Silvertip Mountain Two men of power.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Private 
Sebastian let @Pearl know that he had been heading out towards the Silvertip pack. After all she told him she met with Steady, and then there was the story of Odette and her nightmares of this pack cannibalizing her mother. The alpha made the trip, which was quite some distance away from his own. Still, Sebastian was dutiful, and he had morals. If one if his kids would have been adopted by another pack he would want to know too.

He was certain, if Mason lived there, that this pack could be talked too. He knew that Mason's father actually lead the pack, but he heard from Pearl that Steady was the alpha now, the assumed brother. Sebastian knew from his own past that two brothers leading might not work out. However, he would not judge. The would talk first. They were both alphas so there might be some good talking between them, and Pearl assured him that Steady was not unfriendly.

Sebastian reached their bothers and howled for @Steady and him only. He did not need to talk to some Beta or other pack member. He needed a one on one conversation with this male. Sebastian was a very respectable distance from their borders, so he doubted that anyone would be offended. His stance was assertive and strong, but not arrogant. It was clear that Sebastian was a man of power himself, but did not come with bad intentions.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady had started out this morning, a day like any other day, patrolling and marking the territory. Unbeknownst to him, a stranger was en route to his borders with information that could very well change things, and it was unclear on whether it would be for the better or for the worse.

The howl that reached his ears was unfamiliar to him, but it was clear that he, and he alone, was being summoned. His eyes narrowed, wondering who this wolf was. He dropped his patrols in favor of this stranger, and made a beeline for him. Steady's head was held high, as was his tail. It was stationary, not waving in friendliness as it normally may have. But, he wasn't aggressive, either. He stopped several yards from the male. Can I help you? he asked, curiosity lacing his voice.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
It didn't take long for someone to arrive, Sebastian assumed it was Steady. By the description he gotten from Pearl he fit the picture. The male was greeted, though not in the normal fashion. The male liked to get right to business, but that was not how things went down for Sebastian. He dipped his muzzle briefly in greeting. "I do not seek help. I came to deliver a message and to discuss some matters," he explained on a calm tone.

'I'm Sebastian of Broken Antler Fen. It is south of here. My mate, Pearl, spoke of you. It also seems we have a mutual friend named Mason Silvertip," he then introduced to make the male a bit more calm about his presence, if the male might be agitated about him being here. Sebastian could leave, but not before he told him his message. It sounded that the male was curious at least.

"Odette is safe with us, my own pack. I found her alone when on my way to visit Mason, instead, I took her under my wing and to my own home. She will be under the protection of the BAF wolves and under the care of Pearl and Me personally. The reason for this is because Odette herself wants to stay with us and is not ready to come back home. What happened here greatly shocked her. You must know that if she wants to leave we will not keep her, but for now, I came to tell you that she is safe and she will learn all the essentials of being a wolf," Sebastian explained, his pale eyes on the other male. His tone was respectful throughout, and the male had not spoken out any judgement.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
His ears perked in interest as the other male admitted he had a message, and matter to discuss. He then introduced himself as Sebastian, Pearl's mate, and it seemed he knew Mason. Steady instantly relaxed at the drop of the names, a soft smile appearing on his maw. Mason is my nephew, he said. Pearl was gracious and let a few of my wolves and myself hunt with her and some of her pack during the famine. He thought highly of the Alpha female. Though, if you're looking for Mason, I haven't seen him since the passing of his sister, he admitted. Maybe the message he had was from Mason? 

But, it wasn't. The moment her name was spoke, and Steady began to digest the information being fed to him, he felt like his world was collapsing all over again. He averted his eyes from Sebastian, and sat back on his haunches. He had thought Odette dead. He was glad she wasn't, but the fact that she refused to come home left his heart broken all over again. He didn't even know what to say in response to all this. He was angry on one hand that Odette didn't want to come home, but incredibly grateful to Sebastian and his pack for taking her in on the other. Whatever he felt, he knew nothing would change the facts. He would have to accept the fact that Odette may never want to come back.

Is... Is Stoic with her? he asked, finally, his gaze going back to Pearl's mate. He worried the answer would be no, since Sebastian had only spoke of Odette.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was pleased to hear that about his mate. He knew she was perfect in his eyes, but to see her also act morally towards others in such crisis showed the true extend of her goodness. "She is a good wolf," he agreed. "Our whole pack is like that. We are a family," he explained, so the male knew in what kind of environment Odette would grow up in.

Sebastian was surprised hearing about Mason's department. He frowned deeply. "I'm sad to hear that. I hope he returned to you, he had been a good kid." That went through a lot, he added mentally. The male had another surprise when he asked about another pup. What had they done to them!? "Stoic? I assume her brother? No. She was all alone, hence why I took her in. I checked the area before bringing her home," Sebastian spoke. "Another one lost, Steady?," he asked, looking troubled and worried. He hoped that such a thing would never happen to his own young, then they would be there eventually. "I understand your reasoning for eating their mother, I know living in the mountains can be very tough, though I am not sure if it was a right thing to do that in front of her children," he admitted.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Sebastian seemed proud of his mate, as Steady thought he should, nodding in agreement. As are we, he replied. The pack worked because they had become such a tight-knit family in the face of the famine and possible death. They had lost many, but gained many, too. 

The good mood that Steady was in at the beginning of the conversation quickly diminished, though he kept his composure about him. The fact that Odette refused to come home hit him hard, but there was simply nothing he could do about it. Were he to try and forcibly take her back, he had no doubt that Broken Antler Fern would do their best to stop them. Steady knew it would only cause more problems, and that isn't what he wanted. If Odette came back, it would be on her terms. 

He nodded to confirm that Stoic was her brother, and frowned when Sebastian informed him that he had not been found. If Odette had spoke of him, Sebastian would have known who he was for sure. Maybe Stoic was still out there, somewhere, maybe found by another pack. 

Steady didn't like the turn in conversation, and his expression hardened. It's easy to judge when you're sitting on the other side, he said. His voice was matter-of-fact, void of anger, though he felt it. Though Steady respected Pearl, and Sebastian and their pack along with her, he would not try and justify himself to any one. No one except the Silvertip wolves knew what they had gone through, how they lost so many lives in such a short amount of time, and how they had done something they never thought they would have to do to stay alive. He knew the Wilds as a whole had suffered, but he would no sooner judge them by what they had to do than he would take the judgement from someone outside his pack. If this was what Sebastian wanted to do, Steady would leave him at the borders.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian's face fell a bit when the other alpha took his words the wrong way. Because he didn't mean to sound judgmental. He hoped that with his words he showed respect for their actions, yet still questioning a bit of it. Maybe he did sound judgmental after all. Though the male took a step back and dipped his head briefly in sorry. "I did not mean to sound judgmental," he instantly apologized, his stance said enough.

He kind of was interested in why they did it though, he wanted to discuss it. Mainly out of interest but that wasn't something that was going to happen now, or so he thought. The male cleared his throat. "Anyhow. I can talk to Odette and maybe in a few months she would like to you see. If she will I will send a messenger to your pack," he spoke, wanting to let the male know that meetings would go on Odette's turn. Sebastian did believe that it would be good for the young female to forgive them, and accept them for who they are instead of housing bitterness and anger.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Looking back on it, Steady didn't think it would have mattered whether or not he did it in front of the pups, or had taken the meat to them and not told them who it was from, or even if they hadn't eaten at all. They still would have hated him for what he had done. Adeline was the only one who didn't know, but he knew one day she would find out, and she would hate him, too.

Sebastian's face told Steady he wasn't lying when he said he hadn't mean to be judgmental. While the Silvertip Alpha appreciated that, he still didn't want others outside of the pack commenting on it to him. Sebastian hadn't been there, and so he would never know the feelings behind what they did. Even if the other Alpha had voiced he wanted to talk about it, without judgment, Steady would have probably declined. He simply didn't know Sebastian well enough to open up to him like that. He nodded to acknowledge that the other male hadn't meant to sound judgmental, but didn't comment beyond that.

Steady wasn't sure if time would heal this wound for Odette, and he wouldn't allow himself to hope that it would. If he thought she would hate him forever, it might make it sting a little less when each day passed that she wasn't here. I would appreciate that, he said sincerely. He was about to ask why not just bring her here himself, but he refrained. Steady would walk the earth to get to Odette, if that was what she wanted. 

He went silent after that one statement, not sure where Sebastian wanted to take the conversation from here, if anywhere. Steady had nothing else to say.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian lifted his muzzle a bit and watched how the silent surrounded them. The male had kind of hoped for more, but then again, what did he expect. He decided to round it up soon, perhaps, it was for the best. Steady and his pack did owe him in a way. They let them feed and now he cared for one of their own pups as she was his own child. The male looked into Steady's eyes with his pale ones.

"I do hope that there will stay a close connection between the BAF and STM wolves," he spoke. It seemed that they needed one another in times of need so if they could keep it up they both would be able to exist. "I hope your nephew will soon return home. If I see him I will send him your way, alright?," he spoke to Steady. The young alpha nodded shortly, it was clear that he wanted to continue this small form of alliance.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady nodded in agreement. I hope we can stay close, as well, he returned. Though, he didn't feel he owed anything to the other pack. He had paid his debt to Pearl, and Sebastian had taken in Odette on his own accord. If he didn't want to expend the extra energy on her, he could have brought her back home, despite the pup's wishes.

Thank you, I would appreciate it. When Odette had ran away, he assumed she went and got Stoic and they ran together. It seemed that wasn't the case, however, and now Stoic was out there on his own, or maybe with someone, or worse. 

Is there anything else I can do for you? he asked. He wasn't really sure what else there was to discuss, unless Sebastian had more information or questions for him.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded in return to the other's words. He accepted the man's thank you and it seemed their conversation was coming to an end. "Nothing more to note from my side. I don't know if you have a message for Pearl however?," he asked to be sure. He was not entirely sure what she gotten in return from them but maybe Steady wanted her to know something.

The large male smiled at the other. "If not I will travel back to my own lands. I rather not leave them for too long. I would miss my pack too much," he admitted. He liked to think he was very close with all of them.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He only had to think for a fraction of moment before he spoke. Yes, if you don't mind. Could you tell her I passed on her message to Aria? He hoped Pearl trusted him enough not to need the confirmation, but if he had a way to get it to her anyways, why not?

He nodded his understanding. I don't like being away too long from home, either, he agreed. But, if... If Odette ever wants me to visit, I will, he added quickly. He still held a little hope that she would come around to forgiving him. 

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded towards Steady. He would tell Pearl. He was not sure what she wanted to say to this Aria and who this woman was but he would always ask her himself. "I will," he confirmed. Sebastian nodded once more when the male said he would visit if Odette wanted to see him.

Sebastian was pretty sure that would take some time but then at least Steady wouldn't have to leave his territory. "Alright, I will be leaving then, at least you know she is safe," Sebastian spoke to him. "Good day," he wished the man before trotting off.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
This conversation hadn't gone as well as Steady as liked, and he only had himself to blame. He was so worried about being judged that he had forgotten his manners. Sebastian seemed to have taken it in stride, though, and had been very polite. He nodded when the other male pointed out that at least Steady knew Odette was safe. Thank you for coming to let me know, he said sincerely. He knew it was a long journey, and Sebastian hadn't really been obligated to come and inform Steady of Odette's whereabouts. 

He watched the male trot off towards his own home, waiting until he was out of sight to turn and head back into the territory. He knew the rest of the pack would want to know this new information.