Two Rivers Isle An old friend, an old betrayal
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Private 
@Burke :)) Set a day after the thread in where Malice runs into Judas and Pyx.

Malice was shaking on her legs as she made her way back home. She must've worried Burke sick- she had been gone for a whole day. It was normal for someone to go out for a bit, but not the Lady. The Lady was supposed to be protecting her land and teaching her young- not befriending old followers nor their girlfriends. And yet, she had done exactly that. A day seemed like a long time in her eyes, even though many would be gone for way longer than she. But she had not chosen the path of the outrider- she had chosen the path of a protector- a bearer for her man's children. Her sweet Burke, stoic yet with a heart of pure gold. Surely, if he loved her, he could forgive her for this.

Without thought, she jumped into the river that cut her home off from the outside world. She swam to the other side with a blank expression, feeling quite guilty for leaving. She had not meant to be gone for so long... Had Burke found another whore to fill her space? No, she thought of him better than that.

She rushed to their den, panting from her journey and the emotional impact it had had, excited and guilty for telling Burke of Judas- the man who had scarred her for life. She chuffed for Burke, hoping he was here. 
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke had been rather surprised when Malice didn't came home for the night. The pups had been whining for her but he hushed them and tugged them right against his thick fur for the night. It was the first night he slept alone in Arthendal. He couldn't really sleep, wondering where Malice was. He howled for her but there was no response. He couldn't care less that the other members might have heard that he howled for her and the lack of response. They would know instantly.

The next morning Burke did woke up, it seemed he had fallen asleep eventually. He put the two kids with a carcass from the other day and let them squabble over it. Burke wanted to patrol and check where Malice had exited or not. Maybe she had gone outside and the brotherhood had taken her. Burke felt uncomfortable thinking about that. He even took the two pups along the river to look for her. Though they always had to keep him between the river.

As it turned out he just missed Malice returning home, and once he did a small patrol and the pups grew tired he returned home to their den with the two balls of fluff following him. They were tired enough to slump towards the den. Burke lifted his nose in the air when they came closer. A fresh scent of Malice? He let out a 'woof' for her as he came closer to the den. Maybe it was a trap.......
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Her face was a mix of distress and disappointment when she didn't even find the pups in their den. Had a day away truly caused him to leave? They had already established that Malice was not one of the Dark Brotherhood. She would never betray him, she wouldn't leave him- ever. She plopped her hind on the ground, looking down upon the sand that was only present near the entrance of the den. The scent of her family was recent, but, then again, a day was not long enough for a scent to grow old. She was ready to cry out at this moment, but froze as she heard the woof of Burke. She turned around, a hopeful smile on her face as she drug her drenched body to where the sound had come from.

The first to meet her were her children, and she nuzzled them both before letting them go on home. She almost sprinted toward Burke, who she had spotted now, and threw herself at him with a happy chuckle. All her troubling thoughts disappeared with the presence of Burke, and she couldn't stop chuckling for a good minute.

Burke! She let out eventually, too happy to speak for a moment. of course he hadn't left her.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched how the kids ran up further ahead and then heard happy squeals. Burke then trotted forward and watched how Malice came running towards him. The father looked relieved and embraced her as much as she could. He gave her a lick over the top of her head. The river had one downside, it washed away all the scents that had been hanging on her coat. He couldn't smell where she had been or who she met.

Burke stepped back and then cleared his throat. "I missed you last night. Nothing to worry about I hope?," he asked. He hoped that she would be honest with him, because he did wonder where she stayed last night. He had missed her. Yet Burke always kept his cool and he was not going to yell in her face how worried he was that she had been taken by the brotherhood.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Who knew that one night apart from Burke would make a hug feel so much more important than anything in the world. His head kiss almost licked away what she wanted to tell him. But how was she going to bring it? Burke could very well become jealous of Judas and not let him visit, but, he had his girlfriend. She had to gently sway him in to believe them visiting was not because of pack relations or resources or battle plans, but simply because she kind of missed her friends.

Not at all. She said with a firm shake of her head in a calm voice. Though I suppose you'd like to know what had kept me from coming back. She added gently. You see, I ran into Judas, a former moonlit wolf and old friend. He was with his girlfriend, and we kind of talked things out a little. She plopped her hind on the ground, tired from the journey and the her swim in the river. I invited them to come visit. I know my friends aren't your friends, and I don't want to force you into anything, but I really want you to meet them. She looked at his chest, awaiting either a rude "no" or a not sure "yes".
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was not happy with the news Malice brought. Not happy at all. He stepped back and looked at her with a frown. If Malice kept running into old Moonlit wolves then their pac would hardly be a secret anymore! Issun joined so he was hardly a threat but these other two, who had no alliance to them, could just tell their pack members or their alpha's where they had been and if Black Feather members would ask around...

His pale eyes looked at her with heavy disapproval. "Our lands aren't going to be safe if you keep running into old friends and inviting them to our lands, Malice!," he protested and looked at her with still a frown on his face. His worst fear was that he couldn't protect them, especially not if there would come a force like Black Feather towards them. "How do we know they can be trusted?," he asked.

This pack was their retreat form everyone else. He let his past be in the past he wondered why Malice couldn't do that. "I do not approve of showing them where our packlands are. No way in hell. This river protects us from others and you are going to lead them right to our doorstep? No. Why would you want me to meet him anyhow? He was from the past. He means nothing to us, he can't do anything for us unless he would be joining. We have our life here. Moonlit doesn't exist anymore. We need to protect ourselves and our young."
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Her ears lowered as he retreated. The dissapointment could almost be read right from his face. Perhaps her emotions had taken a huge bite from her how she had to be treating wolves not of their home. But, they were safe now, right? There was no way the brotherhood would come for them. Even Moonspear was somewhat far from Blackfeather Woods, though she supposed, it was better to be safe than sorry...

I said nothing of Arthendal, I swear it. She said in a whimper. She knew Burke reacted fast and with thunder, but perhaps she hadn't fully expected this from her usual so calm mate. She made a sad voice and looked up to him with puppy eyes. y'know, those ones with the moving twinkles in them. Burke's words hurt. Judas was from the past, yes, but so was Issun. The past was not meant to be forgotten. It was not meant to be left behind. Wolves who forgot about their past were either foolish or selfish.

We do not have to bring them in here, just somewhere outside of the borders- far enough so that they can't smell our pack. We could- She gave up midway through, knowing her words were that of a fool overtaken by her feelings for Judas. He was the only one who had seen her in her darkest hours- the one who didn't give a crap about what she was like as long as she was good to him. She wanted to apologize, but knew Burke wouldn't like those words.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke's face stayed hardened even with Malice pulling out her kicked puppy eyes. Both their sons seemed to have gotten that from her. It wasn't like he wanted to hurt her like this but because he loved her he wanted her to be safe. He couldn't deal with losing her. Selfishly he wanted to die first. He could not deal with another heartbreak, and seeing their age that was probably going to happen anyhow. "I believe you," he rumbled softly. His pale eyes on the female and giving her a nod.

Malice tried to give him a reasoning she ended in a mumble and stopped with that she wanted to say. The male would have listened to her if she wanted to voice her opinion but if she didn't even finish that statement he was not even going to bother with replying to it. "My main goal is to protect our family, not to keep your past friendships alive with wolves I know nothing about. You said you talked it out so that you could see as a final goodbye," he pointed out.

The male watched over her. "I am not going to stop you if you want to see this friend of yours though. You can do as you like but I am not approving of you bringing them here or showing me off to them. I don't care for others outside our pack. I mostly care about you. So please do tell me if you go out the territory, just a howl is fine. Then I at least know you are out there and if you do not return by the second night I assume you are taken."
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
It seemed summertime was made for sadness. Malice had always thought of the winter as the foul creature who brought death. Alas, she wasn't right. Summer brought more deaths than anything, and winter was just the world preparing for another rain of terror washing over the lands in the form of heat and storms. If Burke was to die in summer, she would know for sure. She didn't want him to die at all, but if he must be taken from her she wanted him to go in winter. It pained her; the thought of living without him, but at least she would have Pyro and Vassago.

I know, Burke... She said defeated. She was flattered to hear him speak so protective of them. She smiled as she thought about the first time they had met. Why had she been so scared of this male again? She felt like a true lady whenever she was close to him, not like she had stolen the title from some bitch. Though, perhaps, she would have to talk to the stars again to let them bring a message to Melderi- to say sorry fo stealin' yo man. 

She lifted herself up to give him a hug. I understand. I think my excitement had gotten the best of me. We are saver like this, only us. She licked his cheek, if he would let her, and joined his side to see what the kids were up to. you know, they're getting bigger and bigger every day.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke had to be strict sometimes, he could only help her with laying out these rules. Because if he wouldn't have them they would be found out sooner or later. Burke was luckily tough enough to point these things out and knew that even though Malice was sad now she would bounce back later.

She started about their children. Instantly Burke knew that it would be alright. "They do. However not big enough to quit whining about their mother if she is away for one night," he pointed out, she had been missed by their young too. "Soon they will be yearlings," he spoke, he hoped pyro was going to make that age, however he had surprised his father so far for being a weakling that he was.

"I thought you were taken by the brotherhood," he then admitted, and sat down tiredly, clearly not very well rested. He had to keep the kids busy with his lack of sleep because their endless questions about their mother was something he couldn't answer.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
It was true Malice wasn't very happy with Judas and Pyx not being able to visit here, but she supposed it was for the best. As long as she told herself Pyro and Vassago would be safer if it was done this way, she would be alright. They were her life, together with Burke, and she would do whatever in her power to keep them safe and happy. Sometimes, she was happy she had left in heat that one afternoon. She sure would tell her children about it when they were old enough. "Just find a female in heat and impregnate her, she'll be yours forever".

Her ears lowered in embarrassment, and yet she was also happy to hear they had missed her. It showed that they cared. I'll have to make up for the trouble. She giggled. She shook her pelt softly, getting irritated by the constant dripping. That was the downside of having a river as a border- you'll have to get used to a river smell and a wet coat. Well, maybe not so soon. She smiled. How old were they now? Like, 2 moons and a bit?

A surprised and concerned face looked to her side. Oh, Burke... She breathed out, giving a nuzzle to his shoulder as he sat down. She truly felt bad for concerning her whole family like this, but didn't dare apologize. I'm way too smart to get caught by those imbeciles... She whispered softly. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was glad that Malice wasn't saying sorry for everything anymore. She had chosen to stay out and now she had to face the 'consequences'. Though Burke found that his reaction was rather mild. If she had stayed away a week he would be very pissed off. The male shook his head slightly. "Don't underestimate them, Malice! Who know what they have plotted by now. Cicero is out scouting for us. I am certain of it," he spoke. "They can be very dangerous. It was my leadership that mellowed them down. They were far more aggressive with Meldresi. And now Damien is running...." He spoke like that was saying everything because for Burke it was saying enough.

He let out a sigh. "Though I guess we are safe on these sides of the mountains," Burke mumbled. "It was just a thought that went through me. I would never forgive myself if they would punish you for my deeds," he admitted and then had to lie down. He let out a soft sigh. "I'm getting too old for this," he grunted. Though he didn't mean anything by it really.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
One night spent without her wouldn't kill them, right? Good, because if it did, she'd never forgive herself. Of course she could've traveled all night, but this way she had gotten the rest she needed for the trip back. The cave was surprisingly comfortable, but she missed the warmth of her family against her. Her ears were draping against her skull as Burke brought up Meldresi. She felt that as long as she was remembered, Burke would never be truly hers. Jealous of a dead woman, that was the low she would sink to for him.

They won't get us- not here. I won't let them ruin our lives ever again. She said, sitting down and eventually lying down next to him on the ground, placing her head gently in the curve of his neck. Do you- do you still think a lot about them? About Meldresi?
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke could hear some insecurity and perhaps some jealously in her last words. He slowly nodded, confirming that he thought about them. "But not in the way you think. I do not miss them. I think about them because I am worried they will come here eventually. I am worried that someone will rat them out," he explained to Malice.

"And I about Meldresi I do not think about her. She is in the past and she left me a long time ago. You shouldn't worry about her. We mated, a week later she went missing for a month. She returned. Two and a half months later she was dead. Soon we will be mated far longer," he pointed out with a hint of a smile.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She closed her eyes as she listened to him, perhaps not having slept as well as she had originally thought. What she heard somewhat pleased her. It was almost impossible to forget a great part of your life. Burke could think of the Brotherhood just as much as she did with Moonlit Hills. The Teekon is big... I hope we'll never have to see them again... She felt tears stinging in her eyes, but could luckily control herself. She wondered if Burke knew how hard she had tried to fit in there- day after day trying to get on their good side. No matter what she said, they would never have accepted her- The old Malice was foolish enough to believe that that was not the case.

What... What was she like? She seemed important to all of you... She didn't want to make him think of her for longer than need be, but she couldn't ask anyone else of Meldresi. All of who she could ask were out to harm her, safe for Cicero and Kendra, and it would all be too risky to seek them out- she would never.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke snorted softly when she asked about Meldresi, after mentioning that Teekon was big. But she asked about Meldresi and her role. "She founded that pack, they are very religious. Meldresi was almost like a token of that religion. She was a priestess," he shrugged and then looked at Malice. There was not much to say really. He could tell a lot about her but he had the feeling that if he would go into detail he might upset his mate.

He looked at Malice. "She doesn't matter," he spoke, she was probably turning around in her grave that he said that. But Burke had almost maliciously turned against the brotherhood and their stupid beliefs. He never felt any repercussions for what he said and even how hard her worked he still got shit all over him. He was done with that pack and then believes.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
It was almost a "no shit, Sherlock" moment when he said they were very religious. What was it about these tenets again? She almost chuckled, but kept her cool. What does a priestess do? She asked. They had had none at Lucifer Peak, while her father surely was very religious. Even Malice herself found herself asking Satan things, but luckily had gone from obsessed to just curious if he was really there. Nemesis had refused to tell her about the Brotherhood, but she guessed Burke knew it better than her anyway. And with Blackfeather Woods aaaallll the way back in the Flatlands, there was no real threat if he were to tell her. 

She still had influence on them even after death... She mumbled. She wondered if she would ever be that important to anyone but her family. Of course she wanted to be remembered, but she had no such influence. She was just... Malice, she supposed. The runaway- the pack abandoner- the disgrace- the whore. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke didn't want to talk about the brotherhood and got visibly more annoyed with her questions. He liked to leave the past in the past. "She prays to the gods and says words at ceremonies and things like that," he spoke which was also common sense. "She knows a lot about the religion and pitches it to the others." Burke looked at Malice with a glance that said 'are-we-done-now?'

Burke let out a snort. "She did, annoyingly so. Because she knew so much the others felt helpless without her it seemed," he spoke. Burke turned his head away, scowling. He didn't want to talk about his previous pack and how they betrayed him. "All those years of service was for nothing it seemed, because they liked her more anyhow. So there is that. Can we leave it be now? I don't want to talk about it Malice. They hurt me deeply. They are not even worth talking about. Ever," he huffed.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Her ears lowered as she listened to Burke, noticing his tone that sounded kind of done with this. She couldn't help her curiosity, but alright, she supposed she could knock it off for now. Only for him, though. Weird that religion and belief can make wolves do odd things... She sighed. There was nothing she could do about it, but if she could, she would stop all the horrid things some people did for their religion. Believing was alright, she found, but not if it hurt you or others.

She let out a small giggle when Burke snorted. It was his thing, and she found herself doing it quite a lot too after meeting him. Her eyes looked in worry as Burke turned away, and she snuggled deeper into his fur in comfort. I'm sorry- it's just that I want to understand... She said in a guilty tone. But we find you the best; Vassago, Pyro and me. We love you, and hopefully that can fill whatever hole the Brotherhood has left in your heart.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke relaxed a bit when she snuggled closer and started to comfort him with her words. It did help him, her words. Burke quirked up his lips a bit. "I know, and there is something you must know too," he spoke almost like he was going to give hint. "You help me fill that hole bit by bit," he then admitted. "The kids somewhat too, because they make me feel like I am not truly a failure at being a father," he spoke and rested back against Malice.

"I just dislike to think as less as possible about them. They make me fear my life enough as it is," he admitted. He normally would never admit that he would be afraid of something but he was. His family being ripped apart by the brotherhood.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Eyes closed, she took a moment to take it all in. She had a wonderful life. Even when she was just gone for one night, her family was waiting on her. It was moments like this that made her so happy that she had left Moonlit Hills, how selfish that may sound. Bad choices were the foundation for better ones, she now realized. She smiled with her face in his fur. I'm glad we do... She said, her hot breath probably creating a warmer spot in his coat. I'm sorry I was gone for tonight, I should've stayed home... She sighed softly. 

I understand... She let out, moving her muzzle a bit in a cat-like manner to comfort him. His fear was not weakness, she knew. A leader like him, like her, was better off afraid than ignorant. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was glad that Malice understood. He was glad that they got to talk even though he disliked it badly. The old male pushed himself to his feet. "Let's get inside," he spoke, as he was tired and wanted his worry to be over. He didn't like to think about the brotherhood, he already thought too often about them.

The male went inside the den and laid down besides their pups, leaving some room for Malice to snuggle between them. He rather liked to share his den like this. Though soon their little bundles of joy would want their own dens. He close this eyes, too tired to think about that.

I think this is a nice ending!