Cerulean Cape scarborough fair
WITCH OF THE WILDS
22 Posts
Ooc — Pixel
@Chusi! ♥

It was the closest place to the water she could find. Her wandering through these Wilds had produced little in the ways of swamps, and now she almost feared that there were none like the ones she was so used to. Either she could risk the flood of power from the treeless marsh, or she could continue on and wander forever — there was no way she could go home now, not when she'd boasted so proudly of success! Image was everything, but it couldn't give her the retreat of the moon and water in one balanced place, could it? It couldn't give her a place to sleep for the night, either.

So, Antigone found her way to the coast again, sweeping her body into the bright blue waters that shimmered and shone in the afternoon sun. Up to her shoulders in the sweet-colored brine, she watched the colorful life below the tide, the way small, low-ground schools of fish warped around her paws and through her legs, the way crabs scuttled away from her, blowing bubbles. Thick algae and soft plants waved tall in the calm water, and the distant lapping waves that fed around the peninsula made the bright orange-red burn of the sky glitter. It would do better than most; not a dark canvas for the moon, but the things beneath could be made good charms out of, at the very least.

Oh — and they looked cool. Grinning to herself, she pounced after a small school of fish, splashing in the bright water. They swam in all directions, and she followed the largest clump, splashing away. It did wonders for how listless she'd been all day, that was for sure.
[Image: naturalist.gif] 0/5 · [Image: caretaker.gif] 0/5 
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Time with Arturo was great- it was everything she had hoped it would be. He was the father she never had, the parent who didn't abandon her and really thought of what she wanted. Still, the woods they had settled in was kind of intimidating every now and then. She missed the sea, but knew she would miss Arturo even more if she decided to go back to Donnelaith. Still, the giant roots and even bigger trees upset her, thinking she would never grow. Little did she know she grew every week- slowly but surely. She could almost reach Arturo's face whenever they were together, and Chusi was very happy about that. Her slighty willow frame weaved through the trees with ease- the bone she had gotten a while back in between her teeth as she trotted over the border.

She planned to go for a swim- wash the dirt off her gray kissed obsidian coat and enjoy the last rays of sunshine as the golden orb of light slipped underneath the sea to prepare for another day. She smiled softly around the Gift as she approached the water, her front paws already flushed and glittering with water drops before the noticed she wasn't alone. One eyebrow raised slightly as she looked at the puppy-like behavior of the, what seemed like, grown up wolf.

What ya doin'? She almost shouted at the other- confused as to what she was planning to do to the sea. Chusi was the butterfly of the coast and the one the sea had called for many times, and the woman was not paying the respects She deserved. If the other's plan was to hunt the fish, she should do it quick and merciful. 
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
WITCH OF THE WILDS
22 Posts
Ooc — Pixel
If there was one thing to learn about Teekon, it was that it wasn't too different from Phyrgia in the sense that around every corner lurked somebody. At least here she didn't have to avoid Nagging Nan and Phyllidia the Gossip; those two women could twitter between themselves some thousand miles away, thanks. Instead, the voice of question belongs to a girl, as young as her little siblings, maybe younger — she lets the memories of them subside, slowing to a stop in the blue-orange water. Algae tickled about her legs, and the fish she'd been chasing swam slowly back between her legs.

"Playing, I guess," she managed through a huff, smiling broadly (if a little flustered at getting caught being so childish, by a child). Turning in the water, she let her gaze drift down toward the bone in the little girl's mouth, her ears perking forward with delight. "What a find!" and Antigone's soaking tail wagged suddenly, flinging water everywhere. "Did you manage that all by yourself? Impressive!" Never tell Antigone Demos she wasn't the best potential babysitter who nobody would ever hire ever in the world!
[Image: naturalist.gif] 0/5 · [Image: caretaker.gif] 0/5 
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
As the other slowed to a stop in the autumn air, the water that had splashed so magnificently rippling until only tiny waves surrounded the other's legs, Chusi had a chance to take her in. Her palette was mostly dark, much darker than that of the Gray Lady, but lighter tints also painted her wet pelt. Chusi let her head hang to the side in a display of confusion and concentration. The young woman had such interesting eyes! Liquid gold revealed friendliness, at least for now, and embarrassment- though the latter did not stand out to the child. Chusi smiled at the other's words- playing was fun, but not in the cold water, chasing fish that were far more enjoyable in her tiny stomach.

Chusi lay her gift somewhere safe in the sand where the sea could not take it, shaking her head slowly. 'Turo hid it for meh- though I did find i' all by m'self. She informed rather proudly. She padded through the cold water, almost leaving a trail of dirt in the water as she did so. She really was dirty! Who are ya? Aren't ya cold? She asked carefully.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**