Golden Glade New Horizons
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
@Aspen @Alder about time i think haha!

Shalon was currently on her way toward the main den, she was slightly unsure whether she was allowed to enter or not, but found this to be a rather pressing issue. So taking a deep breath she entered, trying to be as confident as she figured she should be when breaking the rules. Following the scents of Aspen and Alder, Shalon took one more breath before speaking up. "Aspen? Alder? Are you in there?" She called from the entrance into their secluded den. While she had entered the tunnels themselves she wasn't about to intrude into her monarchs living quarters.

"I have something that I wish to speak with you about." She spoke calmly, they were her friends after all, although as before seeds of doubt came to a head. Should she really be wasting their time with this? There was only one way to find out.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
King
"Bad boys aint no good, but good boys aint no fun."
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
*Crawls in curiously*

Snoozing beside his heavily pregnant wife, Alder was stirred by the pawsteps approaching. Deep of a sleeper as he usually was, Aspen's pregnancy and her hormones had him wired - plus, he wanted to prove to the silver woman that he was working hard before reclaiming his rank in the Court. 

Pulling himself to his paws with a quiet groan, the patchy pelted king took the few steps to the tunnel cautiously with a rumble of warning. Seconds before her voice called out to the reigning pair, Shalon's scent came to him. Pausing with a sideways glance at Aspen to make sure it was okay, Alder chuffed in greeting and invited her in with a curious tone.

"Welcome, Duchess." 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen lay with her head on her paws. She and Alder had taken some time off to nap though seems the duties of the court never ended. Shalon's scent reached their den and Aspen lifted her head ears twitching before heaving herself up into an upright position. She gave a curt nod to alder before he invited her in. 

" Greetings duchess," Aspen said warmly, the title rolling off her tongue like it was nothing. Her ears twitched curiously as she wondered what the fae's wanted to speak with them about. She waited patiently her tail twitching calmly.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
hehehe

She was glad to hear the King and Queen, it had been a while since the three of them had seen each other, let alone talked amongst themselves. She slowly enters the small cave, "Aspen," she dips her head greeting the Queens, "Alder," greeting the King. "I was wondering if I could speak with you about my trip to visit my friend Steady?" Shalon couldn't help but smile at Aspen's belly growing with the promise of puppies. Shalon was still slightly nervous, she had never interacted with pups, other than Adeline.

"I spoke with him about the Court, and he was open to speaking with you about a possible aliance." She spoke softly, the halls were so quiet Shalon had no desire to disturbe the peace. "It may not have been my place to reach out to Steady, however he is a kind fellow and his pack is strong." Shalon slowly sat back, hoping that she hadn't over stepped to much.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Alder returned to his place by Aspen's side - maybe just a bit in front of her as if the extra inches would save her life - and waited for the grey woman to come in and speak. 

She brought up a friend named Steady, and his trip - Alder vaguely remembered her trip around the time they'd been official. Letting her finish before speaking, he was glad to hear this alpha was willing to make an alliance, but at her almost-apology, his brow furrowed. 

"Nonsense - I commend you for watching out for your family, making friends instead of enemies. Where does this Steady live?"
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen nudged Alder's shoulder as he returned to his spot beside her and then she gazed over to Shalon curious to what the Duchess wished to discuss with the two of them. 

Shalon then spoke about her journey to visit her friend Steady and how he lead a pack of his own and would be willing to discuss a potential alliance with the court. Aspen's ears twitched as Alder had beat her to talking and hopefully made Shalon worry less. The duchess had by no means overstepped the bounds in fact it was great that they had another potential alliance.

In an attempt to lighten the mood a bit or to relax Shalon Aspen added with a smile "You can never have too many friends." Then waited for the fae to answer the question on Steady's location.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
this just got more interesting considering they have moved and are no longer called the Silvertip Mountain pack....

Shalon was steadly becoming more and more accustomed to the easy goingness of her leaders, becoming less fearful of trying to help. She was glad that they had so much trust in her. She nodded toward the Queen of the Court, more friends were always better. "They live on Silvertip Mountain, a day or two from here at a steady pace." She watched the pair before her, they were adorable, meant for one another. "I have no desire to pull you away from the pack Alder," Shalon knew he had two broods on the way, and wouldn't want them to go unprotected. "If you give me your permisson, I will speak on behave of both of you." She was slightly worried about leaving, perhaps waiting until the pups had grown a little was a more appropriate order of things. Although should anything happen and alliance would be most beneficial....
Shalon's Pawprints 
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Haha, yeahhhh. Shalon will have fun looking (or is she just going to find them gone and come home?)

Aspen was right, too many friends wasn't possible. Shalon seemed a little surprised, but overall happy that the King and Queen were okay with this. They lived a day or two away - somewhere Alder could only compare to being closer to the Grotto - and would be easy to reach. Just as he was preparing to tell her he would go after the pups' birth, the Duchess spoke first - she would go in their place. This time, it was his turn to be surprised, and all he could do was turn his face to Aspen. Shocked momentarily, he said nothing, silently asking if she was okay with this. He was still recovering from being sick, still proving to his wife he was fit to lead beside her - leaving for any amount of time would be hazardous to that agreement - and taking the two able leaders away for any amount of time meant a heavily pregnant Aspen would be left to rule alone again. Even at a day or two, that was something Alder didn't wish to risk: but here came his ever loyal Duchess with a better plan! His eye met her blue gaze as he encouraged this decision, but he'd already accepted that this was up to her.

"She's right - I'd hate to leave you here alone again, even if it is only a day or two. Shalon is perfectly capable of handling this herself, and she knows these wolves better - and she knows us well enough to speak for us."
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen listened as Shalon spoke. At first she disagreed with her leaving and negotiating with steady herself but as she talked and then as Alder spoke as well the idea began to look more appealing. As their duchess Aspen saw no reason the beta wolf couldn't negotiate alliance deals with steady and besides the two already knew each other.  
Perhaps if things went well Steady would pay them a visit after the pups were born. If not well it would be a little while before they met because looking after kids is no easy task. 

" Youre right Shalon," she said glancing between the two wolves. " At this point in my pregnancy I do not believe it a smart idea to travel as far as Silvertip and I would rather have Alder around here in case they came early. If you wouldn't mind, then I don't have a problem with you going in place of us and speaking to Steady yourself," the silver queen stated with a warm smile.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
I'm not sure.... I think @Freya is coming with me, so it will depend on what she learned from out new recruits. If they told her that Easthollow was once Silvertip Mountain and that they have relocated, it might be an easier trip!

Shalon listened softly as they spoke about her plan, it seemed to be the best way to accomplish their goals. Of course she was also the best equiped to speak with Steady, considering she knew him and some within their pack. When Aspen finished Shalon bowed her head, "Thank you for your trust my Queen. I will not let you down." Before join this pack she had waited so long for someone to trust her and accept her, and these two had given her a reason to feel hopeful again. "I will leave after the pups are born, I wouldn't want to delay meeting you pups Aspen." Shalon smiled at the woman, glad to see her so well. "Thank you Alder for hearing me out. And for your trust." She bowed once more, her King and Queen had quickly earned her ultimate loyalty.
Shalon's Pawprints