Wapun Meadow the botanical gardens
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Private 
For someone's who's passions rested among the plants, finding a splendidly painted area like the Meadow was a gift. Isley could barely contain her glee, flitting like a bird between the varied shades of flower - each seemingly more beautiful than the last. The redhead only paused for a brief moment to inspect a new rising bud, sniffing gingerly to confirm it's identity before she moved on to the next. 

She was blissfully content, her green eyes scouring the foliage rather than the horizon - enough that were someone approaching she wouldn't realize it at first. She was much better situated in the quiet and still among the plants than in a proper social situation anyways. 

@Palisander if you're interested!

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Of course! :D

A new wolf entered Teekon Wilds however this individual did not know that he had entered these lands some time ago. This male was not aware of what was Teekon, or where it started. There was no knowledge there about the names of these lands or the name of certain packs. Palisander had been on the road for some time now. Traveling away from his parents lands in search of his own. It was time, recently he passed his second year, and his father had been growing more uneasy around him. His father wanted to stay the leader of these lands. Palisander was not one to argue because leading a pack was not in his visionary just yet. Perhaps later he would find some interest in having some of his own, for now, the male liked to have fun and test his intellectual skills.

When he arrived in the meadow the autumn colored male was not the only one. He was a social creature, as most wolves are. When seeing the red wolf amongst the flowers he was enthused at the sight. His blood orange eyes scanned over the female from a distance. She seemed to have an admiration for flowers seeing how she sniffed a young flower bud. The male looked around and spotted the blue hues of a forget-me-not flower. He reached down and picked a small branch of the blue beauties. Palisander lifted his head a bit, holding the branch with the blue flowers delicately in his mouth. With a casual stroll he moved towards her. His tail in a natural stance as he approached the female.

The male chuffed softly once he reached the appropriate distance to greet a stranger. His warm colored eyes looking into hers. He dared to step closer and placed them before the female. A charming smile on his lips. The observant battered his warm eyes at her. "I happen to notice how you were enjoying these flowers. So, I thought I'd bring you these 'Forget me not'-flower I found further down the meadow," he spoke on a charming tone. He sat down with a hint of a smug smile. "You should smell them at night, during the day they unfortunately don't give off as much scent," he spoke, wanting to indirectly show her that he had knowledge about plants and their flowers.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
For Isley she was worried about little. Her cares and concerns seemed so far away. She was just among her flowers, happy and pleased to be with the plants. If it was possible to live only among them and no wolves to bother her? Well. She would. Of course in her thoughts she would be interrupted, a male approaching her to end the happiness she had experienced with being alone. She was about to turn away, to leave the area when she noticed the bundle of plants in his mouth. He stopped at first, far enough away to not be a threat to her. Then he stepped closer, laying the flowers at her feet before suggesting to her not to smell them in the daylight. Her green eyes shifted up to his face, his smile, his brilliant eyes - he knew about plants. At least this plant. "Do you know their other name?" She tested, her tail swaging just a hint behind her. 

Still, she questioned his motives, but had he not correctly labeled the flower he offered her he might not have gotten the time of day from her. "Myosotis scorpioides - Scorpion Grasses." While she was not exactly smug about it, the tone promised that she knew what she was talking about. She only hoped that maybe, just maybe, he might know what he was talking about too. What a dream that might be. 
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander looked down at the branch because the female knew the original name. The autumn colored male slowly quirked up his lips, not many knew the original name. She was putting him to the test and he rather liked that. He was up for a challenge. He rather liked the other name because then he could be smug about it that she should not forget him. But perhaps it would not work on this female. This seemed to be her area of expertise, maybe she was not easily impressed. "Myosotis scorpioides. I do know. It is often known for the name Scorpion Grass due to the spiraling curve of its inflorescence. Myosotis is greek for 'mouse's ear', referring to the petals of the flower," he added.

His mother had been quite a flower lover too. He had always been willing to listen to her stories because the young male found out soon enough that if his mother liked it, other ladies might like it too. "I'm Palisander," he introduced. "You know about plants and flowers, very interesting," he murmured, tail swaying playfully behind him. Now he was close to her he could put his nose to work, meaning that he might be able to sniff out if she was in a pack or not. It seemed that she did not smell of other wolves. Was she a loner like him, alas he could never be sure.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
It was a surprise to her to find anyone else who had the sort of respect for plants to learn their names and the ins and outs of why. Instantly she was drawn to him, if for no other fact than his knowledge of plants. She even mustered a smile, where normally she was put off by the presence of males after a lifetime of hearing their treachery. But he knew plants. At least something of them, and it was enough to make her curious. "Isley Kali." She offered the male, green eyes sweeping him over again. 

She was curious where he had learned, too, but certainly it was too much to wish for another family like hers where it was ingrained in each of them and passed from mother to child. "It has been my family's legacy for generations." She explained with a small smile. "Who did you learn from?' She asked finally, figuring it wasn't asking too much or being too invasive. 
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
She told him his name, meaning he gained a bit more trust that he had before. The male even got rewarded with a smile. A beautiful one even though small. He bobbed his head in greeting now he knew her name. She had these piecing green eyes, which would heavily contrast with his own color. They popped out even more because of her red coat. He was quite charmed by her, then again, he was quickly charmed by the female forms. But ones with intellect were the cherry on top.

"My mother loved flowers and I was smart enough to listen to her. She is a very wise creature. I do find them beautiful, flowers I mean," his voice carried on. "There is away about them that captivates me. How they color this field in all these different colors. The scent that comes off some of them. It is like an art, art by nature," he hummed.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Palisander didn't realize his fortunes, truly. She was worried over the presence of men, being too close to them and what that might mean for her. Maybe it was all a big ploy but she was so excited to find someone else who knew anything about flowers and plants that she could ignore things for a moment. "It is an art." She agreed safely. "That you can cross some to make a new species, that some will bloom only with the moon's rays and some only with the sun's - it is beautiful." She agreed. 

It would be a pity but she knew eventually she would have to find a home to stay in. Before winter approached Isley would have to swallow her pride and put herself somewhere. "Unfortunately I doubt I would be sustained here in winter, there is no one else I'd rather stay." She mused with a small smile.
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander didn't realize that he was fortunate that this girl was smiling and talking to him. Then again, he was very confident in his flirting and the art of seduction. At least that is what he liked to think. However Palisander didn't know that one could cross species. How curious. Like actual mammals? Curious. He didn't tell her that though. He slowly nodded when she agreed to the fact flowers were art, beautiful art.

The male looked over the meadow. "I believe that in winter, if snow reaches here, it will cover the flowers," he pointed out to her. Probably what she was thinking if he analyzed her words correctly. "I assume you are new here? Are you planning on joining a pack?," he asked curiously so. He was not sure what pack he wanted to join. Perhaps they could team up together, perhaps she was not interesting in that and wanted to go her own way.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Even if snow didn't fall there the flowers would still fall away. They wouldn't have the ability to survive that long, not after such a brief recovery phase after blooming again. "No, unfortunately, they will need to recover before spring comes again." Isley intoned quietly. "I do not have a home other than among the plants." It would be her ultimate goal to be somewhere that she could tend a little garden, but, places like that might be few and far in between. It was hard to say, honestly. 

"And you? Have you settled yet?" She asked curiously - perhaps he would know of a place to start, at least, even if nothing else came of it. 

Not that she would think of just hopping and settling somewhere with him, but, it wouldn't hurt to consider finding somewhere that had a familiar face, even if it involved that face belonging to a boy. She could be objective enough to be able and see the benefits though, and if they could possibly bond more - if she might even dare to trust her sometime, then maybe yes. Maybe they could find somewhere together. 
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
She was right once again about the flowers not being able to bloom forever, they would have to die so they could undergo a rebirth in spring. Quite a wonderful process. However the male wondered what this female would do in winter without her flowers. Would the hope of spring get her through the coldest months or would she need to be around winter flowers to be able to be happy. A difficult thing to tackle.

"I have not settled. I have been on the move for two weeks now. This area is nice, perhaps I will settle here. I have no clue about the packs in this area or what they have to offer," he pointed out. He was a young male, in the prime of his life, he could really help a pack out if they needed his help. Perhaps he would settle for a smaller pack where there was room to grow. Perhaps. Perhaps. He was kind of a free bird right now and he rather enjoyed it. "Maybe there is a pack close to his meadow, I have not fully explored it yet."
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Isley knew that even in winter some plants would still bloom. It would be nothing like this though, and she would miss the radiance of the flowers. She looked them over again as her emerald gaze softened as if she was looking on her young. "They will probably come back even more beautiful next year." And perhaps she would be there to see it. There was always the chance that she wouldn't, after all. 

She nodded as he spoke, it was similar to her own situation. "I have explored along the coast some, but, at heart I am unsettled. Which was utterly fine to her, she didn't feel like she needed anything else yet. She needed a place with opportunity though, or else winter would find her unwell and unlikely to survive on her own. "Before the seasons shift it should probably change....but...I'm not going to rush." She wouldn't feel like the captive she had been before. 
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander did find that a wise decision that she would find a pack before the seasons would shift. He however rather missed pack life and rather wanted to be in one. The young male was a pack wolf at heart. Truly. "Perhaps, or it will be rather cold and all the flowers won't bloom," he spoke. "Yet lets hope not. I like these flowers," he admitted.

The young male kept his eyes on her for a moment. "Why are you unsettled?," he asked curiously. He shook his head a bit. "And you shouldn't, you should go where you feel safe and what you will see as your home. I do not do so well without the social contacts though. So I hope to find another pack soon."
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Isley considered his question for a moment, her green eyes peering up at Palisander as if to figure out his motives. She was happier without the worry of what others wanted from her, without trying to figure out their motives or reasons. With any luck she'd eventually loose the paranoia that her mother had instilled in her, but, she would need guidance. She'd need the right environment for that. "I am my own woman." She said simply. No one controlled her, demanded of her, she could do what she felt was right whenever she wanted. 

"I...am not a trusting individual. To trust not only one wolf, but a pack of them, it takes a great deal. I would scrutinize whichever pack I would seek out just as much as they would scrutinize me." It migth be different if there was someone she trusted in the pack but it was not a given. Nothing was. 
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander quirked up his lips a bit as she said that. She was strong of mind and he rather liked that. He gave one firm nod, meaning that he completely agreed. The charming young man was not going to tell her otherwise. The other information surprised him a bit, but it did not scare him away. Palisander was open to try new things, and open to trust others, if they ruined his trust it was tough to regain it.

"Well then I feel honored that you allow me being so close, and that you are even telling me this," he hummed. Because even telling that she did not trust others or was through with examining a pack it was some personal info. Palisander was quite playful and a bit of an adventurer even. He wondered if her life was ever exciting. She seemed cautious. "I see. So are you scrutinizing me too?," he asked with a grin.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
The Kali could only give a soft laugh at his question, her green eyes flashing for a moment in mirth. "Naturally." She countered, moving a bit away to inspect a small bush of indian paint brushes. "Are you not scrutinizing me?" She thought it was common - that you judged everyone and evaluated them when you met them. What other way was there to figure out who was safe and who wasn't? 

Isley glanced over her shoulder for a moment, eyes meeting the sunset hue of his gaze before turning her attention to the plants again. She didn't think that he was going to do anything to her, but, still it would do her good to keep her vigilance. Her ears were turned towards him, fixated just in case he did start to move.
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander quirked up his lips when she was rather tactical with her answers. He slowly smiled more. "You didn't answer my question," he pointed out. She answered his question with another question. The young male didn't mind it too much but he liked to point it out that the was perceptive enough to notice.

"However. I did, psychically but not personality wise,"he returned with a bit of honestly. "But that is perhaps because your red coat is lovely along with those green eyes," he hummed, tail swaying behind him, though he was still sitting in the same spot. Now he also wanted to know her answer.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Isley stopped and turned back to face him, the look on her face just a hint more confused - she'd answered him quite plainly she'd thought. "I did." She countered. "Perhaps you weren't listening to me." Isley wasn't above telling someone as much when she felt she wasn't being paid attention to. Palisander went on to start trying to woo her; pointing out the rich color of her coat with the particular shade of her eyes. 

"Now I see why you weren't listening - you were being typical." There was almost a hint of regret there - that he had lost the advantage so quickly that she'd offered him. Plants could only save him a bit but he was filling in time by looking at her, by focusing on her physical features. She'd been more interested in seeing what was in his brain, perhaps it wasn't the same for him though.
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander still had his lips quirked up, because he had been listening. He just wanted the details of what she had been looking at. But as it turned out the female now thoughts he was not listening to her. "I just wanted some more details, not just a vague reply,' he hummed in return.

He had to chuckle when she accused him from being typical. "You can't blame me for looking with such a nice coat color that makes your eyes pop. I am still a male. We live on visual inputs. However I have not been brutish about it. I just wanted it to serve as a compliment that is all," he explained.

The male would like to have his way with her, yes. But was he acting on that? No. He was more classy. Maybe she was a bit prejudiced too, thinking he was not listening and only wanting her for her looks and then dump her again. "I can walk away right now if you want me to. Just say so," he shrugged.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Isley wasnt sure what Palisander was looking for. If he was trying to figure out what she was seeing, well, she'd probably disappoint. "You just want a krone fawning over you, then?"  She asked - though at least there was a hint of a smile on her face. There was no promise there, no sort of suggestion that he'd get more out of her, but, she could still indulge him the slightest bit. "Some of us thrive on more than that." Isley said evenly, her tail swaying almost like a cats might - slow and steady. 

She wondered what he would think of that - if he'd take it as a slight or maybe if it would make him more curious. She could call him handsome, yes, but she had found his knowledge to be more attractive than anything. She was just reminded that she did not behave like the typical females. Looks weren't everything she wanted something more. 
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander's face fell into a bit of a frown for the first time while talking to the female. Because he did not want someone to fawn over him and call him handsome. He had more attributes than his handsome face. He liked to think he was an intellectual. He thought she was a different kind of female that could see though his handsome looks but she clearly had a different image of him than he had of himself.

"I do not. I just wondered since you weren't fawning over me what you saw otherwise," he shrugged. If she was not going to give it away he couldn't really do much about that. Women were mysterious sometimes and often very confusing. "I do not thrive on the attention of others if that is what you mean. I like art of nature and it forms," he spoke, and with that interest was also the forms of a female wolf. That made him smile a bit though. It seemed that the female also did not send him away, so that was one step forward.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
It was why she gave him the chance in the first place. Isley was not one who needed the reassurance of her appearance or to have the praise and accolades constantly. She thrived on the challenge of another, of knowledge and learning. "Perhaps you are not so typical after all." Isley hummed out. "So tell me, Palisander, what are your goals in this lovely land?"  while he had shown he was open to the idea of a pack it still did not say what his ambitions were - if he was to rule, or gain a mastery, or what.

There was still a a chance for him yet, he had piqued her curiousity as loathe as she was to admit it, and that was not something that happened often at all.

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander seemed pleased that he said the right thing. If it wasn't the right thing this female might not have been right for him. Still. He did like to sleep around a bit and have female company. Only when he was officially committed he would not look in another direction but his girlfriend. "Not many goals yet. I'd like to see what pack are out there and which ones deserve me," he spoke with a light shrug.

"Maybe have a family one day. Who knows. Not much aspiration yet to lead myself, sounds like a lot of responsibilities. I'd like my freedom, so perhaps when that comes around the family will follow soon after? For now I am just going to enjoy pack life in a pack that catches my interest. Perhaps hang out with you some more," he grinned.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Isley didn't know when she would begin the process of finding a pack. She was in no rush, not now when everything felt freeing and felt more natural. She knew there was a pack very nearby but she didn't want them to be the only option she considered just based purely on the fact that she wanted to be near the Meadow. "I'm in no rush." She hummed out quietly, tail giving a few slow sways. 

"If more of my company is what you seek, you know how to find me." Isley said with a little smirk, wondering if he was authentic - or if this was an act just for her benefit just that day. She couldn't say that she wasn't curious though. 
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander slowly quirked up his lips in that almost trademarked smirk. "Is that you saying that you need your space?," he asked curiously so. He was not sure if she wanted that. Because he was kind of planning to stick around this meadow. Not entirely because of her but who knows, maybe they could find each other's company useful. Especially with hunting it would work out. They could perhaps tackle bigger game with the two of them.

Palisander looked over her, thinking about something. "You know what? I am going to let you have your alone time right now. Perhaps I will find your company later," he spoke. He was going to scout out the area and let her wonder for a moment. Perhaps even miss him a bit. That might be good, or could do some damage. Who knows? He quirked up his lips. She seemed like an independent girl so he was not too worried.

Shall we have a new thread soon? :D