Cassiopeia's View i wish today it will rain all day
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
All Welcome 
She found shelter from the rainstorm beneath a large shelf that jutted from the mountain range— she was in no condition to climb it, and the overhang served her better anyway. Magpie had spent the previous few days skirting along the large lake, doing her best not to look at the hazy caldera that sat behind it in the distance. She was doing her best not to do a lot of things, actually— the most difficult of which was her attempt not to think. She feared that she would succumb to grief if she paused for even a moment to dwell on anything more than her most immediate needs.

Her plan was only to survive the next minute. And when that minute was up, to survive the next. Repeat.

But the storm had halted her ability to do much of anything, for the earth beneath her feet had turned to mud and became to difficult for her sore limbs to keep their footing. And so she cowered beneath the mountain's ledge, watching the rain dully, doing her best to focus only on the sound of it and her breath.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
She had been running. Running through the rain and wind. Thunder boomed it seemed all around her. She wan't askard but she was rushing to find some cover from this heavy rain fall. She imagined that it would get much worse before it got even alittle bit better. The ground squished beneather her paws and she left deep foot prints in the ground. Her paws were covered in mud and muck and her coat was almost completely drentched. She was getting cold and searched somewhat franticly for a place to rest, dry off, and wait out the storm.

She came across a shelf whiched seemed like a good place to keep most of the storm out. She slowed her running the a gallop then to a very slow walk once she noticed that there was another wolf under the shelter who seemed to have the same idea Rouge had. She walked up to the entrance. It was a black female similar to Rouges appearance. With green eyes aposed to Rouges blue eyes. She was far too cold to play any of her usual games. "Excuse me" she asked the female "Might I share some of your shelter. It's really starting to come down." she smiled at her hoping she would come across a friendly. Her leggs shook as they stood still in the rain waiting for the females responce.

run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Though her expression was blank, watching the rainfall with faraway eyes, Magpie's throat was thick with emotion. It was good that she was alone— a thought that was at odds with her desire for constant company— for she was certain that if there were someone at her side, she would crumble completely and utterly. She bid a silent thanks to the universe, for surely no wolf would stray very far from their territories in this weather.

Her body shook, in part from the chill of the rain, though she suspected it was more than that. Magpie was about to lay her head down upon her paws, shutting her eyes against the world and begging for sleep, but the sudden appearance of a female at the entrance stayed her. She was too distracted, and the rain had dulled her sense of smell. Despite her surprise, the Corvidae's reaction was merely to sit up and eye the other warily. It would be petty to say no, and if refusal were to lead to a fight, Magpie knew she would lose.

She nodded her head, then motioned with her muzzle to beckon the dark woman in. She still didn't trust her voice to speak.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
The female under the shelf seemed shocked to see another emerging from the storm. Which Rouge wasn't surprised by, often times other wolves would find shelter way before a down pore, but Rouge had been distracted and partly did care until the storm got worse. The female nodded and gestured for Rouge to come in under the shelf with her. 

Before entering Rouge shook her fur hoping to get a majority of it off, and not on the female that had so kindly allowed her to share the shelter. After shaking the stepped in thanking the female. "Thanks" she said and walked in and sat my the females side. Not close but not far away either as the shelf wasn't too big. 

She waited in silence for a bit, but wanting to break the silence a bit and defuse the awkward, she attempted to create a bit of conversation. "Quite the storm isn't it?" She asked.