Two Rivers Isle Absinthe is the aphrodisiac of the self
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
@Malice @Burke but other Arthendal wolves are welcome to join! (He is approaching Two Rivers Isle from the western (Shadewood) side)

It was strange for him to travel this much. Unlike his siblings who extended Mephala's strands to the far corners of the Earth, Miraak stayed relatively close to home. His services were not to preach or to infiltrate; only to kill. There were, however, some times where the lines between responsibilites blurred; he could easily manipulate others, or use dark magicks, but his forte was cornering and slaying his targets.

That was why this mission confused him. He was a Silencer, one of the Elite assassins of each Brotherhood Sect. Wouldn't it make more sense to send out a spy? Or even a fellow priest?

Perhaps it was because they were related. It was true that he and his sister were close despite their age difference, but he hadn't seen Meldresi in a long time. Things might have changed. He surely changed.

But he was already here, in Teekon Wilds, where she was sent to two years ago. The shade passed through the shadowy woods, relishing in the break from the heat. He lingered for much longer than he intended, not willing to part from the thick canopy and venture back into the blaze of summer. Meldresi was patient. She could wait just a few moments longer for him.

The forest ended at the curve of a river, which he slid into, sighing at the cool refreshment as the water covered his dark pelt. The shade lapped at the water around him as he sloshed about, careful not to slide in too deep for risk of washing away his mark (an uncomfortable thought; he wasn't used to having his mark out outside of his home). His senses weren't idle, even as he indulged himself. He could smell the thick pack scent ebbing off of the opposite shore. It made him tense, and his indigo eyes scanned the shore for any sign of movement...

Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
It was the most important time of the day again; patrolling time! Malice almost grunted as she crawled out of the den, becoming better at leaving quietly. She trotted a bit through the forest, checking upon the den of Aeronwyn before making her way to the West side of the territory to work her way up North. She had studied the stars so many times here that she could almost see them at day, feeling quite confident in her abilities to know which way was which. Despite it having rained now and again, the river was still low enough to not become a threat any time soon, and she was happy to see so. Although it sounded fun to swim to your den and become some weird water-wolf-fishhybrid, she felt like the world wasn't ready for it just yet.

Two golden shining yellow orbs scanned the river side, her scar burning in the sunlight as she made her way around, marking the inside border now and again. Her nose wiggled in the summer air, closing her eyes to just take it all in. Life here was amazing, and she almost felt sorry for the Brotherhood in that dark forest of theirs. Even with a thick pelt sunbathing was fun, especially when you have a river so nearby. 

Her nose stopped wiggling and her eyes popped open at the sound of splashing water and the scent of a stranger. Her eyes scanned the river, finally settling on a black hued pelt, silvery gray trailing over his wet body as he was inside THEIR river. Maybe the border wasn't as strong on the other side anymore- but she clearly remembered it being marked just days ago. Her brow furrowed. Normally Aeronwyn was always near when this sort of thing happened, but it seemed she had to handle it alone for today.

Hey, you! She barked, louder than the river. Get the hell out of our territory! She barked again, jumping in the river, but not moving toward him just yet. The sides were easily to stand, she had found out a long long time ago, and so this way she could defend the land better, she hoped. Maybe the man was wise enough to just leave.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Miraak was tempted to shut his eyes and bask in the coolness of the water, but the presence of that unknown pack kept them open. He compromised with the two feelings, keeping them half lidded as he scanned the shore, soft murmurs of contentment rumbling from his throat as he bathed.

His peace didn't last long, unfortunately. A dark female, a quite lovely one, minus the anger, burst from the trees, yelling at him to leave their territory. He looked down at the water — since when did wolves own water? — then back up at the female. A lazy smile graced his features, his lilting voice ringing over the splashing water. I'll obey your wishes, dear lady, but in return I must ask a few questions, He backed slowly towards the shore, his indigo gaze firmly on her as he moved. Nothing demanding, I assure you, nor does it have much concerning your pack or its wellbeing, His back paw reached land, and it was then that he turned and dragged himself ashore.

My name is Miraak Melonii, He was unused to so blatantly giving his name away, but in this circumstances, treachery and secrecy was detrimental to his quest. I am looking for my sister, Meldresi. She has a similar vistage to mine: black fur, indigo eyes. Less scars however, she wasn't much for fighting. He added with a soft chuckle. Anyway, I would simply like to know if you have seen her, and if you have, where and when that was. That is all I ask, and I will be on my way.

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She almost snarled as he tried to make a deal with her. The river was theirs, he was invading and now trying to ask questions. Who did this man think he was? Perhaps he was even more cocky than Lucifer- they did look alike. But his almost dark purple pelt was a dead give away, as well as his eyes. Lucifer was more black-like in the sun, and he carried the Lanius' golden eyes. How dare he speak to her that way? Not even the elderly deserved respect when they acted like this.

Why should I give a trespasser any sort of information? She said with a mocking grin. To hell with him, to hell with respect for the elderly that couldn't just stay the fuck away from obviously marked borders. First it was the "Vut the feck" lady, and now the man who thought he was better than anyone. As he retreated, Malice remained in the streaming water, feeling quite relaxed in the cool water. Still, her muscles were tense, ears forward in aggression and a half wet tail high in the air- above the water.

He went forward with the conversation, and for a moment Malice though of ignoring him completely, waiting until he gave up and left or be so dumb as to attack. But as he went on, Malice froze, ears twitching. Meldresi? The Meldresi? Was the description he was giving really what the former mate of Burke looked like, or was there someone who shared the woman's name? Meldresi you say? She asked, voice softer and calmer than before. He had grabbed her attention now. The head of the Dark Brotherhood, a priestess? She questioned.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke rushed forward into the river towards the stranger. His hackles flared and teeth bared. A normal reaction from the male if he was a trespasser. He had been watching from the shadow just now and he had heard what the male was asking. It unnerved Burke and stupid, Stupid Malice even revealed that she knew her. God. Burke was more furious at her right now than he was at this trespasser. He had seen the mark on his shoulder and frankly he couldn't care less that this was Meldresi's brother. He wanted it to be over. Wanted her to be out of his life.

His pale eyes livid as he looked at Malice for a moment before he gathered his calmness. "You are not welcome so close to our border and we don't talk to strangers like yourself. Back off from our lands," he spoke to him on a rather calm tone treating him like just another wolf that was too close to their borders. He didn't comment about the Meldresi thing. Burke then lifted his head and turned to his mate briefly. "Absinthe, dear, what ever this man was asking you, it is not of our interest." How could she give his man even a HINT of that she knew of them. Now he had revealed himself too in his anger at her and he was certain they were doomed now. This male could ruin everything. Malice had opened a little window and Burke wanted to shut it right now.

He was tense, which was normal for an alpha wolf who had to deal with a stranger on his borders. "I'd like you to leave now with your questions. You won't get an answer to any of them," he pointed out to the male. He glanced at Malice she better keep her mouth shut from now on or Burke was going beside himself sooner or later. Then their escape attempt was all for nothing.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She knew her! Lady Luck was guiding him today. He had found some traces of information of his sister's whereabouts. His hopes were low when the woman approached, but this changed everything. His expression changed from smug to gleeful, a betrayal of emotion he would otherwise hit himself for. But he let it slip. Yes. You know her? Or where she is?

Her answer was dashed in the wind as the silver male charged forward, docked tail raised in a hilarious impression of dominance. The male knew something about his sister; Miraak saw it as he gazed cooly at the snarling amputee. But he wouldn't press any further. He was outnumbered and in unfamiliar territory. The male bowed his head slightly towards the pair. As you wish. He started to turn away in the opposite direction, Thank you for the information, milady. He practically melted into the shadows, wondering where he should turn next. Lingering here for long wouldn't bring him any information, nor would it be beneficial for his health. What to do next...

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
How she had not noticed Burke lurking around- she had no clue, but shock was visible on her face as he came storming into the scene. She had not been thinking- wanting to help more than anything in her life, and had foolishly let the male know they knew Meldresi. She had wanted to tell she was dead, had this whole backstory thought out of how they might know this, but she supposed it was a little risky. Burke had stopped her from helping the enemy- just in time too. She had wanted to tell the man so much, silly her. This way she wasn't protecting her family at all. Bad, bad Malice.

She looked away when Burke shot her an angry glance, instead getting occupied with a fish close to her legs. She had not moved for a while, perhaps that was why the fish trusted her legs to be part of the river. She wasn't hungry however, and let the poor thing be, shaking her leg and watching it swim away. Yes dear... Was the only thing she could mutter as her fake name was spoken, climbing out of the river onto Arthendal land, her tail dangling and dripping between her hind legs. She did not see them as doomed, however. She doubted Miraak, the old man with probably a memory like a goldfish, to tell any details about this when or if he reached the Brotherhood.

She shook her pelt from left to right a few times, already feeling the summer sun through her dark, mixed coat of chocolate and dark honey. The more she thought about it, the more she began to realize she hadn't fucked up that bad. If the male still thought that they thought that Meldresi was alive, they couldn't have been around since her death. A small smile flickered on her face for a few moments before disappearing. How was she going to explain that to Burke though, now that he was so angry? She didn't feel the urge to say goodbye to Miraak, instead watching as he retreated to wherever the hell he came from. Coincidence? She didn't think so. This was fate. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke stood his guard, not expecting the male to comply that quickly to his request. However he did and it made Burke feel a bit better. He gave the male a good look over, basically the male version of his former mate. God, how life could have been different if she was still alive. Burke shook his head a bit but kept his guard.

Malice went back into the territory, clearly backing off from this case. That didn't mean that Burke was less angry with her. He would give his life to protect her and their kids. And here she was just babbling to the first that asked for Meldresi. The male stayed in the river until he couldn't see the male any longer and his paws were numb from the cold water.

The large male then went back into his territory, not sure if he wanted to find Malice right now. Perhaps he should cool down before yelling something at her that he might regret. At least he protected the pack and their lands from the first brotherhood attack. That was how Burke saw it.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist