Lake Rodney Beyond the archetype
33 Posts
Ooc —
The sun was at no remarkable point in the sky when the red-furred woman found the lake; somewhere between noon and early evening. Nor was the weather anything odd for this time of year; hot, humid, and rather uncomfortable for the girl. Her thick coat of burnt umber and red was one built for the winter, not the endless drudgery and heat of the summer. It was with great relief then when she found the lake, huge and cool and perfectly well suited for swimming. 

The girl approached at a lope, heading straight for a boulder set haphazardously on the shore. Her claws clattered dully against the sun-warmed surface, picking up speed as she went. Finally, when she reached the summit of the boulder, she launched herself toward the lake, enjoying a brief few seconds of flight before whooping madly and meeting the surface of the lake with a splash. Se was motionless as she sunk, fully enjoying the way the cold water quickly seeped through her fur and cooled her. When her feet hit bottom, she launched herself upward, breaking the surface of the lake with a splutter, wide grin on her face. 
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian had enough water in his own little kingdom for a swim on this hot day. But the male had been outside of his territory for another reason. He wanted to keep his member count up an ehe hoped to run into a loner that would be willing to join his ranks. He hoped that it would give some nice new bonds. Ever since Valtyr and Horosk went missing, and Karaja left it had been rather quiet. He wanted his member count up again, also because it would help with Moose hunting.

The male decided that the lake might be a good location to find other wolves, perhaps loners. Sebastian trotted towards the lake and instantly he saw a wolf swimming. Perfect. Because Broken Antler had a lot of water at their disposal. The male trotted towards the edge and let out a chuff in greeting. Perhaps she was willing to come and meet him.
33 Posts
Ooc —
She closed her eyes, floating serenely in the lake, unknowingly drifting a  little closer to the nearby Sebastian. She had been alone when her eyes had close, and thus the sudden chuff had her eyes flash open in surprise, accidently inhaling a little water when she opened her maw. She coughed, disgorging a little sprout of water, as she drew herself up and made to stand in the shallows, eyes finding the male who, apparently, had made the noise. "Hey" she greeted him nonchalantly, ignoring her little slip.

She rose and made her way to the shore, stopping a short way away to shake the water from her pelt, which, of  course, made it stick up in a multitude of small clumps. "What"s up?" she asked curiously, her interest in why he had summoned her evident in her gaze.  Then she noticed the scent of pack on him, and took a step back. "Shit. Am I trespassing?" she looked to him for confirmation, though she scented no other pack scents around her and doubted it. It was best to play it safe with theses pack wolves, she had decided a while ago.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian watched as he accidentally startled the female, making her stumble a bit. The male had to smile a bit, even though it wasn't his intention to startle her. The male quirked up his lips. On top of that the female thought she was trespassing. 'I wouldn't be smiling if you were trespassing," he admitted and laughed softly.

"Not to worry you are on neutral grounds. My pack however is close by. Also having a lot of water," he pointed out and glanced over her. She looked healthy. "I'm Sebastian. The alpha of Broken Antler Fen," he introduced. He had to be charming now, in a way. He wanted to be friendly, perhaps get the female to join his pack. But that the would announce later, first he decided to just have a friendly chat.
33 Posts
Ooc —
He assured her that she was not, in fact, tresspassing, and she gave a grin, not at all embarrassed by her jump to conclusions. She did tend to do that, she noted. Perhaps it would be better not to, but that was a thought for later. Strangers did not make her uncomfortable in the least, unlike a few certain wolves she thought stuffy and uptight. But those were far behind her, and mostly forgotten already.

His pack was nearby, he said, and contained quite a lot of water. She wasn't quite sure what to say to that, so she awkwardly begun, "Water's great. For swimming, I mean." She cringed, ashamed with her horrible choice of speech. Water's great for swimming? Really? Could she have said anything else to this stranger? "Crap. I sound like an idiot, don't I? I can assure you, I'm not." she said quickly, truthfully. Perhaps she wasn't the greatest with speech, but that did not mean that she was vacant-headed.

Oh, even better. She had made her self look stupid not to a stranger, but to an alpha. Her embarressment was evident for a moment, but she pushed it away, resolving not to sound like a total moron in the future. Sebastian. Sounded oddly familiar, but she could not place it. Perhaps, one day she would come to remember a certain story her rambling mother had told a few days before her death, and connected the Sebastian before her with "The idiotic pup that ruined everything." Then again, her mother had not seemed the most...lucid when telling this tale, and seemed to be quite angry. "Sebastian. Um, Alpha Sebastian." She smiled a little worriedly, glancing up at him. "My name's Kalita." 
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian chuckled lightly at the female. "You do not sound like an idiot to me," he returned to her. She seemed like fun and maybe a bit jumpy around conclusions and opinions. She didn't seem bad, rather fun even. Energetic too. This was exactly what he needed in his pack. Some life and another girl that could also help out with his sister!

"I am not big on titles. You can call me Sebastian. Nice to meet you Kalita," he hummed and bobbed his head. "We do have some spots left in our pack? If you want you can join? It seems you are in your element in the water. Would you be interested?,"he asked. He could always ask. Maybe she was part of a pack, but how she was behaving seemed like she might be a loner.
33 Posts
Ooc —
She quite liked this male, she came to realize. She hated the stuffy sort, and he was nothing like that. He wasn’t too big on titles, he assured her, and she gave a slightly embarrassed grin. She noted that he had a similar feature to her; above both his eyes, he sported the same dots she had. Except that her’s was only above one eye, and not as clear as his. It was merely a passing thought, however, and payed it no mind.

He then proceeded to offer her a spot in his pack, making her believe that she had made a good impression on him. Mental congratulating herself on not being weir, she beamed, dipping her head. "I'd love to join you, if you'd have me!" she said, tail wagging. A home! Perhaps she would fit into this one, make some friends. She quite liked Sebasian, quite a lot. Perhaps she could find a friend in him.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian smiled at the excitable female. "Of course! Why don't you walk back with me and I show you around the territory?," he offered. There hadn't been too many wolves at Broken Antler and Sebastian hoped to change that. With this new addition he was certain that they would have a nice addition.

The young male moved away from the lake and towards Broken Antler. "We are a very family based pack. I rule with my mate Pearl," he explained. "We have a lot of water so I am sure that you will feel at home." Sebastian wanted her informed.