Emberflame Ridge Radiation
what's done is never done
385 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Adjusting to life without the use of both eyes had proved more trying than any previous injury Warbone had sustained in his violent life, and this was certainly saying something. Rami had been a significant source of help getting him back to peak condition, though in the end he had not repaid her kindness by falling in love with her as she had hoped. Still, he felt grateful to her teachings and encouragement, especially each time after being able to take down a filling meal on his own. He thought about her now— with a baby goat dying in quiet bleats between the clutch of his jaws— and sighed discontentedly as the limp body fell from his bloodied teeth to his feet.

His appetite was severely lacking, absorbed by a heaviness to his thoughts that he couldn't yet shake, but he knew he'd need the sustenance for whatever lie ahead of him. It was this thought that drew Warbone to recline unto his stomach and begin to despondently gorge himself on the bearded kid.
if sins were etched into the surface of bones,
i’d need another skeleton to record all my wrongs
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
The scent of blood swept through the air and to Rouge's nose. With the wind browing toward her she could smell it perfectly. She thought for a second about weather or not to come towards the smell. She wasn't terribly hungry but in the off chance that the prey were to have been deserted, she wouldn't say no to a free meal. 

With long strides she trotted on toward the scent when another joined. The scent of a male wolf, no doubt the hunter of the meal. His scent was new to her which enticed her. She enjoyed meeting new wolves for whatever strange reasons she made up in her head. She continued on and before long was in veiw of the male. He was coat was a deep tan and something appeared abnormal about his eye. She couldn't quite see as she kept her distance knowing how protective most wolves were of their food. "Nice catch" she said.

385 Posts
Ooc —
His body stiffened as the approach of another reached what senses hadn't been drowned out by blood. A vile green eye lifted to watch a wicked she-wolf pause at a safe distance away to compliment him. Because he could not smell her, he automatically felt disadvantaged and therefore defensive. It was not the food between them either. The meal mattered less to him than it might have in days past, so her proximity didn't bother him in that aspect. And yet still, he felt disinclined to open his red-slicked mouth— unsure of her where she had come from. Warbone acknowledged the raven woman with a solid stare, and then re-buried his nose into the young gullet, forcing himself to manage another bite while keep his ears trained on his company.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
At her arrival the male stiffened, no doubt shock to see a wolf appear seemingly out of no where, as she came from down wind. He stared at her before enduling in his meal once more. No verbal responce to follow hers. She was a bit puzzled. Why haden't he responded. At first she though he might just be rude or maybe in another situation even deaf. 

She began to step to the side, not getting closer to him but rather going to the side as if she were circling him but not fully. She did this to try and get a better view of his eye and even his ears. This also shifted her scent in the wind. She could only make out the scaring around his eye, and with that she assumed his eye might be damaged as well. 

Once she thought this she realized how uneasing this might be with him unable to see her. "Sorry, for my curiosity dear. I was trying to get a better look at your eye." she called him dear as she did with almost every new wolf she meet until learning their name and sometimes even after the fact.

385 Posts
Ooc —
Warbone stopped chewing and swiveled his head slowly, following the tailend of her long, dark body in an effort to keep some part of her in view. The wolf bred for battle knew better than to let a potential opponent completely enter his blindspot— and he had an entirely new one to defend these days. His upper lip curled, presenting her with a stained fang a moment before her apology slithered forward like a coaxing lie. His copper tail lashed suddenly, and the bloodied baron pushed himself onto his feet, turning his good eye on her fully. "Have you seen enough?" he drawled at her unhappily; his grumpiness having nothing at all to do with her.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Before she began to apologize the male had bared his teeth expressing his dislike. He stood and responded to her then time verbally and rather agitated. "Have you seen enough?" he asked. This put a smile of Rouges face. She always seemed to have fun messing with people. She rarely ever ment to truely agitate someone but rather push their buttons and watched them get heated. 

"And he speaks. For a second there I thought you were deaf and blind." she said playfuly in a wichedly smug tone. Though playful she knew her comments often turned others agressive and she wouldn't be surprised if this wolf had such a reaction.

385 Posts
Ooc —
On a better day, Warbone might have had some swift banter to share with the searing harpy— the ocean of her eyes beckoning him playfully— but the stalwart beast simply wasn't in the mood. He watched her for a long moment, realizing that she wasn't the type to cause physical trouble before mental; and he remembered why he tried to avoid women when he could. They were more devilish than the wiliest of men, and his unwillingness to immediately attack the feminine breed made their attitude more of a problem to him than anything else. Still, he discerned that she wasn't here to put teeth on him, so he would be tolerant for now.

"And what else have you thought of me that is probably inaccurate?" he blinked slowly, giving his chops a casual once-over with his tongue.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
He didn't lunge for an attack but he seemed displeased at the very least. Which gave Rouge a hint of satisfaction. He asked what else she thought of him, though not in those words as quite so kind. She thought for a while thinking of well ... him. What other assumptions could she make of him. Not looking for a negative or positive one, just and assumption in general. The ever pressing question Rouge asked whenever she meet someone new was if they were in a pack or not. 

She looked him over. Seeing his scars proved he had been through much, but that wasn't enough to say he was a loner or a pack wolf. Unsure she thought of making the assumption thinking his responce would surley answer he question. "I also thought you alone. A loner." she watched and waited. Her eyes trained on his.

385 Posts
Ooc —
"Surprise, surprise: you are correct," Warbone drawled, feeling unintentionally hurt by being called out as a solitary wolf. On his best day, he would've told her he was an alpha of someplace guarded, and that was all she needed to know. "For a second there I thought you were stupid." Though not typically so petty, he felt the need to throw her words back at her, despite knowing she wouldn't take much, if any, offense to it. If anything, she'd probably be amused by his scathing (probably butthurt) attitude.

"Do you make a habit of approaching wolves trying to enjoy their dinner?"
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Rouge smiled a bit as the male responded in a sarcastic may. In her mind he was playing her game, though not as well. But she had to give him props, he was a loner, which was something she almost always respected. Though if she learned later on that he indeed wanted to join a new pack, her respect might lower. 

He then asked if she often spoke to others while they ate which made Rouge chuckle a bit. This time her comment wasn't mocking. "Well it seems that many of us loners have few priorities. Food, rest, and travel. So yes I often walk in on a few during dinner."

385 Posts
Ooc —
"A gambler, then," Warbone surmised of her behavior. There always seemed to be at least a fifty-fifty chance of being attacked when approaching a feeding lone wolf, though through her own admission this seemed to matter little to the blue-eyed raven— a she-wolf intent on taking those chances whenever the opportunity presented itself. "Today must be your lucky day. I have lost my appetite." His eye beheld her a moment longer, perhaps appreciating his first look at a female in some weeks, but the cyclops soon turned to leave her with his catch on the Ridge.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
He stayed for only a few seconds longer before stating he had lost his desire to finish his meal and left his kill. She watched him leave before walking up to the remainder of the goat. She layed down an began to finish the males meal. 

It definatley wasn't the best first encounter but Rouge didn't think it that bad. They didn't fight and he had left he with a meal. They weren't friends in the slightest but they weren't enemies, which was goo in her book. She thought about this as she finished her meal before leaving