Hushed Willows Living like we're renegades
23 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
y'all can come meet Kirin if you want to :)

After Grace had shown him around, pointing out different areas such as The Crook, Kirin found himself wandering the territory a bit. He wanted to be familiar with it instead of walking in circles aimlessly trying to find his way to different spots. It wouldn't do to get lost with so many strangers around making him uneasy. 

He meant to take Tavi up on what she had said at the borders, tomorrow Kirin would hunt. Whether he brought something back or not was inconsequential. He would hunt and he would try to bring back food for all the hungry mouths Tavi had mentioned. 

For now, he prowled silently through the territory lost in thought. What if he had made a mistake coming here, what if their father tracked them here? Kirin could smell the pups that resided here, what if he had put them in danger by joining this pack?
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Banner trotted along happily, her disposition strangely sunny.  It didn't matter how comfortable she was here at the Keep because strong feelings in any direction were, for her, odd.  She'd spent so much time trying to keep herself calm and, wonderfully enough, it had worked.  Gone were her worries about where her next meal would come from and her fears of constant danger.  Her siblings were here and she'd gained a few friends - how could she not feel joyful?

In her earlier wanderings, Banner had come across two bright blue feathers below one of the many willow trees here in Marauder's Keep.  She'd searched for an injured bird nearby.  Were two feathers too many to lose?  Admittedly, she knew nothing about birds.  Wasn't even the biggest fan of them.  Their little shifty eyes were kind of creepy.  But she'd gently picked up the bright pair of feathers and held her delicate cargo in between her jaws as she carried on.

Her bright green eyes widened a bit when she saw someone else just ahead - a male larger than she with a darker coat of fur.  His scent was familiar (as was true for the scents of all wolves of the Keep), but her track record with names was absolutely awful.  Banner woofed a greeting in her low voice, her trot slowing until she stood a respectable distance from the other wolf.
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark had spent his time filling caches. He'd gotten good at hunting alone, but this, now inside the limits of his pack, he was feeling more entitled. More like he deserved the food he found and that he could serve his pack and feed them. There had been some whispers from Octavia that another male had joined and he was related to Grace. Grace, being a hunter herself, meant that Stark was predisposed to think her relative was too. Stark was meaning to catch him and talk to him about organizing something, but when he caught the newbie's scent and his sister's, he hurried.

Stark grinned and sped up a bit to catch the two, bumping directly into Banner without the preamble of a greeting. He didn't need it with her after all. "Hey there," He greeted, his head held high as he looked the other dark male over. His tail wagged behind him a bit, gracing Banner with each sway before he looked over at her, his blue gaze returning to the other male. Kirin, if he wasn't mistaken. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
She Made Broken Look Beautiful & Strong Look Invincible. She Walked With The Universe On Her Shoulders & Made It Look Like A Pair Of Wings.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace was sullen and quiet nowadays, but her presence was just as known if not more so in the lands. Usually she spent days in the herbal den, or stocking it, or improving something. Today she was gathering stones, bringing them back to the den and piling them near the entrance. Scents wafted closer as she padded into the open area, and she recognized them as the Beta and his sister, plus her own silbling. Were they together? Dropping her last rock, the russet girl limped back out into the willows. Her work was calming, peaceful. Herbs weren't judgemental. 
They weren't far, and the three dark pelts that she'd recognized the scent of  were soon clear. 
           "Hey guys, whats up?"
She slid up next to Kirin with a nuzzle, standing behind his shoulder and giving a shy smile to the other two. She'd never actually met Banner aside from introductions her first day. It was slightly amusing in her mind, the pair of silblings all showing up to the pack at different times.
23 Posts
Ooc —
Feeling suddenly overwhelmed as not one, but three wolves appeared, Kirin glanced around nervously as his ears pinned against his skull. Grace was one of the people who had shown up, making him feel at ease slightly. Maybe it was wimpy of him to feel better that his sister was with him but Kirin didn't care. Besides Tavi, she was the only one he knew and he felt most comfortable around her.

"Uh..hi," Kirin croaked, clearing his throat nervously. "I'm Kirin. Nice to meet you." His introduction was brief, unsure of what to say to his pack mates next. If he wasn't mistaken the woman was named Banner and the man Stark. They were supposed to be siblings as well. 

Perhaps being around others would make Kirin come out of his shell, make some friends. It might be possible to become friends with these two, given that they were brother and sister too.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
A very unladylike "oof!" greeted Stark's bump.  Banner fixed her brother with a playful glare as she lowered her head and gently placed the feathers she'd been holding on the ground.  By the time she lifted her head again her ears were pushed back against her dark skull - just in time for Grace to appear.  "'ello," she addressed the other female in her low voice.

She felt a bit short among this gaggle of darkly colored wolves, though Banner knew her legs were just... stocky.  The vertically-challenged female wagged her tail, nodding to Kirin and hoping to hell she actually remembered his name.  "Nice to meet you.  I'm Banner."  Should she introduce her brother?  Was that weird?  Too awkward?  She allowed herself to internally fret and settled for just looking at Stark, her green eyes going a little wide.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark grinned down at Banner, taking a moment to tug a bit of grass from her fur just behind her ear. He glanced over as Grace approached, looking to the hunter's brother as he spoke. Banner was quick to introduce herself, even if she was a smidge nervous still, and Stark offered her a smile. She was trying. It was hard, and he appreciated the efforts that she made in the Keep. "Stark," He said with a smile.

He was coming into his rank with what he hoped was grace. Some sort of poise. He wasn't sure how he was doing, admittedly. "Are you settling alright, Kirin?" He asked curiously. He knew how awkward his own settling had been, finding himself so uncomfortable in the Crook at first. Now, he sprawled with Banner at his side, Octavia and Tambourine never too far away. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
She Made Broken Look Beautiful & Strong Look Invincible. She Walked With The Universe On Her Shoulders & Made It Look Like A Pair Of Wings.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The two newer Marauders seemed more on the shy side, but Stark stood easily at his siblings side. Grace nodded, throwing in her own name with a nod to the only one she'd never formally met, Banner.
         "Grace."
Her quiet voice went quiet and she stayed close to her brother for both of their comforts, and the russet yearling just listened for now. How HAD Kirin been doing since joining? Truth be told, she hadn't seen him since showing him to the Crook and around it. Maybe later she could show him the herbal den, or they could all go if nothing else was suggested, she thought. It was a quiet little clearing even if they didn't go in.
23 Posts
Ooc —
It was strange being around people, Kirin had decided. Of course he had known it would be odd settling into pack life and speaking more than one word sentences, but still; Kirin seemed to make things even more difficult. Being a loner had not helped his mentality, the dark wolf was not used to submitting and usually only looked after himself. Now he had a whole pack to help care for, people above him he had to show respect. It made him anxious.

"I'm fine, just trying to get used to it I suppose." Kirin shrugged, kicking a pebble to the side self conciously. "Is there anything I should know about this place?" 

Some packs he knew had organized religion that he would be expected to partake in, whether or not he believed it. Much as he wanted to stick around for Grace, religion was a no go for Kirin.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
The dark brown female huffed when Stark leaned in to grab at something behind her ear.  He was probably trying to be helpful - she couldn't exactly see anything back there - so she made no mention of it.  He was always looking after her these days.  And everyone else.  There was a lot going on in the Beta's life.  Banner just hoped she didn't ruin it all for him.  It was the least she could do to keep herself in check, anyway.

"We're big on family."  She'd said the first thing that popped in her mind.  Clearly the Keep was comprised of a few different families.  Banner liked to think that they worked better because of it.  She looked up at Grace speficially and smiled softly.  Banner was still faily new to the pack and though she had no details, the departure of Nova Rose was certainly something she'd noticed.  The chocolate female operated mostly on a need to know basis and, quite simply, it wasn't any of her business.  Obviously losing her mother was going to weigh heavily on Grace - even Banner had the basic emotional insight to realize that.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Really, Stark just liked to harass his sister and they'd been apart long enough that it felt overdue. Stark grinned at Banner, giving a little nod at her answer - family, sure, that was a good start. "It can feel a little claustrophobic at times." Stark admitted, which probably wasn't very becoming behavior of a Beta, but, that was his brand of reality. "We're a bit suspicious of others, so, we don't tell any outsiders where we are. It's for our protection mostly." Because they were sorely lacking in the defense department Stark wasn't about to go try and chase down any enemies himself. 

"We're a dedicated group though." He said, looking towards Grace for a moment as confirmation. She had been there longer than he had, although he wasn't too sure how many had left before he'd arrived he knew there was only a few that had departed after. Warbone, Teagan, Captain, and Nova Rose. It left many questions for him, but, he wasn't going to stay up at night wondering about the two males choices, at least. 
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace, nervous as she was, was doing what she thought was a good job supporting Kirin. She'd had to say little, and perhaps that was for the better, but as she listened the spotlight was turned on her. A dedicated group? Of course, that's why they all slept in the Keep together. She nodded her head and, with a smile, agreed with the Beta. 
               "That's how Warbone wanted it, after all. That's why we sleep together. He wanted a family group, one where wolves came and happily never left. Tavi's upheld it very well, I think."
Stark was also right that it got a little claustrophobic, but when she knew everyone it'd been a breeze. Once they all fell in together again, it would get much easier. A few had, indeed, left, but that didn't mean they were any less of a family group. It simply meant that some had other obligations, had a stronger loyalty to something else, and to Grace that was okay. She missed those who were gone she'd originally come in to, like Flora and Kunik and Teagan, but hopefully they had, like Nova, found somewhere they were happy.
23 Posts
Ooc —
Kirin listened intently, immediately finding a new source of anxiety in Stark's words. They all slept together? Kirin was used to being alone and didn't do well with groups, maybe he could find an unused corner where no one would touch him or bother him as he slept. 

"Thank you for telling me, I'll keep it in mind," he murmured absently, still distracted by the thought of having to share a communal den.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
A firm nod accompanied Stark and Grace's words.  Banner hadn't been a wolf of the willows for long, but she had basic knowledge of the pack's founding.  The Keep's recent history involved a lot of changes, especially since the male responsible for its formation had disappeared.  That wasn't for her to judge - the short female knew well that there were many reasons a wolf had to take off.

"Have you been able to take a look around?" she asked Kirin quietly before looking to Stark with a raised brow.  The suggestion that the four of them take a good circuit or two around the Keep was thinly veiled.  However, Banner didn't want to step on any toes.  She'd leave the leading to her brother and Grace.  Being a solid member of the welcoming committee was a perfectly comfortable position for her.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
to mend all the broken hearts
of all my wrecked-up friends
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Of course, Stark agreed with how Grace felt about Octavia. It was hard to process all the changes, but, he felt like Octavia was doing the best that she could in light of all that she faced. Stark nodded, "It's nice having a ready and available support system." He confirmed. Now that Banner was there, too, Stark felt even more comfortable. 

He was curious like Banner, wondering what he had seen - if there was anything he interesting to the male. "I'm eager to hear your first impressions." He felt like there was a lot he could do, especially after getting to know the newer wolves of his pack. 
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Again, Grace nodded along with Stark. It was nice, especially for ones nervous like her and Kirin. One day he would fit in as well as she, the yearling knew even if she was feeling like she didn't at all
                   "It does make things easier, knowing that you have family all around you."
Next Banner asked about where he'd been, and Grace turned her golden eyes to him in joy. Finally, she'd get to hear more about her travels to find her.
23 Posts
Ooc —
Kirin nodded to the comments about family, not entirely sure he felt these people were his family. He had only been here a day, even Grace felt different. Kirin didn't regret his decision to leave home and find her as it was, he was happy to be reunited with his only sister. He just wasn't sure he would ever fit in here.

"I have, Grace showed me around," he told Banner before turning to her brother. "It's a nice place," was all he could think to say, rather lamely he would admit.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Kirin didn't have much to say, but that was just fine with her.  He'd have plenty of time to explore and come into his own among the wolves of the Keep.  Settling down just took time, as it had for everyone who sought a home here.  She offered him another nod and looked to her brother.  "Well, I'm going to head back to the Crook for a bit," she said after a quiet moment.  "It was nice to meet you, Kirin.  I hope you find the Keep to your liking."

With that, she woofed a farewell to all three wolves before picking up the random feathers she'd found.  On her exit, Banner bumped her shoulder into Stark's side and sent him a winning, feather-filled smile before trotting off.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
to mend all the broken hearts
of all my wrecked-up friends
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
No, there wasn't much to be said but that wasn't an issue for Stark. Not everyone felt the need to fill the silence like he did. It balanced them out in a way. Stark gave a nod when Kirin spoke, his gaze flickering over to Grace before Banner announced her departure. She'd plucked up her prizes again and bumped his shoulder, the Beta giving a fond rumble at the action as the woman slipped away. "Well, if you ever want to find something to do I'd be happy to keep you busy." Stark teased with a little grin. 

"I think I'm going to go see about catching some fish, if either of you wanted to join me." Stark said. There was no demand there, but, he was getting hungry and it seemed like a good idea as any if they wanted to accompany him. If not, no harm, no foul. 
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Banner made her leave, and Grace gave a nod of goodbye before turning back to Stark. Fishing? She remembered the last time she'd been fishing, with the Beta and.... Well, Kunik. Her golden eyes teared, and she shook her head. Her voice was quiet, and she wondered if Stark would think her rude for declining his invitation. 
              "I-I don't think so. I don't like fishing much anymore.... I think I'm gonna keep collecting stones for my garden." 
Maybe Kirin would go? It'd be nice for him to bond with others, get used to it around here. If they were going to stay a while, might as well be comfortable.