Otter Creek Goodbye, Cruel World.
I promised I'd always help you, and I always will.
144 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Backdated to somewhere around a month ago.

Harley had been out on one of his runs for @Althaia, getting her herbs to make her feel better and maybe even a bit of prey, but something else seemed determined to keep him from his family: on the very first day the hybrid struck out, he ran into a pair of moose that were none too happy with his presence. The milk colored man had been paying more attention to herb hunting to notice them until they bore down upon him, pummeling him with their hooves and shoving him around. Fear gripped him first: His last thoughts were of his mate and unborn children, of the family he wouldn't ever meet. He'd failed to find his mother, but his only solace was that he had not failed in his overall dreams: he'd learned the way his mother lived, and now fully understood why she hadn't wanted him to live this life: Living among wolves in the wilds had been the most exciting time of his life, and the most fulfilling-he never once regretted his decision to leave the farm- but it'd also been heartbreaking and harsh. Harley's mother had done them all a great favor, leaving them to be raised in the comfort and safety of wherever their father could take them.... No longer did he feel any anger towards her. His last moments were joyous, knowing that his children would be raised by the best mother he ever could have found for them, and even though he would not ever get to experience the ups and downs of parenthood, would never again feel his wife in his embrace, he knew that his children would fare much better.
With a final, echoing kick to his head, fully at peace with death, Harley Quinzel's world went black as he pictured his happy family.