Two Rivers Isle Teach me, young one
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian

Burke was in the meadows with flowers. He never thought that he would change his dark forest for a field with flowers. The male felt guilty for leaving Kendra behind. The girl would have loved this. So instead of dealing with his feelings Burke always wanted to do something. He already did patrolling of the borders and meeting loners, fending them off, but what he lacked especially now he was gearing up towards his mastery, the male hadn't practiced a lot of defensive fighting. Which was also part of his trade.

He howled for Aeronwyn, and once she arrived Burke greeted her with a nod. "Hi. I know you are working on your warrior specialty. I need to work on my defensive fighting for my Guardian Mastery. I thought maybe we could have a friendly spar together? I know you will probably kick my ass, I've been terribly out of shape fighting-wise. So take it easy on this old man, alright?," he spoke with a bit of a grin. Hoping that he could pick up some new things for her and refresh his own memories.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
A howl summoned her, piercing through the foliage above to fall in her ears. She perked, attentive when she recognized the call of Burke. She made her way to him quickly, never one to tarry should a leader call. She was before him soon enough, dipping her muzzle in a respectful greeting. After she greeted him, he made his request, a surprising one, one that made her proud. 

She agreed without hesitation, saying only "I would be honoured, my Lord. I am glad to help." She slipped into her stance, a relaxed, but attentive one. She favoured fighting from this position, it allowed for quick offensive moves.
facilis descensus averno
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was greeted with the sight of Aeronwyn. The male gave her a short nod in return as she greeted him with the right formalities. Burke knew this rank had great responsibilities. One that he had carried for a long time at Black Feather, yet having such high rank and the respect that came of their members was something that never grow old.

Burke relaxed his stance too, dipping his muscle so it would protect his throat. He was going to be a master guardian, yet he knew that his defensive fighting needed an upgrade. Especially after he lost so badly from that white female close to Black Feather.

this is also practice for me so totally tell me if something sounds/looks off or something! :D
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
He adopted his stance, protecting his throat. Though risky, perhaps insanely so, Aeronwyn left her own unguarded. It was a prime target, and left open so it was easy to predict attacks, and counter them with a ride range of moves she had learned. He fell silent, assumingly wanting to start immediately, so Aeronwyn began to fall into movement, circling her Lord. 

Almost immediately after she begun her circling, she lunged, straight for the ash male. Her maw was agape as she sought purchase onto the side of his muscular neck, hoping for a grip on his neck-fur ruff.
facilis descensus averno
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched carefully as the female left her own unprotected, he thought it was a strange tactic and it might be something could grab her on. Burke moved along with her circle, never allowing her to have his back, or bunnybutt, towards her. He wanted both his eyes on her. The male knew she was going to strike soon, and when she did she went for his neck.

Burke could dodge this attack but then he wouldn't be learning much about defensive fighting. He opened his maw too, blocking hers. While he did so the male turned his body behind his maw so the side of his neck wouldn't be exposed. He would need to see her attacks and block them, that would be a good practice. He stepped back giving her more room to attack him again. He couldn't keep using his maw. His weight would also be a good one to use.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Her strike, he blocked, twisting his tank-like body to better protect himself. There would be no circling, attacking every few minutes, she decided. Highly unrealistic. So as soon as she saw her strike was to be deflected, she feinted a strike for his flank, then another for his upper throat and head, letting her grip all where it may. Her bite was carefully controlled, she was in no mood to give her Lord new scars. 

This would be tricky, as with his bear-like body and advanced age, he had a whole host of experience behind him. But she would preserve, as her goal was not to win, but to launch a whole series of different style attacks to better help her Lord improve, as he so wished.
facilis descensus averno
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was quick to mirror her, but her faint attack did make him slower, after all the large male could not match the speed of a smaller and younger woman like Aeronwyn. When he felt her controlled bite on his throat it was accepted by himself that he had not been fast enough. The male had solutions flicker through his head, some were just playing dirty, which he wasn't really open for doing now.  

He had his weight with him, so instantly he leveled himself with her and started to push his weight against her. The male gave her shoves with his shoulder keep his body pressed against her. His paws trying to stand on her paws until she was letting go.

The playful fighting which turned out to be more educational for Burke after all continued smoothly. Both wolves seemed to have learned some new techniques. They kept going at it till Burke was tired.

- fade end-