The Sentinels If we shadows have offended
79 Posts
Ooc —
hello hello. coyote here

The petty lines the wolves set out did not apply to her. Or, at least she thought. She slipped from the borders of her "pack" come late morning, intent on exploring the land next door. She rather liked this, being overlooked and being allowed freedom where the wolves were not. She knew that the wolves of Blackrock had an alliance of sorts with the neighbouring pack, and thus was a little bit of a test run. 

She slipped past the border, treading deeper and deeper into the territory, moving slow as she went, allowing one to intercept her should they wish too. She copied to some of the body language of wolves, her form relaxed and unaggressive, though ears high and alert.
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre was not queen, yet, and thus the rules of aria's reign here applied. though they were allied with their neighbors, at present the extent of this alliance was for donnelaith to heal the wolves of the bay when needed, and for the wolves of the bay to protect donnelaith when called to arms. donnelaith themselves were not militant wolves, but they protected themselves and their own. they were peaceful, and were seemingly pacifist in nature. but lasher had killed for her! and so, while avoided, donnelaith was no stranger to answering violence with violence.

the scent of a coyote caused the fur on her nape to prickle upward. she had yet to meet a kind one, but was never cruel toward them; she guided them away from this place, because coyotes were active competitors with their breed. though deirdre was friend to all likes of creatures, she had yet to befriend a fox, or a coyote. between she and those breeds there was no bad blood. they respected her kindness, though the fox had tried its best to outwit her, enough to leave the place be.

this was a newcomer.

deirdre found it before any other, and her ears pricked upward alertly. if you are here to raid our caches, you are unwelcome here. if you are passing through, allow me to guide you. if you have need of aid or succor, it would please me to give this to you. but do not mistake my kindness for foolishness; take advantage of it, and there is a price that must be paid, she forewarned. she would rather help the other that was in need than have them thieving. valley creatures such as birds, mice, among others offered their aid in turn. the ways fox and coyotes seemed to do this was to let donnelaith be, and this she did not mind. deirdre had not yet noted the scent of the ocean upon the other, but even if she had she would assume it was merely from a scuffle with the pack-wolves, who, she imagined, might have received artemis in a more aggressive way than she!
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
the last genuine mystery
172 Posts
Ooc — kae
awk post is awk

The coyote scent sent Starbuck trotting forth. Not all wolves approached her coyote cousins without prejudice, and many skipped hostility in favor of violence. Starbuck felt that it would be cowardly of her to only acknowledge the one half of her and leave the other by the wayside. So off she went, ready to defend the coyote if need be.

To her relief, she found only Deirdre. So excited was she to see not only her friend but the coyote as well that Starbuck leapt forth, skipping niceities and introductions to pipe, hello, Deirdre! And hello, sweet cousin. May I ask your name?
[Image: counselor.gif] 1/5[Image: caretaker.gif]2/5 or [Image: outrider.gif]2/5