Neverwinter Forest a tiny island in the sea
48 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
She was awake earlier than most days, and roaming, which itself was an oddity for the usually reserved little girl. It was always one of the other lumps that found their way outside; they were the rambunctious ones, eager to get on with their lives. Eimear was the opposite. She liked the dark of the den, the cool air and warm bodies that she could always find there.

Eimear thought vaguely of finding something to eat when she woke - stretching - but was immediately taken by surprise by the sensation of warmth across her toes. When her eyes opened a little more, she could see that somehow she'd sleep walked to the den's mouth. As she reached and felt her body stretch out, her little toes danced in the afternoon sun, and the dirt beneath the glare was warm and pleasant. 

This prompted her to get to her feet. Her belly dragged a little on the dirt, and she passed beneath the sunlight with a squint and the folding of her ears, as if the light was doing something unpleasant to her skin. She poked her head out of the den and sniffed nervously at the air, and then with a glance back in to the dark (within which she could see nothing, because the glare of the sun had briefly blinded her new eyes) Eimear slunk out of the den and in to the unknown.

Her paws carried her a few feet from the den mouth before she tripped on them, somersaulted partway across a discarded tree branch, and landed on her chin in the dirt. As she lifted her head up again she bawked and hiccuped, looking around, but could not identify which direction she had been coming from, or where she intended to go next. The forest was dense around her and she, new and filled with anxiety, could only sit on her little tush with her big bright eyes filled with confusion.
Faoi bhun mo chiche beats croi de laochra fior
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I couldn't resist puppy and Java thread <3 I can delete if you like.

Kieran had been roused earlier than usual by one of his children. Thinking it was probably Rian or Szabala the two most curious, it was with surprise his green eyes fell upon Eimear.  Thus far she was the most reserved of the babies, though Dublin wasn't far behind. And she hardly ever left the den or it's occupants. To be honest Kieran had worried a bit about it.

Kieran watched her curiously as the sun lit across her pelt and he couldn't help the gentle swell of happiness at the color she would become. She was a bonny lass. Kieran didn't move allowing her to explore the dirt and the area with curiosity and on her own terms. He feared if he would speak it woudl cause her to slide back in and he wanted her to explore a little bit. 

Kieran slid forward his own belly scraping as Eimear slid from the mouth of their home. He watched her through the shadows as she slowly walked around in the sun. His heart tripped when she did, and he wanted to run to her right away, but he held himself back. Even though a small whine wormed it's way from his maw. Her quiet bawk and hiccough twisted his heart a little and with one look behind him and a kiss to Kaskara's head he slid from inside and settled behind his daughter.

Innit bonny wee eimear? such brightness an' color?
48 Posts
Ooc —
It had hurt but not for long, and already Eimear was recovering. She stared down at her feet and at the dirt though, regarding it as if she'd never seen either thing before. Or maybe she was just offended? Her eyes drifted to the branch strewn out behind her, and she squinted at it, her eyes full of befuddlement and irritation. It was more likely she was trying to logic her way through this oddness, but she was too young to really understand anything - so she stared at the branch, frowned at it, and frowned down at her toes. She didn't cry though. Eimear was not prone to making much noise even if something bad happened - she was such a quiet thing.

When finally she heard a voice, it was the familiar tone of her father, and she looked at him from across the branch with a gleam to her gaze. A small smile crept across her petite face and she, not really understanding his words but glad to see him all the same, smiled wide and chirped, Da-hee! But what was he talking about? She looked around, perplexed, and then got to her paws and slunk beside the branch - Bunny pee, da-hee?
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran watched with curious gaze and a tilted head as Eimear stared at the dirt and the trees. He had to chuckle at the expression of befuddlement on her face. He spoke softly at her curious gaze. That's a branch. yo ucan chew on it. play wi' it.

Her next words had Kieran rocking with laughter. He tried so very hard to keep the laughter from bursting forth, he didn't want to hurt her tiny feelings, but he couldn't help it. he hadn't even realized or thought about how his accent woudl come across to his children. He supposed bonny and wee could sound like bunny pee, and the way his daughter crept forward with such a serious expression on her face as she asked it. Naw, me sweet lassy, bonny an' wee. Beautiful agus beag
48 Posts
Ooc —
She still did not understand, but the more he spoke the happier she appeared. Her smile got bigger and bigger, and she balanced her front end on the branch in order to watch him. Every syllable that he spoke made her tilt her head one way or the other, with her big ears flopping back and forth; and then she loosed a giggle, and thing snowballed from there. Eimear couldn't stop herself - she tittered at every new sound he made, and then began to slur through her own interpretation.

Swee' la-la, bunny'n pee! Cue laughter. Boom-boo bah! This was perhaps the most noise she had ever made, and the majority of it was an uproar of giggles and snorts. Eimear lifted her head as she laughed, spoke, laughed some more, and then managed to unbalance herself and fall backwards in to the dirt again. This time she wasn't stunned by it, but rolled about with her feet kicking the air, and giggled until she gasped for breath.

She wiggled around so that she could look under the branch now, since it was propped up by stones and dirt and from her vantage point beneath it, there was a gap. Her eyes gleamed gold and were filled with mirth as she spied upon him. Dah, wan' hungry. It wasn't quite right, but she hadn't grasped language as readily as her siblings either, due to being a quiet child. But she knew she hadn't had breakfast, and that her parents always brought them things - so now she wondered if he had anything for her.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Do you want to finish this up and have a new one? I'm sorry i was away, my computer crashe and I finally got one this week. I am trying to explain his absence as he went on a hunt, but I am waiting for permission.
Kieran's own grin appeared on his muzzle as his daughter continued to giggle and titter. The mores he laughed, the louder she got until she was laughing so hard, kieran felt a belly laugh roll from deep inside. He chuckled harder at her slurring, and then he poised his ears forward and waited, listening and waiting.

Kieran rushed forward when she fell, but she was fine. She just continued to giggle and move about her paws windmilling through the air. Kieran backed up as she was fine and waited for her to right herself. She would be fine, if she would do so.

His tail went in a sweeping wag, when she spoke her next words and he looked around thinking. Well wee wan. chucker yer want daddy ter dig yer up somethin' or chucker yer want ter watch me grab a squirrel?