Horizon Ridge Dusky Dawn and Furry Paws
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
@Pump

Thistle Cloud woke with a heave that roiled her stomach and shook her entire body. With a yelp she ran from the den, and towards the forest as fast as she could go. Saliva was falling from her maw as quick as possible and her throat was constricting as she was fighting the heaves that her stomach was rumbling at her. Finally, realizing she could run no more and keep all her previous food down she heaved all over the ground. She groaned aloud as she covered up her stomach's contents.

She sat down and then lay her head on her paws and sighed a deep bone weary sigh. It was apparent now that she had conceived the one night in the forest and she sighed. She was neither excited nor scared, she was numb to the situation at the moment. She would have to tell Pump now and she had no idea what to tell the she-wolf or if she would even survive the telling. She sighed again and closed her eyes as she fought the urge to heave the rest of her stomach contents onto the cold hard ground.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
Pump had spotted bear footprints this morning, which meant that their closest neighbor had awoken and was walking around. Possibly hungry and very dangerous. She had followed his trail for a very long time and had stopped only, when she was sure, that the beast was quite far away from their lands. At that point she had turned around and padded back home.

The wolf-dog was passing through the part of forest, where most of the dens were located, when she caught sight of a familiar lithe figure sitting with hunched shoulders and looking miserable. "Thistle," she called out to the healer, as she approached her. "You are unwell," she concluded, when she caught scent of fresh vomit and saw, how bad the girl looked.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle being litheless did not see the bear tracks though normally she woud have. If she would have known there was a bear near she would have been very disgusted with herself for laying there prone like she was.

Thistle turned dull eyes towards her alpha cringing at what she was about to say, unsure how to precede she just decided to get it out there, but rather than get it out when she spoke it came out in a riddle and rushed. "yes Pump I am that's what happens when it's your first cycle, your scared you meet a male in the woods and wham 9 weeks later. She groaned at her own babbling and wondered if the leader would make sense of it, but before she could speak more she began to heave all over again only now that there was nothing left for her to puke up it was nothing more than dry heaves that hurt her ribs and sides and back.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
Thistle looked even worse, when Pump saw her up close, and out of instinct the wolf-dog stepped back. Whatever sickness the girl had, she had no desire to catch it herself. She had suffered from food poisoning, when she had eaten too much of sea-lion meat the first time. It had been very horrible and had made her spend many hours feeling ill and miserable.

She grimaced, when the girl managed to throw up again. Besides her babbling hadn't made any sense to her. She didn't know much about diseases, but the incoherent speech seemed to be another symptom. "Are you sick?" Pump finally asked for a lack of anything better to say.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle grimaced again and shook her head yes and then no. She was sick, but it was not catching unless pump had a male in the wings that none of them knew about. "I am sick yes but it will go away in a few weeks I am pregnant pump, pups are in my near distant future. I am sorry to have to.....gag.....tell you that like this and it was not my intention. After heaving she lay her head to the ground and whimpered but kept her ears erect wondering what the she wolf would do to her. Would she take her life here and now? Perhaps she would send her on her way....all of which did not help Thistle's current state of mind thinking of such terrible things.

After her panting had subsided and she managed to swallow a few time without heaving she spoke again. "I understand that I will be punished for this and I take full responsibility and will take the punishment. I ask that though i have no right too you perhaps not kill the pups? Thistle knew she was playing with fire by asking this, but she could not help it. Already she was thinking like a mother.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
Pump was a person, who preferred to form her ideas and intentions in simple words and short sentences. Her eloquent speeches were meant for testing the newcomers only. Therefore she found it hard to follow through, if the person spoke too much or too fast. As in this case with Thistle. But she got the most important parts out of it. Pregnant, puppies on the way, punishment.

She sat down and didn't say anything, looking down at the girl with a thoughtful and calculating gaze. There were several thoughts going through her mind. Pump recalled her life in the Bilberry hills and how they had dealt with the illegitimate litters. They were killed the moment they were born or exiled alongside with the parents. They had no right to live. They had no contribution to strengthening the bloodline.

And yet here she was, leading an unusual pack, which consisted of unrelated wolves, who had nothing in common and yet stuck together, forming bonds, friendships and being loyal. Did the rules of an average pack apply here? Were there any set rules to follow at all? She was puzzled, she was confused. And finally, she got to her feet. "Get up and follow me," she ordered.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle did not usually speak fast, but given the circumstances she had wanted to get all the words out. firstly before she continued to be sick all over her alpha and secondly because she was nervous and did not know what to do or how to say what she needed to so she felt it easier to just get the words all out.

Thistle was immediately put on edge when she saw the shrewd gaze she was given. It also made her wary that PUmp immediately sat down as if the words she had spoken were a blow to her. As the seconds ticked by Thistles heart began to plummet further and further so that it was not somewhere in the vicinity of her stomach.

Thistle cloud was confused, but she forced herself up on shaky legs and followed her leader at a smaller less even gait. She could not go to fast for fear of losing even more of her dinner. "I'm sorry. That was all she managed to say on a pant as she followed behind the leader.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
@Kennedy @Bjorn @Gavriil @Nuka @Sveið @Mowanza

Pump walked with her gaze fixed ahead - she had a set location in mind and a certain plan of what to do. Occasionally she would cast back a brief glance to see, whether Thistle was following or whether she had not fallen too far behind. But other than that - she said no word to her, feeling caught up in her thoughts too much.

The situation was extraordinary given the circumstances and Pump decided that if she was to shed blood then it wouldn't be her decision alone. No - Pump didn't want to foul her paws and bear the guilt on her own shoulders. It was not much of, what she had to say or do, but what others decided. Thistle's fate was not in her hands - it was in theirs. And if they decided to kill then it would be their shared responsibility.

Once they reached the stone circle, Pump left Thistle and hopped on the largest of the rocks, which stood a bit apart from the rest of the rock formation. She gave one last thoughtful look at the miserable girl and then lifted her head and howled, summoning all of the pack members to come and make a decision.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle was filled with dread with each step her body took behind the alpha. She walked in silence and in the silence she was prone to think. What was she to do. She began to worry to for Crete and his home. What if Pump and the others decided to hold him solely responsible and thus go after him and his pack, would they be alright her pack. Though she had made this mistake she loved her home and she loved her new found friends she did not wish to cause them any ill will.

They reached a stone circle somewhere that Thistle had not yet visited. She laid her ears onto her head and scrunched down, an extraordinary fear taking hold on her. She shivered slightly, but realizing that she was responsible she needed to take what was coming she strengthened her resolve. She pulled herself upright snapping her shoulders back and her eyes fixed straight ahead she sat down tall and erect. Though her stomach roiled and rolled and she wanted to heave vastly she did not. She cringed but only slightly when her leader called the rest of her pack and then she waited in the loud silence for the consequences to her actions. She would take it without fail.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Ragnar had been in the middle of his routinely sweep of the southern border when Pump’s howl had risen into the morning dawn, slicing through the serene silence that had enveloped the world around him. A pause was given, thoughtful as his Caribbean blue irises turned to the direction that the hybrid Alpha’s call had risen from. It had been a summons, for everyone and it had sounded relatively urgent. A quick glimpse was given to the territory beyond the borders, stretching vastly and enigmatically. Ragnar lifted his leg and strengthened the borders before with a flick of his tail he turned his back to them and lunged forth into the woodlands of the Ridge, his destination where Pump presently awaited them.

It had not taken the silver Viking too long to arrive on the scene and he slowed upon his approach, eyes taking in Pump first who was perched atop a boulder glimpsing down at the area she had chosen to have the meeting - for surely that’s what this was: a pack meeting. He would have claimed that he was the first to arrive which would have only been befitting of her future second command theoretically of course, but black, leathery nostrils twitched towards Thistle’s scent, rank with sick. He let his Caribbean blue eyes flicker from Pump to her then, taking in her stiff and tall posture. For a wordless moment he was reminded of a shield maiden facing her fate, strong, proud and unwilling to break even when others tried to bring her down.

It was true that Thistle looked a bit haggard, but Ragnar was quick to assume what was going on, if only because he had known before Pump about Thistle’s one night stand with a stranger. It began to make a conclusive sense within the Viking as he studied Thistle, understanding that she was pregnant though she was not yet showing, and that the purpose of this meeting was likely her fate. The savage glimpsed back up at Pump for a few thoughtful moments before he dipped his head and stood ready for the others to arrive, his mind working at what felt like a million miles a minute.

117 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Kennedy had been summoned, and although he was loathe to move from his spot on the soft grass, he did as he was ordered to do. His three-legged gait meant that he was slower than the rest, and yet he managed to arrive with only two others before him. Thistle Cloud and one whose name he could not recall were standing alongside Pump, and Edy stopped several yards away. He did not wish to be right up next to everybody, not now.

Pump stood atop a large rock, and Kennedy looked at her with dull eyes. His mood had not changed, and his fur remained thin and ragged along with his physique. He had not found purpose since the rockslide, and he was struggling to keep himself motivated to eat. The Razorback had all but given up on life.
<div><span style="color:#3ad483;">I</span><span style="color:#46da8c;"> </span><span style="color:#52e096;">h</span><span style="color:#5ee69f;">a</span><span style="color:#6beda8;">v</span><span style="color:#77f3b1;">e</span><span style="color:#83f9bb;"> </span><span style="color:#8fffc4;">a</span><span style="color:#80f6b4;"> </span><span style="color:#71eca3;">t</span><span style="color:#62e393;">h</span><span style="color:#52d983;">e</span><span style="color:#43d073;">o</span><span style="color:#34c662;">r</span><span style="color:#25bd52;">y</span><span style="color:#33c664;"> </span><span style="color:#41cf75;">t</span><span style="color:#4fd887;">h</span><span style="color:#5ee098;">a</span><span style="color:#6ce9aa;">t</span><span style="color:#7af2bb;"> </span><span style="color:#88fbcd;">s</span><span style="color:#7ffcca;">e</span><span style="color:#76fcc7;">l</span><span style="color:#6dfdc4;">f</span><span style="color:#65fdc0;">l</span><span style="color:#5cfebd;">e</span><span style="color:#53feba;">s</span><span style="color:#4affb7;">s</span><span style="color:#49ffba;">n</span><span style="color:#47ffbd;">e</span><span style="color:#46ffc0;">s</span><span style="color:#45ffc4;">s</span><span style="color:#44ffc7;"> </span><span style="color:#42ffca;">a</span><span style="color:#41ffcd;">n</span><span style="color:#40f9c2;">d</span><span style="color:#3ff3b8;"> </span><span style="color:#3eedad;">b</span><span style="color:#3de6a3;">r</span><span style="color:#3ce098;">a</span><span style="color:#3bda8e;">v</span><span style="color:#3ad483;">e</span><span style="color:#3ad688;">r</span><span style="color:#3ad88d;">y</span><span style="color:#3ada92;"> </span><span style="color:#3bdb97;">a</span><span style="color:#3bdd9c;">r</span><span style="color:#3bdfa1;">e</span><span style="color:#3be1a6;">n</span><span style="color:#33e5b1;">'</span><span style="color:#2aeabc;">t</span><span style="color:#22eec7;"> </span><span style="color:#19f2d3;">a</span><span style="color:#11f6de;">l</span><span style="color:#08fbe9;">l</span><span style="color:#00fff4;"> </span><span style="color:#08f9e4;">t</span><span style="color:#11f3d4;">h</span><span style="color:#19edc4;">a</span><span style="color:#21e6b3;">t</span><span style="color:#29e0a3;"> </span><span style="color:#32da93;">d</span><span style="color:#3ad483;">i</span><span style="color:#4cda95;">f</span><span style="color:#5de0a6;">f</span><span style="color:#6fe6b8;">e</span><span style="color:#80edca;">r</span><span style="color:#92f3dc;">e</span><span style="color:#a3f9ed;">n</span><span style="color:#b5ffff;">t</span></div>
140 Posts
Ooc — Paige
It had been a few days since he had spoken to any of his packmates so when he heard Pump's call for a gathering the male trotted along happily. He was excited to see all his packmates in one area. It would be refreshing to gaze at all their faces and speak about whatever it was that Pump had on her mind. 

Gavriil walked out of the trees and slowly gaze upon all his pack mates. Pump upon the largest rock of the clearing, next Thistle with her head high in an almost defiant way. His friend Ragnar, his presence filling the circle of rocks. Then Kennedy staying a few yards back from everyone else. Gavriil took his spot next to Ragnar staying just a few feet away from him but gazing up at Pump her figure looking daunting upon the highest rock.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: for the sake of the plot I hope we can do this in two or three quick rounds.

It didn't take long for the most part of their small pack arrive to the place. Bjorn, Kennedy and Gavriil - all of the people she respected and because of whom they were still thriving here. She might not have learned to trust them fully yet and still she didn't want to make a decision without hearing them out first. Whether Thistle would be allowed to keep the children or not would affect them all. Pump waited a little more, expecting to see Nuka too, but the she-wolf made no appearance.

"A mere moments ago I was put in a very curious situation," Pump began and lied down. "You see, Thistle here," she beckoned to the young girl, who stood not far from her, "told me... that she was expecting." Her thoughtful gaze lingered at the girl and then turned to briefly meet each of the male's eyes. "And judging by your expressions none of you is to blame for that," this was added with a light touch of good humor.

"In a regular pack the fate of her children would be certain," she went on. "Children, who do not share the alpha bloodline, are killed - and this has been my solid belief all my life," Pump paused wanting to see if anyone had anything to add here, because this rule with veryh few exceptions was the same everywhere. "However, Horizon ridge is not a regular pack - we are not related to each other and still we have managed to survive so far," she had a little worry about Kennedy though, since he still looked very bad.

"The decision is only mine to make, however, I think it is only fair to hear you out first," Pump addressTed them all. "If you were in my place, what your decision would be and why?" she asked them and then turned to the young girl: "Thistle, this applies to you too."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle was disappointed when the elder she wolf Nuka did not show and it hurt a little more than she cared to admit,but the other was still dealing with loss herself so it was only fair that she give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she just couldn't make it.

Thistle cringed at the offhand way that Pump spoke about her discretion with Crete of the Plateau. It had been a dalliance she did not and would not regret and she did care for him in only the way a first could be cared for.

Thistle shifted her weight but lifted her head to let her gaze linger on each of the males again and they lingered longer on Ragnar as he and he alone had guessed the truth of the situation days before this. And he alone was her only support system at the moment unless the other's took her side as well.

Thistle spoke quietly but her voice reached all around "I am a bleeding heart Pump, so perhaps my decision would not be best I am also incredibly bias in this situation. So rather than give you a decision that I would make how about I give you a plea? I am more than willing to take whatever punishment i deserve whether it be a flogging or banishment or death what have you, but I do ask that you think of the pups and how they could be a future for the pack even if I am not available to care for them barring on your decision. I care for all of you and would like very much to raise these pups myself among you, I think they would be a benefit to all of us and we to them, but again I will take what is doled to me. With that she fell silent and blinking back the tears adn swallowing past the lump of fear that had lodged in her throat she waited for what the others would say.
<div><span style="color:#3ad483;">I</span><span style="color:#46da8c;"> </span><span style="color:#52e096;">h</span><span style="color:#5ee69f;">a</span><span style="color:#6beda8;">v</span><span style="color:#77f3b1;">e</span><span style="color:#83f9bb;"> </span><span style="color:#8fffc4;">a</span><span style="color:#80f6b4;"> </span><span style="color:#71eca3;">t</span><span style="color:#62e393;">h</span><span style="color:#52d983;">e</span><span style="color:#43d073;">o</span><span style="color:#34c662;">r</span><span style="color:#25bd52;">y</span><span style="color:#33c664;"> </span><span style="color:#41cf75;">t</span><span style="color:#4fd887;">h</span><span style="color:#5ee098;">a</span><span style="color:#6ce9aa;">t</span><span style="color:#7af2bb;"> </span><span style="color:#88fbcd;">s</span><span style="color:#7ffcca;">e</span><span style="color:#76fcc7;">l</span><span style="color:#6dfdc4;">f</span><span style="color:#65fdc0;">l</span><span style="color:#5cfebd;">e</span><span style="color:#53feba;">s</span><span style="color:#4affb7;">s</span><span style="color:#49ffba;">n</span><span style="color:#47ffbd;">e</span><span style="color:#46ffc0;">s</span><span style="color:#45ffc4;">s</span><span style="color:#44ffc7;"> </span><span style="color:#42ffca;">a</span><span style="color:#41ffcd;">n</span><span style="color:#40f9c2;">d</span><span style="color:#3ff3b8;"> </span><span style="color:#3eedad;">b</span><span style="color:#3de6a3;">r</span><span style="color:#3ce098;">a</span><span style="color:#3bda8e;">v</span><span style="color:#3ad483;">e</span><span style="color:#3ad688;">r</span><span style="color:#3ad88d;">y</span><span style="color:#3ada92;"> </span><span style="color:#3bdb97;">a</span><span style="color:#3bdd9c;">r</span><span style="color:#3bdfa1;">e</span><span style="color:#3be1a6;">n</span><span style="color:#33e5b1;">'</span><span style="color:#2aeabc;">t</span><span style="color:#22eec7;"> </span><span style="color:#19f2d3;">a</span><span style="color:#11f6de;">l</span><span style="color:#08fbe9;">l</span><span style="color:#00fff4;"> </span><span style="color:#08f9e4;">t</span><span style="color:#11f3d4;">h</span><span style="color:#19edc4;">a</span><span style="color:#21e6b3;">t</span><span style="color:#29e0a3;"> </span><span style="color:#32da93;">d</span><span style="color:#3ad483;">i</span><span style="color:#4cda95;">f</span><span style="color:#5de0a6;">f</span><span style="color:#6fe6b8;">e</span><span style="color:#80edca;">r</span><span style="color:#92f3dc;">e</span><span style="color:#a3f9ed;">n</span><span style="color:#b5ffff;">t</span></div>
140 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Gavriil understood both sides of the argument. To kill the pups or not. That is the question. The male stayed silent until after Thistle finished her plea. The pack was small as is, having a few more bodies wouldn't be such a bad idea. While they would have to feed the, and care for them for the first few months but soon the pups would be able bodied. An asset tot he pack. With Thistle's plea they would raise the pups as a pack. Everyone would join in and help. Which Gavriil had no problem with, but he wondered how his fellow male packmates felt about this proposal. 

After a few moments of silence Gavriil spoke up "Having a few extra wolves around wouldn't be a bad thing. While they will be a large weight to carry for a few months soon they would be an asset. More warriors, more hunters, more...healers." Gavriil noted turning his head to Thistle during the final addition of duties. 
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Editing this a bit for obvious reasons.

Few others joined but Ragnar paid them no mind, his gaze in a knowing manner, flickering between Pump and Thistle, having made a rough, though accurate conclusion. Pump spoke then after everyone who was going to come appeared, confirming what the Viking had suspected. Thistle was pregnant from her tryst with the faceless Plateau wolf, though it came as something of a surprise to Ragnar that he had known of it before even Pump herself. The aspiring Beta to be did not let this on, however, morphing his scarred face into contemplative surprise though it was no surprise to him at all. His eyes moved back to Thistle, despite that Pump continued to speak, meeting her gaze across the distance, only looking away and back to Pump when she spoke about the fate of the children would be death in a “regular” pack. Ragnar, silently, disagreed with that for their opinions of a “regular” pack differed rather vastly. Odinn’s Cove had allowed any who wished to breed the ability to do so, and illegitimate children were not uncommon, especially among the slave girls who often had pups to the men that would claim them during their seasons. Even they had been allowed to live, albeit as slaves most of the time, yet still. The ruthless Vikings were not as cruel on the subject of non leader puppies.

Ragnar’s expression darkened at the thought of the pups lives being ended, at the thought of Thistle’s life being ended. It was not a question that he had grown to care for the fawn shield-maiden during their time spent together which had been much when she had been tending to his wound. Pump ceased talking, speaking of wishing to hear what they had to say, and it was Thistle that spoke first, relinquishing her chance to speak her opinion in turn of a plea. He itched to interrupt her, to silence her from her willingness to take the full brunt of punishment for her actions but bit his tongue allowing her to finish, only having to wait with slight impatience as Gavriil beat him to the punch by speaking before Ragnar could part his jaws.

A storm raged in the Viking’s eyes as if it were created by Thor himself, as he fixed his gaze upon Pump. “It was never a custom in Odinn’s Cove to kill children, even before I was Jarl,” He told her simply before he took a breath and continued with, “This isn’t a delicate matter, I am not arguing that. However, the children growing within her will be young and strong. They will be able to contribute to Horizon Ridge. It would be in our best interest given how small we are, to let them live,” He glimpsed around at the others before his eyes fell back upon Pump. “And in regards to Thistle’s punishment, you cannot kill her, or even banish her without killing or giving up the children. They could not survive without her milk.” Sure, Pump was a female but her body would not have been producing milk to give to the children, and if she had never had children of her own it seemed unlikely to Ragnar that her body would realistically produce it regardless. And, frankly Ragnar would not stay if they chased Thistle out and sure as the life blood that surged through his body that he would not idly stand by if they decided to kill her.

She was his wife now. Her life, and the life of the children of Crete's loins and perhaps, even, his own were his to protect.

“I think the male should be punished for it. Why should Thistle bear it alone? It takes two to procreate. For all we know he took advantage of her." never mind that he was likely shoving a foot up his own arse Of course Ragnar knew that was not the case he had to try it just in case, and further he spoke. “I am willing to go and find him.” And possibly kill him if he was to be found; Ragnar volunteered before he fell silent once more, waiting for whatever was to come next.

117 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sorry for the wait!

As Pump spoke, Kennedy continued to sulk. Perhaps his mood might have changed if they had been his own children, but they were not. Yet again, he was left with a feeling of jealousy and resentment toward his pack-mates. The others voiced their opinions, and it seemed the popular one was to let her keep the children. Why was everybody okay with this, though? Illegitimate children were not something Kennedy thought should be voted upon. It was the way of the wild for them to be killed, and yet Pump decided she would rather hear others speak than make her own choice.

But Kennedy spoke none of these concerns. He remained silent, seething, unwilling to cast out his unpopular opinion among them, lest he seem even more like an outcast. His skeleton-like figure remained on the outskirts of the gathering.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
Pump listened carefully to every word her pack mates had to say. She frowned, when Thistle and Bjorn so readily assumed that one of the options were to kill the healer right there and then. The wolf-dog was no fool, she knew, how valuable the girl was to them all and, how she had earned both her place and rank here. It hurt a bit that they thought of their leader as a ruthless killer, who cared only about the rules and nothing else. She would not let it pass though.

Gavriil didn't speak much, but what he said was wise and convincing. They weren't going to have children this year, because neither did Pump have a mate, nor did she have any desire for raising her own kids. They were a lot of trouble and could bring nothing but heartbreak, if they died young. She had seen, how a parent changed, if their kid passed away before him or her, she didn't wish any of that. This probably was a way around the rules.

Kennedy didn't say anything - either he had nothing to say or his opinion differed from the rest of the folk. Her gaze lingered at him expectantly, waiting for him to utter out a something, but after a while it was clear that he was not going to join the round-table discussion.

"Very well... I have heard your opinions," Pump began slowly, still thinking matters over. "Thistle, Bjorn - I have to say that I am a bit disappointed in you for thinking that my intention was to kill our healer. I hope that in the future before making any assumptions about my actions you will ask me first," she was not the kindest person in the lot, they may not know her that well, but she didn't feel like she deserved that kind of judgement.

"Bjorn, I respect your input about your former home, however, I was raised differently and I intend to implement similar rules here," she said. If every female and male in this pack were allowed to mate and bring back their children, they would run out of resources very soon. They couldn't sustain too many and Pump was not goint to let that happen. "But before I do that - Thistle - you did a lot of work to help us all after the rockslide. I am indebted to you and, since I don't like to owe anyone anything, I grant the permission for your children to live and grow up, once they are born. We are clear from this point on."

This decision didn't come easy for her, it run against all of her better instincts and she was determined never to get in that kind of situation again. "However - don't forget that this is a privilege. I will have no tolerance to bastard children in the future - play this game again and there will be no voting - I will kill them all. Life is a precious gift - it should never be wasted because of someone's irresponsible decisions," as she spoke, her stern gaze was fixed on Thistle. Pump meant every single word she had said.

"You also seem to be very keen on having a punishment," she went on. "So be it... Your kids won't belong to you, but to every single wolf, who spoke up for you today. Meaning that if you ever desire to leave, they will have to stay, until they are two years of age. They will be born without a name and will stay that way, until they earn it with a hard work and dedication," a name was a defining trait, another privilege that should not be given, but earned. She had succeeded in doing that at her old pack, so why shouldn't others be able to do that too.

"I don't require those, who have a different mind about my decision to take care of the kids, yet your duty will be to keep them out of harms way," she now spoke to the rest of the folk. "Those, who approved - myself included, will take care of Thistle and will help in raising the kids so they become a valuable asset to the pack," she finished her long speech and sighed. Then she remembered one more thing: "Bjorn - your help in finding the guilty party won't be neccessary. I and Thistle will handle it ourselves."

And another: "If anyone has anything to say about the matter - speak out now. If not - you are dismissed."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle gazed at her leader and though she felt guilty at the leaders words about having thinking that she would kill her, but that is what she had been taught could happen so she spoke up in her own defense. "I apolgoize for that oversight Pump but I was taught that that can happen the mother and pups can both be killed. Then she fell silent as she thought about the rest.

Thistle's eyes went wide when she was told she would not be allowed to take her children if she should ever decide to go, though she knew she deserved punishment it went against all her baser instincts to not snarl at those words. yes she had gotten pregnant outside of pack without permission but they were still hers her children hers. The rest of the pack helping did not bother her so much, she had assumed they would all anyway as that was what a pack did.

Thistle looked at Pump and spoke quietly "There is no need to look for the male unless you want to he is long gone, though I do believe he has family in the plateau he was also Pied's uncle and if that is what you wish I will go with you to speak with the family. Now if you'll excuse me I'd like to take my leave for the time being.. With that she did not even wait for any answers or anyone else to speak she walked away. to say she was angry was an understatement she was furious that she was stripped in a sense of her mother name, granted she would take care of her children and be allowed to tend to them, but it came with a clause she did not like. She could never leave if she wanted to be near her children and that, that smarted more than she cared to admit. her children not having a name also bothered her to no end, but Pump was the leader therefore she was the boss, the all sayer and Thistle had to follow what she deigned. Pump had no need to worry Thistle would get permission from now on she had learned her lesson and it had come with quite a few costs and she was not pleased, she would do her duty and continue to care for her friends, though she and Pump may have to have some talk in the future of that she was sure.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
It was true that while Pump did not make any specific mention of killing Thistle herself the casual way in which she said that she would kill the babes - new and utterly innocent to the wrongs of their parents as they were - created no bridge of difference to him. He could not see any mother willingly letting anyone kill their babes, even if the executer was the Alpha. Everyone was determined that Thistle’s Crete was gone but this was not a truth that Ragnar could willingly accept. Of course the absence of her first lover had given room for Ragnar to claim Thistle as his wife, he could not see past the fact that wolves did not just disappear off the face of the earth. He wanted answers - and maybe if he was being honest to rough the Plateau up - maybe duel to the death even though Ragnar already had Thistle.

Ragnar listened to Pump’s words, the dictation that the children would not even belong to Thistle and essentially himself, and instinctively it threw his paternal instincts into abrupt and forced overdrive. They were his children, their children not anyone else’s. Not even Crete’s (who was the biological father to them), and if Ragnar wanted to scoop his wife and kids up one day and depart the Ridge he would damn well do it. Did she not think that they wouldn’t rebel? Ragnar’s personal experience with children - especially when they hit the six month to a year range - was that they needed their freedom or else they would rebel. She could not chain them to the Ridge, after all. She was dictating to them and the babes what could and could not be done and a quick glimpse at Thistle hinted that she was not exactly pleased either. To Ragnar it appeared that Pump was punishing the babes more than she was Thistle.

Ragnar let the silence fall upon him, figuring it might be better if he did not open his mouth until he spoke with Thistle, first. He did not wish to step upon her toes by speaking out - even about their mateship which might at the moment, serve to make things worse. Instead he turned and walked off in a different direction than Thistle though he planned to double back and meet up with her. Of course, he intended to pay the Plateau a visit too, at some point, dissatisfied with the too simple conclusion that the Plateau male had vanished.

117 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Kennedy listened, though uninterested, to Pump speak. It seemed the children would be made to stay here without any two parents. In fact, they would have every one of them as a parent. Edy thought this better than simply letting the stupid girl have what she wanted. And yet, he could not help but think this plan would not work. The children would get names as soon as they were brought into the world, even if Pump deemed otherwise. They would be called these names, if only in secret, by Thistle and the others. Kennedy would take no part in such thing, and would probably avoid the children all together.

At the dismissal, the dark figure rose and limped off, glad to be free of further social engagements. He did not wish to be a part of the conversation in the first place, and he was eagerly awaiting some more time to himself to mope and be a general sour puss.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
Pump watched them leave the scene one by one, none of them fully satisfied with her decision and set rules. Thistle left in a hurry, the scent of adrenaline rush and weakly suppressed anger wafting around her. The wolf-dog didn't understand her - she and her puppies had been at her mercy and she had allowed them to live. Wasn't that enough? Did she really think that she deserved more?

Ragnar didn't say anything either and left the scene quietly. Only later, when he and Thistle would announce their mateship, would Pump grow suspicious about the matter. That there was more she didn't know about it and somehow the aspiring second in command was involved in all of this. She didn't believe in nonesense about love and being selfless for that - everyone had their own selfish reasons and Ragnar seemed the most fit to this metaphor.

Kennedy left without saying a single word. He had been quiet all through the meeting, but she hoped he had got the message. If he didn't agree, he had no need to be involved in caring for the illict children.

Gavriil was the only one left here, she gave him an acknowledging look, silently thanking him for coming and speaking out his mind. Then she too left, unaware that this one important decision would make big differences in life of Horizon ridge wolves.