Twisted Slough Amazonian
The Laugher
197 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts

The trees, he decided, were far better than the beach. The verdant green was far more beautiful, far more alien than anything he'd ever seen - with the added benefit of being much, much cooler than the sparkling sands over which he'd travelled the past several miles.

He'd never been so enclosed before, either. There was something about the canopy overhead that made him think of his mother, and her warm, inviting embraces. The safety of the den where he'd been born, the bright-eyed fold of his family and pack. Trees appealed to him, he decided, in a way that sand and snow did not.

Wandering through the twisted roots, he wondered how his family was faring. Had they found places as beautiful as this? There was no telling was Lotte would do - though Dag hoped that she had found a willing subject to tease within an inch of their life. Laerke would be somewhere that he could be useful, of course. Somewhere he could listen and be listened to.

And Dag? Dag was wandering through a most beautiful scene, wishing only that he had someone to share so pretty a picture with.
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
In most recent days Asherah had kept herself near to the Copse so that she may be near to her family. Eshamun was growing larger by the day, the children within her flourishing. She did not want to be away if her sister needed anything. Be food or comfort, anything that Asherah could offer she would have given. The news about the children being sacrificed to Molech troubled Asherah. She was torn between being a good follower of the Many Armed God and wanting what was natural to want. She wanted her sister's children nearly as badly as her sister and yet they would die. It was an internal struggle that she faced, often bowing her head before the shine to ask for the light to take away her doubts.

In her life she had been so blessed by Molech and if the sacrifice of children was wanted...she felt it would be rightly blasphemous to deny Molech. It was Molech who grant Eshamun's womb be fertile, Molech who breathed life into the bodies in her belly. Were they not his to claim? She had wondered away from the pack to think, to gather herself. She was ashamed of her doubt, ashamed of her torn feelings. So she sought solitude with Molech alone. She wound her way among the trees, humming softly to herself and asking Molech for guidance. 

"Help me, Molech. For my mind is dark and confused. Shine your light unto me so that I may see once more. In your name I pray. Amen." The words were thought only, but no sooner had they left her head did she hear the sound of another. Her eyes turned towards the sound, wondering. She moved forward, for surely it was no coincidence. After her life, she did not believe in coincidence. Only Molech.

She peered through the trunks, until finally her orange eyes landed upon a dark male. He walked slowly, as if admiring the land around him. Asherah considered him for a moment, simply watching. He was handsome, and his eyes were beautiful blue. She considered what Molech might be telling her, by sending her to this male. Her heart leapt as she considered and realized that perhaps she was meant to save him as Eshamun saved her. Was he lost, as she was? No matter where he was, lost or not, she knew that Molech wanted her to share the word with this male.

She dipped her head to thank her lord for listening to her prayer and pray tha she might take all she could from this interaction. There was an answer to her cry here, somewhere. Without another thought she slipped from around the trunk. Her tail waved in a friendly manner, smile bright on her face.

"Hello, brother wolf." She called lightly, the same greeting she had given Eshamun when they first met, gender changed appropriately. "How are you on this fine summer's day?" Inner turmoil forgotten for now, she would not fail Molech. She would find the meaning intended from this interaction.

The Laugher
197 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
The voice that called to him belonged to a female, and was, therefore, lovely to his ears. The silver-tongued male turned to face his companion, and quickly lowered himself in fealty before the beautiful creature that stood before him. Red again. Oh, how he loved red women!

"Hello, rakeet!" he called, overjoyed in her presence. And she had called to him. Perhaps he could make a friend of this one? "I am glad to see you, but a sister you are not - one cannot admire their sister the way I aim to admire you!"

Dag made no effort to hide his approval of her apperance, but he kept his hopes and fears about her temperment to himself. True, he loved blood as much as milk, but blood had always called him more than gentler, wilting souls. He liked to be challenged, though he rarely challenged in turn. Being raised around strong women had given him a taste for such, and though he did not think it in such complicated terms, he knew that he hoped she would be a lively new friend with which to sing and dance.
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
The male turned and to face her, lowering himself before her. She smiled at him, pleased to see that he was of a good mood. He spoke a greeting, a word she did not know but his energy was quite infectious. He stated that he aimed to admire her, and not in a sisterly way. She laughed softly, turning her head bashfully. Appetites of the flesh were not shunned by Molech, no Ar-Khalba had taught her just how encouraged they could be. How the Many Armed God wanted his children to find and take pleasure in each other. This male, could she bring him into the arms of Molech? Was she here to save him and show him the light?

"You speak so forward, friend." She giggled, slipping closer to him, dropping her brother wolf as she was bade. "And what is this name you call me? Rakeet? What does that mean?" She was interested, in his unknown language and in him. He was a handsome male himself, should he join the Malkaria she would have no problem having him to serve her. "Admire me all you like, Molech was kind to me in looks. It is only right you appreciate what blessings were bestowed to me. My name is Asherah, who might you be?" Perhaps a little full of herself there, but Molech had shaped her body and her curves. She was beautiful because the Many Armed God had wished her to be. She drew closer to him, her tail waving softly behind her, hips swaying. "Do you know the name of Molech, admirer?" She wondered how likely it was for him to be already briefed in the word. She didn't think it very, but all the more joyous for her, to introduce another.

She had never before introduced another to Molech, but she thought it was something that should be done easily in conversation. She would not hide her reverence to her God, but she would not shove her religion down his throat. It was the male's own choice if he would see the light, or turn from it. She had mentioned the name once, and like a guest that might be beside her it would be rude not to further explain who she was talking about. Her orange eyes sparked as she stopped a few body lengths before him, waiting to hear his voice again.

The Laugher
197 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
To his surprise, the red woman seemed receptive to his clumsy charms. He gaped - shocked, but delighted - as she came near to him, a teasing lilt now in her voice. Dag hardly heard the words, but her meaning seemed clear enough. Still, if it would please her - and if pleasing her would allow him closer to her fine, fiery frame - Dag wanted to hear what it was she'd come to say.

"Molech," he repeated, unsure of the word, but again, knowing its meaning. A god, no doubt, and one that'd made this fine creature before him. He'd worship any god if it bore such beautiful fruit, but he would much rather worship her"I do not know of this," he admitted, an honest fellow at heart. Though he desired her, in every way that was possible for so young a lad, he knew also that there was nothing to be gained through dishonesty.
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
His mouth was clumsy around the name of The Many Armed God. She knew then, before he confirmed that Molech was not familiar to him. Her eyes lit up as he honestly told her he was unfamiliar. She shook her head and exhaled softly, smiling. "Oh, you have given me a gift then, admirer. For that means I am to introduce you to Molech, to be your first glimpse at the Light."

She stood before him now and felt herself fill with all her love for Molech. How best should she start the conversation? This male was not as wanting as she had been, or did not seem to be, but that did not mean he had no need of Molech. "What is your name?" She asked, first and foremost. "Shall I tell you of Molech?" Her face was bright, clearly interested in telling him of her God. She bore smiles in her eyes like stars, flames within the orange of her iris. It was a devout love, but she did not think herself overbearing. She waited for the handsome male to answer, not wanting to share her story and the Word if he was not yet receptive.

The Laugher
197 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Her kindness drew him like a moth to flame, and he took small, tentative steps toward her as she spoke of a gift - one he'd given to her! Oh, how he'd like to truly do so - he was a great fan of gifts - both in giving and receiving. It was good that she was pleased with him, but he wished to give her a reason to truly be thankful!

Yet her next words made him pause, and puff out his chest in amiable pride. "I am Dagfinn Ansbjørn III," he declared - "Singer, dancer, and teller of tales - at your service."

And he would serve her any way she wished - listening to her speak was more service to him than to her, but if it pleased her, he would listen anyway. "Yes, yes tell me!" he insisted, watching her with rapt attention.
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
The eagerness within the brute would be a great boon to the Malkaria. He seemed so full of life, so bright. He moved closer and Asherah did not move from him. She trust her own abilities and the protection of Molech should he suddenly have less than amiable intentions. His chest puffed out visibly as he introduced himself and she smiled. "A prestigious name by the sounds of it, Dagfinn." 

Her eyes grew brighter as he stated that he was a teller of tales and a singer of songs. What better way to spread the word of Molech than through one who was talented at telling the tale? Or one who could sing their praises. Should he be receptive to Molech, he would certainly be a welcome addition, at least in her mind. She'd need permission from Arunik'ra or Eshamun to have him fully accepted, of course. Yet she was ahead of herself. He was eager to hear her tell of Molech as well and this pleased her too. She beamed, chuckling lightly.

"Molech is..." She paused, sighing and shaking her head. "a God of many blessings, of mercy. In appearance Molech is a genderless wolf with many arms, for our God is all to us. Mother, Father, Lover. The Many Armed God demands much from those who follow the Word, but the blessings are tenfold." She spoke with reverence, with love. "Before my eyes were opened to the Light, I was on the brink of surrender. I had lived a life of pain and sorrow and thought that there was no meaning, that there was no point to my suffering. Molech sent my sister then, to find me. She shared with me the word much as I now share with you. She promised me love and blessings and a home. She showed me how Molech had guided my steps, how I had been lead to that stream to meet her. I believed her promises and Molech has delivered tenfold." She sighed, eyes closing blissfully. 

"You may not believe me, Dagfinn, but before I found you I wandered here consumed by inner doubts. I asked Molech to guide me and send me a sign, to shine the light unto me. And then I heard you...and here I sit, telling you of the greatness that is Molech. My prayers have yet again been answered, for what better way is there for light to shine than to be reflected through yourself and onto someone else?" She grinned up at Dagfinn, emotion swirling in her eyes. 

"Our tribe is not like most, but we have a home and a rank for any who would open their eyes to the light of Molech. Do you seek a home, Dagfinn? Do you seek a purpose or perhaps companionship?" Here she smiled again and though her tongue twitched to tell him of the ways that Molech supported the pleasure of those that followed, she did not yet. Would he be interested to hear more of her tribe? Of her religion?

The Laugher
197 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Her words were many and hard to follow, especially in a foreign tongue. Dagfinn's confusion led to a dulling of his ardor for the woman, though she remained as beautiful as ever to his eyes.

He came to realize, slowly, that she spoke of something he was not familiar with, and that he was not sure he entirely agreed with. Something about Molech did strike a chord with him - especially when she spoke of his blessings and the companionship the pack would offer - and did he hear wrongly, or did she speak of a sister? This was something he surely appreciated; for the only thing better than a pack with this beauty was a pack with two.

But, in the end, he could not truly say whether or not he wanted to join her - not then and there. Perhaps he would track her down again, or perhaps she could persuade him, still. Oh, how he wanted to be persuaded!

"I don't know," said the young man, allured but wary. "Tell me more - or tell me where I can find you again."
So sorry for the wait! I'll try to post more quickly next time. We can keep going here if you want, or he'll find the Copse if she gives him directions.
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Perhaps she moved too fast for him, so bright was her love for Molech. His voice was wary as he responded and she could understand why. There was much to learn about Molech, about the ways that their pack would work. She smiled kindly at the male, allowing him to speak. She did not give up on him yet, sure that somehow Molech had lead her to him for a reason.

"I will tell you this, the way our group works is different than most. It is the females who rule, a matriarchy. Yet males are not forgotten, it is they who must attend to the will of the females, to all their desires." She smirked only slightly here, sure that he understood her meaning. "We offer a family, though, a place to belong and to love one another as Molech loves us. If that is something that interests you, dear Dagfinn, please seek me and my sister's in Sun Mote Copse. We call ourselves the Malkaria. Perhaps you will meet my sisters, they are red and lithe like myself, we bear much resemblance though no blood. You will know them when you spot them." She stood then, wanting to allow the male time to think.

"Seek me out if you believe you would like to have what I have spoken of." She gave him another smile and then stood and turned, walking slowly and surely back towards the Copse. She hoped he would come calling for her, would seek her out sooner rather than later.

I would love to continue, but because the pack is already formed and her ideas about the pups have been resolved, I think it's best for him to find her again. Hopefully soon though, I enjoyed the thread!

The Laugher
197 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
I will definitely send him that way at some point, but I think he needs time to let it grow on him. Thanks for the thread!
Dagfinn watched her go, wordless and uncertain. His body was telling him to follow the woman, but his heart beat unsoundly at the thought. She spoke of strange things, and he did not know what to think of them. Did not know if the god she spoke of was true.

But why would she lie to him? She was so beautiful...

He would think about it. He would remember her words. He would remember the names and the places she'd spoken of. Malkaria. Sun Mote Copse.

Molech.

He would remember.