing herself next to Kareja. It almost felt weird to be stationed next to another wolf without feeling the need to run, but she reminded herself Kareja and the others had been kind to her and had not given her any reason not to trust them. 

She turned her attention to their prey, which happened to be a moose. Aviana had not hunted large game in a very long time, but she hoped it came naturally to her. At the very least, she knew she had the stamina to chase it down until it tired.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin came when he heard Sebastian howl for them. And as soon as he heard Pearl say that one word, he was almost just as excited. His tail went nuts, his tongue lolling out with drool. It had been so long since they had big prey. And to have the chance of getting a deer, or a moose, or something like that only made him even more hungry.

He stopped as he waited for Seb to begin explaining about the upcoming hunt. "What are we going after?" he asked over-eagerly. So much did he want to know what they were going to take on.
Darkness exists to make light truly count
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Odette laid on her back and stared up at the sky.  The pup wondered what it would be like to go so high, touch the clouds, touch the sun, touch the moon, touch the stars... she wanted so bad to reach and touch those stars.  Two days upon reaching the Fen Odie had noticed one night as the stars had begun to peak out that they did not seem any farther away than they had on the mountain.  Never before had she realized that something could be so very far away....  So now as Odie stared up at the sky she wondered what the stars held, even though they had not pushed their way into the sky yet.  Did they live?  Did they perhaps hold the living?  Or were they neither of those things?

When Sebastian's howl cut through the air and into Odie's ears, the pups jumped up and began to make her way towards the location.  She wondered what was going on.  What did Seb have in store for them all today?  Upon reaching the meeting Odie noticed that others had beat her here, including Seb of course because he had been the one to howl, Pearl and four others that she recognized.  Soon Odette sat down a little seperated from the group and waited to hear what was going on.

Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Horosk trotted into the area, glancing at each wolf in turn, then at the moose. "So, we hunting?" He whispered, hungrily. He was starving, and hadn't really had much of a good meal in a while.

He sat down, waiting for a response from any of the wolves, all of whom had arrived slightly before himself.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian waited till his members had gathered before telling what they were going to hunt. Though, he couldn't help but address something else first. "Brandy, no. You are not joining with that leg. I don't allow you to," he spoke firmly, but not unfriendly. It was clear that the Alpha didn't wish to have her sustain any more injuries or worse, over work this leg and make her a cripple. His eye fell on Odette. "Brandy, why don't you watch Odette and explain what we are doing, or answer her questions," Sebastian spoke, finding it a good solution.

Then he looked at the rest of the pack. "I've been tracking and watching the returning moose and I can tell with confidence there is one that caught my eye. We will hunt and kill it. A word of caution; These creatures are big, a kick of their leg is worse then from a deer. Watch out for those and their antlers," he explained. The male looked over their numbers. They were with six. "I want to split up in two groups. I take one and Pearl takes one group. Pearl's group will make the moose run, yowl, be loud, nip at its belly to tire it out and cause panic. Be aware that the moose might seek water to throw us off. My group stays out of sight for a moment, and joins in from the other side surrounding it. None of Pearl's group will have to herd it anywhere, my group will make sure that we are on the right side. Then we surround it and take it down," Sebastian generally explained.

"Aviana and Kareja, you go with me. Aduin and Horosk go with Pearl. I trust you all that we can take this moose down. We need it for the survival of our family," Sebastian make, which would probably not help with some of the nerves.
75 Posts
Ooc —
Kareja's eyes widened as the Alpha spoke, curious to exactly how gigantic these creatures were. She had never seen a moose, caribou were more predominant in her arctic home but surely they could take it down. They had killed a bear for Pete's sake, though that had been with help.

Kareja was a little shocked to be chosen for the group that would kill the ungulate, given her small stature. Still, she nodded at Sebastian in response and moved to his side with a smile directed at Aviana. 

wasn't sure if they were actually with the moose or if they're going to be moving to hide somewhere so I left it open :P
The lion and the tiger may be mightier but the wolf doesn't perform in the circus.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She was nervous, but she did her best to hide it, and kept her attention focused on Seb. He instructed that one group would go with him, and the other with Pearl. While she liked Pearl, she was relieved to hear she would be on her brother's team. But, she still wasn't sure about her ability to help take down such a large animal. She knew she would just have to do what she could, playing Seb's words over and over in her head that they needed this moose for survival. She stood and moved to his side, ready for when they would move out.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy was less surprised about Seb's orders than her mate whisking on by without a word. Had she really become so distant from him that he didn't bother to glance at her? Great. Turning her hurt lemon eyes from Aduin, she gave Sebastian an understanding nod and turned her back on them. The copper woman slunk back to Odette and stood beside her, shooting glares at her bandaged leg but really very hurt. She shouldn't have shown up today, clearly, and as soon as this was all over she'd likely be off by herself again to wander the fen. For now, she would stick to the side of Seb's adopted daughter and teach her what was going on. That was important to!
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
One more wolf arrived before Sebastian finally began to speak and Odette perked her ears, curious to hear what the stratedgy was.  Sebastian first told Brandy that she wasn't allowed to hunt because of her injured leg and Odie thought that that was quite responable.  Afterall why should someone hunt while recovering from an injury? It simply just wasn't a good idea, it wasn't logical.  Instead Brandy was assigned to her.  Odette was glad for that though, because next to Sebastian and Pearl, Brandy was probably the next wolf that she liked the most.  Of course that was mostly based on that Odette knew her most out of all the other subordinates here.

She listened to the rest of what Uncle Seb had to say with interest.  First he laid out a battle stratedgy, telling everyone how this was all going to work, then he assigned groups.  One group was with Pearl and one was with Sebastian.  Her eyes flickered around to see who the wolves were and then flickered her attention back to Brandy who was know at her side and looked... off.  The only reason that Odie thought that though was because Brandy kept shooting glares at her bandaged leg.  The bandage was helping her... why was she upset with it?  Odie cocked her head a little.  "Are you okay Brandy?"  She asked the female.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian had put her sister with Kareja and him for a reason. So she didn't have to freak out when Aduin might be too close, or Horosk for that matter. The male moved around. They would be the ambush, so they had to walk out of the vision of the moose to trap it later. Pearl and her group would have to tire it out.

Hopefully Brandy and Odette could keep watch from a distance. He did not wish for them to be trampled. The alpha and leader of the hunt moved around through the bushes, following Pearl's group from a distance, a bit in front of them so they could always jump out and surround the moose.
75 Posts
Ooc —
Sebastian began to move away, they would have to hide so that they could take the moose down and Kareja could only hope that she would be able to reach the mighty beast's throat or spine. She might have nudged Aviana in a friendly manner except that the female was rather timid and Kar was afraid of scaring her.

Instead Kareja followed after Sebastian, lowering into a creeping position and heading to the brush silently. She crouched in waiting, watching for the other group for when the moose was chased to them.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I know I said I would wait to make a post, but I have to make a post before he goes inactive
Aduin nodded to Sebastian's orders and headed over to Pearl, where he waited patiently from any orders from her. He sent a quick glance over at his mate, and mouthed the words 'I'll be back'. He hoped he would, and not end up in some hunting accident.

"Just give the word." He felt a bit nervous, as moose's were quite large. Sure, they outnumbered six-to-one, but anyone could end up being rammed by those massive antlers. He had his legs ready to spring at Pearl's word, occasionally glancing around to wherever Seb's team was.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy grumbled, shooting a look back at Aduin that was laced with venom. Clearly, the girl wasn't happy,fully ignoring his words. Odette was the one who pulled her attention next, though, questioning if she was okay. Was it herself she was mad at, or Aduin? Maybe neither. Even the yearling didn't know.
    No, not in the least bit. I've closed myself off so much even my mate dosent want me anymore.
Of course, she kept her thoughts to herself, turning much softer, tired looking lemon eyes on the pup with a half-assed smile that didn't reach those eyes. Her tone was soft, sad, but it held a lot of affection for the little girl. Everyday she became more a part of the pack, it felt, more like Seb and Pearls daughter than someone the pack adopted because she was alone.     
              "I'm alright Odette. Now if anything happens you don't understand, I'm more than happy to teach you, kay?"
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
*lowers racing flag*

Pearl kept an eye on the other group as well as the moose ahead, coming to a crouching stance a ways behind the animal. She waited patiently until she saw Seb's group was prepared for the oncoming truck of meat. Quickly glancing behind her to ensure Aduin and Horosk were ready to go, she focused on the large moose and narrowed her eyes.

Like a bullet from a gun, she sprung off at about the same speed and barked and yowled to get it nice and spooked. Pearl was usually on the quiet offensive side, so this was a newer situation to get in. While placing harsh nips to its heels then its side, she was careful to avoid the kicks especially gift-wrapped and express-shipped for her.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
The hunt started and Odie watched from a distance with wide interested eyes, soon enough though her attention was diverted as Brandy spoke, telling her that she was fine.  For a few moments Odie studied Brandy not to sure that she was really telling the truth, but finally Odette gave in and just gave Brandy a simple nod of her head.  "I'm glad to hear that."  Odie verbalized, although a sliver of unsurness wormed it's way into Odie's tone.  Then her gaze flickered back to the hunt, trying to take it all in.  It looked so... Odie couldn't really even describe the feeling, but the closest that she could describe it was amazing.

As soon as Pearl dashed off, barking and yowling, Odie first found herself startled, giving a little jump backwards, but soon enough she found herself excited.  Her tail began to wag like mad and she felt desperatly like joining in.  It was like nothing Odette had ever seen before as she watched Pearl spoking the moose.  Harshly nipping it's heel and sides, all the while avoiding the kicks.  In a way it looked like a dance.  It was beautiful in its own strange way.