Larksong Grotto Sorry That Took So Long
Sister
Though she be old, she is fearless.
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Nova, one day about a month back, had a strange feeling in her chest. At first, she'd been worried about sickness, her age: the elder didn't hesitate on sending @Hiram a howl letting him know she would soon return and striding from the borders. As she'd known it would be, getting out of the grotto itself was a task, thanks to the deal the famine did on her once so strong body. Once she had, though, even panting harshly, she'd struck out in the direction she was pulled despite the loosening of her chest. Perhaps she'd only needed a walk to get her breathing better, then? In a state of confusion, the scent hit her: Grace. It was in that very moment that Nova Rose knew why she was out here, no doubt at all that her mind was playing tricks on her. Her dearest daughter, the only being she could really consider loyal to her and also the only one she gave her own loyalty to above Hiram and even Raas himself. It was He, however, who'd led her out here, pushed her out of the borders and towards the mountains below. Raas knew that her little girl needed her, and that she needed to go, the Cardinal would understand. She would, of course, return.

The golden woman found her daughter in a state of panic, of near ghostliness, but upon meeting gazes all of it vanished. After a touching reunion and the russet girls explanation, the two eventually decided to stay together a few nights, enjoy each others company and learning from one another like the days in Marauders Keep. Grace told her of her guilt for abandoning the Keep, Tavi's disappearance, Stark's reign, her joining-and running from- Redhawk Caldera: Nova felt fear grip her heart. What if Tavi had come looking for HER? Even though Grace explained what she knew of the fight, the alpha females mental state, Nova worried.
Other than that, the two had an uneventful two weeks to each other before Grace came to terms with the fact that she had to go back. Worn and tired as she was, it took a few days more than expected to get home, but eventually here she was, looking down on her home with a grin wrought across her blackened, scarred face. Closing her icy eyes and breathing a sigh of relief up to the sun, the elder wasn't shy in speaking her praise to the God she worshipped.
                           "Raas, you took me to my daughter and allowed me to help her, and then you brought me right back home without incident: surely, you are great."
The golden draped Nova loped forward slowly, hurting from her journey but filled with great happiness and thrilled to be back. She howled once again to her Cardinal in greeting, tail wagging as she crossed the borders into Larksong Grotto. Hopefully, he wouldn't be cross with her; of all people, the golden woman assumed he would know the need to be with your child.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
There was a voice. One of which Hiram hadn't heard for quite some time. Not since he had gone to fetch his daughters from the creek. The old woman had made his journey to the south possible, and for that the Cardinal was truly grateful. Her unspoken departure, while it had been while he was away, saddened Hiram deeply. She had not seemed the type to abandon the faith so easily, so the Cardinal worried for the safety of his wayward sheep. However, the sound of her return was triumphant and it spurred a joyous smile from the Cardinal.

The Lord had led his sheep home.

He rose from where he had come to rest and had to cut the game he played with his daughters short. He hoped they would understand and know that he would be back to finish as soon as he could. Planting an affectionate lick on each girl's head, Hiram set his course toward the border.

"Sister," spoke the Cardial as soon as he laid his gaze upon the woman. "The Lord has led you home." His smile was one of relief and his gaze was silently questioning.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
She'd only just crossed the scented border when the Cardinal's scent overcame her, and her tail wagged wildly behind her as the scrawny black form of the man came into view. Nova halted and waited for him to come to her: he, too, praised their Lord for bringing her home, and the elder nodded. 
                 "Yes, Cardinal: He called me out when Grace needed me, led me to her with His light, and then brought me back home without problem. I'm sorry I couldn't have given you more of a warning, Hiram, but my daughter needed me." 
She was easy to give him her explanation without being asked, knowing that he would understand. Not long ago he'd taken his own leave of absence to retrieve his daughters-one of which Nova had met. She smiled joyously at him, settling back on her haunches to talk.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
She needed no further prompting. His questioning glance was merely enough for her to begin explaining her keenly felt absence. Nodding at the appropriate moments, Hiram listened to her brief testament of the Lord's will. If she had been truly called by God, who was he to deny her the right to follow the light of the Daystar? He was an understanding Cardinal: firm, yet compassionate to his congregation.

Nevertheless, when she mentioned her daughter's need for Nova's companionship, it struck a personal chord within Hiram. He understood, knowing that he would move mountains for his own daughters if need be. In fact, he had already traveled half-way across the world to find them with little more than a vague direction.

As she settled to her haunches, Hiram shifted his gaze downward and smiled. "Family is the most important thing we have, Nova. Cherish the time you spend with her," he spoke. Nova, of course, already knew this as all parents do -- but Hiram was feeling sentimental, and she would not be spared from his sappyness.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Just as she'd suspected, the Cardinal was pleased with her answer and did not scold her. In fact, he smiled, and went on to praise family, encouraging her to spend time with Grace despite the fact that she was a heathen. The yearling respected Nova's decision, but not much had been said between them of the religion. 

Agreeing with Hiram completely, a solemn mask overtook her darkened face. She would miss her daughter greatly, but understood her reasonings. Tears glistened in her icy eyes, and they soaked her cheeks. 

"You are very right, Hiram. I just hope this is not the last time I see her: she's either going to the Caldera, or going West to explore the lands past the Moonspear range. She hopes to find a family - and I wish her all the best, even though it saddens me she is not close."
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Hiram smiled, knowing fully the joy of being a parent. He loved his daughters more than life itself. Being a parent herself, Hiram believed that Nova must have felt the same way. Hiram said nothing, yet there was a silent understanding between the two to be shared.

"Come Sister," he then spoke. "Let's go home." With that, Hiram turned his back to the border to lead Nova forward toward the lake.