Nocturne Summit Some say the world will end in fire, others say in ice
Darkness exists to make light truly count
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
All Welcome 
@Aduin mild PP, pm me if you want me to change.

It was dark here.  That was one of the first things that Odie noticed.  She and Aduin had been travelling for just two days now, sleep and hunting included.  It had been pretty nice so far, and as Odie first layed her paws upon the mountianous ground it just seemed a little more... natural to her.  Much more natural than travelling on flat ground.  She supposed it was probably just engraved in her every since living upon Silvertip Mountains rocky terrian, because even though she did not like the wolves their she had to admit that she did sometimes miss the mountian.

She turned her head to face Aduin.

"It's kinda dark here isn't it?"  She asked him rhetorically.  Her gaze sliding through the darkness of the summit.  It was eerie in a way that anyone could notice.  It was so dark, covered in shadows, that it was almost like the mountain had swallowed you whole.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin kept a close eye on their surroundings, remembering it was his task to protect Odette. If anything happened to her...Aduin didn't want to think about it, but still did from time to time. They started up into mountains, which made him anxious. They could slip, or a rock slide could happen. Or some larger predator could be in the mountains!

But he did his best to keep his cool. Although seeing the darkness of the summit, it was ominous and made a little more anxious. "Yeah..it is. Let's keep moving" Aduin replied. He didn't meanto have a nervous edge to it.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Aduin agreed with her and Odette speed up her pace just wanting to get out of the shady mountain area as soon as possible.  It was just so creepy... and had a nervous air to it.

She wanted out now.

So at that thought Odie broke into a fast jog, hoping that Aduin would join her.  "I think we'd better get out of here fast."  She whimpered softly, her scared eyes darting to and fro around her.  "I really don't like it here.  Not at all."

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin found the place unnerving. And by how Odette acted, she did too. Before heknew it, she was going faster ahead. He reacted, thinking it not safe to go fast on a mountain. "Odette, wait!" He went a little faster, but not as fast so he could be careful where he stepped.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Aduin called out for her to wait and she slowed letting him catch up to her.  She looked sheepishly down at her paws.  Thinking that of course she should have thought about her actions before she had acted upon them.  How clueless was she really?

"Sorry Aduin, I was born on a mountain... I-I didn't mean to leave you in the dust.  Plus I just really wanted to get out of this place as soon as possible."  She told him both apologetically and nervously, hoping that Aduin would understand why she had acted like she had, but Aduin was resonable so she was sure he would probably understand.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin caught up after she slowed. He looked confused for a moment, but listened as she explained herself. He remembered what she had told him. "I understand." He understood that being on a mountain must have brought up old memories. "Just take it slow, okay? I'd rather you not be falling down a mountainside." He gave her a nudge of reassurance to her shoulder and stuck by her side. "I promised Seb we would get back home soon."
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Aduin was purely worried about her and she understood that.  After all in Uncle Seb's eyes Aduin was responsible for her.  Still she sorta wished that he didn't have to be so worried.  She would be fine, totally fine.  All that really mattered to her right now was getting out of this shady mountain area as soon as possible.  Apperantly though Aduin's highest priority was keeping her safe.  So she was stuck at a slower pace.  Odie could handle it though, she would handle it.

"Okay, sorry Aduin."  She apologized again, after he had come to her side and finished speaking then began to walk.  She began to wonder if this trekk was longer than the one from Silvertip Mountain to Broken Antler Fen.  She doubted it.  That journey had been the longest in her short life.  Perhaps though it was because of all the pain that had been inside of her back then.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"No need to be sorry. Just stick close." He moved his gaze ahead, focusing on anything that could be signs of danger. He really didn't want Odette hurt. So young, so vulnerable to predators. As long as no fire or predator came, Aduin kept at a steady pace by her side.

Fade?
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Odie nodded keeping at his side.  As they walked though Odie found herself actually realizing that maybe taking it slow was the better choice.  Next to Aduin's side she found that she felt so much safer in this eerie, creepy, dark place.  She felt secure.

So for the rest of the journey to Moonspear she never left his side.