Silvertip Mountain What if you're making me all that I was meant to be?
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
All Welcome 
@Niita

Steady had watched Adeline prance off this morning, knowing full well there are been no adult visitors to the den site this morning. But, he had let her go anyways, trusting his family to take care of her. He knew he couldn't keep right reins on her, as that would simply squelch her active personality. She would only resent him for it. 

With her out having fun, he went in search of Niita. He felt guilty for their relationship taking a backseat to his duties to Adeline, and the pack, but he hoped to make it up to her today. He went to her den to see if she was there, chuffing his presence a few yards away, his tail wagging at the thought of seeing her. Niita? Are you here? he called out.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita hadn't seen much of Steady and although she missed him, she tried to be understanding of the responsibilities he had. It was early morning when she heard his voice, not far off and calling to her.

She poked her head from behind the boulder she was curled against, having slept behind it the night before. "You rang?"  Her words were punctuated with a yawn, getting to her feet and stretching before padding towards him.
Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high -- except for the one who held the keys to the gate. 
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The voice to his side cause his head to whip towards her. He had been expecting her to come out of the den, not from behind a rock. His tail wagged once he recovered and he smiled at her. I did. I was hoping you'd want to hang out with me, he said honestly as he walked towards her.

I know I've been a bit absent; I've had my mind focused on the pack, and appointing our new Beta, he explained, attempting to nuzzle her neck with his nose. Plus that damned fox, which he was glad he no longer had to worry about. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
"I knew what I was getting into when I mated you," she rubbed against him affectionately, tail wagging with the joy of being around him. Steady was an Alpha and at times he was going to be busy, she couldn't be mad about that. It wasn't as if he asked for it, it just sort of happened.

"I'm glad it's Ezekiel, he deserved it," she smiled, happy for her friend. Besides herself most everyone was recruited after herself. If some had expected her to become Beta just because she was Steady's mate, it wasn't a valid thought. Niita would have turned down the offer. She didn't want to be Beta or anything of importance due to her husband.
Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high -- except for the one who held the keys to the gate. 
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He sighed in contentment as she rubbed against him, relieved that she understood. I miss you when I'm not near you, he admitted, hoping she knew that even when he was all wrapped up in his duties, he thought of her. 

I'm glad you approve. He was surprised that he had the backing of the pack, and it wasn't just me picking him. I think it made him feel a lot better about accepting the position. With it settled, and the pack now having a Beta again, Steady hoped he would get a little down time. You know, he'll need to get the experience of being Beta, he began, nosing her affectionately as he spoke. So, I should probably let him handle some things from now on, he went on, sensually nipping at the fur on the underside of her neck, careful not to tug hard as he remembered her past. So, that means I should have some downtime now. His words were soft, with an ulterior meaning behind them that he hoped she picked up on.

Let me know if the PP is not approved, and I will definitely change it!

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
His words were met with a smile, just as filled with adoration as his words had been. She too missed Steady when he was busy but Niita was reluctant to admit it, not wanting him to feel guilty. 

Steady continued to speak of Ezekiel and his new position, and while any other time Niita might have been a responding participant to their conversation, she could not for the life of her focus on it now. Niita's focus was on her husband and the warmth he was admitting, wanting to absorb it even in the August heat. 

"Mmm," she hummed, a response to Steady's words or his nuzzling was unknown. Her head tipped back like a domestic cat, basking in the touch. 

"And what will we do with that time?" Niita's words came out breathy, a light chuckle puncturing it. Her lips found his own neck, nipping and licking. She would be content to do just this all day if he wished, anything further would require him making the first move. Niita was reluctant to fumble with Steady.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
All thoughts of anyone else but her were lost as she tipped her head back. He took that as an offering and moved to groom her there, his heart swelling that she trusted him so. Realizing she was returning his gestured, he moved back to the side of her neck to give her access to his own.

It registered then that she had what they would do with their free time. I'm sure we can think of something, he said, his voice low and sultry. He shifted, still sitting, to move a little more behind her, putting one leg on the other side of her body. He continued to nose her neck, waiting to see if she would feel uncomfortable. He knew she might be apprehensive about their mating when the time came, but he hoped to get her used to certain touches by then. But, if gave any signal she was uncomfortable, Steady would back off.

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
The touch was reminiscent of what he might do when they were mating but not full fledged. They were sitting for one, nor would they be going that far today. Though it felt like Niita had been at Silvertip for ages, it was in fact only a few months and even shorter that they were mates. She didn't want to rush things. 

Steady continued to touch her neck, nuzzling along the side before shifting a leg to the other side of her body. He was behind her now, but this was not the panicked feeling she usually experienced at such a motion. It was comforting, Niita felt surrounded by him but not trapped.

For a moment Niita was unsure what to do with herself, now that she could no longer reach Steady. Then, almost instinctively she settled against his chest, leaning back against him. Niita's head fell forward, baring the back of her scruff to his touch as her eyes slipped shut in trust.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She leaned back into him, and he knew it took all of her trust in him to do that. While his own libido screamed for more, he made no move to advance their current situation. He only wanted her to get used to him, so when the time came, she would only feel excitement, and no fear.

He lowered his head to the side of hers, shifting to snuggle into her, as if he couldn't get enough. I love you, he whispered softly, moving his muzzle to try to softly rub it against her check. By the time they would part today, Niita would reek of him, and he silently glorified in that.

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
It wasn't something they said often to each other, their relationship was more physical than verbal. Niita knew what Steady was to her, how much she cared for him. They teased and they played often, at the end of the day neither questioned their love.

It still warmed her to hear it, knowing it was a rare thing made it even more special to her. Some couples said it so often, it no longer had merit. 

"I love you too," Niita murmured, turning her head to say it to him, twisting slightly to rub against him affectionately.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady would have agreed that words weren't something that was necessarily needed in their relationship. He did his best to show his love for his mate, feeling it was better than simply stating it. But, every now and then, he still liked to tell her, too, just in case she needed to hear it. He smiled when she returned his words, certainly not going to complain about hearing them.

He noted that she seemed rather comfortable in their embrace, and so he made no move to break it. It had been a while since he was able to snuggle like this, and he liked the feel of her against him. I was thinking maybe you and I could talk to Adeline together about you moving in with us? he asked softly. He wasn't sure how confident Niita felt about her relationship with Adeline, though Steady had never heard his niece speak negatively about his mate. 

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita had reached out to Adeline particularly after mating Steady. It wasn't something that required much effort. Adeline, while spoilt, was not bratty and was adorable as most children were in Niita's eyes. She seemed hyperactive but Niita had figured that was a kid thing. 

Niita had been loyal to Zaria and her pups after joining, and had already been protective of them after her death. It wasn't hard for Addie to worm her way into Niita's heart and she had a soft spot for the young girl.

"I'd like that," she agreed, hoping this would finally mean that Addie would know about their mateship. 

"She calls you Dad sometimes, when she talks about you," Niita mentioned cautiously, glancing up to see if her words had upset him.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Niita agreed that they could talk to Adeline together, and he was about to suggest that they go immediately, but her words stopped him. His expression turned to surprise, but there was also wonderment in it. She does? he asked to confirm. He wasn't sure from one to the next if the decisions he was making for Adeline were correct, but the fact that she sometimes called him "Dad" made him feel like he was doing something right.

Fitz came into his mind, then. Steady didn't think he could tell Adeline not to call him what she felt was right, just as he couldn't tell Odette not to call him anything negative, though in his heart he knew she felt it. He didn't think she would have stayed away if she didn't. But, would his brother approve? Maybe Steady didn't talk enough of Fitz, and maybe Adeline was forgetting him. While he was proud that she called him Dad, he knew he needed to make sure that she never forgot FitzDutiful.

Do you want to go talk to her now? he asked. It seemed like a good a time as any, but if Niita didn't feel like, he supposed they could put it off a little longer.

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita nodded silently, watching him go through silent turmoil. There wasn't much to be said on her part, Niita would help if she could but otherwise this seemed like something uncle and niece needed to work out on their own. They wouldn't need a meddling wife thrown into the midst of their family issues. 

"Let's go," she agreed, eager to get it over with. Addie seemed to like Niita well enough, hopefully there would be no objections on her part.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady put the subject of his title with Adeline aside for now, but mentally made a note to talk to his niece about it later. It wasn't something he wanted to ignore, and it also wasn't something he would simply tell her not to do. He felt it was important for her to be able to communicate her feelings. 

Which is what he would ask of her now, only on a different subject. His tail wagged when Niita agreed they could go now, and he moved so that they could head to the den area. He kept his gait at an easy trot, knowing there was no need to rush. When they arrived, he huffed, and then called for Adeline. Adeline? Where are you? His gaze looked around the clearing, wondering if she was in the den.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Adeline had heard paw steps, and instantly a plan was formed in her mind. Generally, she would have waited out in the open, hoping whoever was coming was coming to play with her. This time, they wouldn't get the chance. She had decided to play, whether they wanted to or not. 

And so, she scrambled into the underbrush that lined the den clearing, her ears softly folded on her head as she waited for them. She heard Steady's voice as he called for her, and she had to struggle to suppress a giggle at playing her game. But, she knew if they heard her, the jig would be up. He took a few more steps forward, obviously looking for her. When his side was even with her, Adeline jumped out of the bushes, running up to him and half jumping on his shoulder and neck area. I got'chu! she exclaimed, fully confident she had surprised him.
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita padded after him, nerves brewing steadily in her belly as they travelled closer to his den. There was really no telling how Adeline would react. Perhaps she would be fine with it all, happy even. There was always the off chance that she wouldn't be willing to share her remaining family, might even be angry with Niita. 

The den was a familiar sight, though the absence of Addie was not. Her whereabouts were shown moments later when Adeline burst from a bush, attempting to tackle Steady.

Niita stood off to the side, smiling fondly at the pair, waiting for Steady to start talking. He had agreed to tell Adeline ages ago, it was on him to break the news.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady was a little anxious, too, as they reached the clearing. While he was sure that Adeline wouldn't mind sharing a den, there was just no telling what that girl would say. Or, as he looked around the clearing, where she was. He expression turned to confusion as he stood there, not seeing any sign of her. Well, maybe she was out having fun, though he wished he knew where.

He got the answer when she burst through the undergrowth and play attacked him. Oh, no! It's going to eat me! he said in mock seriousness, throwing his body to the ground. Niita! Save meeeee! He tried to remain in the game, but couldn't help laughing. 

Knowing they were here for a reason, Steady righted himself, though remained on his stomach. Adeline, I have a question for you, he said, hoping to get her attention. I was wondering how you felt about us getting a new den- a bigger one- and maybe allowing Niita to stay in it with us? He watched her expression carefully, hoping there would be only acceptance in it.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Steady went down as Adeline pounced him, and she laughed with glee, always happy that he would humor her in these games. It was what made him so likable to her. 

Unfortunately, it didn't seem this particular game would last. Adeline sat back on her haunches as Steady became a little serious, her ears perked for his question. When he asked it, her gaze shifted to Niita, and then back to him. She had known they were together since it was pretty obvious. But, she hadn't thought about what that really meant for her. She liked Niita, and accepted her as family, just as Adeline did with all the other wolves in the pack.

Because of that, Adeline wouldn't have had a problem accepting Niita into their den, as well. But, the youngster had something else in mind. Well, that would be okay, but I was wondering... she began slowly. I'm five months old now, and I... I don't want to be confined to this area any more, she finally said. The adults come around, and they take me out and do stuff, but then they always try to bring me back here. I want to roam around like the rest of you. She dearly hoped that he would let her. 
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita laughed, striking a playful pose but the game was over rather quickly. They were here for a reason after all. 

Adeline seemed to know they were together, didn't seem to mind it either. Niita huffed a small sigh of relief, glad that at the very least Adeline didn't hate the idea. 

The next thing was not quite surprising, Addie was getting older and would no doubt want more independence.

"I think it's a good idea," Niita offered hesitantly, reluctant to mess in their family affairs but agreeing that Steady couldn't keep Adeline confined forever.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady's ears perked when Adeline made it seem like she would say something important. And, important it was. She wanted to have her independence, and Steady really couldn't fault her for that. He knew he had been overprotective, and keeping her in one spot all the time was probably not the right thing to do. But, he still found himself reluctant to give Adeline what she wanted.

His gaze turned to Niita when she spoke up, agreeing that it would be a good idea. He welcomed her opinion, as he respected her, and he didn't think it was out of place for her to offer it when it came to his niece. He sighed as he turned back to Adeline. I suppose you are right, he admitted. I will asked, though, he added quickly. That you at least don't leave the territory without someone with you, okay? And a question, it was. He knew Adeline would soon have to begin making decisions for herself, even if he did want to tell her what was right or wrong for her. 

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
She couldn't stop the smile and tag wag that started when Niita expressed that she thought Adeline's idea was a good one. Steady seemed a little more apprehensive, and so the pup gave the biggest green eyes she could muster until he gave in. She was about to dance around, but his voice stopped her. He asked that she have someone with her if she went outside her home. She hadn't even thought about leaving the borders, but she nodded, quickly agreeing. Deal! She trotted up to him, full of energy, and nudged him affectionately. Thanks, Dad, she said. 

She bounded over to Niita then, knowing the female probably had some pull in his decision. She gave her the same affectionate nudge she had given her Dad, her tail wagging. Thanks, Niita. With that, she bounded out of the area, figuring the deal went into effect immediately. She hadn't given a second thought about the den issue since she didn't have a problem with it.
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita glanced at Steady, waiting to see his reaction. She'd mentioned earlier that Addie sometimes called him Dad, though to the best of her knowledge not to his face. 

She was a bit surprised when Addie thanked her as well, though she smiled and rubbed her head against the young girl's back. 

"That went well," Niita grinned at him as Addie sprinted from the clearing.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady smiled as Adeline readily agreed to the deal, and his tail wagged as she nudged him. He froze for a split moment as it seemed he had gone from "Uncle" to "Dad." Niita had told him that Adeline sometimes called him that, but it was the first time she had ever called him that to his face. She bounded off, probably unknowing the affect of the single word had on him. In the end, he smiled, readily accepting his new title to her. 

He rose to stand and walked towards his mate, nodding to her. Easier than I thought it would be, he admitted. Though, I was hoping she'd help us pick out a den. I guess it's up to you and me, he said with a smile. Any preferences? he asked. Steady himself might have had some, but he was willing to bend them for what Niita wanted.

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
"We could always just stay here," Niita suggested, gesturing to the den nearby. Adeline and Steady were used to staying in it, it would be easier to just stay in the same den. 

"Would we all fit?" Niita turned to study it, considering Steady's large size in her thoughts as to whether or not they would fit into it.