Silver Creek the endless pull
You did not break me I'm still fighting for peace
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
All Welcome 
She was settling slowly, still moving like she didn't belong - the normal confidence, the calm composure, it was away from Rowan. Still she doubted how long this home would last - Donnelaith had long since vanished from her coat. The Creek was now firmly settled there. The witch lifted herself out of the makeshift den she'd selected, slowly combing the packlands. She didn't know anyone other than Casmir, Laika, and Spring, and the latter of the three she barely knew. She bit her lip, brows knitting as she felt a twinge from the puppies. They grew stronger day by day.  
And I know that I can survive
I walked through fire to save my life

[Image: counselor.gif] 4/5,[Image: caretaker.gif] 1/5
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Following her spree of leaving the borders, Amber found herself keeping home. Its not like there was much of a need, she thought bitterly: Indra and Laurel were gone. For all the shadow fae worried, the one at the front of her mind was simply that they were happy, healthy, and living. 
Never did she link the strange-acting Finch to Reek, he who'd come and tried to take his babes. And clearly, succeeded. 
Thankfully, there was a presence that tore her from her inner turmoil. The newest Silver Creek member, and apparently she was carrying Casmir's siblings: as usual, Amber didn't press, but she did approach with a smile across her inky face and her tail wagging above her. She displayed proper dominance for her rank, but was not overbearing or demanding; really, she was only here to make friends with the witch. 
                   "Hello!"
[Image: Z077D80.jpg]
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
Rowan watched the female approach, her posture neutral. Pregnant and alone she couldn't - and wouldn't - risk her place with something so petty as rank. Especially when the other female was just a step above her. "Hello,"  She offered more gently, trying to force herself into warming. 

It was a struggle for her sometimes, to melt into the company of others, to mix herself entirely into the pack. She tried a brief, small smile, another twinge from her stomach. For a moment she was caught off guard, her silver eyes flashing the slightest bit. 

Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Amber cared little for rank, only showing her own because she was a proud creature; as long as there were no challenges, this woman could do whatever she pleased. The shadowy queen stopped at a distance that allowed them to both talk without raising voices but also gave the expecting witch room. Rowan looked nervous: Amber couldn't blame her, after all that'd happened lately.
                   "How are you? I'm Amber Ciel, by the way."
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
"Rowan Mayfair." She offered in response to the female's name. Mayfair, the same as Casmir, the same as her brood would bare when they came earthside. For now they were unnamed though thoughts still circulated as to the titles she would give them. "Spring's sibling?" She asked after a pause, it wasn't as if either of their last names were common and it seemed that many didn't even bother with the notion of family names at all.

227 Posts
Ooc —
Rowan Mayfair? Clearly, this woman was related to Casmir-had she not already known he'd taken Liaka as his mate, she would have assumed this fair woman was his wife- but she didn't know how. It seemed as if they both recognized each others names, however, puzzle pieces falling into place. The ebony Ciel nodded with a quip of her lips, tail wagging.  
                   "Older, yes. Casmirs....."
For a moment, Amber let her eyes roam over the pale coat of Rowan-she didn't resemble him in any way, but then again look at her and Spring. Eventually, she just made a good guess, tipping her head in question. 
                               "Sister?"
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
This would be a frequent issue, she felt. The constant explanation of what she and Casmir were to one another only meant more issues for her, for him. 'Related," Rowan offered instead. Quiet, a correction that was as gentle as anything else. She hadn't had a chance to properly lay out just how they were all related and she didn't want to talk to Casmir and pester him when he had far more important things on his mind. "Have you been here long?" She asked curiously, wondering about the other packmates. She didn't know when the pack had formed, at least not accurately. 

227 Posts
Ooc —
All Rowan offered was that they were related, and even if curiosity pressed at her, it was enough to let it go-later on, she'd learn more. The gentleness of the female was soothing, not to mention the promise of new babies within a month or so. 
Switching the topic, Amber was glad to give her an answer-but how long had she been here? It'd only been a few weeks, right? Thinking back, though, it was longer: Ambers face twisted into one of surprised when she realized just how long it'd been since finding Spring.
                        "Somewhere close to two months, actually. Are you liking it here?"
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
"It is a pleasant change." Rowan offered quietly. She missed the forest, recovering as it was, and she missed the way that the trees swallowed her up as the fog rolled through their trunks. She did not miss the threat of danger, however, and she felt here a chance to actually relax and to recover. It would be a long time before she could even leave or change her location so she had to really think about what she did as she did it. "The only thing I miss is the sea's proximity." Rowan said quietly - because the sea had been upon the breeze so often, it had risen up to surge and cry against the shore. 

It was a pleasant sound, a pleasant memory. It was untrue that the sea was the only thing she missed. But the wolves of Donnelaith had changed, and the pack's makeup would continue to change. She would someday, with luck, take her children to see it. There was no real guarantee though. "Have you been to see it?"

227 Posts
Ooc —
Rowan's answer didn't sound like she was fully happy here, even if she claimed to only missed the sea - perhaps there was another factor in the equasion, like a father? - but Amber knew better than to push. When the ebony femme was asked about the shore, she smiled- she'd come across the shore to get here.

"I followed the shore from the Tiaga here, and I must say I wish I could live there. What was your life like there?"
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
She was still guarded, only offering her story in bits and pieces because it was hers and it involved her unborn children and she was still uncertain about the darker woman. She didn't have to reveal her whole soul, not as she had to for Spring and Laika, not as she had chosen to do for Casmir. She was polite enough in giving some brief explanations - the Depths that neighbored them, how it had changed things - and what she had done. She did not speak of her spirits or her magick, that was too close to her heart and the very things that made it beat. 

Eventually Rowan did retreat, tired and needing rest - the children were beginning to drain her more and more.