Sunbeam Lair Four nights will quickly dream away the time;
70 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
AW! hoping to use this for a Mercenary thread (4/5)

It was early morning when she slipped from the lair to explore the lands that her tribe had claimed long ago; however, it seemed much earlier for the thick clouds in the heavens obscured much of the light. It had rained sometime in the night, blanketing everything with a musky dampness, scents much harder to find among the musk of fresh rainfall. The clouds lingered still, and the woman expected rain to come, though she did not know when the heavens would split. 

Perhaps she could have lingered around the lair, content to spend the rainy day in rest, yet adventure beckoned and she did not ignore the call. However, the rocks she traversed were slick, and deciding to leave this part of the territory for another day, she traversed lower into the thick wood where the mountain's elevation declined. Here, she slipped through the trees with a learned grace, pelt frosted with hundreds of tiny droplets of rain, eyes having to blink overtime to keep the damp from impacting her vision. 

She moved through the trees silently, emerald gaze peeled for anything that my peek her interest and demand investigation.
170 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Do you mind if we forward date this so Airi can speak?

Airi prided herself on knowing more words than her sisters, or at least speaking the most. She made sure of that by gaining as many words as she could, knowing what they meant, and practicing the pronunciation perfectly.

Puddle. Puddlllleee. Puuuuuddle. She rolled the word off of her tongue, peering into the moving water at her reflection. A pud-dle. 

The movement in the trees nearby alerted her to another's presence. Airi turned to them, squinting. You. Teach me words. She demanded, her head tilted upwards.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
// i have no active threads so...*magically appears*

Avannon sniffed the air, watching the leaves float to the ground in various different speeds. The Autumn air smelled nice, cooling her nostrils and relaxing her body. She was just out for a mere walk, having nothing else to do within the lair than meandor about. With the latest breath came the scent of two wolves, one was Hisaya, and the other...the other was a pup. Blinking once she strolled forward with new purpose, intent on finding the owner of the alluring pup scent. When she arrived she chuffed a quick greeting "Hisaya" she said, dipping her head in greeting. Blue eyes turning toward the little black she pup, she smiled softly, head tilting to the side curiously. "Hello there..." she greeted warmly, eyes recognizing the connection immediately to Asterr. Her smile widened and she wagged her tail "What is your name?" she asked the little pup softly. "My name is Avannon, but you can call me Ava" she introduced herself.
70 Posts
Ooc —
A pup. her sisters. her maw was motionless, shocked a moment, then twisted into a smile. the girl's sheer brashness, her demanding words, for knowledge; for words, had her take an instant liking to the girl. "Very well. but if I do,  will you tell me your name?" she asked with a small smile, sitting to better address the girl.

What was she to teach the girl? what would be of interest to her? thinking quickly, she begun with the leaves that caught her glance. "This time, when the leaves are red and orange, is autumn." she begun, fairly simply, yet she did not want to loose the girl. the gestured with her muzzle to the bright leaves above, wondering just how much the girl knew already.

then another came across them, and Hisaya stifled the smallest of sighs when she noted Avannon. perhaps they imply get not gotten off to the best of starts, yet she had fixed feelings of the woman. 
of course!
170 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
She squinted at the wolf, confused as to why she was taking so long to answer. And why do they keep asking for her name? Shouldn't they already know? She was the firstborn of the Chieftess and the Shogun, Airi Draconid. Airi, She pouted, annoyed at the fact that they didn't know, a glare pointed at the next wolf to arrive. Words. Teach. Now.

A wolf began to babble words, to which Airi shook her head. Explain. No talk. Why did this woman think that was a good idea? How was she supposed to know words if she had no context?
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Avannon nodded at Airi taking a liking to the little female's attitude immediately. She had noticed Hisaya's behavior when she arrived and she felt a flash of annoyance and a bit hurt. It was true they didn't get off the right way, but Ava had no ill intentions or feelings toward Asterr's sister. As Hisaya spoke about Autumn, she remained silent and stifled a laugh when Airi voiced her annoyance and demands. Unaware if the pup knew colors she did her best to help explain. Walking away a few feet she grabbed an orange and red leaf, and brough it to Airi. "This Leaf is red, and this one is orange. The leaves are usually green, a color i cannot show you as of the moment. The leaves change when the weather grows colder, though i myself am unsure why. Autumn is the season where the summer begins to slowly change into Winter, the season when we get snow and very cold weather." Blinking once as she realized she had probably spoken to many more words she smiled sheepishly. "You haven't seen snow yet, but it is beautiful stuff. It is cold, and when it lands on your tongue from the sky it burns for a second before melting into water." Oh dear, she was not good at this. looking down at the ground, she fell silent hoping that Hisaya would step in to help if Airi was further confused.
70 Posts
Ooc —
A small smile was stiffled at the girl's mannerisms, glancing quickly at Avannon as she did the spoke, surely too much for the girl to learn. with but one more glance in the woman's direction, Hisaya looked back to the girl and to the leaves. well, the woman had indicated a place to start. eyeing the pup, she dipped her muzzle to the leaves, repeating their colours and names. "Leaves. Red. Orange. Brown." she said simply, muzzle moving to a new leaf at every colour, watching her a moment. "Leaves fall from trees, when it is autumn" she said as she strode to one, touching it with her muzzle. Glancing at the girl, asking for her judgment on her simple method of teaching, asked simply, "better?"

having never taught nor spent much time with children this young, the young woman grasped at straws as she sought to teach the girl words. she did not throw herself into a single method as Avannon had, instead attemping different methods before she settled on one that would work best in the girl's case.
170 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
They complied with her wishes finally. She watched as they repeated the words, pointed at leaves and ; red, orange, brown. She repeated them, Red. Orraannge. Brooowwwn. Red. Orange. Brown. She practiced to her herself. One is leaf? More is leaves? She asked them, already figuring that that was true. She didn't care much for their confirmation. I know tree. Wassis autumn?

She pouted at the white wolf. Yu should no. You olllllddd. She rolled her eyes, there was no excuse for older wolves not to know everything, like they acted. Did mother and father really accept such idiots into the pack? No wonder they were just commoners.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Avannon blinked once as Airi voiced her annoyance with her, though instead of getting offended like she would with an older, adult wolf, she instead smiled a small chuckle escaping from her maw. "All i know of the subject is that during Autumn, something inside the leaves starts to change, causing the green to change into the beautiful orange and red you see now. There are 3 other changes during the year called winter,spring and summer. I'll explain that to you the best i can if you would like" She said. It was true she wasn't the brightest bulb in the bunch, but she tried her hardest to do good for others, and help where needed. She matched her stupidity with determination.