Larksong Grotto Day By Day
Sister
Though she be old, she is fearless.
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Spending time with Grace had done Nova well, but nothing compared to the feeling of seeing her own baby again - Alyssum had lifted her spirits in ways that only her children could. 

She had to go home though, to her half sister - but the elder fully intended on finding her again soon. Before Winter set in for sure, but right now there were bigger things to attend to. For one, she felt inclined to check on Jhala - she was due any day now, and despite the last time they'd met Nova wanted to make sure everything was okay. Padding across the path that would take her to the lake, Nova followed the freshest scent of the darker woman.

Dangling delicately from her jaws was a wide oak leaf - within it were herbs the elder planned to give to the mother-to-be for her birth. Nova knew there was no way she'd be allowed close during the labor, and her words were liable to be ignored: if she could give the Grand Vicar the herbs now to keep in her den, she would be more likely to eat them. Raspberry leaves to ease birthing pains, Borage to help her milk flow, and just a tiny bit of Thyme to keep any anxieties away. The easier birth could be on Jhala, the better life would be for everyone - including the babes in her womb.

Gonna be vague about Ally but here you go @Jhala
housewife, also prepared to fuck you up
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian

Surprisingly enough, Jhala was just outside the den today. She hadn't wandered far, a mere feet away from the entrance of the grotto, laying uncomfortably on her back with her legs splayed every which way and her ears scrunched under her head. Her eyes were closed, but she was well aware of her surroundings. When she heard paw steps she beetle-rolled onto her stomach, huffing as she had to roll back and forth a few times before she could actually manage to roll all the way over, bfeore looking at Nova Rose.

She stared, her lips pursing. "Raas may've led you back, but you left us in a time of need-- without even lettin us know. That's fucked up, Nova," she said, turning her gaze as she went to bite at her shoulder in frustration. With a single glance up, she took note of the herbs. "What're those for?" she asked. 
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Nova found the Grand Vicar just outside her den, and the elder was sluggish in her approach. She might not hold anything against Jhala, but based on the scathing words of greeting the pregnant woman wasn't so happy. Nova's ears fell back and a whine came from her throat, but with the wrap in her jaws she was left speechless. Thankfully, Jhala asked for them - Nova slunk forward a few more steps before reaching out as far as she could to offer the wrap. If the woman herself didn't take them, Nova would come but another step forward to put them at her paws. Her words were quiet, hurt - but she gave Jhala the information she wanted, backing away a few steps to give the hormonal woman room.

"My daughter needed me, and I gave the only warning I could before I had to go. I apologize for my absense, but the Grotto and Raas holds my undying loyalty. These are edible herbs for when you go into labor: rasberry for pain, borage for milk flow, and thyme for any anxiety you might have." 
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Jhala was quiet for a few moments, staring at the herbs in front of her. Her anger seemed to die away, and it was visible in the way her face began to droop-- but her eyes lit up in a somewhat hopeful way. "I hope I have a daughter," she comments quietly, gaze not leaving the bundle. "I'm going to name her Wesleigh, and Imma teach her every damn thing she'll ever need to know." There was bitterness in her voice, and had Nova known the full story she'd've known that Jhala was referring to the lack of sex-ed she had been given. But she didn't, so perhaps it just seemed like she wanted to teach her child something. 

"She'll have brothers," she added, tail wagging a little, "They'll keep her safe. Gray and Jakob." She pauses, realizing Nova mostly likely doesn't care-- she wasn't a close friend, it didn't matter. She cleared her throat. "Which one's thyme? Is it safe to eat now?" she asked, gaze looking up. 
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Jhala's anger subsided for now, and Nova lowered herself into laying down across from her. The bitterness lacing the Vicars tone was confusing - the elder couldn't decide if it was towards her or some other unknown force. The woman's gaze doesn't leave the herbs for a long time, and despite her words of wanting a daughter, Nova thought she would reject the herbs. 

"I rather like the name Wesleigh. Daughters are a handful, let me tell you - I've had a few girls and a few boys - but sons are usually even more rowdy. I remember wanting a daughter of my own: and when that little girl was old enough to talk, wow, she was more spoiled and queenly than Laurel."

Nova laughed, humming fondly to show that as much as she joked, the girls were dear to her. After all, Nova herself had been one of those spoiled, regal pups. The charcoal kissed elder listened with great interest at Jhala's sureness of boys - two brothers - and giggled. This woman didn't know what she was asking for! 

Surprise lit up her face when Jhala asked if the thyme was okay to eat now. She knew what it was for - did that mean she was more stressed than a new mother should be? It was a rough process, she knew, but something told the intuitive elder that there was another factor in all of this.

"Well, they're all safe to eat now, but this bundle is for when you go into labor specifically.... If you'd like, I can get you more thyme, or show you where a good bush of lavender is. Are you feeling anxious of the labor, or parenthood itself?"
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"She won't be spoiled. She's not a princess, she's a little girl," Jhala said simply, not understanding the confusion-- or how Laurel had turned out so rotten. Granted, Jhala grew up learning to fight. She didn't play or relax like most pups, she grew up learning how to be a seasoned warrior. By the time she was barely a year she had been in a number of battles, and knew nothing but the ways of a mercenary. Maybe that was her problem, but Jhala knew only that her children would be educated and loved-- there would be a healthy mix of both. That's how it's supposed to be.

"I, uh, I just don't remember a day I wasn't stressed out," she replied, shifting uncomfortably. She hesitated, staring down again. "I just kind of remember being uncomfortable and unhappy-- and... then Reek helped me, somehow, and then I was better. And then Raas granted me with his children-- and, I don't know what to do with them," she muttered, shaking her head. 

"No, I'm fine, I don't need them, I'm sorry I asked-- I can wait."  
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Nova shrugged in acceptance of Jhala's words - perhaps she was right, and the warrior could raise a less spoiled daughter then Laurel. Unfortunatley, Nova herself hadn't been able to - she had treated her kids like princes and princesses - and didn't care in the least. Her kids were respectful little devils! 

"I just don't remember a day I wasn't stressed out." Poor Jhala - Nova felt for her, and a whine fell from her lips. She should have brought the herbs separated so the Grand Vicar could calm down a bit. Her explination could only be matched to heat, and this was confirmed when she mentioned children - but that wasn't the surprising part. A lot of females didn't know about heat and pregnancy - Nova hadn't until her first heat! It was the mention of Raas'children that furrowed her brow. Devout of a follower as she was, she just wasn't sure that was the way to put it. This, she didn't voice, but focused on the fact that Jhala wasn't ready for kids.

"Nobody is ever really ready for kids, I don't think. They're difficult to handle - but I want you to know I'm always a howl away if you need a break, or help."

Standing and stretching, Nova yawned. Her silvery blue eyes were warm, and the elder smiled down on her Grand Vicar. With a respectful bow of her head, she insisted on bringing Jhala the herbs she needed to relax. 

"I'll fetch some more Thyme for you anyways, stress isn't good on you, the babes, or the Grotto. Unless you'd prefer aromatherapy - I can replant a lavender bush out here." 
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Jhala let out a soft breathe, her tail flicking as she nodded. "Sure, thank you, Nova," she replied quietly, closing her eyes for a moment. The elder offered to bring her the herbs, and the Vicar quickly nodded. "Either, please," she answered, letting out another controlled breathe. Her amber gaze moved upwards, studying the elder curiously for a moment before giving her a soft smile. "I 'preciate it, thank you," she said, repeating her thanks to the woman once more. 
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
As far as Nova could tell, Jhala's thanks were genuine - and her soft words inflated the elder with pride, gave her emmence happiness at feeling neeeded. It almost masked the feeling of rejection from her own daughter, but that was something she pushed roughly away without batting an eye. She would do her suffering in silence, when she didn't have such an important task before her. Even as the Vicar said either would suffice, Nova planned on both. 

"My herbs are close - I'll get those now, and replant the bush later on."

Turning, the golden woman trotted briskly away, hurrying to one of the few thinly stocked caches she had in the area. Sweeping the paw-high stack into a wide oak leave and bundling it together, panting lightly, Nova was back in a couple minutes time. Breathlessly, she placed the leaf before her Grand vicar and smiled warmly. 

"Don't eat more than a couple of them at a time, but there's really no danger to them even if you ate every one." 
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Jhala let out a sigh, nodding, and placed her head on her paws as the woman left. When she returned, the Vicar was in an entirely different position, laying on her side with her legs spread around her. It was not comfortable, but more than before. When she saw Nova, Jhala propped herself back up and smiled a little, thankful that the herbs had come. "Thank you," she murmured, gaze falling on the leaf. She sniffed it curiously for a moment before opening it and lapping up two, closing her eyes and sucking in a breath. 

"Thank you," she repeated.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Jhala had moved during her time gone, but she rose when the elder gave her the herbs - the Grand Vicar's next smile brought even more joy to herself. There was not a time she regretted leaving the Marauders, leaving Tavi and her insanity - Hiram was a leader rightful of her respect, and Jhala clearly was as well. Despite Nova's doubt that the woman really did feel as strongly about Raas as she said she did, she'd pushed it back and chose to ignore it - everyone showed things differently. 

"You're very welcome - if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to call."
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"I will," Jhala said, her tail waving a little bit. "Thanks again," she repeated, her eyes remaining closed as she sat. Her breathing was heavy and controlled, no doubt from her discomfort, but she seemed fine. She rested her head on her paws, deciding that now was a good time to rest-- Nova was free to leave.