Horizon Ridge come with me, and you'll see
117 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Nearly two whole weeks had passed since the rockslide. Kennedy had spent the first week in and out of consciousness, his head throbbing and his leg engulfed in pain. The start of the second week had been slightly better, and yet Edy did not feel that his mood had improved at all. He was able to hobble around just enough to relieve himself, then he headed right back for his spot under an old tree. His den had been forgotten, as he had not been able to travel far enough to make it back there.

The others occasionally brought him food, but Edy did not make conversation with them. He had lost weight in the process, leaving his skin tight against his bones. What had once been a magnificent creature was slowly devolving into a mess of something barely recognizable. Prior to the incident, Edy had been seeking socialization anywhere he could get it. Now, he had withdrawn, feeling he was nothing but dead weight. Useless, just had he had been back home.
32 Posts
Ooc — LyknScribe
The hour would be an early one when the heavy female came upon this unknown male. She stood large compared to many of the small framed females in this and other territories. Her heavy coat and excessive size gave her away easily as a wolf from the far northern climates. She was not designed for the warm of the spring or the heat of their summer.

The swelling in her body had eased up as her mind acknowledged the death of her pups and had begun the process of drying up the milk it had produced. She stopped several yards from the other, not wishing to alarm or encorach upon the den of a wounded wolf.

Clamped between her deadly ivory jaws was a dead rabbit of impressive size. It was undamaged save the broken neck. She laid the rabbit down for a moment, in the space between her front paws as she looked at the other. Pink snake slipping free to lick the blood from her parted maw.

"Hello Stranger, I do not believe we met. My name is Nuka...I am new to these lands. You should eat."

She offered passively and began to pad toward him. She hesitated at three yards, as he could possibly attack. After a moment of indecision, she came forward anyway and laid the bunny at his feet. Her posture was relaxed, open..almost maternal. If not attacked, she would retreat a few feet for the comfort of the wounded animal.

"What ales you?"
117 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Kennedy saw her, but he did not really see her. She was an object that brought food, but he did not pounce on it as he should have. Instead, he drew himself up into a sit and stared at the dead rabbit. He felt oddly like the strange spidery creature he had warned Akhlut about a few weeks ago, and a croaking sound came from his mouth. He supposed the sound had intended to be a chuckle, but it sounded more like a gurgle when it finally erupted from his throat. It caused his head to ache, his back foot to become increasingly uncomfortable, and he wondered if it would ever cease.

“Why?” he said dryly, when she suggested he eat. To her question, Edy did not respond with words. Was it not obvious from his wounds that he was in pain? Every waking moment was spent in discomfort, and every moment of sleep was disturbed by it. Weary eyes fell to the ground, and his front half slumped with them, reclining once more.
32 Posts
Ooc — LyknScribe
The bitch watched him with a pensive and intense gaze. Auds perked in his direction. If she was bothered by his appearance or response she gave no outward sign. He was injured, and obviously unwell. A blind man could see such things. When asked why he should eat she tilted her head.

"Because, if you don't - you will die."

Passive, and simply put.

"While I do not wish for you to die - if that is your wish - there are much easier means to achieve that goal...and my food need not spoil at your feet."

Yep, kind - caring - loving....but norse. When that northern wolf kicked in, she tended to be pretty no nonsense about such things. She sat down watching him, her tail coming to rest over her front paws. It was an old habit, to block the chill
117 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
"Then take your food, and leave me be," replied Kennedy, eager to be alone again. She could have her food, it would not spoil, and he would get his peace. She seemed quick to force him to either die or stay alive, but Kennedy had not made that decision yet. And he sure as hell wasn't going to let somebody else make it for him. No, he would stay here and wither for as long as he wished, just barely getting by.

The Razorback shifted his hips, hoping for his leg to become slightly more comfortable. It had been broken badly in the rockslide, and he was certain that he would not be able to run—or walk, for that matter—the same way ever again. It was yet another tick on the "reasons to give up" list.
32 Posts
Ooc — LyknScribe
She did not bother to stand or depart. Instead, the large female remained seated calmly across from him. Her powerful haunches calmly coiled and settled on the warm of the earth. The thick plumage of her tail was wrapped over her paws as if to sheild from a long forgotten cold.

"Well aren't you a pleasant soul?"

She asked watching him. She looked at his stance and more so - the cause. His injury was impossible to miss. It was a wonder he had not been killed by a rival wolf. Or perhaps these lands were just more calm then the ones she was accustom to.

"Its rude to deny a gift."
117 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Kennedy shot her a look, dead in the eyes. It was a clear challenge, and one he hoped she would back down from. Obviously, he could do nothing to defend himself in his current condition. "First you tell me not to let your food spoil. Then you tell me it is rude to refuse your gift instead of letting it spoil. I do not want your pity, so leave me be." His demand ended in a growl, lip curled back to accentuate his point. There was little he could do beyond what he was already doing, but he was not completely devoid of movement, and he had little sense of self-preservation at this point.

It would be up to her to decide if she stayed or if she left him alone, but he strongly hoped it would be the latter. Perhaps things would be different if it had been Pump to show up, but this was just some no-name he'd never seen before.
32 Posts
Ooc — LyknScribe
She remained posied where she sat, several feet away. She met his eyes evenly, but her posture gave away no signs of threat or challange. She was accustom to stubborn males to proud to accept help, or to troubled by injury that they thought of death as a preferred option. Personally, it was a little irritating for her. If you are going to live - live, if not ... get on with it. That was her culture speaking and she knew it.

In truth, Nuka had a quiet heart and one which longed to maintain a balance in those around her. Her ears swiveled forward at the others aggression but waited until he had finished or some how managed to drag himself forward in an attack. As it was unlikely that he would accomplish that - she simply waited until he fell silent.

"You misunderstand. I have no pity for you. I don't know you. You seem a strong wolf and the pack needs your strength. To gain it, you must eat. "

She had a way about her that seemed almost maternal, her tail swished absently behind her before falling still again. Gentle eyes looking over him for a moment. He did seem a strong wolf, it was likely that was what troubled him so now. The strong, do not take pain well , instead of being humbled they find their worth in question.

There were things you learned living in a warrior culture.

"It's a good kill, take strength from it."
117 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sorry Edy is a stupid stubborn butt!

Instead of replying, or doing anything at all, the green-eyed male simply fell silent, looking away from her and shutting his mouth tight. He would not be swayed by her, not this time. Kennedy was done hearing whatever "words of wisdom" she had to say, and he tuned her out completely. With his head resting on the ground, he merely stared into nothingness and waited for her to leave.

If there was anything he hated more than being injured, it was others telling him what to do. Especially those who he considered beneath him. Kennedy had spent five years being told what to do and following the orders of his brother. That time was over.

He would not react to her, not anymore.

When the girl finally left, Kennedy allowed himself to relax enough to close his eyes and fall asleep, wasting the rest of the day in unconsciousness.