Two Rivers Isle Sun rays out the corner of my eye
27 Posts
Ooc —
I injured both my wrists but one is getting better! Finally I can manage to post with Amos, so come and meet him :) (Replies may be a bit slow since I have to wear a brace on both arms and it makes typing kinda tricky)

He exhaled heavily, looking around from time to time to see if anyone noticed him. The male seemed to be a brutish, cold wolf, but he was admittedly too shy to go up to someone and formally introduce himself. Waiting for someone to iniate a conversation wasn't the most honorable thing to do, but he would suffer through it if it meant not having to walk up to anyone.

He had met a few wolves at the border, including the Alpha himself. However, he wasn't familiar with any of the other Arthendal wolves and intended to change that.
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
As much as Malice hated not being a part of the recruiting, someone had to look out for the new generation. Though, she would love for someone to keep her up to date with all these things. She was not known to be easy to get along with just anyone, especially not if the hate of others not telling her was growing deep inside her while meeting the new recruits. For Burke was not the only reliable alpha in Arthendal.

Today she had left the kids under Burke's care, not knowing if he would pass the task over to Aeronwyn, whom she trusted with her children. She was taking a stroll, stretching her legs and making sure she wouldn't get lost in her own land. She soon soon scented an unfamiliar smell though, and her happy smile turned grim. A trespasser? She carried herself big and proud as she approached the male, making sure her position as the Lady was clear to all looking at her without bragging. Her ears were carried straight up, but not forward as an aggressive wolf would do, her tail high in the air like a flag.

I am Malice, Lady of Arthendal and mate to Lord Burke. Who are you, if I may ask? She felt proper titles were to be used while meeting, as to avoid any confusion.  
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

27 Posts
Ooc —
He smelled the scent of another wolf, a female -- not that it made much of a difference to Amos. The smell of his newfound pack eased him a bit, but the male was still a bit on edge.

A dark shape came into view, domineering and proud, but not arrogant. She introduced himself, and it made sense. She seemed important at first glance, and her status matched her looks. He steadied himself as Malice asked who he was, forming a response in his mind that he hoped would come out as tactful. "I am Amos. I recently joined Arthendal on behalf of your mate, Burke. It is an honor to meet you," he said respectfully, dipping his head to the she-wolf.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
If she had known of how tense the male was, perhaps she would've gone a little more gentle on him. She didn't like acting this way, but this was the way that was needed to make sure no one would challenge her for her position. She rolled her shoulders some as they seemed a little stiff before placing her haunches carefully on Arthendal grounds, making herself a little comfortable before conversing any further.

They really never tell me something like this. She mumbled with a side glance to whatever was next to her, pretending it was any of her wolves. I'm sorry I wasn't there to greet you earlier, Amos, I was not aware we had another recruit. She said, straightening herself and placing her yellow eyes, one permanently scarred, with a golden glow upon the new recruit. What do you specialize in?
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

27 Posts
Ooc —
He relaxed. Maybe he shouldn't have been so worked up afterall, seeing that Malice was more casual than expected. He was quite thankful for that, but wouldn't let himself get to comfortable around her seeing that she was a wolf of great importance. "Don't feel bad, you had no way of knowing. I don't know how things work around here just yet, but there's no need to apologize," he responded with a small smile.

He returned her yellow gaze with his own, though not in a defiant or challenging way. "I specialize in fighting, though Burke has told me those skills aren't immediately needed." Fighters seemed to be plentiful in Arthendal, which was explained to him in the process of joining the pack. "I do express an interest in hunting as well, if that is more needed," he added. Burke had also expressed interests in the hunting skill, so mentioning it couldn't hurt.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice would never ever call herself more important than anyone in the pack, not after what she had done to so many innocent beings. She was no good leader, but she sure as hell was trying to better herself- and perhaps that alone was more admirable than anything about her. She'd be there to protect all who were loyal, fight off the evil and listen to all worth hearing. She didn't know how Burke felt about leading, but this was her way of doing it. 

I heard your call, but had no one to care for my children when you were at our borders. She avoided apologizing again, knowing it would tip off Burke -even while he wasn't here-, and carried on. She couldn't be everywhere at the same time, after all. Arthendal is indeed a place of many warriors, myself included. A wolf of the hunting skill would be preferable, but who says you can't do both? Malice said with a small smile. She would not take the boy's dreams away- if he wanted to be a warrior, he could do as he pleased, as long as he hunted as well. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

27 Posts
Ooc —
"I understand." He had never had the experience of behing around pups, but he could already infer that they were a handful. Malice seemed to have a lot on her hands already, or at least it seemed that way to him.

"I am thankful for the opportunity to develop both skills. I must admit, I am not an amazing hunter. I'd say a little more around average," he admitted, not seeing the use in pretending he was better than he actually was. "But since the pack is in need of a hunter, I am glad to explore the trade and become more skilled in the area." And he was. Amos did intend on taking up both trades, but he knew that he would have to spend a little extra time on the hunting trade.

"Both sounds like a good plan. I'll have to invest a bit more time in the hunting trade, but I will make sure to keep up with my fighting skills as well," he responded, restating what he had gone over in his thoughts.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She smiled. At least he got it. That did not mean she would forgive herself for missing another recruiting session, though. But, she supposed, her children were more important to her anyway. Vassago and Pyro had gone through enough bad stuff already, and leaving them without guidance once again would not be the smartest move. 

He seemed happy with her offer, and that was all she tried to do. Just make her members happy here. She wondered if he knew the rules already though, for she assumed a hunter would cross the border many times. Perhaps you'd make a great Gamekeeper someday. She chuckled. If you ever want to train you fighting skills, you can go to the Warlord -Aeronwyn, or one of the squires. She informed, the best intentions in mind. She wished she had time to spar with every squire individually more often, but that was not her job. She was there to protect, the Warlord did the training. 

Has my mate told you about our rules already? There aren't many, but they are important. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

27 Posts
Ooc —
"Gamekeeper? That sounds like quite the title," he smiled, thinking of a wolf such as himself having something like that. It was open for him though, seeing that no others at the time seemed to be pursuing it. "I suppose one day I could be worthy enough of that." Although he had just joined the pack, he now found what he wanted to work for from just one conversation.

"Aeronwyn..." he trailed off, trying to think of where he had heard the name. "Ah, yes. I met her at the border, she seemed like good company," he nodded, remembering the respectable she-wolf. He raised a brow at her next question, trying to remember the conversation he had had with Malice's mate. "I don't recall hearing any rules," he said. He waited patiently for Malice to speak. Knowing the rules of his newfound pack was very important, lest he messed up without knowing it.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
It's a big fancy word to say you would be the one leading the hunts and training the Stalkers. Still important, though. She explained. Yeah, Burke would just recruit about anyone without telling them the basic stuff. She wasn't mad, perhaps her sprinkles were a little wrinkled, but not mad. She was relieved that Amos was not a braggy little brat, and admired his humble statement. She was sure he'd make a good Arthendaller -perhaps they had to work on that name- very soon.

She really is. She's like a sister to me. Malice explained. That also was a reason why she had been crowned Warlord out of all the squires- Malice and Burke trusted her. She had been with them the longest, having traveled half across Teekon with them. Damn, what a journey it had been. She took a deep breath. We are a very private pack, so sharing information or ressources with anyone that is not of Arthendal is quite forbidden. Burke and I are on the wanted list of Blackfeather Woods, so we would very much appreciate you using our fake names; Absinthe and Thor, whenever outside the borders. That were the biggest rules, but she supposed she'd state the obvious as well. Betraying is not very appreciated, and we demand-that's a strong word, Isn't it?- we'd appreciate respect where respect is due.
~Adopt Avalon!~

27 Posts
Ooc —
"I don't doubt its importance, in fact, it seems very significant," Amos nodded, drinking in the information. He listened as Malice explained Aeronwyn's importance to her, thinking back to the white she-wolf whom he had met at the border. He wondered what she had done to earn Malice's friendship, but decided not to ask.

"This Blackfeather Woods you speak of...they sound very dangerous." Amos muttered, trying to remember where he had heard the name. He had met a young male before joining Arthendal named Cicero from that same pack who seemed harmless. He gulped, trying to picture him as a wolf who was a part of a pack that had a "wanted" list. Maybe one day, he'd even be fighting against him.

There was a silence, and he spoke again. "Absinthe and Thor," he repeated as if to embed the words in his mind. It was all so new to him, the idea of hiding identities and having hostile relations with other wolves. He nodded, listening to the last of the rules with a patient silence.

"I promise to uphold these rules," he stated, unsure if a declaration was required or not. "And as for respect, I will always be respectful whether asked or not," the male stated humbly.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
I'm glad you're interested- I'm really not very experienced in leading hunts. She said with a soft nervous giggle. The leader couldn't be expected to be good in everything, she supposed, but she was still embarrassed saying that she couldn't do something. Well, she could do it, she just wasn't very good at it. Next came a very sudden statement. The Blackfeather Woods wolves were indeed dangerous, but Burke and her had lost them miles and miles before even reaching Two Rivers Isle. She doubted even Cicero would scout out this far. 

They are, I suppose, but they only want me and my family. If you flee, if they ever find us out, I doubt they would chase you down too. She tried to calm the male down a bit, perhaps soothing her own worries with it too. She sighed. Burke was an alpha there, but got me pregnant and brought me to the woods. They saw me as a betrayal, and even our children were threatened and I was locked away. It took us a few weeks to make our grand escape, children and all in our mouths- oh you had to see us. She giggled. Aeronwyn followed, and she's been with us ever since. She explained, not knowing why she was telling Amos this all. Perhaps she was a bit emotional today, as a new mother should be.

I'm glad you will. She let out a happy sigh. Today was a good day, she found, though winter was as good as around the corner. Oh- she couldn't wait to see how Pyro and Vassago would react to snow! And Burke's winter coat had to look fluffy and cute- even though it did almost always. Even with grayer hairs he was as cute as ever. Have you find a dry place to hide from the storms yet? We had one a while ago- one with lightning and everything.
~Adopt Avalon!~

27 Posts
Ooc —
Amos smiled, shaking his head. "Well, I suppose that makes two of us, until I learn the ropes." If hunting was a trade not as sought after in the pack, then he may as well teach himself. He knew the basics but had a lot of work to do if he ever wanted to attempt something as daunting as leading a pack hunt.

The male pryed himself from his own thoughts, listening as Malice explained her experience with Blackfeather Woods. He raised a brow, curious as to how the she-wolf was seen as a betrayal, but not brave enough to ask. Despite the excuse that Blackfeather Woods would not hunt him down without good reason, they still didn't seem like the best company. "As long as they want someone from our pack, I'm still going to see them as dangerous," he chuckled heartily. "I'm glad you all are safe, though. Must have been quite the journey." Amos could only imagine trying to live a "on the run" life style while being on the wanted list. And on top of that, with pups.

He smiled at her statement of gratitude, falling silent before she spoke again. "The storms? I suppose I've found my way around before joining the pack, but I haven't found any cover upon my arrival," Amos frowned. If a storm did happen to come rolling in, it was a good idea to find a place for shelter. He grimaced. "Lightning too? I'll make sure my safe spot isn't underneath a tree."
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Again, Malice couldn't think of anyone better to teach him than Aeronwyn. She had proved to be both a leader and a fighter when she took over the small hunt with Shink. But mentioning her again might put her in unbeatable light or something, and she didn't want Aeronwyn to seem like a goddess or- perhaps a better Lady. It was selfish, yes, but everyone was once in a while. Malice had worked way too hard to give it all up, and she wouldn't dare think about what would happen to Burke if she were to be beaten down the ranks or send away.

Even Malice was not totally sure why she had been such a problem for the Brotherhood. Sure, Burke had been the mate of Meldresi, the embodiment of their religion and the founder of the pack, but was seeking out another mate after her death really so bad? If anything, it was useful to have more recruits. Pyro and Vassago could've been true killers with the blood of both her and Burke. Oh, it really was. A road trip through hell, I'd call it. She chuckled.

Well, there are many critter dens in the forest where both Aeronwyn and my family have found a good place. Perhaps you should look there. She offered. The next bit he said made her look a little dumb though, but she couldn't recall the lightning striking the trees before. Maybe, with all the higher points the lightning could strike in better outside of the river, they'd be sort of save. I'm sure the chance of the lightning striking here is not so big- but maybe Burke and I should look for a bigger den somewhere near the hills where we could all be safe if it does start storming...
~Adopt Avalon!~

27 Posts
Ooc —
"A road trip through hell. Well, that sounds like quite the story," he chuckled. He still wondered what had enforced the so called "road trip through hell" but didn't want to ask, lest he stir up any unwanted memories. Amos listened closely as Malice described a few places for shelter, amused at the thought of him hiding in a critter's den. However, seeing that Malice's family had found their way around it, he could too.

"I'll take your advice," he said. He listened again as Malice seemingly considered moving to a different location; he didn't really care which location they picked. "Let me know if you decide for one over the other," he said. He decided finding shelter would be a better idea when they found an exact place to settle down, but looking for a temporary spot wasn't the worst idea either.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
While Malice was very understanding of others, not answering thoughts was not her problem. If someone didn't understand something she was saying, they should just ask. She was nit like Burke- she wouldn't get all disgruntled. Of course, she'd rather let the past be what it was, but it all was what made her what she was now. Everyone should be proud of their past- bad or good. That'll be a story for a stormy night. She giggled. 

I was more thinking of both. Like, a bigger one we could all fit in for some company for when it's storming, and our own little ones in the forest. You could tell she was getting excited for this idea. The only time the whole pack had been together was when they first formed- and that was quite a while ago. Perhaps it was getting time for a meeting and a pack hunt. She'd have to speak to Burke about it all. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

27 Posts
Ooc —
He grinned at Malice's enthusiasm, showing him how much she cared for her pack. She was a good alpha, and all it took to show that to him was a single conversation. He smiled, glad that he had chosen Arthendal as his home despite it's newness -- that aspect somehow made it even better. He would be a part of it's early days, or rather a part of it's growth to success.

He listened to her ideas, nodding every so often to indicate he agreed. "That makes sense. Both is always a good answer," he mused, thinking aloud. She spoke of having company, which wasn't a bad thing, though he didn't exactly consider himself a social butterfly. The thought of having the whole pack in one shelter was somewhat daunting, but he'd tolerate it of course. 

"If you ever need someone to go out and look for shelters, I'd be glad to do that," he offered with a warm smile.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Would you like for Amos to be ranked as a Stalker?

It was true that Malice cared a lot about her wolves- her family. Though, she was afraid to make the same mistake she had made with Moonlit Hills. She didn't want to flee them, and she definitely didn't want them getting wrapped up in the whole affair with the Brotherhood. As Burke, she was scared deep down, fearing for the life of her friends, Burke and her children more than anything.

She nodded excitedly when he agreed. More was better, but too much was worse than too little. It could make one greedy, and that was the last thing she wanted to become. But she supposed that with dens it was different. An idea popped into her head- an event of some sort.

Can you dig? She asked, a seemingly random question that was quite obvious. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

27 Posts
Ooc —
go ahead! :)

The question Malice asked seemed like a change of topic -- though he gradually connected her query with what they were discussing just moments before. "Yes, I can dig," he replied, remembering the days he spent storing his kills in caches along the way of his journeys. On top of that, he would also dig small dips into the earth to sleep in if he felt the need.

"I'm assuming that you need me to do quite a bit of it," he smiled. If he was right and Malice wanted him to carve out a few shelters, then he would have to do a lot of digging indeed. A few helpers to speed up the process wouldn't hurt, but he waited until he knew they were on the same page before bringing it up.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Of course she didn't mean that he should be the one digging everything- they could do it all together. It would be a great opportunity for everyone to meet each other and feel like a true group. This was so exciting! Of course, she'd ask Burke first, and the pups wouldn't be able to do so much, but she found they'd still have to be there. Maybe they would even like it!

I was thinking of gathering everyone to dig the bigger den- that way we can do something together instead of hunting and important meetings! She said excited, voice cracking here and there. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

27 Posts
Ooc —
He couldn't help but smile again -- she radiated motivational energy that made him look forward to digging holes in the ground. Now that was a strong influence. Scraping at the earth for hours didn't seem enjoyable at first, but it would be a good way to bond and contribute to the pack.

"Good idea," he rumbled, a smile on his lips. He was looking forward to the event almost as much as Malice was. Maybe he'd even make a few more friends, or at least get the chance to talk to a few others.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She hoped everyone would be up for a day of together-ness and dirt, though she could understand not everyone would be pumped for something like this. She wasn't demanding anyone to partake in it, she just really liked to do something with the whole pack. Arthendal needed to be a place where everyone felt comfortable with each other- to learn and to expand one's horizon. At least, that was what she was going for. 

I'll discuss it with Burke soon- but sssshht... She shushed mysteriously with a giggle. It'll be a secret for the rest- I'd hate to disappoint anyone if it doesn't end up happening. She said with a smile. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

27 Posts
Ooc —
Amos smiled as the alpha female discussed the matter as if it were a top-secret mission. "Your secret is safe with me," he managed to say, giving a flick of his ear. Amos was looking forward to digging shelters although it was a lot of hard work. Though being the wolf he was, he could definitely handle something like that. Besides, as he told himself time and time again, he'd be able to meet more of his pack members.

"Even if it doesn't end up happening, we could always end up doing it later," he added with a shrug.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
A grin from scar to ear was present on her face. Thank you. She said with an appreciating nod of her head. Not everyone was good at keeping secrets, but she hoped that Amos was not one like that. He had not struck her as that either, but they had only just met- and this was no Disney movie. You're right. She spoke softly with a slight wink of her scarred eye. It was time to check back upon how things were fairing at home now, she decided. The kids probably missed her- so attached were the little boys to their mama.

Well, this is where I leave you then. She said with an awkward smile. Excusing oneself was harder than it looked- for she didn't want to seem like she didn't want to talk to him anymore. My children probably miss me- it was nice meeting you, Amos.
~Adopt Avalon!~