Two Rivers Isle Take me higher
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
All Welcome 
Today's sky was overcast and dreary, though a welcome respite from summer's heat for the pale wraith. Her stormy gaze glanced over the clouds, guessing at the chance of a storm. It certainly seemed like a thunderstorm was in the cards, which Aeronwyn anticipated. She loved storms, the wild chaos of them. Watching, from her den, as lightening slapped the earth and thunder shook in it's chains. A smile flitted briefly across her maw, she decided to see @Malice now, before it would rain, should it ever.

She had been planning on seeing her Lady for a while, and today made her way to the dark woman's den. She chuffed a greeting as she approached, settling on her haunches and waiting should her friend appear.
facilis descensus averno
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
I can use this as a trade thread... Tagging @Pyro and @Vassago for either visibility or a cameo

Malice was already sitting outside watching the sky. It was gray and somber, much like her time spent in the Dark Brotherhood. There was an awfully dark cloud to the East, above the mountains that were so high that they were easily visible. The leafs on the trees told her the wind was blowing that way too, so the chance was big that they wouldn't get a storm above them anytime soon. Though, perhaps the wind would change direction. It wouldn't be a surprise. Malice just hoped her children wouldn't get scared if the storm indeed blew their way.

She was easily drawn away from the canvas of gray shades, instead focusing on an almost cloud herself. It was Aeronwyn, she knew by both the smell and the coat. She smiled at her, not knowing why she was visiting. The scratches on her muzzle were easily visible as she greeted her with a nod, and spoke. Morning, Aeronwyn. Her fur bristled as the wind suddenly turned, now probably blowing the storm cloud their way. What brings you here?
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Her friend and Lady appeared soon enough, and Aeronwyn dipped her head in greeting. She did not feel the need to submit fully, feeling as if Maice were her friend, but did it anyway out of respect, briefly lowering herself to the ground in a show of subservience. Should Malice wish her not to act thus, she could simply tell her, but Aeronwyn would not assume anything yet. 

At Malice's question, Aeronwyn did not hesitate before relaying the reason for her visit. "Malice, I believe that I would like to pursue the trade of Naturalist as a secondary trade. Am I right in believing you have knowledge in this field? Perhaps, should you have the time, would you be willing to teach me some of what you know? I would be honoured."
facilis descensus averno
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice watched as Aeronwyn, the only female friend she had, submitted to her. Perhaps the power hungry Malice from last winter would've liked the sight, but this Malice only felt uncomfortable. No need to be so formal, dear. She said with a smile. Aeronwyn was like a younger sister. Malice had always wanted a sister when she was younger, so this feeling was foreign for her. Yet, she didn't know she had two half sisters somewhere near Blackfeather Woods.

She listened with care, trying hard to ignore the approaching dark cloud that definitely carried icy winds from the mountains to their warm summer air. Well, if Aeronwyn wanted to get a naturalist trade, this was the perfect day to start. You see that big dark cloud, East of here? She asked.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Malice seemed to be uncomfortable with Aeronwyn's formalities, and Aeronwyn resolved to treat the dark woman as she always had from then on. She agreed, it seemed to assist Aeronwyn, and the femme was happy, her expression relaxing. Her gaze travelled to the cloud, lumbering like a bear in the horizon. "Yes, a storm cloud. What of it?" she asked, curious. It seemed to her to be simply a cloud like any other, perhaps rain would follow. Perhaps thunder.
facilis descensus averno
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice smirked softly. She had never taught the rules and sights of the weather to anyone before. So far, she could only recall teaching a younger moonlit wolf, Sage, about the stars. Meh, seeing as how Sage never asked for another lesson, she didn't think she was very good at teaching. Oh well, she just hoped she wouldn't bore anyone to death.

You feel that wind in your fur? She asked. Answering questions and then answering those questions made one appear smarter, or so someone had told her once. 'course you do. The warm summer air is making place for the colder air, bringing the storm cloud to us. All the while the storm cloud was coming closer and closer, the edges already touching the hinterlands, she thought.
~Adopt Avalon!~

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
So the warmer air was pushed away, perhaps upward, as the cooler storm approached. Aeronwyn nodded, paying rapt attention as her lady spoke. She could almost imagine the air currents as they moved, picturing them in her mind. "How does one know the severity of a storm? All I can do is guess." she smiled ruefully. Reading the signs of a storm would be a very helpful thing to know indeed.
facilis descensus averno
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Another question reached her ears, and she swiveled them around. There was a loud booming sound in the distance, and birds were already retreating their way. Storms are very unpredictable, though I noticed that how darker the clouds are- the more rain will fall. It wasn't much information, but she hoped it was enough to satisfy Aeronwyn. You can also figure out how far you're from the storm by waiting for the lightning to strike. The longer it takes for the thunder to reach your ears- the further away you are. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
"I see." she said in response, committing the new information to memory. there was not much more she could think to ask, and she hated to bother her friend for too long. "My thanks. I will leave you now, I do not wish to impose." With a smile of gratitude, she dipped her head the the Lady, head filled with new information and perhaps, plans to achieve a new trade sooner or later. she spun on her heel and slipped away, though she was sure to see her friend again soon.
facilis descensus averno