Broken Antler Fen Excuse me, but you've been disqualified
33 Posts
Ooc —
[Fishermen's Fen]

Morning reflected in the crystal clear waters, the temperature still cool and refreshing as the girl made her way to the water's edge. Her fiery orange gaze matched the distant ball that was the sun, rising in a sky filled with wisps of clouds coloured soft purples and oranges. She smiled, for the territory here was beautiful. She especially loved this Fen, with the clearest waters she had perhaps ever seen. Fish swim in the depths, and while being a well rounded hunter, she was not the greatest at fishing, however, was average in her skill. 

Large prey, tracking, was her specialty. She considered herself an amazing tracker, and it was true, for her nose was able to catch the finest scents and track the best prey. Her skill at hunting had been tested and proved time and time again during her years as a loner, she was proud of her skill. Not small, or especially lean, but she was fast and agile, as well as well built and able to perform powerful springs and sprints to catch up to her prey. But now, she did not do any of these things, instead reclining on her haunches by the lake, watching the fish dart below the clear waters.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
*cannonballs into thread* hello hello welcome
also I love your writing style

Pearl had woken earlier today than normal- perhaps it was the oncoming heat that was bound to happen again this year. Ugh. Not this again. She didn't recall very well what happened in the past heat, but she knew she almost caused a lot of unnecassary problems. This time, however, she and Sebastian were actually ready and prepared for pups. 

To help get her busy mind off the subject, she slowly slipped her sylph-like body out from the mound of wolves that was her pack. Well, not really a mound as of late. They had been loosing quite a few members at a steady rate, and it was worrying...but, they'd manage. They always pulled through, even in the famine. 

Pearl lifted her muzzle and sniffed the air, trying to smell if there was a rabbit warren or other small prey nearby. Getting a nose full of morning fog, she snorted and simultaneously remembered why she didn't particularly enjoy mornings. Fishing it was, then. She padded her way towards Fisherman's Fen, and came across a new figure there. The scent was different, and seemed like fresh meat from the outside. Confused, she chuffed at the stranger. "Uh, hey, um, who are you?" she asked, not in the most Alpha-like way.
33 Posts
Ooc —
Thank you! And thanks for joining :D

Her hunger, it seemed, had been driven off by the plentiful season that was summer, and she made no move toward the fish she saw beneath the surface. She simply watched them, gaze caught, for the moment, by the sparkling scales. The approach of another had her ears pick and optics swivel in the direction of said woman, a pale wisp with the scent of pack heavy upon her. She knew that Sebastian had a co-leader, and her name was Pearl.

As such, the woman here was a likely candidate, though she didn't seem the alpha-type. There were very, very few females in the territory, she had caught the scents of but two. And "Pearl" was a fitting name for a white-robed wolf, and while she had not seen the other woman yet, this one had a very high chance of being the alpha Pearl. She did not remark on this, however, choosing to greet her in a nonchalant way, as was typical for her. 

"Hey! I'm Kalita, but some people call me Kali. I don't mind any sort of nickname, really. I'm really new here, you're the first person I've met besides Sebastien. Who're you?" she asked, rambling slightly as she spoke her thoughts plainly, open toward this new packmate. Well, in all truthfulness, she was the new one here. She didn't feel quite comfortable sleeping with the others, yet, and she slept a little ways off. Getting too close with someone too fast led them to believe you a serial killer, or a pycho, or something like that. Or so she believed.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl smiled at the apparent packmate, listening to her thoughts and quickly assuming no harm would come from the girl. "I think I'll just call you Kal, then," she said with an amused laugh. She liked this one. Much easier to get to know, and maybe to talk too, as it depended on the individual. 

"Um, yeah, I'm Pearl, Sebastian's mate. Are you adjusting well here?" she asked. This female had only been here a day or two, it seemed, as she hadn't seen her around the Cove as much as the others, as low as the numbers were. And probably not enough time for Seb to mention it, or introduce them.
33 Posts
Ooc —
Kal. She smiled at the nickname, not minding in the least. Her limited time with packs had led her to receive one or two nicknames, but Kal was new. She rather liked it, she found. She other announced her new nickname with a laugh, and her happiness was infectious. Kalita grinned, liking the woman's easygoing demeanour. "That works." she said with a grin. 

"I knew it!" she said as the woman announced her name. She looked embarrassed in the slightest at her outcry. "Sorry. I just sorta guessed, and- yeah, it's great to meet you!" she said, tail lashing a moment behind her like a flag. "Yeah. This place kinda feels like...family, I think." not what she knew what it was like to have a fully functioning complete family, but this seemed the closest example she could think of. And truly, she did rather like it here, and wished to contribute what she could. She wouldn't be leaving anytime soon, growing attached quickly to the Fen and it's denizens.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
omg so sorry about the wait!

"Thank goodness you like it, cause now you're stuck with it," she smiled happily. Her eyebrows went up slightly at the 'eureka'-like outburst, but was otherwise unfazed. "Yeah, nice to meet you as well." Pearl said, redjusting to a relaxed state. 

Pearl nodded along with Kalita, agreeing with her observation of the Fen's homeliness. "It does seem to have that effect, doesn't it?" she commented, glancing at their surroundings quite fondly. It did have that familial feel, despite being only a territory. But it was their territory, and that made all the difference.