Silvertip Mountain Mama and Papa miss their little warrior
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
All Welcome 
OOC: Just gonna get this departure thread outta the way before I finish up the others! All pack members welcome to say their goodbyes @Steady

Krypton had been battling her thoughts for quite some time now. Every night she would wake up from the same nightmare, the same scene, the same laugh. No matter what herbs she consumed or where she slept, nothing ended the long nights for her. All she could see was the silver coin. And that silver coin had a bone to pick with her. Krypton didn't know Silver resided in Teekon Wilds, she didn't know her parents drove all of the kids out. All she knew was that she had to put an end to these dreary nights and replace them with something else. Perhaps a dream of her victory.

Rising from her sleeping position, the wolf untangled her legs and went out of her den. She headed towards the border, unsure if she would really do it. Was it worth moving out of her home to go and fight these inner demons? Was it worth risking her life for her pride and pleasure in sleep and life? Was it truly worth it?

She let out a sigh, her head hanging low. She turned back to look at her home. Oh, how she loved the mountain and all of its inhabitants. Every single wolf here had a paw on her heart, every wolf here was her family and friend. Every wolf here deserved a better wolf than Krypton. If she wanted to make herself better for them, she would have to convince herself that she was good enough and ready to come home.

The path would be long to reach her original birth home, the homeland could have even changed and moved on. Her parents and grandparents could be dead for all she knows. But that can't stop her, doubt is nothing to her. She turned her gaze to the outside world once more, her front paw taking one step out of the territory into the neutral land. She remembered the path home, she remembered the scents and faces she saw. She remembered the landmarks.

But would her own family remember her? And would they accept her back in with open arms? And what would the others think of her leaving? Would they disown her? Would they hate her? Would they tell her to never return?
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady had been patrolling his pack lands, diligent in marking and making sure everyone else knew his claim on it. His gaze caught sight of movement, and his tail wagged when he seen Krypton. He barked to get her attention before trotting over towards her, a smile on his face. Hey, Krypton, where ya going? His voice was pleasant, thinking she was off to scout somewhere, or hunt, as any other pack mate might be.

He had always thought fondly of Krypton. She had been so dedicated, so strong, for this pack, even in its worst times, and he didn't think there would ever be a way for him to convey just how much she meant to him. She was every bit like a sister to him.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Before she could leave the lands without another word, Krypton was greeted by Steady. His soft words made her smile light up, but her mood was still heavy and somber. She looked at him with a sad smile, motioning her head towards the neutral lands. "Steady," she said slowly, feeling anxiety rack her bones. "I have to go. Something's not right in my homeland, I can sense something off. And I fear the worst for my birth family." It was a half-truth half-lie. She sensed something wrong but didn't exactly explain what it was. Nor really a lie, more of 'leaving out important info'. 

"I know this on short notice and I'm sorry," she said, her gaze and stature low. She stiffened a rough, pathetic laugh at herself. "Look at me, deserting my own family for wolves who probably forgot who I am. Way to prioritize, huh?" She said, forcing herself to keep the tears at bay.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
His good mood instantly changed, and his expression went blank as her words seeped in. His brain didn't want to accept them, let alone understand them. He opened his maw to speak a couple times before he could form a coherent thought. He just couldn't fathom Krypton, the true loyal wolf who he had made his Beta, was going to leave him. No, he said. It almost came out as an order. He didn't want her to leave, it was as simple as that.

He looked confused as his eyes searched her face. Let it be a joke- a cruel, cruel joke. He could forgive her for it. Then, he realized it. Were you going to leave without telling me? After all they had been through, the heartache, the loss, was she really just going to try and walk away without a word?
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
(T-T Mark Ellen stop making me cry internally)

His response came out, making the beta look at him, utterly shocked. No? Was he not going to let her leave? She expected confrontation no doubt, especially with Silvertip almost falling apart with all of the death from the famine, but not to be held as a prisoner. Her ears flattened in guilt as he asked his question. "I didn't wish to disturb anyone who was asleep." Somewhat true, but not the entire truth. "And it was a stupid idea from the start not to come and talk to you first." She wasn't even going to stand her ground. 

She wanted to leave, but did she want to risk her relationship with Steady over wolves who forgot her name and threw her out? "I'm sorry Steady, I'm so sorry." She said, her nose almost grazing the ground.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska came in, but remained at a distance when he heard what Krypton said. Leaving? He would have not believed it if he hadn't done the very same thing some time ago. And the reason, it was different to his. Family was important, blood or not. 

He stepped out when Steady said 'No'. He let him finish before speaking up. He thought that Krypton should be able to go. After all, he had left without a word before. "Steady, I know how hard it is to say goodbye." He turned his head to Krypton. Then took a step forward before nudging her shoulder. "Good luck out there."

Just throwing him in here to say goodbye
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
His utter confusion slowly melted into hot molten anger as his heart began to beat uncontrollably in his chest, feeling as if it would burst from the pain it was in. You're right, he said, anger laced his words. It was a stupid idea. Stupid of you to think that we would rather sleep than to know that you're going of your own free will. Stupid to think it would be better for us to wake up and just have you-you gone! His breathing was getting labored and it was all he could do not to shed the tears the swelled in his eyes.

Chaska picked a very bad moment to open his maw, and Steady growled, his head whipping around as his jaws opened, and then closed in a formidable and loud snap. It was a warning, and the only one he would give. His gaze turned back to Krypton. I-I don't even understand! You've been through it all with me! How can you leave? The last words were said as his voice broke, but he refused to give in to crying. 

545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
The anger in his words made her shrink down to the ground, guilt, shame, and fear mixed in her eyes. She didn't dare look at him, feeling his gaze already on her. She did notice Chaska come by and heard his words, but could say nothing. She knew this was a bad idea, it wouldn't go as planned.

"Because there is another family out there that needs their daughter back. The one that has been lost for two years now." She said slowly and quietly, not looking up again. The beta (soon to be loner) felt pressure weight her body down, her belly scraping the floor and paws covering her eyes. tears pricked the corners of her eyes, sliding onto her paws and cheeks. "I won't be gone for long Steady- please." She said, her voice shaky.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska felt obligated to speak up, but after Steady snapped at him, he kept his mouth shut and withdrew behind Steady to be out of the way. He had not seen Steady act so angry before, especially toward him. He could only watch in despair as Krypton and their alpha dealt it out.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He wanted to scream, "What about me?! What about us?!" But, he didn't. Steady was a family wolf and and reasoning tried to peak its way into his thought process. He couldn't remember a time when he had seen her like this- so submissive and crying. You haven't been lost- you've been here. He tried to reason with her, but did he really think that would work?

His heart finally shattered, and it broke his anger, too. He closed the distance between them, and tried to bury his face in the side of her neck. You have to promise me... Promise me you'll come back to us. She said she wouldn't be gone long, but he need more confirmation. He was so afraid she would go back and never return. What if they needed her more than he did? No, it wasn't possible, he refused to believe it. No one could value her more than he. His tears finally shed to be absorbed by her fur, but he didn't retreat. He wasn't ready to let her go, he never would be.

If the PP isn't okay, let me know and I'll change it! <3

Edit: Edited in a conclusion to archive this.

In time, he would come to terms with Krypton's departure, and his feelings would change from anger, to confusion, to simply missing her and wishing her back home. He would let her leave, but he would remain at the borders until she was long out of sight.