The Heartwood How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
Darkness exists to make light truly count
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Odie found herself exploring farther out today than she normally did.  She had woke set out early today with an urge for some exploration.  So now Odette was here in the late afternoon hours, with a bunch of berry bushes surrounding her.

She yelped as her paw struck a thorn.

Swiftly she yank up her paw and began to pull on the thorn with her teeth.  It took a painful five minutes, but finally it came out.  She then gave her paw a few good licks to help clean it and after that proceeded through the thorny area.

As she continued through the place she found herself wondering if her parents had ever walked through this area.    It wasn't for much of any reason really, she was just merely curious.  She smiled as she imagined her Mother and Father walking through this area, although of course the image of her Father was very blurred as she didn't remember what he looked like.  She imagined them leaning close to each other, tails romantically entwined.

Of course she knew that this was just her imagination, but it was still a lovely thought to think of.

in the name of love
34 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Hope you don't mind me joining!

There wasn't much on the female's mind as she swayed through the thorny bushes, carefully making sure to avoid their painful sting. While she was blessed with curves that made it easy to weave throughout the brush, her green eyed companion was not so fortunate. Jilaiya glanced over her shoulder just in time to catch the irritation on Amaimon's face and even though she found the situation quite amusing she didn't want to cause her guard anymore pain than necessary. 

As as the two made their way through the tangled shrubbery, the pale girl kept an eye out for a clearing, but what she found instead was much for interesting. A young female that appeared to be lost in her own thoughts had caught Jilaiya's attention, even more so due to the fact that the young girl looked hauntingly similar to her companion. "Look Amaimon, she's like a miniature you" she teased which earned her a snort from the brutish male. 

Fiery orbs studied the youthful girl for a few more minutes before the ghostly female decided to approach the young stranger. "Hey" she called out as a greeting, her tail swaying softly behind her to the let the exploring teen know she meant no harm.
no one is too old for fairytales 

334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
For a while longer she explored alone, winds ruffling her pelt as she trekked onward, when suddenly she froze as pawsteps sounded behind her.

A greeting rang out to her and she soon caught sight of the one who had called out to her.  At first she wasn't really sure to do, but then a little nervously her body began to tremble a little bit as if on cue, and she foun herself at lost for words for a few moments.

"W-who are y-you."  She ventually stuttered out, with a fearful gaze.  While the female didn't look harmful she could never really be sure.  The wolves at Silvertip Mountain had been nice and yet they had done horrible things... terrible things that would never leave her mind.

So she had her reasons.

in the name of love
34 Posts
Ooc — Kara
It was perhaps foolish to approach so suddenly, but Jilaiya had not seen anyone other than Amaimon for many moons and just the thought of talking to someone else put a spring in her step. It was only when she saw the young girl tremble did she slow down and think about the best way to introduce herself.

"I'm Jilaiya" she spoke softly as if her words could shatter the young girl. "And that is Amaimon" she said, using her muzzle to point to the beastly male who was currently stuffing his face with berries. "What's your name" she asked, her typical goofy grin spread wide across her maw while she waited patiently for any type of answer.

334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Odie's trembling ceased ot an end, but she still found herself unsure and wary of these wolves.  Jilaiya and Amaimon as they called themselves.  She was asked for her name too, and for a moment she found herself a little bit hesitant, but finally decided it wouldn't be all too harmful to tell them.

"I'm Odette or Odie for short."  She replied in a slightly nervous tone to the female who called herself Jilaiya.  "Are you two from a pack around here?"  She then asked a little bit curiously.  Perhaps they were from Moonspear too just like Charon!  Probably not though because they didn't have that... that smell.

in the name of love
34 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Jilaiya, who was focused on the young girl did not fail to notice the hesitation before she introduced her name. The pale girl couldn't help but wonder what had happened to her that made her so hesitant and frightened. What could be so painful that she trembled at the sight of others? Jilaiya wanted to ask, wanted to show she cared even if she was just a stranger, but it was not her place. "Odette" she said, testing the girl's foreign name on her tongue. "Pretty name" she finally declared and flashed the girl an affectionate but quick smile. 

The next question instantly made the pale female think of home. "No, I'm afraid not. We're actually trying to find the ocean but unfortunately neither of us are very good with directions" she said as a giggle bubbled out. It was true, Jilaiya was naturally good at many things but she had an absolutely terrible sense of direction and sadly so did Amaimon.

334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Jilaiya complemented her name, then went on to say that they were looking for the ocean, but neither of them were good with directions.  She gave them both a small nod of understanding.  Made sense.  Still she had no idea where they could find an ocean, so she probably wouldn't be much use to them.

"Sorry, I don't know where the ocean is but back where I live at Broken Antler Fen, its full of fens, so you get swimming, fishing and all of that fun stuff."  She told them, before shooting them a curious question.  "Why are you looking for the ocean though?"

in the name of love
34 Posts
Ooc — Kara
It was a shame the girl didn't know where the ocean was, it certainly would have helped the pair find their destination. Then again they probably would have gotten lost anyways. The pale female listened as Odie went on to explain about where she lived, and Jilaiya made a mental note of this Broken Antler Fen place. 

When the young girl asked why the duo was off on this adventure, Jilaiya's ears perked up with interest while the corner of her lips pulled into a smile. "I've heard stories of the ocean's unimaginable beauty and I enjoy going places I've never been before, so I figured why not take a trip to the sea." It was as simple as that, and yet it meant so much more to the pale female.

334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Jilaiya's explanation was a nice one.  Sweet and simple.  A part of her wished that she could go anywhere she wanted for the pure fun of it, yet winter was approaching and so were Pearl's pups.  The one's that she would be help out with, her siblings.  The thought of siblings made her think back with a near frown.  She had lost so many siblings so far.  June was dead and so was Solemn.  Mason had disapeared after his sister's death and Stoic... well she had no clue where he was.  Then there was Adeline who she also had no idea of where she was.

She turned her attention quickly back to Jilaiya.

"Sounds fun... must be to explore new places anyways."  She remarked, offering Jilaiya a small smile.  "What made you interested in exploring though?"  Odie curiously asked, observing the two.  "And is it his dream to also go see the ocean?"

in the name of love
34 Posts
Ooc — Kara
The pale beauty's smile only widened when Odette went on to ask more questions, particularly the one about why she enjoyed traveling. "It's even more fun with friends. You should come with us sometime, it's good to get away every now and then and just go on an adventure." The offer was on the table, all Odie had to do was reach out and grab it. 

"Wanderlust has always been in my blood I suppose, even as a wee pup I would wander away and get lost" the memories of her younger adventures never ceased to put a smile on Jilaiya's face. When asked about Amaimon the pale female did her best to think of an answer but nothing came to mind. "Don't really know, he don't talk much."

334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
While Jilaiya was nice and all, she wasn't ready to go head off with someone she just meet, so she just shook her head, declining the offer.  "I'm sorry while it sounds fun, I have a home back at the Fen."  Everything else that Jilaiya spoke of though was fine by her, nothing else that she said made her uncomfortable or anything.  Although she did find it a little disappointing that Jilaiya said she didn't know whether or not Amaimon wanted to see the ocean.  Shouldn't she know if they were travelling together?

With a glance at the sky she noticed that it was getting a little late, probably time for her to start heading back to the Fen.  "It was a pleasure to meet you Jilaiya and you Amaimon but I should probably be getting back to the Fen before night falls."  She told them both with an apologetic look on her face.  "I wish you both luck though."  Then she started to turn to leave.
in the name of love
34 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Jilaiya smiled even though her invitation had been denied and said her farewell to Odie. She watched as the girl faded off into the distance and after snatching up a few berries for a snack, the pale girl herself was well on her way. Her and Amaimon would need to find some shelter for the night and then be off in the morning, hopefully heading in the direction of the sea.