Cedar Sweep baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Private 
for @Aria - tagging Pal for visibility :) 

She had trekked so far away from the Meadow. With @Palisander frequently at her side Isley was getting more comfortable around him. There was in him a bit of spark, he was frequently playful with her and kept her spirits high. The more time they spent in one another's company the more that she found herself flirting with the male which was equal parts curious and terrifying

The sun had risen high above her and before her gaze was a vision of beauty. The forest was majestic, cradling what looked to be a fertile valley, and Isley found herself wanting to spend a few days combing across the lands. There was no scent markers, no claims laid out, and so the redhead felt comfortable enough to explore the lands at her leisure. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander happily traveled with the female. Often his route was randomly picked because he rather liked randomness, and with the female tagging along they had more opportunities in hunting. Palisander rather liked this nomad life with Isley. He usually at howling distance if they were not together. He noticed that after his confession she had become more flirty towards him, which he really didn't mind at all.

Palisander trotted next to her, watching the unclaimed lands they traveled through. He was a few paces away from her, marking a tree. A male was still a male, and Palisander liked to know where he had been. Plus he found that his pee would be a wonderful addition to the scent of that tree. He rather liked his own scent after all. The black and tan male caught up with the red female with a lazy gallop.

He nipped her playfully in her butt and grinned. His tail wagging behind him. His nip was nothing more than a very light grazing of his teeth over her skin, perhaps more than a tickle. He looked so smug after nipping her though, it was almost cute.

I figured Pali wouldn't be far off xD
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
tagging @Constantine for visibility! feel free to respond <3

The pair had split up for the time being, though Aria knew Constantine was nearby. She'd scented wolves and, though she knew better than to approach strangers alone, her curiosity got the best of her. The pale queen wondered if Constantine had scented them and would come investigate, but she didn't worry too much. From not too far off she stared, tense and ready to flee if needed but her tail wagged behind her in an effort to show them that she was of no threat. She waited for them to see her and react, and then she would react accordingly. 
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Isley had never found herself around a male she wasn't related to for so long. Sometimes she fumbled in how she behaved around Palisander - catching herself from time to time wondering just what a life with him might be like. Perhaps it would be like this, where they worked together and fed off each other, or maybe they might have been at each other's throats constantly. It was so hard to say what truly might happen and the redhead wasn't sure she was ready to find out just yet. 

And just at that moment when Isley had been thinking such sweet thoughts about him Palisander nipped her right on the butt and the woman whipped around, not giving him even a second to wipe the smug look from his face before she'd launched herself at him. Of course, it was like flicking a pebble at a boulder but she she was hoping she might catch him off guard - even if she pinned him for a second it would be worth it. She'd show him! 

Just then Isley realized they were not alone. She quickly retreated from Palisander's body, head lifting as she saw a pale figure nearby. Isley gave a brief wag of her tail back to the other female, taking a couple cautious steps away from the safety of Palisander. "Hello."
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander was about to rear up playfully when Isley turned around to show him that she didn't like the nip in her butt, but the male was pretty sure she did like it. However they didn't got to be playful for long because there was a pale female further up that Isley noticed. The male turned towards the female, she looked friendly. His nose sniffed the air, clearly trying to sniff her. She smelled of other wolves, while he probably smelled of Isley only since he had been only hanging out with her.

Palisander kept his blood orange eyes on the female when Isley greeted her. He stepped next to her, though there was clearly some curiosity to why the female approached them. Isley was wagging her tail and offering a friendly stance so Palisander mimicked the same stance. This tail was not wagging but he had a friendly disposition nevertheless.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
They stopped what they were doing, and though Aria couldn't really tell what was going on, she felt it was some harmless flirting. She smiled at the ginger female, her pale gaze flitting to the male. The woman had spoken to her, the man had merely stood by. She stepped closer, closing the large distance between them. "Hello," she returned, head cocking just barely. "Do you two live around here?" she then asked them, eyes glinting in the sun overhead. 
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
A glance showed her that Palisander was similar in stance to her, relaxed and maybe open, though Isley tended to be the more cautious of the two. Palisander was more laid back, a little self assured, and Isley was envious frequently of the way that the male was so quick to just...settle. Take it in stride. The pale female stepped closer and Isley didn't shift her position at all, waiting to see how she behaved and what she was wanting. 

"Not exactly." Isley admitted. "We roam." Do as they pleased, saw what they wanted to. They didn't have to answer to anyone but themselves and it would do well for themselves until they found what they were looking for. It was hard to see when that might be or guess what might happen. 
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander looked over the female that stepped closer towards them. Isley answered her question for them, however the male felt like it could be continued upon. "However we are looking for a pack that would fit us both," he spoke. His tone rather relaxed. Even though he was laid back finding a pack was not the easiest task at times. Most had their own families or wouldn't have room for two new wolves.

"How about you then? Do you live here?," he asked curiously, if she got to ask questions then they would be allowed to have some questions themselves too.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Aria shook her head. "I'm from up north-- I'm looking for a place to settle with a close friend," she said, eyeing the two. "We lead together, but we'll need wolves in our ranks," she adds, a small smile lighting up her pale but pretty features. It was an invitation, but they could do what they wanted with it.

"I'm Aria January, I currently lead a pack of healers on the coast," she added, pale gaze searching them again.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Palisander was more forthcoming, which wasn't surprising to her in the slightest bit. Maybe Palisander's family hadn't been like hers - maybe there was better in their world. For Isley it had been a paranoid mother who had shown her interests more in poison than repair, although the other wolves of Awenasa had not been like that. Still, it burned Isley up, those deep seated fears and the paranoia that had lasted for far too long. 

"If you already lead a pack, why leave those wolves?" Isley asked curiously, it sounded as if they were looking for something new entirely, not to just move their wolves to a new home. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
The male found it more than reasonable for him to ask about this female too, and her life. She even complied and returned his question. A pack of healer? That sounded interesting! Isley liked plants, perhaps she liked healing too! Palisander rather liked to sing and entertain, though he liked his fair share of beautiful flowers too.

Isley asked a valid question. "I stand by that question," he spoke. If she wanted to recruit wolves but leaving another pack as a leading figure how could they be certain that she wouldn't leave again.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Aria smiled, but it was pained. "Our alpha and founder died not too long ago... I was his right hand. The pack belongs rightfully to his children, and his daughters come of age soon. I am handing the pack to them, they are born leaders," she explains. Though she isn't thrilled about the situation, she knows that Donnelaith will always be the pack of witches... she is no witch. Deirdre and Emaleth are better suited for it.

"I was merely filling in, I will lead my own pack as soon as they are ready to take the reigns."
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Isley pursed her lips a bit when Aria admitted she was a mere placeholder. It wasn't really much to invoke faith in the process - to have an Alpha willing to give it away did not inspire much faith in her. Isley was paranoid, and she was willing to admit such a thing, and she glanced over to see Palisander's reaction. "It is unfortunate you would leave a place you love, then." Isley offered quietly - she couldn't say what might make her leave a place she loved - but then, hadn't she done that with Palisander?

She might have blushed, was she so not focused on the task at hand. "Have you looked many places?"
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander looked over the female. He could see why she was an alpha, it was just unfortunate that she only got to lead before she was replaced. It sounded rather disrespectful. The male nodded in agreement that it was only normal that she would seek to find another pack. He understood now. Isley answered for him and also asked another question. The male sat down where he stood before, ready to listen. For now he did not have any other questions really. Maybe they could join her in her quest but then again, she was not done leading yet, and they didn't want to wait that long to settle, at least Palisander didn't want to wait that long. He kind of longed to be in a pack once more.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
The pale queen shook her head, her gaze traveling past the two for a moment before returning back. "It's a shame," she agreed, "But the atmosphere had changed when I first joined, and I needed something of my own anyway-- it will always belong to his family," she added, a small smile drifting on her face. Of her own, she longed for her own. 

"We wanted to stay near, but the West seems somewhat crowded. Constantine-- my right-hand-- won't like it, but I fear we'll have to move further East," she then explained, tail waving. When the man sits, she follows suit, feeling comfortable with the two.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Palisander reclined and for a moment Isley watched the male, finally snapping her eyes back to Aria as she spoke. They wanted to stay close - but then they would compete for resources in that way and it was almost more complicated to try and stay so close to another pack. No matter how friendly they were eventually when winter came and their numbers started to swell they would fight for the resources - or worse, if one declined and the other succeeded then what? They become reabsorbed? "There are many suitable lands that direction," Isley intoned. They had seen many as they cut across the lands, but, so far nothing here had overly impressed her. 

The Sweep they stood in was perhaps the most suitable to her, but, it was not for everyone to live in such an area. "The lands are established around mountains, plenty of waterways cut through them. It makes for very fertile grounds, no doubt full of prey as well. Perhaps more distance would not be a bad thing between your claim and their pack - it might be good to have the benefit of varied lands between you." She suggested, attempting to be helpful.

91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander had to agree that the lands on the East were not that bad, plus it seemed that more were settling here instead of all the way to the east. Isley informed the female about those lands it seemed. Though he would not like it for them to take their meadow, then they would never be able to visit it. Or perhaps Isley would then like to join them? He was curious to see. "I agree," he spoke to the pale female.

"You rather want to go further away so you have more hunting ground for your own pack. Neighbors aren't always that nice," he pointed out, some pack wars could start, and who knows what else. Palisander quirked up his lips. They were looking still for that one pack that would fit them.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
The two give her advice, and she nods slowly-- somewhat surprised that they were so kind as to offer anything to you. "You're right," she said, dipping her head. "I don't mind going further-- really I'd prefer it-- but I worry for my companion. His sisters are in our pack and he will not be keen on going so far from them... They are adults, though, they can handle themselves," she added, smiling. They surely could understand that worry-- even if they hadn't ever experienced it first hand. 

"Do either of you know where you're headed, exactly?" she then asked them, tilting her head. She knew they were looking for somewhere to settle, but she couldn't remember if they were merely wandering or had some sort of destination in mind. 
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
"Age doesn't promise stability," Isley mused, more of a hint of amusement to her voice than anything. Her mother was an adult but Isley wouldn't have trusted Tiva to lead anything no matter how good her intentions might have been. It wasn't to make Aria feel bad or doubt her choices but to offer another perspective. "Still, even with the best of intentions if areas get crowded it can provide even more troubles - it runs the risk of false expectations." Isley could see where things could be too complicated - if one's hunting grounds started to suffer the expectation of shared resources could endanger both. 

To the question she looked over at Palisander. "We don't have a goal, yet, other than finding a place that suits us both." It was hard to imagine just what might be the perfect mesh between both their expectations but she had hope still. 

91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander smiled back at Isley. "Exactly what she said," he repeated. They were looking for a home that would fit them both. Palisander was curious to see what kind of pack that would be. However the male was very open as long as they would find a pack together. He didn't feel like advising the pale female too much. If she had a co alpha that didn't want to move they could only advise so much. It was really up to them to decide where to settle.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
"What fits you?" Aria decided to ask, her head tilting. She wasn't sure that she and Constantine would fit these two, but it didn't hurt to ask. Her pale gaze searched the two, looking for something to give her any sort of indication of, well, anything. Were these two partners? Siblings? She couldn't tell, they were at least companions.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
What a question to ask. Isley wasn't sure what to say, exactly, what to bring into light for a proper home might feel like. "Somewhere with foliage - with wolves that are not just banded together, but choose to be." She said, looking at Palisander for his input too. "Something a little wild, where it is encouraged to grow together." What that meant for her companion and herself, she wasn't sure yet - but she had a feeling that they would wander more to find it. 

91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander could only agree to Isley's words. He looked at her to the side and smiled. "Yeah. Like one big family," he added. He liked that idea. He didn't like a serious pack. He would want wolves he could see has his brothers. Well except for Isley because he was never going to see her as a sister. He smiled at her because she formulated what they both wanted so well. She really had a gift for those things.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
She smiled at the two, nodding a bit and gazing off. "That sounds nice, I need a bigger family," she commented quietly, her tail waving. Her ears pricked as she heard Constatine's voice in the distance, her body moving upright and her nose twitching. "My partner is calling for me," she explained briefly, giving the two a smile. "I will see you both again, I'm sure, good luck in your travels, I hope you find a home," she said, and dipped her head.

After exchanging a goodbye with the two, the pale girl trotted towards Constantine, her white gaze searching for him quickly as she went.