Larksong Grotto Northface
housewife, also prepared to fuck you up
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
All Welcome 
for jhala's warrior trade? a friendly spar or dispute? (:

It's hot today, and after stopping for a quick drink, the dark Vicar decides that a break is well deserved. She plops down under the shade of a lone tree, licking at a scar on her shoulder. She was rather bored and lonely, but she knows Reek will be back soon. Her warm amber gaze stares over the horizon, her tongue lolled out in a heavy pant. The grotto was such a great place-- even if she didn't believe in whatever religion ruled here. It was Reek's home, she was Reek's follower, therefore, this was home. The grotto was home. 
15 Posts
Ooc — Nicole
gonna be a bit vague since I'm still in the thread with Phares

Damaris had settled into the Grotto well, or so she liked to think. She patrolled often yet hadn't had a chance to hunt or work on any sort of trade, the albino still had to think of one she hoped to aspire for. Healing seemed the likeliest option but Damaris would need a teacher to make it a reality. Beyond that she wanted to take on a physical aspect, hunting or fighting.

The Sister panted slightly in the heat, grateful she had grown up in a hot biome, even if it means she will have a harder time come winter. The sun has burned her nose and ears to a ruddy color that no longer hurt, only numb from the exposure of the Daystar. 

She wasn't alone for long as she came across the dark form of Jhala, lowering herself accordingly as she approached with a friendly bark.
Live by the sun, love by the moon.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Jhala glances to her side, somewhat distracted. "Oh hey! Hey Damaris," she says, her tail wagging happily. This was the girl that she accepted in! That was so cool-- she was still here and wanted to talk to her. Awesome. 

"You wanna join me? It's nice under here," she says, scooting a little so the other could join her in the shade.

-- sorry for bad formatting ): on mobile --
15 Posts
Ooc — Nicole
"Hi," she greeted cheerfully, tail wagging though it remained low beneath her hips. Jhala was the one to recruit her and it would make sense that she was the one Damaris was most comfortable with. It wouldn't do to be too comfortable, that might be taken as insubordination.

"Sure," she agreed, moving to lay down nearby. "I met Phares," she commented as she stretched out, resting her head on her paws.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"Yeah?" Jhala asks, feigning excitement. "Did you learn anything?" She asks, still trying to involve herself in the religion. She didn't care for a religion-- there wasn't really anyone out there, it just didn't make any sense logically. But whatever, for Reek, she'd pretend. Besides, it did warm her heart to see so many wolves so passionate about something-- that didn't happen very often anymore.
15 Posts
Ooc — Nicole
"Some, I'm still confused on some fronts," she admitted. Jhala seemed trustworthy, someone she could talk to about her questions regarding the sun and her color. 

"Phares says the sun is Raas, the Merciful," her red gaze turned to the orb in the sky. "Why then does he blister any skin I have bared to him?" Her tone was confused, her brow furrowed as she remembered the pain of the now numb blisters on her ears and nose.

"He also says that the night is brought by the Heartless and when he corrupts the followers. I am most comfortable at night, away from the sun. What does that say of me?" She glanced at Jhala, hoping the Vicar had some notion of her turmoil.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"Uh," Jhala stares with her mouth slightly parted at Damaris as she speaks, struggling to come up with an answer. She's asked all the same things-- it's the reason she doesn't believe. It just isn't logical, it doesn't make sense. Granted, she prefers the day better than the night, but why is the silence of it so comforting? Religion is just a tool people use to find common ground. And that's fine, and all, but she doesn't believe. 

"I don't think that Raas expects us to understand all his ways," she begins slowly, studying Damaris with bright amber gaze. "I don't think it's bad you prefer the night. As long as you honor and respect the Daystar, I don't see anything wrong with what you do," she tells her with a smile.

"If you're still wary, though, when Reek-- sorry, Hiram-- returns, you can ask him. He will surely know the answer."